HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preseason #2: Devils @ Islanders 9/24 7:00 p.m.

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2011, 08:47 AM
NYI94wasaFLUKE9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
How did Strome look out there?
Like he's going to be Niagaras best player this season. Didn't touch the puck until the 3rd period it seemed like. It was his first NHL action so I'm sure he was nervous. During the national anthem they showed him, and he was chewing on his glove...the kid is still teething for christ sake.

Old
09-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Is there any video highlights of the game?

Old
09-25-2011, 11:05 AM
malPHONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islesallday View Post
No one can wield out an ad hominem ad naseum like ol' Trotts. Sad to forever accociate the great Bryan Trottier's name with someone who'd betray longtime fanship of a team over such petty matters.

Old
09-25-2011, 11:29 AM
IslesETF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Is there any video highlights of the game?
I second that, does anyone have a link or know where we can see video highlights of last nights game?

Old
09-25-2011, 11:47 AM
nyscene

What's real funny about Trottier is the thing that set him off was the Isles picking up Grabner. I believe he said something to the effect of Grabs would treat us to "great AHL hockey.".

Old
09-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Noreaster96

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyscene View Post
What's real funny about Trottier is the thing that set him off was the Isles picking up Grabner. I believe he said something to the effect of Grabs would treat us to "great AHL hockey.".
Wait... there was a guy who jumped ship cuz the Isles put a waiver claim on a former first round pick with world class speed which was something we lacked? lol

Old
09-25-2011, 12:10 PM
M Moulson Ale
Brockoli

Quote:
why is Trottier an embarrassment? Just asking, I wasn't here when he left.....

Old
09-25-2011, 12:39 PM
Hip Of Rick

Quote:
I think you are correct. Most fans wanted Grabner with us being so bad and having we nothing to lose by picking him up. Same as with Schremp. He was pissed that we wanted a waiver player who ended up scoring more goals than anyone on his "new favorite" team last year.

Old
09-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Hockify

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
I think you are correct. Most fans wanted Grabner with us being so bad and having we nothing to lose by picking him up. Same as with Schremp. He was pissed that we wanted a waiver player who ended up scoring more goals than anyone on his "new favorite" team last year.
Really? Did I hear about this? That can't be true.

Old
09-25-2011, 03:30 PM
It Was 4 to 1
Penguins MVPs

trottier has a personal vendetta against frans nielsen as well.

he called him the most overrated player in the nhl

Old
09-25-2011, 06:15 PM
xIsle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rompus Rex View Post

Really? I think he is one of the best bargain in the NHL right now...

Old
09-25-2011, 06:19 PM
Fairenough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rompus Rex View Post

And his peers voted him the 2nd most underrated player in the entire league...

Old
09-25-2011, 07:23 PM
OpAck

In short, I remember he took issue with the Isles dumpster diving for guys like Schremp and the last straw was Grabner. I think there were others who had a similar opinion...and he seemed annoyed that alot of us were hyping that waiver claim up also. But I think alot of us got giddy over Grabs tremendous upside. Trotts moved onto NJD and since then, the Isles moved Schremp and Grabner "moved" us to the edge of our seats, then up out of our seats...

<Forrest Gump>And that's all I have to say about that.<Forrest Gump>

Old
09-25-2011, 07:31 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
Everyone on these boards no doubt has fallen in love with an eventual failure of a prospect or hated an eventual peach, and likely several of both. It happens. It is also why most of us don't have side jobs as scouts. No reason for anyone to get upset over it, you just learn from it and move on.

Unless of course you are trying to become Lord of the Internet. If so then yeah, that's a hard one to recover from (I kid of course).

Old
09-25-2011, 07:53 PM
enigmatic
Capuano is a stooge

not sure whats more ridiculous--isles fans penciling in staios for a spot after 2 good games or all of a sudden no one thinking he has a chance to make the isles after one bad game--this is why the pre-season isn't 1 or 2 games...

Old
09-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Hockify

Seems to me not liking someone your team picked up is no different or worse then not liking someone on your own team. Isn't everyone free to do that?

Old
09-25-2011, 08:10 PM
KrisBeKreame

What number was Pandolfo wearing?

Old
09-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockify View Post
Seems to me not liking someone your team picked up is no different or worse then not liking someone on your own team. Isn't everyone free to do that?
Yeah, but most people dont abandon a team and then bash said team and most of their fanbase on the way out over their disdain for picking up what turned out to be the best pickup in the league by a mile. Its a silly reason to leave before hindsight, but after we see what Grabner became it looks even more ludicrous.

Not that I miss Mr. Holier than Thou anyway.

Old
09-25-2011, 08:34 PM
Renbarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
What number was Pandolfo wearing?
29 - I miss KJ

Old
09-25-2011, 09:15 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
In short, I remember he took issue with the Isles dumpster diving for guys like Schremp and the last straw was Grabner. I think there were others who had a similar opinion...and he seemed annoyed that alot of us were hyping that waiver claim up also. But I think alot of us got giddy over Grabs tremendous upside. Trotts moved onto NJD and since then, the Isles moved Schremp and Grabner "moved" us to the edge of our seats, then up out of our seats...

<Forrest Gump>And that's all I have to say about that.<Forrest Gump>
I don't know the guy personally, but have been talking hockey with him for a very long time on here, and from what I know of him, the impression I got was that he no longer wanted to be committed to a team he didn't believe was committed to winning. The dumpster diving of guys off the waiver wire rather than acquiring proven talent being indicative of that.

Which you see people posting all the time on here about that. In some ways, I actually respect his decision more than the people who just complain, since he actually did something about his belief. I don't say that to disparage the fanship of anyone who feels negatively about the team, and not saying they should all abandon ship. However, in the end, none of us have control over what the team does, but we do have control over what team we cheer for. If you're unhappy with the team's direction, and don't believe it's going to change, in a lot of ways it's the most logical decision to make.

Of course, logic has little to do with sports fanship So I also understand and respect the perspective of people that stick with the team based on emotional attachment, despite having lost hope for/faith in a better future. But in the end, this is something that is ultimately entertainment. If following a team ceases to be entertaining, and is actually causing you more grief than anything positive, I can't fault you for changing to a team you think will give you what you're looking for.

Closed Thread