HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

it's tv season. what's your favorite show?

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2011, 07:35 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
My son is going as the SAME THING again this year. Third year running as Darth Vader. Really son? Really??

10-31-2011, 07:41 AM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
My son is going as the SAME THING again this year. Third year running as Darth Vader. Really son? Really??
Can't say I blame him, it is a pretty awesome costume.

Old
10-31-2011, 08:01 AM
Afino
The Juice

Quote:
Is he going up to Volkswagens and trying to start them?

Old
10-31-2011, 08:06 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZackKassian View Post
Is he going up to Volkswagens and trying to start them?
When that ad came out, we pointed it out to him. I got a "Not funny Dad" response.

Old
10-31-2011, 08:16 AM
Clock

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Can't say I blame him, it is a pretty awesome costume.
lol'd. Well done.

Back to work today. Suddenly it's freezing outside.

Old
10-31-2011, 06:51 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Almost twelve hours with no posts. I'm ashamed of myself.

Old
10-31-2011, 06:58 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
Almost twelve hours with no posts. I'm ashamed of myself.
Yep, it's your thread, ergo your fault.

Old
10-31-2011, 07:15 PM
Clock

I had something interesting to say today too, but I couldn't do it because I had the last post.

Old
10-31-2011, 07:28 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
I had something interesting to say today too, but I couldn't do it because I had the last post.
I always thought the unwritten rule was if there is a reasonable gap between posts two posts in a row was ok?

Old
10-31-2011, 07:42 PM
Sean McG
Grigorenkensons

Didn't want to make a new thread for this, figured I'd ask here... does anyone know where I could get a Luke Adam jersey t-shirt? I wanted to get my Mom one for Christmas, but I'm not having much luck. On NHL.com, for whatever reason it won't let you customize for a roster player, so I can't really do that. I also live in Toronto, which makes any local Buffalo shop not really an option- unless they could ship it to me.

Any help would be great.

Last edited by Sean McG: 10-31-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old
10-31-2011, 09:08 PM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

Never stopped me

Quote:
Neither the double post apprehension, nor the lack of something interesting to say...

Stand tall, Clock!!!

Old
10-31-2011, 11:23 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

B&N is releasing a new Nook on the 7th in response to Kindle Fire. We get the models in a day or two.

Can't wait to see it as not even the employees were told what it is yet.

Old
11-01-2011, 09:10 AM
Clock

A fork is a cold shiny tool to pierce, tear, and ingest.

Old
11-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTagonTough View Post
B&N is releasing a new Nook on the 7th in response to Kindle Fire. We get the models in a day or two.

Can't wait to see it as not even the employees were told what it is yet.
Did B&N take over your location or something?

Old
11-01-2011, 09:18 AM
slip

Woke up only to find my 3 year old daughter downstairs surrounded by several chocolate, candy and cookie wrappers. Really Sophia? Eating junk at 7 am?

Into the garbage it all goes (minus a few candy packages for my son when he gets home from school).

Old
11-01-2011, 09:19 AM
TehDoak
I Like Eich

vCash: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
Woke up only to find my 3 year old daughter downstairs surrounded by several chocolate, candy and cookie wrappers. Really Sophia? Eating junk at 7 am?

Into the garbage it all goes (minus a few candy packages for my son when he gets home from school).
I had a bag of skittles this morning before breakfast.

PLEASE SIR DON'T THROW OUT MY SWEETS

Old
11-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post

Wow. We had very light participation last night, with the misting rain and general briskness of the evening, it kept a lot of people away. My son and I went farther around the neighborhood than he's ever gone before -- about six blocks -- and some of what he got went back into the distribution bin and what they both like went into the cookie jar atop the fridge. Six months or so of bite-sized kid snacks.

Old
11-01-2011, 09:43 AM
Clock

TV thoughts:

- Finished Breaking Bad. All caught up now. Excellent show, very highly recommended. Over the past year, we've caught up on a few highly-acclaimed shows like 30 Rock and Mad Men. Breaking Bad is my favorite. The hype was legit.

- The Simpsons should be canceled. Apparently it's really close to happening.

- Started American Horror Story last night. Interesting so far, though we've only watched two episodes. I'm a bit turned off by the fact that this is written by the same guy who does Glee, which probably has the worst / most inconsistent plotlines I've ever seen, but this one looks to be different. Pretty racy show.

