HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

it's tv season. what's your favorite show?

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2011, 06:22 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

vCash: 50
If you haven't played The Stanley Parable please treat yourself. A 5 minute game with a huge amount of replay value, and is absolutely free.

I'm hooked.

Old
09-30-2011, 09:20 PM
Burgmania
PA Guy Of The Future

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Burgmania Send a message via MSN to Burgmania
Clock, PK & Nugget - please accept my dearest apologies. How have I not brought this fine gentleman up?

Everyone could use a little more Franck.

Old
10-01-2011, 03:39 AM
oldgoalie
Things looking up!

off to Oracle Open World...
a geek's paradise (I've been told...)

Old
10-01-2011, 04:56 AM
Upstater

Thrilled to be up right now with my youngest son after getting to bed around 130am.

Old
10-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoalie View Post
off to Oracle Open World...
a geek's paradise (I've been told...)
Have fun and safe travel in San Fran, OG - gorgeous city. I am jealous.

Old
10-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Just back from the Boy's second of three hockey practices this weekend. He's thrilled that his practice team won the relay race that was their "game" for the morning.

10-01-2011, 10:43 AM
TehDoak
I Like Eich

vCash: 903
Productive morning. Fixed the plastic shielding that has been dragging under the camry for months now (no more getting stares at stop lights cause of the nice dragging sound!)

Swapped the tire and cassette from my old rear wheel on my bike to a new one. Now I can ride to work again. After doing some math on the cost saving versus riding the train in the morning, I am considering becoming one of those 'crazies' who commutes by bike even when the temperature drops below 30.

Now, off to three floyds brewpub in indiana for a brewery tour and a delicious lunch with beer from one of my favorite breweries with two of my coworkers.

Old
10-01-2011, 05:00 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Ran a few errands today. Picked up a new (free) hot water tank from Sears. Old one is starting to slowly drip (failed) 4 years into a 6 year warranty. Sears backed up the warranty instead of trying to weasel out of it and offered a brand new replacement.... Nice

Replaced 2 hallway lights, turned off breakers, afterwards i realized the 2 breakers were also to my surround sound receiver, TV, cable box, PS3, Modem, wireless router, computer, Wireless printer. Needless to say I was not looking forward to hours of settings I would have to do again to get everything back to normal.
I finished the lights in about 20 minutes. Flipped the breakers back on. Tested out all the electronics to see how bad things got wiped out. I was surprised to find nothing and I mean nothing was wiped out.
Such a good feeling to know some things have a memory of settings. Now I can keep enjoying the weekend.

Old
10-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Tanks4daMemories
good 2b a tankster

The Cure is playing Their first three albums live in New York City. I haven't been this excited about a show since the Pogues reunion with Shane Macgowan......

Old
10-01-2011, 05:54 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

90 minutes left if any of you want to buy the copy of Final Fantasy one that I'm selling. Game + guide + manual. Currently at 10.50.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=110749202371

Old
10-01-2011, 06:55 PM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

Is she: (a) lazy; (b) ignorant; (c) un-patriotic; (d) all of the above

So I'm a little baffled. Actually, I'm a little pissed.

I picked Stewie up today. In addition to the progeny exchange, Lois had gone through the coat closet in the old house (my/our former house, which remains her current house), and gave me the US flag.

Now, she almost certainly knows I have a flag at my current house, because it hangs into my driveway right where she pulls her car up, to the point her car almost hits the end drape of the flag.

I fly it on the usual federal holidays (occasionally forget, or will refrain if it's raining), and also many other good-weather days. In fact, so do many other homes in my current neighborhood, my former neighborhood, and most neighborhoods in our city, state, and country, as I'm sure you agree.

So the dialog:
<b_g> I have a flag.
<Lois> But I don't think I'll use it.
<b_g> You'll never fly the flag?
<Lois> Probably not.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Old
10-01-2011, 07:31 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post

I picked Stewie up today. In addition to the progeny exchange, Lois had gone through the coat closet in the old house (my/our former house, which remains her current house), and gave me the US flag.

Now, she almost certainly knows I have a flag at my current house, because it hangs into my driveway right where she pulls her car up, to the point her car almost hits the end drape of the flag.

I fly it on the usual federal holidays (occasionally forget, or will refrain if it's raining), and also many other good-weather days. In fact, so do many other homes in my current neighborhood, my former neighborhood, and most neighborhoods in our city, state, and country, as I'm sure you agree.

