HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

All Injury Talk: Markov to rejoin team at the end of Oct? Ryan White out indefinitely

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2011, 09:14 AM
habsjunkie2*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Or yours................
I think your point is largely irrelevant to be honest with you. I agree with on one thing, it's not the habs management, markov's or any of the fans desired result, but when PG signed Markov, unless he has been a sleep for a few years, he knew there were some inherent risks associated with it, he weighed those risks during discussions and decided long term the habs are better with markov than without and was willing to accept any possible, although very minor setback to this point as part of the package.

PG wasn't some gullible GM who was duped into signing Markov thinking every thing was going to be 100% perfect. He determined the habs are a better team with markov on the roster, whether that's 06 oct, 21 dec, we are better off with him and he's right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
You can't just look at one year and say Grabovsky is better than Gomez. Prior to last year Grabovsky's career year was 48 points which was equal to Gomez' worst year of his career.

Getting Pateryn and a 2nd for him was a great trade.
Are you crazy? I agree with the rest of your post, but this portion takes the cake.

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 10-05-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old
10-05-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
I think your point is largely irrelevant to be honest with you. I agree with on one thing, it's not the habs management, markov's or any of the fans desired result, but when PG signed Markov, unless he has been a sleep for a few years, he knew there were some inherent risks associated with it, he weighed those risks during discussions and decided long term the habs are better with markov than without and was willing to accept any possible, although very minor setback to this point as part of the package.

PG wasn't some gullible GM who was duped into signing Markov thinking every thing was going to be 100% perfect. He determined the habs are a better team with markov on the roster, whether that's 06 oct, 21 dec, we are better off with him and he's right.
Agree 100%...and it's what i've been trying to say.

While Markov not being ready today, may be a big shock to fans (why, I have no idea, but...) I do not believe it's a big shock to management. I'm positive they envisioned this scenario when negotiating with them, to think otherwise would be to imagine the entire Montreal Canadiens organization and the people they employ to verify these things are all incompetent.

Old
10-05-2011, 09:35 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Agree 100%...and it's what i've been trying to say.

While Markov not being ready today, may be a big shock to fans (why, I have no idea, but...) I do not believe it's a big shock to management. I'm positive they envisioned this scenario when negotiating with them, to think otherwise would be to imagine the entire Montreal Canadiens organization and the people they employ to verify these things are all incompetent.
I have no medical back ground whatsoever and knew it was possible scenario. You don't need to be doctor to realize someone coming off major surgery may not be 100% at the exact time you had hoped. I'm sure they were hopeful and perhaps optimistic, but they had every knowledge that this was not only possible, but likely.

Old
10-05-2011, 10:12 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Are you crazy? I agree with the rest of your post, but this portion takes the cake.
Niinimaa and a 5th for Ribeiro.

Now THAT was a good trade.

Old
10-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Capitano

Kind of a bummer that our top player continues to miss extended periods of time, but c'est la vie.

It's too bad, because our team would be challenging for the cup with him. Instead the rest of our guys are picking up the slack and grinding themselves to the bone.

Imo, this year will be our best opportunity to win a cup with this group before the younger guys start to get paid the money they deserve.

Old
10-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Why does that take the cake? When you can trade a spare part for a prospect and a 2nd rounder you are making a good trade. Grabovsky had no room here on the top 6.

Old
10-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
You can't just look at one year and say Grabovsky is better than Gomez. Prior to last year Grabovsky's career year was 48 points which was equal to Gomez' worst year of his career.

Getting Pateryn and a 2nd for him was a great trade.
Giving a 28+28=56 guy for nothing is a great trade? Ok if you say so.

Amazingly bad assessment of talent... again.

Old
10-05-2011, 12:26 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post

It had nothing to do with "talent assessment" and everything to do with the fact that Grabovski was a problem in the room and a step away from heading to the KHL. To pretend like those weren't factors in the trade is wrong.

Old
10-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post

When was a 28+28=56 guy given away? You're way out in left field.

Old
10-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
It had nothing to do with "talent assessment" and everything to do with the fact that Grabovski was a problem in the room and a step away from heading to the KHL. To pretend like those weren't factors in the trade is wrong.
Plus they got a 2nd round pick and a guy just drafted in the 5th round(Patteryn) in return. Not sure how that qualifies as "giving him away" in any way, shape or form?

Old
10-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Beakermania*

Robert Lang = nothing.....

Old
10-05-2011, 01:10 PM
SB164

renhockey Renaud P Lavoie
#canadiens Lars Eller ne jouera pas demain. Une à 2 semaines avant son retour.

As expected, Lars Eller will not play tomorrow, he's 1-2 weeks away from a return.

Old
10-05-2011, 01:19 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
renhockey Renaud P Lavoie
#canadiens Lars Eller ne jouera pas demain. Une à 2 semaines avant son retour.

As expected, Lars Eller will not play tomorrow, he's 1-2 weeks away from a return.
Thanks, I'll update the title. Has anybody heard anything about Moen? Is he in tomorrow?

Old
10-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Thanks, I'll update the title. Has anybody heard anything about Moen? Is he in tomorrow?
From yesterday:

Quote:
Moen on the cusp: With anticipation for the Canadiens season-opener on the rise, and the puck drop at Toronto’s Air Canada Centre only two days away, Travis Moen is hard at work doing all he can to make sure he’s in on the action. After sitting on the shelf with a lower-body injury sustained in the Habs’ Sept. 24 match-up with the Sens, the rugged forward still has two practice sessions left to make his final push.

