HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

what if.........

Closed Thread

Old
08-24-2004, 05:24 PM
Bob Froese

vCash: 500
what if.........

the new york rangers signed young goalie yan danis the college prospect, b4 mtl grabbed him. nyr was interested in the kid. now if danis was signed, would montoya have been drafted? i assume no he would not have. now in all sense how do u guys think the draft would have gone down if we had danis didnt need montoya, what trades could have been made and who could we have wound up with maybe ladd ( which i was high on ) or even olesz or tukonen? who knows, what do u guys think?

Old
08-24-2004, 05:33 PM
barnaby63

This isnt even a question. The Rangers picked Montoya based on BPA. It wouldnt have changed even if we signed the other college kid.

Old
08-24-2004, 05:57 PM
slim399

I was thinking about the draft lastnight. IF i had to choose over again i would have gone after more fowards in the first round. i would have taken olesz with the 6th. Then made an offer to atlanta or to LA to pick tukonen. I wouldnt have minded making some kind of deal with edmonton for shremp. i dont think either of the deals would have cost us much. Probably rachunek and a 3rd to atlanta and dom moore lampman and 3rd to edmonton.

would u rather have
montoya
rachunek
dom moore
lampman and two thirds

or
olesz
tukonen
shremp

Old
08-24-2004, 06:02 PM
NYR469

if you watched blueshirt inside/out, they full explained exactly what would have happened if they didn't get montoya...they would have either taken korpikoski at #6 or traded down to take him a bit later

Old
08-24-2004, 06:02 PM
NYRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim399
I was thinking about the draft lastnight. IF i had to choose over again i would have gone after more fowards in the first round. i would have taken olesz with the 6th. Then made an offer to atlanta or to LA to pick tukonen. I wouldnt have minded making some kind of deal with edmonton for shremp. i dont think either of the deals would have cost us much. Probably rachunek and a 3rd to atlanta and dom moore lampman and 3rd to edmonton.

would u rather have
montoya
rachunek
dom moore
lampman and two thirds

or
olesz
tukonen
shremp

So Montoya/Olesz cancel out as 6th picks. So the other teams would trade Schremp and Tukonen for Rachuneck, Lampman and two thirds? Riiight, you have to be realistic and objective. If your thinkg the Rangers should have done this and thats why this draft was unsucessful then theres something wrong.

Old
08-24-2004, 06:05 PM
NYR469

Quote:

would u rather have
montoya
rachunek
dom moore
lampman and two thirds

or
olesz
tukonen
shremp
and why would the other teams make those deals?

Old
08-24-2004, 06:44 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:

would u rather have
montoya
rachunek
dom moore
lampman and two thirds

or
olesz
tukonen
shremp
you may have done this but the rangers may not have not to mention the other teams. i highly doubt atlanta or edmonton would make those horrible trades.

Last edited by Son of Steinbrenner: 08-24-2004 at 07:03 PM.
Old
08-24-2004, 08:04 PM
Synergy27

It didn't even seem as if Tukonen/Olesz/Schremp were even on the Rangers radar. I think alot of people on these boards are severely overrating alot of the kids taken in the first round this year. We have to keep in mind that even months before the draft the consensus was that the two Russians (and maybe Barker) were considered to be far and away the best players available and that the rest of the first round was pretty much a toss up, thats why we would have been so willing to trade down to come away with Korpikoski, whom the whole staff felt was as good as Olesz/Ladd/etc.

Old
08-24-2004, 08:12 PM
True Blue

Quote:
IThen made an offer to atlanta or to LA to pick tukonen. I wouldnt have minded making some kind of deal with edmonton for shremp. i dont think either of the deals would have cost us much. Probably rachunek and a 3rd to atlanta and dom moore lampman and 3rd to edmonton.
You're kidding, right? Rachunek & a 3rd rounder for Atlanta's 10th overall pick? Moore, Lampman, & a 3rd rounder for Edmonton's 1st rounder? There is no team in their right mind that would ever even consider either of those trades.

Old
08-24-2004, 11:13 PM
bmoak

The Rangers didn't even have those 3rd rounders to trade away in the first place! We ended with two 3rd rounders because Maloney traded down twice from #37. (Basically, the Rangers got Dubinsky, Bahensky, and Ryan for the #37 pick (Schantz).)

Closed Thread