Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ordering a Jets Jersey (questions)

Old
09-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Prot

vCash: 100
Ordering a Jets Jersey (questions)

I know there is a thread about basic opinion of the Jets' jersey, but I wanted to ask a few specific questions, and opinions specifically about buying them.

Especially now that we know what they look like, and the approximate pricing and (unfortunately) how long it will take them to get here!

I was going to order a jersey, but from this forum, and the internetz in general, I am getting a few mixed signals.

- Uniforms aren't out for a Loooong time.
- The uniforms you can order now are 'premium' but you can't get authentic? The ONE authentic uniform seller I have seen, says you can't buy it customized (IE: no name/number) and it is a lot more, even in vanilla format.

- Some people say you get a discount.... if you're a season ticket holder... true or false?

- Someone said if you get the jersey from the Jets' store, you get an exclusive 'season one' patch?

Also, I believe I have a small understanding of the difference between a premium and authentic jersey as far as one is actually a replica, and one isn't, but -quality- wise is there any real difference?

For the fun of it, I'd like to ask if you are getting a customized jersey, what are you getting on it? You don't have to be specific if you don't want to, but what I mean is, are you getting an actual player's name? Or something based on your name or number?

Also are you getting home or away colours?

Prot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Ondrej The Giant

vCash: 50
Here's what I have seen/heard so far:

At Jet's Gear store the Authentic is $299.99 and listed as arriving in the first week of October. The replica ($129.99) will arrive in the third week of October. This is right on the paper sign below the jerseys.

Discount: Proof or letter of being a season ticket holder or on waiting list will earn you a 15% discount. I have used it many times. I just print out the email and show ID and that's it.

Ondrej The Giant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 01:33 PM
s1g

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupOfGlory View Post
Discount: Proof or letter of being a season ticket holder or on waiting list will earn you a 15% discount. I have used it many times. I just print out the email and show ID and that's it.
Also, people on the waiting list should have received discount cards in the mail by now.

Can anyone help me out with the sizing of jerseys? I'm about 5-10, 190lbs. Would I take a M or a L in the replicas?

s1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Prot

vCash: 100
Quote:

At Jet's Gear store the Authentic is $299.99 and listed as arriving in the first week of October. The replica ($129.99)

Wow. I feel like a bit of a tool. I've been spending full pop at the store... bought a fair amount of stuff for me and the family as well.

I'm still not sure about Replica or Authentic but I will probably put my own name on..... if at all. Unfortunately the way players get traded these days....

Definitely going with home jersey first though.

Prot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Bought two replica home/dark jersey's at Jets store last week using my ST discount, and got both customized(Ladd for me, Byfuglien for my bro), including inaugural patch. They said they would in sometime in middle of October.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Roooski

Well I ordered one from Jets Gear as I wanted an authentic one and because I was unable to get season tickets wanted to but it from there to show some support I guess. It says they will be available first week of Oct. Customization will be available as well as a anaugural season patch.....wouldn't doubt if it costs extra though.

Crappy thing for me is I didn't get on the waiting list either so now I am forced to pay full price with no option of a discount for all my gear and I have already bought alot and will buy more...and on top of that sounds like I am going to have to pay extra if I ever want to get a chance to see a game....thats a big IF too.

Roooski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roooski View Post
Well I ordered one from Jets Gear as I wanted an authentic one and because I was unable to get season tickets wanted to but it from there to show some support I guess. It says they will be available first week of Oct. Customization will be available as well as a anaugural season patch.....wouldn't doubt if it costs extra though.

Crappy thing for me is I didn't get on the waiting list either so now I am forced to pay full price with no option of a discount for all my gear and I have already bought alot and will buy more...and on top of that sounds like I am going to have to pay extra if I ever want to get a chance to see a game....thats a big IF too.
Don't worry, I feel fairly confident you will get a chance to see a few games. There have already been tickets offered up here in the ticket exchange thread and we have only played one preseason home game. There will be more and if you are around when it happens you should have a shot. Plus because we only allow tickets to be sold at face value, you won't get gouged.

Also, did you go to winnipegjets.com to sign up for the ticket lottery? Every month people will be picked to pick 2 tickets from the available ticket pool.

