Old
08-20-2004, 02:23 PM
stick2700

vCash: 500
Iha

PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Pro Hockey Returns to the Sault
Pittsburgh PA August 20, 2004 – Alain Lemieux commissioner of the International Hockey Association announced today that a deal has been finalized with an ownership group to place a team in Sault St. Marie Michigan at the historic Pullar Center.
“The return of professional hockey to Northern Michigan is key to our long term growth.” Said Lemieux from his office in Pittsburgh. “We will be traveling to the Sault within the next two weeks to introduce the owners and address the community. At this point all I can say is that we are very excited to have a franchise in the Sault and the fans can look forward to an exciting, caliber level of play.”
The International Hockey Association is a six team league located throughout NY, Ohio and Michigan. This is a AA level league playing under NHL rules. For more information please visit our website at www.internationalhockeyassociation.com or e-mail us at theiha@yahoo.com

The IHA
theiha@yahoo.com
Phone: 716-400-7628

Old
08-20-2004, 07:47 PM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

The Premier Professional Minor League Hockey Association in North America? :lol

That's funny. Tell me another one.

Old
08-21-2004, 12:57 PM
letsgoflyers75

Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers75 Send a message via MSN to letsgoflyers75
You've posted this on just about every hockey message board in existance. Here, ITC, Hockey Attitide, anywhere it hasn't been posted? And why?

Old
08-23-2004, 12:26 PM
stick2700

why? this is a board for "other minor pro leagues" isnt it?

Old
08-23-2004, 01:35 PM
letsgoflyers75

Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers75 Send a message via MSN to letsgoflyers75
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2700
why? this is a board for "other minor pro leagues" isnt it?
Just curious why you're supporting them so strongly. It doesn't really look too... umm, let's just say good.

Old
08-23-2004, 01:46 PM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

Well let's see, their commissioner's office is in Pittsburgh while their league's office is in the bustling metropolis of Petoskey, Michigan. Only 2 of the teams have coaches or GMs, most of their jerseys are rips of NHL jerseys with their logos stuck on them, they only have 8 players listed with ONLY their last names listed, none of their arenas have any information about the coming of this new league, and oh yes, here's the arena where the Pittsburgh Comets will be playing in.

What events are upcoming there? Not the Pittsburgh Comets.

EVENTS AT THE GARDEN

August 14
Crystal Madison Wedding

August 21
Cindy Albert Wedding

August 28
Elizabeth Forward Hockey Cash Bash.
(Fund Raiser)

September 7
Arena Rink Opens

September 17
Born Wedding Reception.

September 18
PAHL Hockey League Meeting Scheduling Session.
(Hockey Meeting)

September 25
West Penn Hockey Official Association Meeting.

October 15
Elco Concert.

October 19
Social Distortion Concert - Elco Concert.

October 23
Story of the year Concert. - Clear Channel

November 9
Yagermister Tour Concert - Clear Channel

December 11-12
Ft Crawford Gun Show

Meanwhile, the Hobart Arena (home of the Troy Cougars) shows nothing about any game dates or the existence of the team and the same goes for the only other arena they mention, the Jamestown Savings Bank Ice Arena. Now I was pretty skeptical about the WHA, but this is beyond the realm of sketchy.

Last edited by garnetpalmetto: 08-23-2004 at 01:55 PM.
Old
08-23-2004, 02:38 PM
stick2700

well i doubt everyones website get updated as quickly as this message board. you know i look at alot of these boards and i mostly see negative comments and i am wondering why if this is supposed to be for fans. what ever the case may be, i am interested to watch, at least you can contact this league, the sphl didnt have that until last week.

Old
08-23-2004, 03:18 PM
letsgoflyers75

OK, this leagues e-mail address is a Yahoo account. Yeah... that's kind of sad. Their website looks like a four year old made it. You said you couldn't contact the SPHL before, but see, there's a difference. The SPHL has a website that you can read, a schedule, and teams with leases. This IHA doesn't have any of that, besides a schedule, but you can't understand the schedule on the website. They have a "Goalie of the Week," but haven't played a game yet. That's kind of hard to understand. I'm sorry, but I can't take a league seriously when they can't even punctuate their press releases properly.

