HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Injury Talk: Markov to rejoin team at the end of Oct? Ryan White out indefinitely

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-10-2011, 08:46 AM
  #676
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,492
vCash: 500
If Cammalleri is out maybe AK46 could take his place in the lineup while he is injured...

Mathradio is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 08:47 AM
  #677
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,382
vCash: 500
Is Eller back for the home opener?

BLONG7 is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 09:19 AM
  #678
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,970
vCash: 50
Awards:
Cammalleri now out for 2 months, according to TSN.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 09:21 AM
  #679
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
I hope that's not true. Although Kostitsyn getting showcased would be nice. That would mean Palushaj would likely be called up for an extended period though. Maybe Blunden too.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 09:27 AM
  #680
Le Maroons
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Cammalleri now out for 2 months, according to TSN.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/
Read on twitter that ice chips must be a mistake.

Source: BrianWildeCTV

Le Maroons is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 09:27 AM
  #681
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Cammalleri now out for 2 months, according to TSN.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/
If it was a new story, I'd buy it. Ice Chips makes mistakes all the time though. I'm sure the months was just messed up with weeks.

One Man Rock Band is online now  
Old
10-10-2011, 09:36 AM
  #682
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,492
vCash: 500
Let's suppose that Eller is back into play:

Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Cole
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Darche-Eller-Desharnais
Moen-Engqvist-Palushaj
Blunden

Gill-Subban
Spacek-Emelin
Gorges-Diaz
Weber

Price
Budaj

Mathradio is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 09:39 AM
  #683
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Let's suppose that Eller is back into play:

Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Cole
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Darche-Eller-Desharnais
Moen-Engqvist-Palushaj
Blunden

Gill-Subban
Spacek-Emelin
Gorges-Diaz
Weber

Price
Budaj
Still looks pretty good to be honest.

guest1467 is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 09:42 AM
  #684
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,359
vCash: 500
Both the 2 weeks and 2 months reports are false. Cammalleri will see the doctor today.

LeMAD is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 09:51 AM
  #685
Le CH
Registered User
 
Le CH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,242
vCash: 500
Guessing that deep laceration = 4 weeks

Le CH is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 09:54 AM
  #686
RedWhiteBlackGold
Registered User
 
RedWhiteBlackGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,198
vCash: 50
Just wondering if there's been any updates on Markov's progress? I have him on my fantasy team and don't know if I should drop him or hold on.

Don't really feel like scanning through 28 pages so figured I'd post and see if one of you fine members could give me an update.

__________________
http://i60.tinypic.com/2vmddhj.png
RedWhiteBlackGold is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 10:02 AM
  #687
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlackGold View Post
Just wondering if there's been any updates on Markov's progress? I have him on my fantasy team and don't know if I should drop him or hold on.

Don't really feel like scanning through 28 pages so figured I'd post and see if one of you fine members could give me an update.
Still skating on his own, although some reports (nothing confirmed by Habs) say he isn't skating at all.

I'd say the earliest you'll see him back is beginning of November. That's best case scenario.

JGRB is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 10:02 AM
  #688
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlackGold View Post
Just wondering if there's been any updates on Markov's progress? I have him on my fantasy team and don't know if I should drop him or hold on.

Don't really feel like scanning through 28 pages so figured I'd post and see if one of you fine members could give me an update.
No updates unfortunately. The last we've heard is he's still "on schedule" which would mean he COULD perhaps play before October is done. But seems unlikely. He has yet to join the team to skate / practice.

Dan K is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 10:10 AM
  #689
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,465
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I'd wager the Ice Chips thing is a mistake..
but it's probably an omen.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
10-10-2011, 10:15 AM
  #690
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Cammalleri injury is said not to be serious according to team, so 2 months obviously a mistake by TSN.

In regards to Spacek and Campoli injured, with Markov still not given any timetable on his return and a lack of depth in the AHL, wonder if the Habs will sign another player or look for a possible trade?