Either way, keep your chin up. At the very least we get to see all 82 games this year.

09-22-2011, 02:46 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:

At Jet's Gear store the Authentic is $299.99 and listed as arriving in the first week of October. The replica ($129.99) will arrive in the third week of October. This is right on the paper sign below the jerseys.

I don't have to. They know me so well I am like 15 percent off please.

Too bad the 15% off does not work on game worn jerseys.

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 03:59 PM
hockeyarena

vCash: 1503
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1g View Post
Also, people on the waiting list should have received discount cards in the mail by now.

Can anyone help me out with the sizing of jerseys? I'm about 5-10, 190lbs. Would I take a M or a L in the replicas?
i'm 5'10" 180lbs and ordered a 50 in authentic which is a L in replicas so i'd say you're a L as well.

hockeyarena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 04:04 PM
jetster

The patches you get on your jersey, do you only get it if you preorder before they come out in october? or can i buy one early to mid season and still get the 1st year patch?

jetster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 04:31 PM
s1g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Bought two replica home/dark jersey's at Jets store last week using my ST discount, and got both customized(Ladd for me, Byfuglien for my bro), including inaugural patch. They said they would in sometime in middle of October.

Nice! Does that mean I can just go to the store, put my money down, and they'll call me when it arrives? How much did a replica with customization and inaugural patch come out to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsdude View Post
i'm 5'10" 180lbs and ordered a 50 in authentic which is a L in replicas so i'd say you're a L as well.
Good stuff. Thanks for the info!!

s1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 05:14 PM
Ondrej The Giant

I also saw a sign at Jet's Gear store saying no more pre-orders being taken so I would assume that you can no longer order at this time.

Ondrej The Giant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 05:52 PM
Roooski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Don't worry, I feel fairly confident you will get a chance to see a few games. There have already been tickets offered up here in the ticket exchange thread and we have only played one preseason home game. There will be more and if you are around when it happens you should have a shot. Plus because we only allow tickets to be sold at face value, you won't get gouged.

Also, did you go to winnipegjets.com to sign up for the ticket lottery? Every month people will be picked to pick 2 tickets from the available ticket pool.

Either way, keep your chin up. At the very least we get to see all 82 games this year.
Thanks for the encouragement! trust me I will be around and my chin is glued up to the keyboard.

And of course I have signed up for the draw...as well as gotten every family member I know to as well. Not too mention I have checked the tickexchange program here and on the jets web page many times. Just a little frustrated earlier when I posted.

anyways back to the jerseys.......

Roooski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 05:52 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1g View Post
Nice! Does that mean I can just go to the store, put my money down, and they'll call me when it arrives? How much did a replica with customization and inaugural patch come out to?
Yep exactly, they take your credit card number and some basic info and said they would contact you when it comes in. The replica's are 129.99, plus 90 for the official lettering (press on looks terrible, don't do that), another 9 for the "C" on my Ladd and the inaugural patch is 14.99. So yah, it'll run between 230-250 before tax.

Old
09-22-2011, 06:14 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Yep exactly, they take your credit card number and some basic info and said they would contact you when it comes in. The replica's are 129.99, plus 90 for the official lettering (press on looks terrible, don't do that), another 9 for the "C" on my Ladd and the inaugural patch is 14.99. So yah, it'll run between 230-250 before tax.
Yeah that isnt a racket or anything....

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Yeah that isnt a racket or anything....
This is VERY STANDARD pricing. I know you seem to have a problem with ANYTHING that costs you a dollar, but this is not even out of the ordinary. It ALWAYS costs to add patches and letters (cost me more than 9 to add a C to my Dustin Brown jersey, for example).

Old
09-22-2011, 07:32 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 758
This ^^^^^

Also heard from a manager at Sportchek polo park. They have 1000 jerseys coming in to be released on october 6th. Various names available. Apparently they will be selling for 134.99. Take with a grain of salt.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 07:35 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
This is VERY STANDARD pricing. I know you seem to have a problem with ANYTHING that costs you a dollar, but this is not even out of the ordinary. It ALWAYS costs to add patches and letters (cost me more than 9 to add a C to my Dustin Brown jersey, for example).

