HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

it's tv season. what's your favorite show?

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2011, 11:53 AM
Clock

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbtide198 View Post
Take him to the "ballet" and show him what he's missing out on.
Venereal diseases?

Old
09-27-2011, 12:17 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Those little punks at W-North are now taunting Jamey Rodemeyer's sister are school dances.

I'm not a violent person, but I'd love to spend a few days at school putting fear of God into these arrogant little jerks.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/446849...f3cb5c.twitter
These parents should be ashamed of this. Publish their names in the paper, let the whole town know which little ****ers are responsible for this.

At what point do they step up and just beat these kids behind a woodshed?

Old
09-27-2011, 12:48 PM
joshjull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTagonTough View Post
These parents should be ashamed of this. Publish their names in the paper, let the whole town know which little ****ers are responsible for this.

At what point do they step up and just beat these kids behind a woodshed?
Or more ominously at what point does this stuff lead to a kid bringing a gun to school to even the odds?

Old
09-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Or more ominously at what point does this stuff lead to a kid bringing a gun to school to even the odds?
It's happened. That was part of the causes with Columbine and likely other violent outbursts in schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Got stuck in the friend zone in undergrad...then she started going out with this real loser.

Moral of the story: Don't stick me in the friend zone, it will come back to haunt you.
So you didn't stick her in the friend zone? Ba-dum-ching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volatile View Post
There are few responses too strong for those ********.

Wishing someone death, then cheering on when they do die is on another level from bullying.
Agreed. And to continue this idiocy afterwards? Are they and their parents so devoid of common decency and objectivity, let alone any sort of moral fibre as to feel remorse and at least apologize? That's what this looks like: complete moral bankruptcy. I'm ashamed for my community. Ashamed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
I wouldn't be. The man is psychotic.
No need for the sarcasm smilie. Certain things make me angry. And this? This is one of those buttons.

09-27-2011, 01:52 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

We had a kid in high school(1996, pre-Columbine), bring a sawed off shotgun into school because he was sick of some kids messing with him. He didn't have the nerve to actually use it, but it was actually in his locker for WEEKS until someone saw it.

Some of our teachers back then were great about stopping crap before it started, but others were totally complicit.

Old
09-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Clock

Chef's takeout tonight... awh yeah.

Old
09-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
We had a kid in high school(1996, pre-Columbine), bring a sawed off shotgun into school because he was sick of some kids messing with him. He didn't have the nerve to actually use it, but it was actually in his locker for WEEKS until someone saw it.

Some of our teachers back then were great about stopping crap before it started, but others were totally complicit.
I had the experience of interceding in a bullying incident between a clique of sophomore and junior aged HS students and some 7th and 8th graders. I was a junior at the time and found school faculty did nothing to curb the behavior towards the youngsters (or to me) so I wound up taking matters into my own hands (or literally, my fists).

Old
09-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I had the experience of interceding in a bullying incident between a clique of sophomore and junior aged HS students and some 7th and 8th graders. I was a junior at the time and found school faculty did nothing to curb the behavior towards the youngsters (or to me) so I wound up taking matters into my own hands (or literally, my fists).
Anton LaVey actually said it best for this particular scenario - "If a man smite thee on one cheek, smash him on the other!"

Old
09-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
Anton LaVey actually said it best for this particular scenario - "If a man smite thee on one cheek, smash him on the other!"
If this was now, I'd have been lead off in 'cuffs, I'm sure, even though I thought at the time there was no other response but to call them out and challenge them to a fight. Instead, 2 weeks of detention and the "we'll be watching you!" from the establishment.

Old
09-27-2011, 02:31 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
I had a similar experience at a younger age, in middle school. In 8th grade, I started catching a lot of heat because I was on the swim team (I didn't play on any of the school sanctioned hockey teams.), and admittedly a pretty dorky kid.

Bunch of the wrestlers and basketball players started mouthing off, and I took it for quite a while. Right in full view of teachers most times. Eventually I had enough and mouthed off back to them. Most of them knocked it off then, but one guy got really ticked. He tried jumping me in gym that day, but I got away from him. Later on he caught me in the hallway, and I proceeded to beat the living snot out of him. Not something I like to do, but I surely will defend myself vigorously.

All could have been stopped by a teacher stepping in and telling them to knock it off a few times.

Old
09-27-2011, 02:39 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

When it comes to issues that bother someone, Everyone has certain "hot button" issues. I don't think someone should say a hot button issue is "trivial" or "no big deal". What someone finds important, others don't. Just look at politics.
Bullying is not acceptable under any circumstances. But others may give an example where they feel it is acceptable

I would like those bullies to be expelled from the Williamville school district, but I doubt that will happen.

Old
09-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
I had a similar experience at a younger age, in middle school. In 8th grade, I started catching a lot of heat because I was on the swim team (I didn't play on any of the school sanctioned hockey teams.), and admittedly a pretty dorky kid.

Bunch of the wrestlers and basketball players started mouthing off, and I took it for quite a while. Right in full view of teachers most times. Eventually I had enough and mouthed off back to them. Most of them knocked it off then, but one guy got really ticked. He tried jumping me in gym that day, but I got away from him. Later on he caught me in the hallway, and I proceeded to beat the living snot out of him. Not something I like to do, but I surely will defend myself vigorously.

All could have been stopped by a teacher stepping in and telling them to knock it off a few times.
Yeah, similar thing. Granted, I told their group to "Sort yourselves out, whoever is the last one on the bus is catching hell" mostly because their ringleader was typically the last one on. Heh. He ditched early, deciding to walk from an alternate drop-off point, rather than face me. One of his underlings took the smack-down.

It didn't end there, we had a couple more confrontations, including the ringleader getting mouthy the next day and then getting bodychecked into the lockers by me. I don't know if anyone from the faculty did anything prior to the fights, even though there were complaints lodged, including by my parents.