Weber has played well put into the position the last two games due to injury, maybe he gets to stick at D for now?

And forward, hope the Habs don't promote Moen to top 6 status in the absence of Cammy. He had a good game, but we have seen that before with Moen and it isn't his style. A call up of Palushaj would be best.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 10:21 AM
  #691
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Cammalleri injury is said not to be serious according to team, so 2 months obviously a mistake by TSN.

In regards to Spacek and Campoli injured, with Markov still not given any timetable on his return and a lack of depth in the AHL, wonder if the Habs will sign another player or look for a possible trade?

Weber has played well put into the position the last two games due to injury, maybe he gets to stick at D for now?

And forward, hope the Habs don't promote Moen to top 6 status in the absence of Cammy. He had a good game, but we have seen that before with Moen and it isn't his style. A call up of Palushaj would be best.
I don't see how Weber can't be looked at as a solution on defense, but with Martin and his old country club ways... You can expect Gauthier to be looking for more stop-gap players like say McCabe on the open market.

I'd be terribly disappointed in the management of this hockey club if Weber wasn't given an extensive look right now. He's earned it already, stop treating him like Mark Streit.

JGRB is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 10:30 AM
  #692
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,970
vCash: 50
Awards:
I hope it's a mistake. Two months is a hell of a long time to be out.

Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 10:33 AM
  #693
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,312
vCash: 500
What's the latest on Leblanc?

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 10:36 AM
  #694
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I don't see how Weber can't be looked at as a solution on defense, but with Martin and his old country club ways... You can expect Gauthier to be looking for more stop-gap players like say McCabe on the open market.

I'd be terribly disappointed in the management of this hockey club if Weber wasn't given an extensive look right now. He's earned it already, stop treating him like Mark Streit.
The team has given him the opportunity to play, and that has been shown with him being up last season and getting a one-way this year. His play in the pre-season compared to that of Diaz didn't allow him to get that spot as a regular on D.

Martin is giving the kid a chance on D right now due to the injuries, and he has stepped up. He has to do that consistently. And, to have him at forward allows us the security to dress 8 Dmen, and also allows him to play. Streit earned his time to be a permanent Dman, Weber has to do the same and this is his time to prove it.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 11:01 AM
  #695
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Let's suppose that Eller is back into play:

Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Cole
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Darche-Eller-Desharnais
Moen-Engqvist-Palushaj
Blunden

Gill-Subban
Spacek-Emelin
Gorges-Diaz
Weber

Price
Budaj

I can live with that lineup for a few weeks.

My only fear is that Martin will use Eller as a winger on the first line.

Et le But is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 11:09 AM
  #696
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
The team has given him the opportunity to play, and that has been shown with him being up last season and getting a one-way this year. His play in the pre-season compared to that of Diaz didn't allow him to get that spot as a regular on D.

Martin is giving the kid a chance on D right now due to the injuries, and he has stepped up. He has to do that consistently. And, to have him at forward allows us the security to dress 8 Dmen, and also allows him to play. Streit earned his time to be a permanent Dman, Weber has to do the same and this is his time to prove it.
This 100%. And if he keeps up the good play he'll definitely earn that spot.

neofury* is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 11:12 AM
  #697
groovejuice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,082
vCash: 500
from twitter
MCammalleri13Michael Cammalleri

Thank you for all the well wishes. I I'm doing fine. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving.


Doesn't sound like 2 months....

groovejuice is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 11:30 AM
  #698
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200
 
99GoHabsGo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Charlottetown,PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,140
vCash: 50
when do we get an update?

99GoHabsGo99 is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 11:32 AM
  #699
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,078
vCash: 1340
Moen always lights it up in the first two weeks of the season. I'd be okay with him playing a couple games at top 6, but I'd really like to see AK step it up.

InglewoodJack is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 11:35 AM
  #700
groovejuice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
when do we get an update?
Habs medical staff to examine Cammy and Spacek today

groovejuice is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.