HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Spezza family believes he is going to be a Leaf

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2011, 10:48 PM
Edgeworth*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
And then you add in Schenn or Kulemin. The full package is made up of one Platinum level player and 2 Silver level pieces.
I'm the authority on Platinum and Silver package structure around here.
Would you even want Schenn with Cowen? I'm assuming he's redundant (not that that's bad) with Cowen, Philips and Lee on the lineup. Kulemin I honestly wouldn't have that big of an issue trading.

Old
09-22-2011, 10:48 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Schenn + Kadri + 1st would be within the realm of possibility. Obviously TML fans are going to swarm in and say hell no, but the reality is that in order to move a #1C on such an offensively starved team, who's only 28 and has term on his contract, you're going to have to overpay.

Old
09-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
Doesn't make sense... if it were to happen it would have happened in the off-season before we signed Connolly and traded for Lombardi. Spezza is a good 70 point centre but he's soft and inconsistent... Connolly is fine for now. He's a 60 point centre when healthy, who is soft and inconsistent but he was free... so yeah it did make sense lol. Spezza isn't worth over paying for... you over pay for players like Eric Staal or Jonathan Toews that can actually take a team all the way... you don't overpay for players like Spezza... just my opinion. This would never happen
Spezza is every bit a player as Staal or Toews. But I'm sure you knew that!

Old
09-22-2011, 10:51 PM
The K Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
If Spezza did want out of Ottawa, follow the guidelines for the trade....

Platinum Package (Choose 1)
Luke Schenn
Nikolai Kulemin

Silver Package (Choose 2)
Frattin
Colborne
1st in 2012
Kadri
I understand this is what it would take, but if Burke wouldn't trade Schenn in a deal to get the 1st pick for JT, then there is no way he would trade him in a package for Spezza.

The thought of giving up Kulemin/Schenn, Kadri AND a 1st makes me want to puke.

Old
09-22-2011, 10:52 PM
FakeKidPoker*

Dave Hodge is such a dinosaur.

Another member of the horrible NHL on TSN family

Old
09-22-2011, 10:53 PM
Loose Sens
Drafting my Overalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Because his opinion doesn't matter. As a sports reporter/journalist his opinion is irrelevant, you're supposed to report the news not give your opinion. Who cares if he believes it or not, he posted it cause it's newsworthy.
It's twitter. WOW

Old
09-22-2011, 10:54 PM
The K Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
Except Spezza hasn't won a cup...and doesn't have a two way game like Staal or Toews... and doesn't play with the same intensity or heart that those two do every night.

I've always liked Spezza though, even though I despise his team.

Old
09-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimsauce View Post
I understand this is what it would take, but if Burke wouldn't trade Schenn in a deal to get the 1st pick for JT, then there is no way he would trade him in a package for Spezza.

Funny, because most Sens fans feel the same way about sending Spezza to Toronto.

Old
09-22-2011, 10:57 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
And then you add in Schenn or Kulemin. The full package is made up of one Platinum level player and 2 Silver level pieces.
I'm the authority on Platinum and Silver package structure around here.
Oh, no thank you then.

Old
09-22-2011, 10:58 PM
Edgeworth*

Quote:
But TOEWS HAS INTANGIBLES

Old
09-22-2011, 11:02 PM
DopeyFish

vCash: 737
as a leafs fan I'd offer 1st round picks, salary (komisarek or lupul) and prospects (off roster players), take the kessel gamble.

Leafs are gearing up for both a run to the playoffs and a deep playoff run if possible.

Adding spezza without losing anyone on roster would probably guarantee playoffs, and likely on the brink of contender, considering the depth they'd have on the main roster

Losing Kadri, or Gardiner will severely impact the leafs hope of becoming a championship calibre team.

The leafs are missing some other pieces but having a lot of Cs benefits

Really don't want to lose Kadri. Truly don't.

Old
09-22-2011, 11:03 PM
Sureves

Quote:

I agree: that package would never be offered. I don't mean to hate on my fellow Sens fans, and I've been getting some heat on the Sens board, but there's no way Burke offers that: no way at all.

Spezza, though a fantastic player don't get me wrong, hasn't been a PPG player in 3 years and has shown some injury history. He has improved his defensive game sure, but that's really not that much of an increase in his value...he's paid to produce points, not to be a two way player (not saying it doesn't increase his value a bit, but certainly not enough to explain his drop-off in points).

Further, IF this is true, it basically means Spezza has requested a trade to the Leafs. As some Sens fans have mentioned, Ottawa has marketed the hell of out of Spezza all last year, and we just put him as the centerpiece of our banner as Scotiabank.

If there is ANY talk of him leaving the Senators, it's because he wants out, which decreases his value.

It'll be Kadri+1st+something small in my opinion. That package sickens me and I'm not interested in it, but hey, I'm just trying to think about this rationally.

Old
09-22-2011, 11:04 PM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Except Spezza hasn't won a cup...and doesn't have a two way game like Staal or Toews... and doesn't play with the same intensity or heart that those two do every night.

I've always liked Spezza though, even though I despise his team.
I bolded the part that isn't true.

Spezza has a great two-way game. He backchecks now and uses his reach to break up plays in the neutral zone. He's our main PK weapon and does an excellent job a man down. When he returned and was put up the penalty kill it was one of the most effective in the league until the regular season ended. Spezza still isn't a physical play but he'll take hits to make plays. He plays with passion, probably not as much as Staal or Toews but I think he's got more natural talent and offensive skill. Before you mention leadership it's almost certain in my mind that Spezza will get the C when Alfie retires. He took on a much bigger leadership role now that the team has become so young and inexperienced.