During the "mediation" with the kid from the bus, his parents, me and my parents, my father basically let it be known that he backed what I did in light of the kid, the school and the other parents not taking any responsible action to curb the behavior. And that if it happened again, he expected I would handle it in the same way.

Old
09-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Zamboni View Post
When it comes to issues that bother someone, Everyone has certain "hot button" issues. I don't think someone should say a hot button issue is "trivial" or "no big deal". What someone finds important, others don't. Just look at politics.
Bullying is not acceptable under any circumstances. But others may give an example where they feel it is acceptable

I would like those bullies to be expelled from the Williamville school district, but I doubt that will happen.
I'd like to see them charged with a hate crime and have to deal with the world of that (incarceration and being charged showing on their permanent record for the rest of their days)

Last edited by Chainshot: 09-27-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: typo
Old
09-27-2011, 02:49 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
I'd like to see them charged with a hate crime and have to deal with the world of that (incareration and being charged showing on their permanent record for the rest of their days)
Yea that would work for me too

Old
09-27-2011, 02:49 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
I'd like to see them charged with a hate crime and have to deal with the world of that (incareration and being charged showing on their permanent record for the rest of their days)
Is it wrong that at a quick read I thought that said incineration?

Old
09-27-2011, 03:26 PM
gaf
Occupied Territory

Quote:

I'm not going to defent teachers as a group. And I recall tons of teachers turning the other cheek so they didnt have to get involved, or some even encouraging bullying. But when I was a substitute teacher I broke up a fight between two students and the kid that was getting his butt kicked threatened to have his parents sue me for touching him (I physically seperated the two and pulled the kid that was getting pummeled away from the assailant).. Really- sue me? lol.. A simple thank you would have been more than enough.

Old
09-27-2011, 03:33 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Anyone go to Five Guys yet? Was thinking about heading there after work for dinner. (Although if I'm on Transit I might as well go to Grovers.....!)

Old
09-27-2011, 03:42 PM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaf View Post
I'm not going to defent teachers as a group. And I recall tons of teachers turning the other cheek so they didnt have to get involved, or some even encouraging bullying. But when I was a substitute teacher I broke up a fight between two students and the kid that was getting his butt kicked threatened to have his parents sue me for touching him (I physically seperated the two and pulled the kid that was getting pummeled away from the assailant).. Really- sue me? lol.. A simple thank you would have been more than enough.
Really??? I would have pushed him back to the guy who was beating his ass...

Old
09-27-2011, 03:53 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Anyone go to Five Guys yet? Was thinking about heading there after work for dinner. (Although if I'm on Transit I might as well go to Grovers.....!)
Went there at 8:45pm last night. Left with my food at 9:30.

Old
09-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Megaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
2. What the hell has happened to kids today. I only graduated from high school 11 years ago and nothing even close to this went on. I mean there were kids who were picked on, but it's not like this. Usually if something like this went on for an extended period of time the bullies were eventually ratted out.
The internet and all the social networking/commenting sites make it so much easier for people to bully each other anonymously. I mean, yes, clearly the bullying in question was taking place at school as well, but a lot of the horrible things we're hearing about were posted on the internet. It's like a license to be horrible. "Oh look, you can say terrible things to people and there won't be any consequences." Both are unacceptable and obviously in this case neither were curbed appropriately, but I feel like the whole online thing makes it so much harder to police. How can you even defend yourself from people who bully you under fake names?

Old
09-27-2011, 03:58 PM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

Had my first Steak and Shake this past weekend. Priced well, good flavor, filling.

I find Five Guys fries delicious, but greasy, so I force myself to go easy on them (split an order with someone else, or just have a couple "to taste").

Old
09-27-2011, 04:02 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by volatile View Post
Went there at 8:45pm last night. Left with my food at 9:30.
That's not terrible. I might give it a shot.

Thanks.

Old
09-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Tonight's menu: homemade pulled pork made in the crockpot and homemade coleslaw. Oh. Hell. Yes.

Old
09-27-2011, 05:21 PM
TehDoak
I Like Eich

vCash: 903
Left over night here. Probably sloppy joes and some http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/26/50443 which i just picked up.

Awwww yeah

Old
09-27-2011, 05:49 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaera View Post
The internet and all the social networking/commenting sites make it so much easier for people to bully each other anonymously. I mean, yes, clearly the bullying in question was taking place at school as well, but a lot of the horrible things we're hearing about were posted on the internet. It's like a license to be horrible. "Oh look, you can say terrible things to people and there won't be any consequences." Both are unacceptable and obviously in this case neither were curbed appropriately, but I feel like the whole online thing makes it so much harder to police. How can you even defend yourself from people who bully you under fake names?
I think, and I'm speaking generally here, not directed at the parents of the kid, that parents need to take a stronger role in moderating their kids internet usage and making sure not only their kids aren't bullying people, but that they aren't receiving bullying, and if they are, teach the kid how to deal with it. If it's anonymous, it's worthless--if they don't have the guts to put their name behind it, then why should you care about them? And if it's not, decide whether it is something that needs action or if it is something that the kid can deal with himself.

I don't think we can ever get rid of bullying. Hell, I'm sure that I have bullied kids in school as well (perhaps not something major like "I hope you die" or anything, but just simple things--excluding the "weird" kid from whatever my friends and I were doing, name calling, etc.). And I'm sure that I've received the same from others.

The question is how we deal with it. I really have to wonder if as a society in an attempt to be inclusive, and to be politically correct, kids aren't learning how to deal with bullying. They're told "it's all right, you are still special," and as it progressively worsens, they hit a breaking point. In the past, people learned to address it before that point, but right now, that may not be happening.

Closed Thread