HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres win 3-1 (EN)

Old
09-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
We'll see Dumont in the NHl this season mark my words !
I'm with you. He reminds me of White in the sense that they both get what role they have to play, that they limited skills in some areas, so they have to bring it in others. Dumont plays an aggressive dump and chase style forcheck, and is perfect for the 4th line. As i said earlier, he reminds of ex-canuck Ryan Johnson. Feisty and aggressive.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:20 PM
LeMAD

Desharnais is such a good player. It amases me how great his puck control can be along the board even though he gets outmuscled.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:22 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
I'm with you. He reminds me of White in the sense that they both get what role they have to play, that they limited skills in some areas, so they have to bring it in others. Dumont plays an aggressive dump and chase style forcheck, and is perfect for the 4th line. As i said earlier, he reminds of ex-canuck Ryan Johnson. Feisty and aggressive.
Imagine two white on the same line

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:22 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Lack of depth at forward will be the team's achilles heel this season.

Not sure if serious?
If you are you need to give your head a shake!

If you were being sarcastic, put a sarcastic emoticon up so we know, K?

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:23 PM
cprice31

and antechamber can't stop talk about desharnais....the guy was nowhere tonight

cprice31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Our Team!!!!

Cammy-Plecky-Cole
Patches-DD-AK
Eller-Gomez-Gionta
Moen-Dumont-White
Darche

Markov-Gorges
Beaulieu-Subban
Gill-Yemelin
Weber

Price
Budaj

You love it?
I don't think Beaulieu is making the team this year. Let's see the rest of the exhibition season. He needs to put on some weight, and exhibition play is not like the regular season. I think the Habs will be patient with him.

Also, I'm not crazy about Eller as a winger. I think he is a better centre. I also think JM plans to use him as a shut down centre which is what he was doing at the end of last year.

Dumont suddenly makes that 13th spot battle really interesting. Palushaj is falling but this kid is rising fast.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SB164

antichambre L'antichambre à RDS

Manchette de Patrick Lalime "L'influence de Subban" Lalime considère que PK est un excellent joueur qui rend le monde autour de lui meilleur

Translation: PK's influence - he is such a talented player than he makes the players around him better.

Agree, or disagree?

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Live Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
IMO Desharnais has gotten some speed and it show. It was the only thing that could have been an obstacle to him in the NHL I would say. But he really worked on it.
Although I did see some improvement, I think their is room for a lot of improvement. He still has difficulty keeping up with the opposition's counter-attack and struggles to recover the puck along the boards.

Live Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:24 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan1968 View Post
Not sure if serious?
If you are you need to give your head a shake!

If you were being sarcastic, put a sarcastic emoticon up so we know, K?
We call up Trotter or Palushaj if we need some scoring replacement? We don't have a single option regarding offensive forwards, if one of our top-9 gets injured he will be replaced by 4th liners.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:24 PM
HomaridII

BrianWildeCTV BrianWilde
27:15 for Beaulieu. Consider this #habs fans: compare just drafted 18 year old D-men's 1st game to this kid. No comparison. Kid's got future

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Playoff Beard

I'm confused... Didn't get the chance to watch the game tonight since I just got back home. You guys seem to say that Beaulieu did good during the game and watching the highlights on rds, they keep showing him doing bad plays.
I'd like a more in-depth analysis of his game, what did he do well?

PS: And now on l'Antichambre they're talking about him being the 6th D...

Playoff Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:26 PM
onice

From the prospects Beaulieu, Gallagher & Dumont simply shone. Beaulieu may be just a year away from the NHL. Gallagher...wow,,, what a player.

Dumont is just the type of player we need but he's only 21 and I wouldn't call him up to put him in the press box for half the games. He either plays most of the games or he goes back to the A.

DeSimone is interesting and if they can get Avstin sorted out he'll be an excellent player.

Budjai looks like he'll be an excellent back up.

onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Hugo Sham

beaulieu looked great but wow gallagher...this kid reminds me of theo fleury. quick question is Gallagher bigger than gio? or gerbe? this kid has so much jam and a great hockey sense...he will play on the habs. i'm convinced of it

Hugo Sham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Protest the Hero

DD, Gallagher, and even Henry all look to have increased their foot speed over the summer.

All game I was thinking Gallagher needed to improve the strength on his stick, then he had that fantastic shift in the third. I still think he lost the puck too many times, but maybe he needed better linemates.

Beaulieu looked awesome, his skating style is a big contrast to PK's, longer strides but he still manages to gather speed really well, good puck control.

I think Dumont needs to get faster still, but I like him, always hustling.

