HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs Have Held The Most Preliminary of Preliminary Turris Talks

Old
09-23-2011, 09:17 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
I'd probably give up Bozak to gamble on Turris, no doubt. By the look of it, he wants out.

I don't think I'd give up anything in the way of a top prospect though..

Does Turris play wing at all and if so, does he do it well?

09-23-2011, 09:28 AM
asdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
I'd easily give up Colborne for Turris, or a number of other pretty decent pieces. He's got #1 C potential IMO, and if we can get him for a decent price, we absolutely should. A lot of people are undervaluing him in this thread and/or overvaluing current Leafs (what else is new).
I don't think it's so much undervaluing him and overvaluing Leafs players as much as it is trying to get him for as little as possible. Also, the fear that Turris will not reach his potential while the player(s) given up will, and haunt the Leafs. Given the Leafs' history, can you blame them?

I haven't seen enough of Turris, but if you have and you think he can become a 1st line center, that's cool. It just seems like a lot of the hype for Turris is simply based on where he was drafted rather than what he has done up to this point.

asdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 09:37 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello View Post
I'd probably give up Bozak to gamble on Turris, no doubt. By the look of it, he wants out.

I would offer one of Bozak or Colborne, Phoenix's choice.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 09:57 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Scrivens, Franson, Bozak
for
M. Boedker (need another 2008 first rounder - plus need a Danish player for the Norway-Denmark-Sweden triple)
K. Turris
conditional pick

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.

Last edited by ULF_55: 09-23-2011 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Changed Gunnarsson to Franson.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Beleafer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Scrivens, Franson, Bozak
for
M. Boedker (need another 2008 first rounder - plus need a Danish player for the Norway-Denmark-Sweden triple)
K. Turris
conditional pick
LOL if phoenix wants to, sure. We could have a line of kadri-turris-boedker. I dont think they are interested in franson though.

Beleafer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:

From what i know, no he doesn't play on the wing.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 10:19 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
LOL if phoenix wants to, sure. We could have a line of kadri-turris-boedker. I dont think they are interested in franson though.
Franson played in their conference, so they'd know about him. If they aren't intested in him then I'm not sure why the Leafs would be high on him?

I think Scriven might be of value to them, they did invite Pogge to camp didn't they? Mike Smith and Labarbera are their goalies right now. I think their goalie of the future is Visentin but he's just a kid.

ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law

Quote:

according to pheonix fans he can play wing. can't speak to how well he does it, but he hasn't exactly looked great at center either. from what i remember he has the shot to play on the wing, not sure if he'd be very effetive along the boards and in the corners though.

Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Budsfan

Is there really a deal on the table Bozak for Turris, or is this just a guess, as to what the Coyotes want for him, or is there really any deal to be made at all.

Quote:
The cost? Probably Bozak who had more points (32) than Turris last year (25) but in more games and with a minus-29 to boot. Both are right-handed shooting centres and Bozak’s price tag — $1.5 millon for this season and next — would fit the Phoenix payroll more comfortably than the $3-4 million that rumours suggest Turris is seeking.
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...tion-for-leafs

Budsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 11:03 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
Is there really a deal on the table Bozak for Turris, or is this just a guess, as to what the Coyotes want for him, or is there really any deal to be made at all.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...tion-for-leafs
Almost certain it's simply a guess, I doubt Cox has insider info with Burke.

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Beleafer4

Quote:
Franson played in their conference, so they'd know about him. If they aren't intested in him then I'm not sure why the Leafs would be high on him?

I think Scriven might be of value to them, they did invite Pogge to camp didn't they? Mike Smith and Labarbera are their goalies right now. I think their goalie of the future is Visentin but he's just a kid.
Leafs are high on franson because they need offense from the backend. Phoenix already has yandle and OEL. I dont think they would be particularly interested in someone who would become rather redundant on their team. Its like us getting another shutdown d-man.

Old
09-23-2011, 11:35 AM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
Quote:
Scrivens, Franson, Bozak
for
K. Turris
conditional pick
Scrivens is a nice start, and Bozak is okay, but I think Phoenix (as a fan of both Phoenix and Toronto) would rather have a player who has higher potential (ala Colborne) which isnt a big loss to Toronto anyways if we get Turris coming the other way.