Which is why this thread should not exist, it's nonsense. Spezza loves it here and wants to stay in Ottawa. He won't be traded, and if he is it certainly won't be to the Leafs.

Old
09-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Sureves

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeyFish View Post
as a leafs fan I'd offer 1st round picks, salary (komisarek or lupul) and prospects (off roster players), take the kessel gamble.

Leafs are gearing up for both a run to the playoffs and a deep playoff run if possible.

Adding spezza without losing anyone on roster would probably guarantee playoffs, and likely on the brink of contender, considering the depth they'd have on the main roster

Losing Kadri, or Gardiner will severely impact the leafs hope of becoming a championship calibre team.

The leafs are missing some other pieces but having a lot of Cs benefits

Really don't want to lose Kadri. Truly don't.
Frankly, if Spezza is going your way, Kadri is going our way, there's really no doubt about that at all.

That's as close to set-in-stone as possible in trade proposals.

Old
09-22-2011, 11:08 PM
The K Man

Quote:
I bolded the part that isn't true.

Spezza has a great two-way game. He backchecks now and uses his reach to break up plays in the neutral zone. He's our main PK weapon and does an excellent job a man down. When he returned and was put up the penalty kill it was one of the most effective in the league until the regular season ended. Spezza still isn't a physical play but he'll take hits to make plays. He plays with passion, probably not as much as Staal or Toews but I think he's got more natural talent and offensive skill. Before you mention leadership it's almost certain in my mind that Spezza will get the C when Alfie retires. He took on a much bigger leadership role now that the team has become so young and inexperienced.

Which is why this thread should not exist, it's nonsense. Spezza loves it here and wants to stay in Ottawa. He won't be traded, and if he is it certainly won't be to the Leafs.
Sorry should have said not as good of a two way game. But I personally don't think it's an argument he doesn't play as hard as those two, but definitely has more skill.

Don't want to turn this into a Spezza vs Staal vs Toews thread, just my opinion.

Old
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Land View Post
If voracek and 1st got carter, then it will be probably be around kadri+1st+D'amigo (good solid forward) or Colborne+Frattin (very good powerforward) +1st+Rynass (if lehner pans out, rated 8D, Btw)
Hope you realize that Ottawa and Toronto are one of the biggest rivals in any sport. Therefore the demand for Spezza becomes THAT much higher also take into consideration that they play in the same division and BAM you get a huge over payment.

I don't want to trade Spezza for anything. He is becoming a franchise player and will make Toronto legit in all areas. Huge overpayment needed.

Old
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Oh, no thank you then.
It's such an easy no

Old
09-22-2011, 11:10 PM
Sureves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Hope you realize that Ottawa and Toronto are one of the biggest rivals in any sport. Therefore the demand for Spezza becomes THAT much higher.
If Spezza requested a trade to Toronto? It most certainly doesn't.

Old
09-22-2011, 11:10 PM
HockeyFanSince86
The Team People Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Schenn + Kadri + 1st would be within the realm of possibility. Obviously TML fans are going to swarm in and say hell no, but the reality is that in order to move a #1C on such an offensively starved team, who's only 28 and has term on his contract, you're going to have to overpay.
I understand what you're getting at but, schenn won't be able to help your offense. He also just signed a contract for 5 years, so knowing Burke and how he wants his players/ ex players to respect him and his respect for there contracts and wishes, schenn won't happen.

Players that wouldn't happen

Gunnarsson
Bozak
Schenn
Liles
Franson
Connolly
Lombardi
Boyce
Rosehill

Can't remember who else signed this summer but,
These players because they just signed/Traded here.

Reimer - Our best goalie
Phaneuf - Just became captain

Other than that I think most are up for grabs. Thinking about the sens fans wanting scoring and needing to replace a center.

Grabovski + Kadri + 2012 1st + Conditional pick

If Grabovski resigns add a 3rd if not add a 2nd

Toronto would still need to make another trade to add cap space. Sen fans won't like this probably but, I don't see Burke dealing anyone just signed/ traded for. He has said that himself before.

Old
09-22-2011, 11:11 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Can you show me similar examples?

Old
09-22-2011, 11:11 PM
zeke
#freewilly

To OTT: TOR 1st '12, TOR 1st '13, TOR 2nd '12
To TOR: J.Spezza

Old
09-22-2011, 11:12 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
If Spezza requested a trade to Toronto? It most certainly doesn't.
Lmao, Spezza would never request a trade to Toronto. Nothing that he has ever done has proven that. Actually it's to the contrary, settling in Ottawa, accepting his role etc...

If these rumours are true it's more along the lines of, "He would ACCEPT a trade to Toronto" not demand one, lol.

Old
09-22-2011, 11:13 PM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
If Spezza did want out of Ottawa, follow the guidelines for the trade....

Platinum Package (Choose 1)
Luke Schenn
Nikolai Kulemin

Silver Package (Choose 2)
Frattin
Colborne
1st in 2012
Kadri
DONE, fax the papers please(you can have all of that)

Old
09-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
To OTT: TOR 1st '12, TOR 1st '13, TOR 2nd '12
To TOR: J.Spezza
Well since Spezza >>> Kessel (team need included) that's not enough, espcially since that package is worse than what fetched Kessel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSaiyanBeastmode View Post
DONE, fax the papers please.
A re-read is in order.

Old
09-22-2011, 11:14 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

lmao reading comprehension guys.

Closed Thread