Avtsin needs to put on some weight, he had a couple good shifts out there when he was put with Pac, and DD. Not a real smooth skater considering his build, but again I want to see him play with some real players.

What's the over/under on the first Budaj-Price thread? I know Mayer gets a lot of flack but he looked pretty solid in there.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:29 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
beaulieu looked great but wow gallagher...this kid reminds me of theo fleury. quick question is Gallagher bigger than gio? or gerbe? this kid has so much jam and a great hockey sense...he will play on the habs. i'm convinced of it
He is one inch taller than Gionta, 2 inches taller than Theo Fleury

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Only caught bits and pieces of the game, but from what I saw MaxPac looked to make an impact in all 3 zones. Love the dimension he brings to our offense. It's exciting to think of him, Cole and Kostitsyn spread out over our top 3 lines.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:32 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoff Beard View Post
I'm confused... Didn't get the chance to watch the game tonight since I just got back home. You guys seem to say that Beaulieu did good during the game and watching the highlights on rds, they keep showing him doing bad plays.
I'd like a more in-depth analysis of his game, what did he do well?

PS: And now on l'Antichambre they're talking about him being the 6th D...
He played more than 27 minutes. He was NOT the 6th D. Beaulieu and Subban on the PP was sexy.

JM played him in all situations and he was very impressive. Great skater. Heads up passer. In fact, heads-up everything. Supported the rush. Beat forecheckers to the puck even if at first they had a step on him.

He wasn't physical though and he could stand to gain some weight. Overall, he is by far our best rookie.

Old
09-21-2011, 09:37 PM
TroyM

That was a great game to watch, some seriously impressive showings from the young guys. Thinking ahead to the real battle for a final roster spot up front, I think these guys are up for the battle:

Dumont
Blunden
Engqvist
Trotter
Palushaj

So far that's about how I'd rank them as well. I'm probably overrating Dumont a bit, but I definitely think Palushaj has been the most disappointing player period these first two games. Really looked lost out there, creating nothing, knocked off the puck easy, etc. The top four guys have all shown good things, but Dumont and Blunden looked like ideal bottom 6/13th forward types. I dunno, fun stuff to watch anyway. Might be better for a guy like Dumont to spend a full second year in the AHL and continue to improve.

TroyM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:43 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
He played more than 27 minutes. He was NOT the 6th D. Beaulieu and Subban on the PP was sexy.

JM played him in all situations and he was very impressive. Great skater. Heads up passer. In fact, heads-up everything. Supported the rush. Beat forecheckers to the puck even if at first they had a step on him.

He wasn't physical though and he could stand to gain some weight. Overall, he is by far our best rookie.
I think they are hyping him to stay with the team as the 6th Dman, not that he was tonight.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:46 PM
Live Forever

Also nice to see Ex-Habs Halpern and Hammer pick up a goal and an assist with the Caps tonight and Auld stopping all 15 shots against the Bruins. Pouliot picked up 2 minor penalties with the Bruins...some things just never change...

Live Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:47 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I think they are hyping him to stay with the team as the 6th Dman, not that he was tonight.
Yeah, read that wrong. I'm not on the let's keep Beaulieu train yet. It's one game and it's exhibition, but the kid was impressive.

Old
09-21-2011, 09:48 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I thought Gallagher looked better as the game progressed. I think he has what it takes to be an nhl player. Give him a couple years.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:49 PM
EveryDay

Thumbs up for Marc Denis!!

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:49 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
We call up Trotter or Palushaj if we need some scoring replacement? We don't have a single option regarding offensive forwards, if one of our top-9 gets injured he will be replaced by 4th liners.
That's my point. Our team will have to be 100% healthy this season. Looking at the two preseason games, we dont have a lot of firepower waiting in the wings.

But we do have Cap Money sitting in the bank. We have that going for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
it's SouthernHab, of course he's serious. Just ignore him.
Thanks buddy.

If Pacioretty gets injured this season, or Gionta or Cammy, who do we have to replace them with?

I watched the games. And depending on which post you read, you will see someone state that "Trotter wasnt that great" or "Palushaj was invisible".

I love the talent that we have on this team when we start the season. I simply made a comment that we dont have a lot of depth that can come from Hamilton and not disappear.

Sorry that offended you.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWiznewski View Post
Did anyone see how much DD has gotten better ? Him and Patches were amazing together !
The goals were scored against their line. Not so good. Anyway, I didn't expect better once I saw the lineup JM iced against the Sabres. I didn't watch the game but I'm glad there were some bright spots and that Budaj wasn't torn apart. the two losses so far don't count in the standings and the Habs are still awaiting the arrival of their injured players, This shouldn't be a scary season for them.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote