HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question on B. Dusablon?

Closed Thread

Old
08-24-2004, 12:24 PM
eddy

vCash: 500
Question on B. Dusablon?

Hey, Habs just signed Benoit Dusablon, we don't know much on him besides his carear stats, I see he played 3 games with the rangers last year and spent the rest of the season with the famr club, can anyone give me some info on him flaws, what he's good at, carear potential, anything?
Thanks

Old
08-24-2004, 12:37 PM
Ranger Blue
Awaiting Moderation

I always liked Dus but he is way too injury prone. He missed almost half of the last two seasons in Hartford with injuries. Broken wrist, Knee problems, concussion problems, back spasms.... He's got some talent and is pretty tough along the boards when he's healthy but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

I wish him luck though, like I said, I always liked him.

Old
08-24-2004, 12:57 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Blue
I always liked Dus but he is way too injury prone. He missed almost half of the last two seasons in Hartford with injuries. Broken wrist, Knee problems, concussion problems, back spasms.... He's got some talent and is pretty tough along the boards when he's healthy but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

I wish him luck though, like I said, I always liked him.
Yea I liked him too. I remember watching him play in a preseason game. And when he was on the ice he hit. I think maybe a bigger version of Ronald Petrovicky just without the scoring. Maybe 15 points tops.

Old
08-24-2004, 01:00 PM
Ranger Blue
Awaiting Moderation

He's 26 now I think. Not sure but close to that. He has some potential but like I said, hurt way too much. I know earlier this season he even contemplated retiring because of them.

Hopefully a change of scenery will give him a new chance.

Old
08-24-2004, 01:31 PM
melisa

Probably will become a 4th line star for the Habs. Ughhh..

Figured some stuff like this would happen as this system is loaded with grinder types now.

Old
08-24-2004, 04:11 PM
Edge

He came onto the scene and surprised some people a few years back but injuries and progress have slowed down over the years.

He might still make it, but he probably saw himself getting lost in the shuffle in NY.

Old
08-24-2004, 11:30 PM
bmoak

Benoit just turned 25. He's an undrafted player who worked his way up from the ECHL. Basically a grinding, hard-nosed center who gets injured a lot. Put up big numbers in the Q and the ECHL, but his offense probably won't translate to the NHL-level. Good AHL player if healthy, but not a playmaking center. 10 goals would be a career year for him.

Old
08-25-2004, 08:45 AM
kazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak
Benoit just turned 25. He's an undrafted player who worked his way up from the ECHL. Basically a grinding, hard-nosed center who gets injured a lot. Put up big numbers in the Q and the ECHL, but his offense probably won't translate to the NHL-level. Good AHL player if healthy, but not a playmaking center. 10 goals would be a career year for him.
Hard-nosed? Not sure about that. At best he provides fodder for the baby Habs.

Closed Thread