So the dialog:
<b_g> I have a flag.
<Lois> Probably not.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
I wouldn't either, fwiw.

The only time I'd use it would be for Eddie Izzard referencing.

Old
10-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

in our crock pot: meatballs in spicy honey bbq sauce. put those in our fresh sub rolls with mozzarella slices, and we have our tasty sunday meal.

ps: and mayer brothers apple cider. yup.

Old
10-02-2011, 12:54 PM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
in our crock pot: meatballs in spicy honey bbq sauce. put those in our fresh sub rolls with mozzarella slices, and we have our tasty sunday meal.

ps: and mayer brothers apple cider. yup.
Ha! Fridge pretty empty, so eating what's left in there before grocery shopping later. Mac and cheese with a hot dog sliced in it, with spicy honey barbecue sauce.
Lemonade.

Old
10-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

I'm calling a 15 yard penalty on the thread owner for title repetition.

Due date or no due date titles must remain "fresh" and not "recycled".

PK as often as you are a thread owner I expect better out of you.

RE: thread title: Nothing. Eating at my parent's. They are having us over for dinner for our birthdays since they are out of town next weekend.

Old
10-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

STEELERS!!! WOOOOO!!!!

I made pot roast. It made my taste buds crap rainbows.

Old
10-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
I'm calling a 15 yard penalty on the thread owner for title repetition.

Due date or no due date titles must remain "fresh" and not "recycled".

PK as often as you are a thread owner I expect better out of you.

RE: thread title: Nothing. Eating at my parent's. They are having us over for dinner for our birthdays since they are out of town next weekend.
fixed.

Old
10-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
fixed.
I can feel the power flowing throw my veins

Old
10-02-2011, 03:04 PM
Megaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post

So the dialog:
<b_g> I have a flag.
<Lois> Probably not.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
Eh, I'd go with "none of the above," actually. I don't really see any situation in which I would choose to fly the flag and unless someone has made a recent change, no one in my family a) has a flagpole or b) is in the habit of flying the flag. And that doesn't mean that we're lazy, ignorant, or unpatriotic. We just don't choose to announce our non-laziness, non-ignorance, or patriotism by way of flying a flag.

Actually, I find the suggestion that not flying the flag is some kind of character flaw downright silly. There are plenty of ways that a person can express patriotism other than flying the flag. They can attend patriotic celebrations or give to charities or, hey, participate in their government via voting. In many countries it's very unusual for individual citizens to fly the flag. That doesn't mean those citizens are unpatriotic. It just means that different people express themselves in different ways.

And while I do agree that many people around the country choose to fly the flag on certain days, a great many people also choose not to do this. The notion that the latter group are a lazy, ignorant, or unpatriotic bunch is just wrong in my opinion (although I'm sure that some are, I'm also confident that many are not).

Last edited by Megaera: 10-02-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old
10-03-2011, 08:13 AM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

So I went in to last nights game thinking I had no shot in heck in winning my fantasy game but thanks to the way the Ravens D played and getting me points for turnovers and touchdowns and LT doing NOTHING I won.

Old
10-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Clock

It's definitely Fall out there, eh?

Picked up a gallon of Mayer Bros over the weekend. Added rum and a little bit of cinnamon. <3 <3 <3

Old
10-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

just paid my annual $12 to get that little star by my name again.

i can't believe i've been on this site for four years!

Old
10-03-2011, 09:07 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

I remember when you started, PK. Clock, too. And now you're all blown up and ****.

I lurked here for 6 months before joining, and before that I read the ESPN and Sabres official boards. Lot of people from those are here. I feel like I've known some of you for 10 years. I feel old.

Old
10-03-2011, 10:42 AM
AV18

Send a message via AIM to AV18
Quote:
Originally Posted by iciclesonapapershelf View Post
I remember when you started, PK. Clock, too. And now you're all blown up and ****.

I lurked here for 6 months before joining, and before that I read the ESPN and Sabres official boards. Lot of people from those are here. I feel like I've known some of you for 10 years. I feel old.
I remember when she started too - suddenly those glitter skates started popping up everywhere, haha.

I actually found this site randomly when googling Joe Thornton while I was at work one day. I think it took a couple years before I started posting with some regularity. And now it's been 7 years. Weird.

Old
10-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
I haven't been here since THE beginning, but I've seen the invoice for the delivery of the first bag of dirt.

Closed Thread