HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Francis Bouillon...

Closed Thread

Old
08-20-2004, 04:26 AM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
Francis Bouillon...

I was thinking about our Defensive depth for this upcoming seaosn... I got to thinking, on the habs depth charts, Bouillon ranks 8th IMO (Souray, Markov, Hainsey, Komi, Rivet, Breezy, Beauchemin being in front of him)

Why don't we use Bouillon as the fourth line LW??? He's very quick, feisty like a Bulldog, so he'd get under people's skin... + I know he'd be able to handle the defence of a forward plays (he wouldn't have to worry about down low situations anymore) + his speed just may contribute to his solid play. He is a tough player, and very strong... Not to mention he'd drop the gloves with just about anyone.

Maybe Frankie Bubbles could play a role in the future of this club

Old
08-20-2004, 04:48 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
I was thinking about our Defensive depth for this upcoming seaosn... I got to thinking, on the habs depth charts, Bouillon ranks 8th IMO (Souray, Markov, Hainsey, Komi, Rivet, Breezy, Beauchemin being in front of him)

Why don't we use Bouillon as the fourth line LW??? He's very quick, feisty like a Bulldog, so he'd get under people's skin... + I know he'd be able to handle the defence of a forward plays (he wouldn't have to worry about down low situations anymore) + his speed just may contribute to his solid play. He is a tough player, and very strong... Not to mention he'd drop the gloves with just about anyone.

interesting thought.... i've never thought of that before.... I would like hainsey in the lineup while still keeping bouillon's fiestiness in the game.... and it seems your idea of moving bouillon to the 4th line wing is a way to do it.... I still wonder how succesful he can be at moving the puck when when the grinders he plays with start cycling the puck around the boards.... but Bouillon has a giant heart so I wouldn't mind if Julien tinkers with this idea and experiments Bouillon on the fourth line for a few games. Nice post!

Old
08-20-2004, 05:05 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
interesting thought.... i've never thought of that before.... I would like hainsey in the lineup while still keeping bouillon's fiestiness in the game.... and it seems your idea of moving bouillon to the 4th line wing is a way to do it.... I still wonder how succesful he can be at moving the puck when when the grinders he plays with start cycling the puck around the boards.... but Bouillon has a giant heart so I wouldn't mind if Julien tinkers with this idea and experiments Bouillon on the fourth line for a few games. Nice post!

Yeah that's why I had to throw it out there... It really got me thinking, cause I was never for Bouillon for a future as a hab... But as a fourth line agitator he may be a great fit... He definately has the passion to be a Canadien I will never question that... But his speed/defensive experience would be an asset to the grinding line... Him Begin and Ward would go like mad crashing and banging and probably scoring some timely goals as well... I am very comfortable defensively at least icing that line

Old
08-20-2004, 05:14 AM
velimiiro

First of all, Bouillon is way infront of Beauchemin in the depth chart, dunno what you were smoking when you wrote that. He's even infront of Hainsey at this point.

But i think using him as an agitator is a really really really cool idea... like Begin with Bouillon, but it will never happen. Oh well.

Old
08-20-2004, 07:31 AM
rocketlives

Bouillon does a lot of hitting and he skates well enough to play upfront. Even if I agree he could do a good job on the Habs' fourth line, I do hope that with all our fine prospects, we'll be able to develop a young forward who will be as feisty as Bouillon but younger and more talented.

Old
08-20-2004, 07:58 AM
x-bob

This is a great idea but like someone else said, It takes a prospect out.

Old
08-20-2004, 08:22 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by velimiiro
First of all, Bouillon is way infront of Beauchemin in the depth chart, dunno what you were smoking when you wrote that. He's even infront of Hainsey at this point.

But i think using him as an agitator is a really really really cool idea... like Begin with Bouillon, but it will never happen. Oh well.
Gainey has made some rumblings saying he was going to give the go ahead to Hainsey to stay on in a full time role in Montreal... Hainsey signed a 2 year contract accepting less money for a one way contract (he gets paid no matter what Gainey/Julien do). There is no doubt it is Hainsey's time to step in.

Beauchemin on the other hand, it has been argued that he has been flat out the best defenceman on the Hamilton roster.. He's all of 24, and he's ready for a jump as well (he certainly will not survive waivers a second time, he's not much of a secret to the opposition's scouts anymore... Esp. with his strong play from last year).

Bouillon will always be behind Markov and Souray, as Hainsey is the only one with enough potential to catch up on those 2 on the LD, Thus leaving the habs with a very tough decision... Do they lose Beauchemin, protect Bouillon, and do the swapping of the # 6 together... or lose Bouillon from the point, put Hainsey as the # 6... and let the equal on both sides Beauchemin do the 7th d-man position (which IMO he will do great at, considering he Can play both sides).

