HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

it's tv season. what's your favorite show?

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2011, 09:23 PM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Zamboni View Post
So I was at the Sabres game Saturday (no this isn't really about hockey) a lady was sitting in the row in front of me with her 5 yr.old son.
The national anthems start. First the canadian anthem. She doesn't remove her baseball hat, and her son does. I thought "ok maybe she only removes it for the American anthem". American anthem starts and she keeps her hat on. I was going to lean forward and gently remind her to remove her hat, but didn't. Mainly due to the fact that if she refused I would of pulled it off her head and said a few words about respecting our nations anthem blah blah. That would in turn been a possible traumatic event for her 5 yr. old.
I think I did the right thing. But wow I was pissed. I have this silly little quirk about removing hats, facing the flag (not jumbotron) to respect our national anthem. And find it insulting when people don't at least remove the hat. No one cares if your bald or have hat head, or a bad hair day. REMOVE THAT HAT!

What would you have done?
After the anthems, audibly commend the 5yo for removing his hat.

As previously posted, strictly speaking, US Code does not require women to remove their hats.

Old
09-26-2011, 09:32 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post

As previously posted, strictly speaking, US Code does not require women to remove their hats.
Yea I thought about doing that too, but didn't.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:51 PM
vcv
Deal with it

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
So I was at the Sabres game Saturday (no this isn't really about hockey) a lady was sitting in the row in front of me with her 5 yr.old son.
The national anthems start. First the canadian anthem. She doesn't remove her baseball hat, and her son does. I thought "ok maybe she only removes it for the American anthem". American anthem starts and she keeps her hat on. I was going to lean forward and gently remind her to remove her hat, but didn't. Mainly due to the fact that if she refused I would of pulled it off her head and said a few words about respecting our nations anthem blah blah. That would in turn been a possible traumatic event for her 5 yr. old.
I think I did the right thing. But wow I was pissed. I have this silly little quirk about removing hats, facing the flag (not jumbotron) to respect our national anthem. And find it insulting when people don't at least remove the hat. No one cares if your bald or have hat head, or a bad hair day. REMOVE THAT HAT!

Not concern myself with something trivial that does harm to no one, especially when it is someone elses business and not mine. That's how I try to frame my thoughts on other people's actions or words if I don't agree with it or I simply lack the context to make an informed thought about it.

Old
09-27-2011, 06:25 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Speaking of your friends, how has your creepy friend who studies my eating habits been, PK?

Old
09-27-2011, 07:36 AM
gaf
Occupied Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
He isn't, but given his personality, I think it'd make things a lot easier for him if he were.

It's almost sad to see how "harmless" he is around women. It's too bad, because he's a very good friend of mine and I wish him happiness and I suspect he gets quite lonely at times.

He went on a date with a gal once who seemed to have the same interests, was cute, yadda yadda. The date went from something like 8pm to 3am. He texted her the next morning at 9am, when she told him that she had a GREAT time, but there was no "spark."

Friend zone... it's a depressing black hole of a place.
Wait.. you and your friends use the term "friend zone" and you're sure he's not gay?

Quote:

what LDS said below

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Technically only men are supposed to remove their hats, women don't have to. That's why they always say "please rise and gentlemen remove your hats" with no mention of ladies. Most women do anyways, either due to ignorance of the actual rule or to be respectful.
There was a day when women actually wore fancy hats that were a small part of the larger ensamble- I have no prob when women who dress up like that do not remove their hats. Its the ones in a baseball cap that dont remove them. If I'm Miss Manners, I say its not ok if its a baseball hat- but whatever..

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post

Thats a great approach- wish I thought of it..

Old
09-27-2011, 07:51 AM
Clock

The thing that REALLY gets to me is people who sit on the edge of their seats and lean forward, obstructing your view. The only thing worse is the guy who jumps out of his seat when something exciting starts to happen.

Old
09-27-2011, 07:57 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
The thing that REALLY gets to me is people who sit on the edge of their seats and lean forward, obstructing your view. The only thing worse is the guy who jumps out of his seat when something exciting starts to happen.
Or how about the 8 year old behind us who tries to give the play by play? You can't say anything because you have to applaud his interest in the game, but after sixty minutes of hearing "VANEK PASSES TO ROY WHO PASSES TO ENNIS WHO PASSES BACK TO VANEK WHO SKATES OVER TO ROY" screamed into your ear, you start to wonder if you really do want kids.

Old
09-27-2011, 08:33 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Quote:
This makes Bills games annoying sometimes.