My problem isnt the cost of anything... Its the blatent gouging.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
My problem isnt the cost of anything... Its the blatent gouging.
You show me ONE example of it, I will give it to you. So far you whine about captain's lettering(standard pricing), inaugural patch(standard price), not sure if you meant the others but they were all standard price as well (cheaper for me since I got ST discount).

You also whine about TSN-JETS costing 10 dollars a month(oh no a dollar a game how will I live!!!), when the reality is that we are the smallest market in the league making the finances different, so Jets signed an agreement with only TSN/Bell, ends up costing some people on other carriers. Don't mention the fact that we now have the best local broadcast of any canadian team, and I have NO PROBLEM saying that after only one pre-season game (says something for the broadcast standards of awesome free Sportsnet don't it?)

Old
09-22-2011, 08:02 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
This ^^^^^

Also heard from a manager at Sportchek polo park. They have 1000 jerseys coming in to be released on october 6th. Various names available. Apparently they will be selling for 134.99. Take with a grain of salt.
I would bet money that the 134.99 are the blanks. And the named ones will be 209.99+. The manager probably got something like "starting at" 134.99.

Old
09-22-2011, 08:12 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I would bet money that the 134.99 are the blanks. And the named ones will be 209.99+. The manager probably got something like "starting at" 134.99.
He told me with name & number 134.99. Which is up 5 bucks from the standard 129.99. I could see it being 134.99 name & number since sportchek tends to sell more they are able to play with margins more than most retails. An example would be when Tees and hats were released they were 5-8 bucks cheaper on those items. I was told it was due to the volume they're able to move versus local retailers.

Old
09-22-2011, 08:18 PM
KingSalamon

I'll buy you two day-old donuts if the replica jerseys are being sold for 134.99 with name and numbers on them at Sport Check. Perhaps this is where we see the crappy silkscreen names and numbers? $5 for lettering is going to be of poor quality.

I think there will be a downtown retailer selling the replica jerseys for 109.99 blank but I can't confirm this... it's just a practice that the guy follows to get extra business.

KingSalamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 08:29 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSalamon View Post
I'll buy you two day-old donuts if the replica jerseys are being sold for 134.99 with name and numbers on them at Sport Check. Perhaps this is where we see the crappy silkscreen names and numbers? $5 for lettering is going to be of poor quality.

I think there will be a downtown retailer selling the replica jerseys for 109.99 blank but I can't confirm this... it's just a practice that the guy follows to get extra business.

I wasn't saying that the 5 bucks would offset the cost of putting the name/number on. But jerseys are around 45% mark up, so if you sell 1000 in the first couple days below the price of your competitors you end up still way a head. Not to mention stores like sportchek just want you in the door, have you seen the amount of Jets crap they have? Either way, like I said, take with a grain of salt. At the end of the day, I'll go where the price is best (probably Jets Gear with the the STH deal)

Old
09-22-2011, 08:29 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
He told me with name & number 134.99. Which is up 5 bucks from the standard 129.99. I could see it being 134.99 name & number since sportchek tends to sell more they are able to play with margins more than most retails. An example would be when Tees and hats were released they were 5-8 bucks cheaper on those items. I was told it was due to the volume they're able to move versus local retailers.
Like King Salamon said, those must have the ****** press on, there is just no way it is that cheap. I've never seen a half-decent quality jersey for less than 199.99, even at sportchek.

http://www.sportchek.ca/product/inde...778486.3778423

Here is a standard jersey they sell, 129.99 with no names or numbering. Its 80 or 90 bucks to send them in get lettered so 199.99-209.99 is what it costs.
EDIT: I am not doubting your word or anything, just saying I will believe it when I see it.

Old
09-23-2011, 09:30 AM
Chaosmonkey

vCash: 1004
Keep in mind that Canadian Tire now owns SportCheck and all the sister stores, so even more buying power. Not that I think that they will sell sweaters with stitched name/numbers for 135, but it's reasonable to think they would be cheaper.

Now, if the letter is off, it's not worth it imo.

When I see people who have cheap lettering done at bomber games, that look nothing close to the official stuff, I'm torn between dying a bit inside, and laughing at the sucker who paid for it.

Chaosmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote