HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CSHL Junior Blue Jackets info?

Old
09-12-2011, 06:49 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
CSHL Junior Blue Jackets info?

Anyone know of a good resource for the Columbus Blue Jackets Jr. team in the CSHL? Even broad strokes, like what years they existed, etc would be helpful.

Old
09-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Roadman
Moving On

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
Anyone know of a good resource for the Columbus Blue Jackets Jr. team in the CSHL? Even broad strokes, like what years they existed, etc would be helpful.

You might try over at Light the Lamp. They seem to be involved in Youth Hockey and Community affairs in general.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
You won that jersey, didn't you?

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 10:05 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

He did thanks to me being out of town when the auction ended. lol

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 11:39 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

lol. you guys nailed me. best $18 or whatever I've ever spent. It's awesome!

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
lol. you guys nailed me. best $18 or whatever I've ever spent. It's awesome!
That's what she said.

Old
09-13-2011, 12:06 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

All I remember is that Scott Levins, late of the Winnipeg Jets, Florida, Panthers, Ottawa Senators, Phoenix Coyotes, and Columbus Stars, was the coach for at least one season. He also played three seasons in the German league (DEL).

I believe he's also banned from entering Germany, but I wouldn't swear to it.

Old
09-13-2011, 12:06 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

What they're teasing me about, and why I started this thread:

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...&postcount=752

Old
09-13-2011, 08:35 AM
kshymkiw

Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Copied my info from the Jersey Thread:

Do you know what year it is from? I can more than likely put a name to it, if you know what year it is from.

Quote:
Columbus Junior B Hockey Mission

Columbus Junior B Hockey provides young athletes between the ages of fifteen and twenty the opportunity to develop their knowledge and skills in the game of ice hockey. Coaching is oriented to developing players to both improve their skills at the Junior B level and to prepare them for play at higher levels of competition, including Junior A, college and professional hockey. Junior hockey is a serious, competitive level of the game, and participant selection is based on skill, ability and the capacity for continued development in this sport.

Columbus Junior B Hockey believes that participation in junior hockey also helps young men to advance educational and occupational goals, to grow in maturity, to further develop and leadership skills, and to grow into adults of character and confidence.

As a member of USA Hockey and the Central States Hockey League, Columbus Junior B Hockey operates in a manner consistent with these organizations' programs goals and philosophies, including:

To provide talented young players with the opportunity to develop competitively in an organized, structured and supervised environment.
To provide considerable training time, quality coahcing instruction and attentive supervision.
To provide players with a healthy, constructive environment in whihc to develop socially.
To provide assistance and opportunities for the accomplishments of the participant's educational goals.
To provide players with exposure to collegiate and professionals scouts and recruiters.
To provide players with exposure to national and international competition.
To protect the amateur status for all participants.
Their 'Home Rink' was Chiller North. Their last season seemed to be the 2006-2007 CSHL Season. During 2006-2007 they played 45 games, and went 11wins 31loses 1otl 1sol for 24 pts, and dead last in the East Division of the CSHL. They had a couple of guys go to D1 NCAA schools, but no one ever progressed from there it seems.

In 2006-2007, they averaged 73 people at each game for attendance.

http://web.archive.org/web/200706121...CJBH/index.cfm

Best source for info, it seems. I don't' think they were around for that long.

kshymkiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 10:14 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshymkiw View Post
Copied my info from the Jersey Thread:

Do you know what year it is from? I can more than likely put a name to it, if you know what year it is from.
Thanks for all of this. No, I have no idea what year it's from. I guess based on the style it would be anywhere from 2003-07. I've tried to find a date in the jersey, but it's faded out, and wouldn't tell me much for sure anyway.

Old
09-13-2011, 10:17 AM
kshymkiw

Quote:
Thanks for all of this. No, I have no idea what year it's from. I guess based on the style it would be anywhere from 2003-07. I've tried to find a date in the jersey, but it's faded out, and wouldn't tell me much for sure anyway.
So what info are you looking for exactly?

If I am looking up everything right, this team was only around for 2-3 seasons. Only 1 guy ever wore number 2 for them, as well.

Old
09-13-2011, 10:28 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
So what info are you looking for exactly?

If I am looking up everything right, this team was only around for 2-3 seasons. Only 1 guy ever wore number 2 for them, as well.
Who the player is, what year it's likely from, more about the team, etc.

I tried that wayback link and it's giving me an error about loading robots.txt or some such, so I'll try it later.

I appreciate all of your help.

Old
09-13-2011, 10:54 AM
kshymkiw

Quote:
Who the player is, what year it's likely from, more about the team, etc.

I tried that wayback link and it's giving me an error about loading robots.txt or some such, so I'll try it later.

I appreciate all of your help.
Here is what I can find for guys who wore #2:

Todd Rudasill # 2 / Forward / Powell, OH (2004-2005)
Patrik Lindberg #2 / Forward / Sweden (2006-2007)

I guess it is a crap shoot at that point, unless you know the year the jersey was worn

Problem being....I think the team has been around since about 2000, maybe. Considering in 2004-2005 this is the Bio on the headcoach:

Quote:
Wade Bartley, Head Coach

Coach Bartley enters his fifth season as head coach of the Junior B program in Columbus. Wade also serves as hockey instructor for the Chiller Ice Rinks, providing hockey skill education for all age groups. A second round draft pick of the Washington Capitals in 1988, Wade attended four training camps for the Capitals and the Detroit Red Wings. Coach Bartley has played for a number of teams in the CHL, ECHL, OHL, AHL, MJHL and also for the Tilburg Trappers of the Dutch Elite League and for the University of North Dakota.
Let me see if I can do some more digging, and find out some more.

Old
09-13-2011, 10:59 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Appreciate the effort and information.