As for Franson, Phoenix is already stacked with defensive prospects mixed with veterans. The loss of Jovo is replaceable, so I believe they'd rather go for someone up the middle or on the wing.

Quote:

Scrivens is just a kid as well. He hasn't proven anything to anybody other than he can play in the AHL.

Dont get me wrong, I really like Scrivens and may be the BUG by the end of the year, but Phoenix has Visentin, Domingue, and Lee as their prospects.

The Brewmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Beleafer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post
Scrivens is a nice start, and Bozak is okay, but I think Phoenix (as a fan of both Phoenix and Toronto) would rather have a player who has higher potential (ala Colborne) which isnt a big loss to Toronto anyways if we get Turris coming the other way.

As for Franson, Phoenix is already stacked with defensive prospects mixed with veterans. The loss of Jovo is replaceable, so I believe they'd rather go for someone up the middle or on the wing.

Scrivens is just a kid as well. He hasn't proven anything to anybody other than he can play in the AHL.

Dont get me wrong, I really like Scrivens and may be the BUG by the end of the year, but Phoenix has Visentin, Domingue, and Lee as their prospects.
Have you seen alot of turris? What do you think of him?

Old
09-23-2011, 12:12 PM
Mogwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post

He's not a kid at all. He is 25.

Mogwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 12:24 PM
MugenSilverSiR

Bozak is starting to show signs that he can play that offensive game at this level. Give me time...coming right out of college to the NHL is a huge step. He will post up career numbers this year.

MugenSilverSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 12:25 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

adding turris would be ok, but paying him 3.4 per would be retarded.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Edgeworth*

If we could pick up Turris and Dumba in the same season I would be so happy.

Schenn, Dumba and Phaneuf on our blueline? DAT LEADERSHIP.

Edgeworth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 12:32 PM
mpolo

Trading him here bascially sends the message that we think he's worth the $$ that Phoenix won't pay. First, I'd be worried that he wouldn't pan out, but even if he did, I'd be worried that he would cause the same problems that got him in trouble in Phoenix in the first place.

Is this guy a team player?

mpolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Edgeworth*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpolo View Post
Trading him here bascially sends the message that we think he's worth the $$ that Phoenix won't pay. First, I'd be worried that he wouldn't pan out, but even if he did, I'd be worried that he would cause the same problems that got him in trouble in Phoenix in the first place.

Is this guy a team player?
He might be. It might be him trying to get out of Phoenix and go somewhere with more stable ownership or a more lively fanbase. There's more reason then $$ for players. Maybe Turris doesn't want to deal with the threat of having to pack up and move to some part of the country, etc. etc.

If he does want that money, well..have fun sitting on the sideline. He probably will pan out giving how brilliant he's looked in the playoffs and even at times during the season. This sesason was suppose to be his "big season" but who knows.

Edgeworth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
I would rather trade TC than bozak but I admit, I am very biased..
that's one word you could use.

Patty Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
I think that if Turris was to become a Leaf today he would be behind Darryl Boyce in the depth chart.
hold on. did you forget the or were you having a senior's moment?

Old
09-23-2011, 01:40 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Around in 67 View Post
hold on. did you forget the or were you having a senior's moment?
Turris wasn't that high in the depth chart in Phoenix, whether he can even play the third line role now is unknown, he wouldn't go directly into the top 6, he is unfamiliar with the Leafs system, and he may completely miss training camp.

So, no.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGrinder View Post
Yeah, obviously.

But the majority of fans that posted are saying they would only support a deal for something like Komi + 2nd, maximum 3rd round pick, Tyler Bozak, ect

Some fans are saying they wouldn't even give up Bozak.
thought you weren't coming back for a couple of months??

Old
09-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
When replying to a post of mine, the bolded goes without saying.

What Leaf player don't you really like?
lol. good one my friend

Old
09-23-2011, 01:47 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Turris wasn't that high in the depth chart in Phoenix, whether he can even play the third line role now is unknown, he wouldn't go directly into the top 6, he is unfamiliar with the Leafs system, and he may completely miss training camp.

So, no.
never said top 6. is that where you have Boyce slotted?

that may be why we disagree...