“I’m not green lit yet, but I felt pretty good today so I’ll just have to wait and see how I feel tomorrow,” explained No.32 before going on to discuss the process of getting to know new linemates Andreas Engqvist and Yannick Weber. “Today was the first day I was with them, but obviously Engqvist is a good skater and player and Webby’s got a great shot, so I’m going to go out there and try and get in better shape tomorrow and hopefully play with those guys on Thursday.”
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=594340

Old
10-05-2011, 01:51 PM
TheWhiteIdea

Any update on Ryan White?

Old
10-05-2011, 01:51 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Thanks. Guess it's still touch and go for now.

Old
10-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteIdea View Post
Any update on Ryan White?
Quote:
The news isn’t as promising for Ryan White and Andrei Markov. White isn’t close to getting on the ice as he recovers from a groin injury.
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...#ixzz1Zw7LPYuP

I imagine it'll be at least 2 weeks once he starts skating again, so there's a good chance he misses all of October (but that's just my opinion).

Old
10-05-2011, 02:47 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...#ixzz1Zw7LPYuP

I imagine it'll be at least 2 weeks once he starts skating again, so there's a good chance he misses all of October (but that's just my opinion).
Yeah, groin injuries and ab injuries can be really slow to rehab

Old
10-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
yeah I've heard this argument , three times in fact.

1) Ribeiro
2) Grabovski
3) Kostitsyn

Wonder if there's ever been another team in history that traded away 3 players for zilch and had those players lead their new team in scoring (and mysteriously and suddenly drop the PROBLEM label that supposedly led to their trade).

Quote:
I am not, but if I was in left field you couldn't see me from your alternate universe.

Quote:
Plus they got a 2nd round pick and a guy just drafted in the 5th round(Patteryn) in return. Not sure how that qualifies as "giving him away" in any way, shape or form?
Where on the roster is there anything close to the 28+28=56 resulting from that trade. Answer: there is zilch. nada. nothing.

We're off topic on this thread. /done

Old
10-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Not sure if it was said already, but from Martin McGuire on CKAC, Markov stopped skating. Not sure since how many days now though, he didn't mention it.

Quote:
Well the fact that he was unhappy is directly related to the fact that Habs didn't think he'd be that good and that he couldn't help the team. They didn't give him the icetime he thought he deserved and in the end.....he deserved it. Might have been cocky, might not have been a good milk drinker like we all have here, but in the end, he was right and proving it. Like Ribs, like SKost, like Lats.

Incredible how we seems to be THE team with the most "problems" and that we absolutely HAD to get rid of even it means not getting anything for it. If you really can't do anything with a guy who's making Sean Avery like a school boy, well you play him, you make him produce, and THEN you trade him pretexting that your needs are elsewhere. And even if you would have had to admit that he's not the easiest guy in the room, I'm sure you would have had a really great trade 'cause there are always coaches and GM's that think that THEY could fix him.

And all that based on what we think they were terrible cancers, yes, there are incidents, but there are also proofs that some might not have been as terrible as we all want to think they were, see the Boucher-Kostitsyn relation when he was sent down. And you also have to think that once a cancer, always a cancer. I kept hearing how Dallas would be tired of Ribeiro, or once Burke happen to know Grabs, that he wouldn't last long etc....well I'm still waiting....See, Avery is a REAL cancer. So many ex-teamates have said it so. And he has changed teams enough to prove it. But OUR cancers? Yep, possible that they weren't real easy.....but as far as I'M concerned, they put their actions with their words, and proved that they should've gotten more. There's nothing I hate more than a guy who talks a lot and don't act....guy like Bulis for example who was frustrated that the Habs were not giving him an offensive role....to which he demonstrated later that he didn,t deserve it.

We could have done better as far as giving them more confidence or be able to see the talent they had so that they would help us and never be frustrated or we could have showcased them more in order to trade them later. You cannot send guys with that much potential for nothing. Which other team has that kind of record anyway?

Last edited by Habsfan18: 10-05-2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: merged
Old
10-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not sure if it was said already, but from Martin McGuire on CKAC, Markov stopped skating. Not sure since how many days now though, he didn't mention it.
Hum, this is kind of big news... Not looking good. LTIR coming?

Old
10-05-2011, 05:36 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
You are absolutely right ! He was 29 + 29 = 58.

Old
10-05-2011, 05:43 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Thanks. Guess it's still touch and go for now.
Hey, you think you can update the first post with details of who is injured and expected returns? I think it would be a great idea.

Old
10-06-2011, 04:02 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Well boys and girls IT'S GAME DAY!!!! Dion Phaneuf. Phil Kessel Nik Kulemin Lule Schenn and Grabvoski lead the team into battle vs your habs. should be a good one both teams need to get off to a solid start vs the divsion.

Old
10-06-2011, 04:05 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Well boys and girls IT'S GAME DAY!!!! Dion Phaneuf. Phil Kessel Nik Kulemin Lule Schenn and Grabvoski lead the team into battle vs your habs. should be a good one both teams need to get off to a solid start vs the divsion.
Shame we don't have Latendresse anymore, I think he and Kessel are heading to the same battle. Eat a certain amount and it's free!

Closed Thread