- I absolutely love me some zombies, have since I watched "Night of the Living Dead" on the 'ol Offbeat Cinema, so I was quite excited to see The Walking Dead start up again. Alas, it's been pretty damn slow. Almost a grind. It needs to pick up... soon.

- Monster in Laws: was amusing for roughly five minutes.

- The Office: I fear the decline is continuing. I miss Michael Scott. There's been a good episode or two this season, but I find myself being pleasantly surprised if there are LOL moments as opposed to expecting them.

Old
11-01-2011, 10:01 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
- I absolutely love me some zombies, have since I watched "Night of the Living Dead" on the 'ol Offbeat Cinema, so I was quite excited to see The Walking Dead start up again. Alas, it's been pretty damn slow. Almost a grind. It needs to pick up... soon.

Isn't a slow grind what can be expected of zombies?

I'm actually about to start watching the walking dead. I have heard so many good things about that show. Looking forward to it, as I am a huge zombie fan.

Old
11-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
TV thoughts:

- Finished Breaking Bad. All caught up now. Excellent show, very highly recommended. Over the past year, we've caught up on a few highly-acclaimed shows like 30 Rock and Mad Men. Breaking Bad is my favorite. The hype was legit.

- The Simpsons should be canceled. Apparently it's really close to happening.

- Started American Horror Story last night. Interesting so far, though we've only watched two episodes. I'm a bit turned off by the fact that this is written by the same guy who does Glee, which probably has the worst / most inconsistent plotlines I've ever seen, but this one looks to be different. Pretty racy show.

- Monster in Laws: was amusing for roughly five minutes.

- The Office: I fear the decline is continuing. I miss Michael Scott. There's been a good episode or two this season, but I find myself being pleasantly surprised if there are LOL moments as opposed to expecting them.
Of those, only "Breaking Bad" is one that I've watched almost in its entirety.

And as HiL mentioned, it's about zombies... shouldn't it be slow? As an aside, in college we came up with the Pepe Le Pew Corollary as it applies to horror movies -- it doesn't matter how fast the chased victim, a slow and steady paced pursuer will inevitably catch the victim.

Old
11-01-2011, 10:31 AM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
Isn't a slow grind what can be expected of zombies?
Well. The ZOMBIES should, of course. I don't believe in that whole fast-zombie BS. The storyline is just really slow right now. I've found the one glaring weakness of the show so far is that I'm not a big fan of any of the characters yet, so when the plot relies on caring for one of them it putters a bit. It isn't horrible or anything, just needs to move past the current plot point.

Quote:
Of those, only "Breaking Bad" is one that I've watched almost in its entirety.
You chose well. "Mad Men" was quite good as well, though in the case of PK and myself, it required a few episodes to really get invested.

Old
11-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Well. The ZOMBIES should, of course. I don't believe in that whole fast-zombie BS. The storyline is just really slow right now. I've found the one glaring weakness of the show so far is that I'm not a big fan of any of the characters yet, so when the plot relies on caring for one of them it putters a bit. It isn't horrible or anything, just needs to move past the current plot point.

You chose well. "Mad Men" was quite good as well, though in the case of PK and myself, it required a few episodes to really get invested.
Some of it is timing -- for some reason, I had time on Sundays to catch the replay of BB regularly from the start. Similar situation happened with me and "Sons of Anarchy" although I do have at least two episodes on the DVR to catch up on.

Edit: And if you and Peek have not seen "The Road"... don't. Not now.

Old
11-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Clock

Quote:
Some of it is timing -- for some reason, I had time on Sundays to catch the replay of BB regularly from the start. Similar situation happened with me and "Sons of Anarchy" although I do have at least two episodes on the DVR to catch up on.

Edit: And if you and Peek have not seen "The Road"... don't. Not now.
Viggo Mortensen (sp?)? Too late.

Old
11-01-2011, 10:52 AM
OpethianSabre20

Quote:
TV thoughts:

Quote:
I've actually liked them a lot. Sure, the story may be moving a bit slow,
Spoil:
IIRC, Sophia lives through the whole comic book series. I just want them to find her, so we can get to "The Governor" saga.
but the first three episodes of this season are way better than any episode of season 1, except for the pilot IMO.

I do agree that there are plenty of characters in this TV adaptation that are uninteresting so far though. Daryl, Dale, Rick and Shane are the only ones that I like so far. The rest are bland and/or just flat-out annoying, especially Carol.

Old
11-01-2011, 11:36 AM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Did B&N take over your location or something?
When Borders officially went out of business nationwide I applied to B&N, since I already had the training.

Closed Thread