All 3 can be kept if Bouillon who is not strong against bigger forwards, is given a lesser but equally important role of momentum builder. People all say he is like a pitbull out there, I gotta say it too based on what I saw this year... He has a lot of guts, tenacity and courage... But is also the most expendable.
A fourth line role does no rookie any good. Unless Gainey is planning to keep Perezhogin on the fourth, I can't see a better fit within the organization than Bubbles, as he is that tough SOB who would go on rails in the corner, and he is certainly fast enough, and a good passer to actually do some damage on that line (Ward & Begin could use a good set up man).
The place that Langdon left open is a gaping hole, we replace it with a guy who is a bit undersized, but can play better hockey, can cover if a defenceman goes down in a game... and to be frank, if he was 6-0 we would not probably be having this discussion, as Bouillon has the talent to be an NHL'er... But not the size to be a regular NHL defenceman.

Old
08-20-2004, 08:47 AM
velimiiro

Quote:
Gainey has made some rumblings saying he was going to give the go ahead to Hainsey to stay on in a full time role in Montreal... Hainsey signed a 2 year contract accepting less money for a one way contract (he gets paid no matter what Gainey/Julien do). There is no doubt it is Hainsey's time to step in.

Beauchemin on the other hand, it has been argued that he has been flat out the best defenceman on the Hamilton roster.. He's all of 24, and he's ready for a jump as well (he certainly will not survive waivers a second time, he's not much of a secret to the opposition's scouts anymore... Esp. with his strong play from last year).

Bouillon will always be behind Markov and Souray, as Hainsey is the only one with enough potential to catch up on those 2 on the LD, Thus leaving the habs with a very tough decision... Do they lose Beauchemin, protect Bouillon, and do the swapping of the # 6 together... or lose Bouillon from the point, put Hainsey as the # 6... and let the equal on both sides Beauchemin do the 7th d-man position (which IMO he will do great at, considering he Can play both sides).

All 3 can be kept if Bouillon who is not strong against bigger forwards, is given a lesser but equally important role of momentum builder. People all say he is like a pitbull out there, I gotta say it too based on what I saw this year... He has a lot of guts, tenacity and courage... But is also the most expendable.
A fourth line role does no rookie any good. Unless Gainey is planning to keep Perezhogin on the fourth, I can't see a better fit within the organization than Bubbles, as he is that tough SOB who would go on rails in the corner, and he is certainly fast enough, and a good passer to actually do some damage on that line (Ward & Begin could use a good set up man).
The place that Langdon left open is a gaping hole, we replace it with a guy who is a bit undersized, but can play better hockey, can cover if a defenceman goes down in a game... and to be frank, if he was 6-0 we would not probably be having this discussion, as Bouillon has the talent to be an NHL'er... But not the size to be a regular NHL defenceman.
Look, its a very nice thought, but this isnt a sim league.

Old
08-20-2004, 08:53 AM
Darz

There is no way management considers Beauchemin ahead of the Cube on any depth chart, and Hainsey still has to prove he can play at the nHL level for more than a few games, so....

In a perfect world, Hainsey will realize his potential and Boullion will become our 7th dman. I think it's a role the Cube will fill well. The though of him getting some time on the 4th line isn't crazy imo though, he has the skills needed to be a good 4th liner and seems to do whatever is asked of him, so....

Old
08-20-2004, 09:17 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:

Like it, where can i sign.........

Old
08-20-2004, 09:31 AM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Bouillon - Bégin - Ward

That would be one helluva grit line

Old
08-20-2004, 09:44 AM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
It actually would be a pretty cool idea, but we'll have to see how well Hainsey and/or (hopefully and) Beauchemin perform in camp. If they both play well enough to win jobs here, why not?

Old
08-20-2004, 10:07 AM
LePoche69

Well, I find that idea really interesting. For Bouillon's place in the dept chart, I think no one knows for sure, even Gainey and Julien (but they certainly have a good idea about it!!!). IMO, next training camp is important a lot in regard of our D-men dept chart since nobody can know exactly where Beauchemin-Hainsey-Bouillon are; is Bouillon has finished his developpement? Can he still improved? Can Hainsey be consistant? How will Beauchemin do against NHLers?

The idea of Bouillon on the fourth line is a good one in more than a way. The training camp is the perfect time to try it because at the same time, CJ will be able to dress one more D-man to see whatever he wants. The other nights, CJ could put Bouillon at D and then test an enforcer on the fourth line. And if Hainsey or Beauchemin (or a surprise) surpass Bouillon in term of NHL-ready-potential, we'll know if the Bouillon-fourth-line idea works.

I do think Bouillon-Begin-Ward (though I personnaly prefer to see Ward with Bonk and Bulis) could be a hell of a line.
...and I do think the fourth line is a bad idea for a rookie : they need to play more. I would prefer seeing Perezhogin play one full year in Russia (against men) than seeing him trying to make a pass to Ivanans or whoever... But I know there isn't a lot of people here who would like this idea. Sorry...

Old
08-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Ace2000

Send a message via ICQ to Ace2000
nathalie portman is hot!