OH HEY ITS 2nd DOWN FOR THE OTHER TEAM ON THEIR OWN 20 IN THE 1st QUARTER, LETS ALL STAND UP.

Old
09-27-2011, 08:42 AM
TehDoak
I Like Eich

vCash: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
Or how about the 8 year old behind us who tries to give the play by play? You can't say anything because you have to applaud his interest in the game, but after sixty minutes of hearing "VANEK PASSES TO ROY WHO PASSES TO ENNIS WHO PASSES BACK TO VANEK WHO SKATES OVER TO ROY" screamed into your ear, you start to wonder if you really do want kids.
You sure that wasn't burg?

Old
09-27-2011, 09:46 AM
TehDoak
I Like Eich

vCash: 903
Quote:
He isn't, but given his personality, I think it'd make things a lot easier for him if he were.

It's almost sad to see how "harmless" he is around women. It's too bad, because he's a very good friend of mine and I wish him happiness and I suspect he gets quite lonely at times.

He went on a date with a gal once who seemed to have the same interests, was cute, yadda yadda. The date went from something like 8pm to 3am. He texted her the next morning at 9am, when she told him that she had a GREAT time, but there was no "spark."

As a guy who used to be exactly like this (complaining about not having a GF, never did anything about it), the truth is, he doesn't want to have a lady friend. Back in 07-ish I started dating a girl. We really liked each other, after a month I freaked out and ended it. I could never get comfortable. Looking back at it, I wasn't ready and didn't really want it in my life at the time.

Old
09-27-2011, 10:18 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Those little punks at W-North are now taunting Jamey Rodemeyer's sister are school dances.

I'm not a violent person, but I'd love to spend a few days at school putting fear of God into these arrogant little jerks.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/446849...f3cb5c.twitter

Old
09-27-2011, 10:33 AM
OpethianSabre20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Those little punks at W-North are now taunting Jamey Rodemeyer's sister are school dances.

I'm not a violent person, but I'd love to spend a few days at school putting fear of God into these arrogant little jerks.

So when are the teachers and especially the parents going to step up and do something about this?

The parents must either not give a flying **** about what their kids are doing or they must be similar to Eric Cartman's mother.

Old
09-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:

Oh man. Step up community. Get on these little ****ing ******** and teach them a ****ing lesson.

09-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Burgmania
PA Guy Of The Future

Send a message via AIM to Burgmania Send a message via MSN to Burgmania
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
You sure that wasn't burg?
Nope, not me.

However, in reference to today's thread title, I can say with absolute certainty that I do not reside in the 'friend zone'.

Old
09-27-2011, 11:19 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Oh man. Step up community. Get on these little ****ing ******** and teach them a ****ing lesson.
I'm kinda glad you responded like this. I was a little worried that my feelings were a little too strong.

Old
09-27-2011, 11:25 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Got stuck in the friend zone in undergrad...then she started going out with this real loser.

Moral of the story: Don't stick me in the friend zone, it will come back to haunt you.

Old
09-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Brass Bancroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by volatile View Post
This makes Bills games annoying sometimes.

OH HEY ITS 2nd DOWN FOR THE OTHER TEAM ON THEIR OWN 20 IN THE 1st QUARTER, LETS ALL STAND UP.
When I went to the home opener, I stood nearly the entire game (not by choice). The only time I sat down was during a tv timeout.

Old
09-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Zman5778

Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
So.....what's it mean if you're married and in the friend zone????

Old
09-27-2011, 11:29 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman5778 View Post
So.....what's it mean if you're married and in the friend zone????
No sex?

Old
Brass Bancroft

Quote:

Or how bout the people who sit in the first row and lean forward?

Old
vcv
Deal with it

Quote:
I'm kinda glad you responded like this. I was a little worried that my feelings were a little too strong.
There are few responses too strong for those ********.

Wishing someone death, then cheering on when they do die is on another level from bullying.

Old
Clock

Quote:
I wouldn't be. The man is psychotic.

Old
09-27-2011, 11:40 AM
sabresfan129103
So it begins...

Quote:

There are 2 things I don't understand.

1. How do these kids keep getting away with this? Has no one turned them into teachers or some kind of school official.

2. What the hell has happened to kids today. I only graduated from high school 11 years ago and nothing even close to this went on. I mean there were kids who were picked on, but it's not like this. Usually if something like this went on for an extended period of time the bullies were eventually ratted out.

Old
09-27-2011, 11:43 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Old
09-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Brass Bancroft

Quote:

Take him to the "ballet" and show him what he's missing out on.

Closed Thread