I guess it has to be one of those guys, which is a lot better than I've been able to do.

If I had just picked it up in town, it'd be one thing, and probably the Powell guy, but this came from an ebay seller in Arkansas!

Old
09-13-2011, 11:18 AM
wahsnairb

Quote:

I guess it is a crap shoot at that point, unless you know the year the jersey was worn

Problem being....I think the team has been around since about 2000, maybe. Considering in 2004-2005 this is the Bio on the headcoach:

Let me see if I can do some more digging, and find out some more.
i played with todd at olentangy.. was truly unbelievable in high school.. shame he didn't keep with it

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 11:30 AM
kshymkiw

Quote:
Appreciate the effort and information.

I guess it has to be one of those guys, which is a lot better than I've been able to do.

If I had just picked it up in town, it'd be one thing, and probably the Powell guy, but this came from an ebay seller in Arkansas!
I wouldn't jump at it yet. I am trying to see if this team came from a dissolved team, etc.....

I think the team had been around since 2000, although may not have been in Columbus since 2000.

I will keep digging, but the team was dissolved prior to the 2007-2008 season, I believe they became the Cleveland Lumberjacks. Let me dig some more, this is rather interesting.

Old
09-13-2011, 11:32 AM
kshymkiw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
i played with todd at olentangy.. was truly unbelievable in high school.. shame he didn't keep with it
He ended up playing for Ohio State.

2007-2008 was his Freshman Year @ OSU.

https://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1249165

Old
09-13-2011, 11:42 AM
kshymkiw

A lot of this information just doesn't line up well.

I don't think this team was ever actually called the "Ohio Junior Blue Jackets" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_Junior_Blue_Jackets

As it says that team's first year was 2006-2007, but the older webpage I found has players playing in 2004-2005. To make it even worse, it seems the CSHL, was absorbed into the NA3HL, and very few stats/records were kept prior to 2006-2007.

Even crappier luck, it seems the old CSHL site, points to the Columbus Stars website in 2004.....

This info was released prior to the start of the 2004 CSHL Season:

Quote:
The second change was the sale of the Columbus Crush to Milano Sports, the team will now be named The Columbus Stars, Milano Sports also added a UHL Team to the Columbus area also named the Columbus Stars. The CSHL Team is in the process of finalizing the coaching staff, a Arena that they can call home, and the try-out dates to put the Team together, as soon as those dates come available they will be added to the web page
Who is the Crush?
Looks like the Stars lasted 21 games, and then were done. The stars never wore those style uniforms, so we can count any of the stars players out.

Just based off of teams and uniform styles, it had to be one of those 2 guys. No other Columbus minor team, that I can find, played with those style uniforms.

Last edited by kshymkiw: 09-13-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old
09-13-2011, 12:04 PM
wahsnairb

Quote:
He ended up playing for Ohio State.

2007-2008 was his Freshman Year @ OSU.

https://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1249165
ya, i know.. and he didn't do what was necessary to be a star there like he was before going there. it was a shame

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 12:44 PM
kshymkiw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
ya, i know.. and he didn't do what was necessary to be a star there like he was before going there. it was a shame
That sucks. Seemed like he had loads of talent. Sad when kids like that have loads of talent, but don't apply it once they get out on their own.

Old
09-13-2011, 12:50 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

There is an email listed on here for the team. www.rauzulusstreet.com/hockey/junior/cshl.html Very unlikely anyone still checks it but might be worth a shot.

It also does look like they became the Cleveland Jr Lumberjacks so maybe you can contact someone via their website. http://jrjacks.pointstreaksites.com/...acks/home-page

Last edited by 1857 Howitzer: 09-13-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old
09-13-2011, 01:07 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
There is an email listed on here for the team. www.rauzulusstreet.com/hockey/junior/cshl.html Very unlikely anyone still checks it but might be worth a shot.

It also does look like they became the Cleveland Jr Lumberjacks so maybe you can contact someone via their website. http://jrjacks.pointstreaksites.com/...acks/home-page
The email looks like a relative of Todd's. Thanks!

Old
09-13-2011, 01:22 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
The email looks like a relative of Todd's. Thanks!
Did not notice that, it just might be. Good luck

Old
09-13-2011, 10:45 PM
Palinka

Funny CSHL story. As has been mentioned, Scott Levins was the coach for at least one year, and I was at a total of one game in the franchise's history. Unfortunately, that also means that I can't help with chronology or anything else.

I did see Levins after a game, so I asked him how the season was going. Let's just say that his response was a rather humorous and pointed retort about certain parents who complained about everything in sight.

Palinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 11:47 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:

Mystery solved. It was worn by both players!

I reached Patti Rudasill, who was the contact on one of the info pages about the CSHL Blue Jackets. She had the following to add to what's been posted here.

Quote:
I think you got all of the information right. a group of us started a Junior B franchise in 2004 as a not for profit. It was our way of giving back to the city. we knew the youth hockey program needed to grow with the BlueJackets in town and We liked the junior program.(the next year the aaa program started) And you were right that Todd Rudasill wore #2 the first year then went on to play for the IceDiggers (jr a in alpena,MI) then came back and played Varsity for Ohio State. the extension year we recruited Patrick who was from Sweden. we folded the CSHL team in 2007 when my husband and I moved to Philly and I was the GM and none of the other owners could run the team and no one wanted to buy the franchise. Interesting that you got a jersey....I guess Patrick sold it. I gave a jersey to each player when we folded the team and donated a bunch of equipment to "off the street gang"
Quote:
That jersey was both Todd and Patrick's....we used the same jerseys(a home and an away jersey) for all 3 years But the last year we added a 3rd jersey. I did a lot of mending to make the jerseys last the year and added only a couple of new jerseys when they were torn beyond repair.