Chipchurian candidate...thats funny :lol

Old
08-20-2004, 10:34 AM
eddy

I think Bouillion is excellent for the #7 D position if anything he deserves to be ahead of Beauchemin, I never used to be a big fan of his but he changed me after his playoffs the guy just never quits and has the heart of lion. The forward thing actually might not be a bad Idea but i'm not sure if CJ would do it, though Bouillion and Begin out there crushing some people would be fun to watch.

Old
08-20-2004, 11:07 AM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcE ColD
Bouillon - Bégin - Ward

That would be one helluva grit line
I love it.

I don't know if CJ ever thought about this.

Old
08-20-2004, 12:43 PM
YEMELIN74

Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74
bouillon is infront of hainsey and bauchemin...

Old
08-20-2004, 12:47 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTX
easy.

Old
08-20-2004, 12:57 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
Yeah in ur Playstation.

Old
08-20-2004, 01:05 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio
Yeah in ur Playstation.
Stop dreaming and open your eyes. IT'S A FACT. BOUILLON IS AHEAD. A FACT.

Old
08-20-2004, 01:12 PM
KingJarl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
I think his NHL time proves that. Point: EaGLE1!

Old
08-20-2004, 01:18 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Have I miss a season or what? Didn't Ron Hainsey played for the Bulldogs last season and Francis Bouillon played 73 games for the Montreal Canadians???

Habs coachs finally accepted what they saw at the start of the season: Bouillon is an NHL defensman. He may be small, but he weights 194 lbs!!! 7 lbs less than Craig Rivet who is however 7 inched taller!!! This massive compact strenght gives to the Habs what they need on the left side. With Markov and Souray, Bouillon appears to me like the best complement. Hainsey needs Markov and Souray PP ice time to show what he is able to do with a puck... not Bouillon's ice time.

For these reasons, Hainsey will have to WIN his place. Even if he is one year older than Komisarek and that Komisarek played in the NHL last year, Hainsey will have to go through what Komisarek went throught last season, being kept with the team as a spare part. Then, he will replace Souray or Markov when they will be injuried... cause they will be. ;-) ..... only if Bouillon keeps his spot, but since he always played with a huge hart, I can't see that happening.

Old
08-20-2004, 01:20 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:

Just kidding dude I was just looking for some reactions

U seem to be pretty high on Bouillon.Anyway, i agree whit u , right now the Cube is ahead.

peace. Go Cube go Cube

Old
08-20-2004, 02:11 PM
NewHabsEra*

First...

Beauchemin was a way better defenseman than Hainsey last season with the Bulldogs... Hainsey was arguably slightly better on the powerplay but in every other areas of the game, Beauchemin was an alot more effective defenseman... Even the organisation stated that Beauchemin passed Hainsey in the depth chart at some point last year...

Now, is Hainsey better than Bouillon right now? Only asking that is laughable to me...

Is Beauchemin better than Bouillon right now? I dont think so cause Bouillon played all the season long with the Habs and proved he could be very reliable and effective... But IMO if you give some experience games to Beauchemin at the NHL level, he could pass Bouillon in the depth chart sooner than later... Like Bouilloin, he is very quick, will win almost every one on one, will give some very nice bodychecks, will read the play very well, will be as much gritty... But Beauchemin has a better reach, is taller and has better offensive sense!

With hardwork and better attitude, Hainsey will still need at least one season and half in hope to becoming a reliable defenseman in the NHL... Will have to improve on his body strength, will have to be alot quicker to move and react, finally will have to play with more grit and fire!

Hainsey could become a hell of defenseman if he does it, his offensive skills are just great... But still expect at least one more year of development before he can help us to win hockey games!

Old
08-20-2004, 02:50 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I would assume they will do the same thing with Hainsey that they did with Komisarek this year. I would expect Bouillon to be the regular 6th man, with Hainsey getting in every so often. If he plays well, he should see more time, if he doesn't he should sit more. I'd be shocked if Hainsey or Beauchemin were full time NHLers playing in 70 or so games. Beauchemin is a lot more steady then Hainsey, works harder, is more physical, and shoots the puck more his shot isn't as good as Hainsey's, but he's improved his shot, knows when to use it, and seems to have a lot of confidence in his shot. But Hainsey has more upside, and with the contract he got, I have to think he's going to get more of a look then Beauchemin, who deserves a good look in the NHL since he's never had one before. But I wanted to see Beauchemin given a shot last year over Bouillon, but management didn't agree. I'm not the biggest Bouillon fan, as I think his lack of reach hurts him, although I admire his physical game and he has more heart then most players on the team.

Beauchemin if he doesn't get a shot, I don't see him being picked up on waivers, cause the team that gets him would have to give up one of their 18 protected players, plus he has to play in the NHL, and that's a big chance for a gm to take since the guy has less then a handful of NHL experience. So, if Beauchemin isn't on the team, he will help out Hamilton for sure, as they will hopefully be fighting for another 1st place finish. (can they go 3 for 3 !)

Closed Thread