Old
08-23-2004, 03:39 PM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
well i doubt everyones website get updated as quickly as this message board. you know i look at alot of these boards and i mostly see negative comments and i am wondering why if this is supposed to be for fans. what ever the case may be, i am interested to watch, at least you can contact this league, the sphl didnt have that until last week.
It's more than just not updating your website constantly. Yeah I'm spoiled in that the ECHL updates their website almost continuously, but there are a few lingering questions that make me wonder.

1) Why is their commissioner's office some 530 miles from the league office?

2) Why doesn't ESPN, TSN, or any other sports website mention anything about this league OR Alain Lemieux becoming it's commissioner?

3) Why is their web design absolutely horrific? While the WHA hasn't updated their site in eons, at least when one puts in "World Hockey Association" into a search engine it comes up. Try putting "International Hockey Association" into a search engine and you get anything but.

4) Why do their uniforms look as if someone took images from NHLUniforms.com and simply photoshopped in new logos?

5) Why is their official e-mail a yahoo account?

6) Why is their website riddled with spelling errors?

7) Why do their logos look like a middle school student designed them in MS Paint?

8) Why do NONE of the arenas they mention state ANYTHING about this new league or for that matter ANY pro hockey being played?

9) Why do newspapers in the city that their teams are going to be located in have NOTHING regarding the IHA? I checked The Troy Daily News, The Buffalo News, and The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and found NADA!

Inquiring minds want to know the answers to these questions for starters.

Last edited by garnetpalmetto: 08-23-2004 at 03:54 PM.
Old
08-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Fleet*

Send a message via Yahoo to Fleet*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMe7219
Just curious why you're supporting them so strongly. It doesn't really look too... umm, let's just say good.
Maybe he hopes it will be a good league. If it doesn't turn out good he still has the right to dream.

Old
08-23-2004, 09:15 PM
letsgoflyers75

I never said he's not allowed to dream. I'm just saying, what makes this league so different then other leagues.. that's all.

Old
08-24-2004, 08:17 AM
stick2700

all good points, so i sent an e-mail and asked. according to them their website is being done, and they put this "temporary" site up so they would have something that the web crawlers would hit, so that once the season gets closer they will come up on seach engines. they do have an intern doing the site now so that explains that. as for the league office and commissioner question, i was told they havent opened the office in pittsburgh yet but they will no later than sept 15th. sense they start later than everyone else, i dont think this is a big deal. all i can say is when i sent the e-mail they answered....

Old
08-24-2004, 11:31 AM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
i dont think this is a big deal. all i can say is when i sent the e-mail they answered....
So do the Lads from Lagos when one's being targeted in a Nigerian Advance Fee Scam. Also, I found tha tthose logos are the intelletual property of others that they are using WITHOUT PERMISSION.

Old
08-24-2004, 12:43 PM
stick2700

yeah and if my aunt had a D#@K she would be my Uncle.

Old
08-24-2004, 02:14 PM
stick2700

seems like they have update the site some. front page is alot cleaner than before. not bad, i have seen worse from new leagues.

Old
08-25-2004, 05:40 PM
Fleet*

Send a message via Yahoo to Fleet*
Do the Jamestown Prowlers play in Jamestown Virginia or in some unpopular Jamestown in some other state?

Old
08-26-2004, 08:28 AM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

My guess is they're supposed to "play" in Jamestown, NY. But then again, I think this entire league is a sham seeing as how no local media in any of those cities have anything about a new league coming to town in their archives.

Old
08-27-2004, 09:28 AM
stick2700

local media doesnt always put everything on line sportzdomain.com is covering this league, and i guess osc is waiting until some more news comes out about ownership from the e-mail i got from them. this league has some advantages over the sphl, higher cap and northern locations will give them an edge in fan base.

Old
09-22-2004, 02:21 PM
stick2700

just wondering

why is it that everyone get down on people starting new leagues? if anything isnt it good for hockey to have more people playing?

Old
09-23-2004, 12:21 AM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
why is it that everyone get down on people starting new leagues? if anything isnt it good for hockey to have more people playing?
It's not new leagues I have a problem with. It's leagues that are destined for failure from the start. When the WHA has no drafted players and some teams still lack coaching staff or a place to play, that's when I have problems with it because it unfairly raises the expectations of fans such as yoursef who only get crushed when reality sets in. Let's look at your IHA. Their website reeks of amateurism, they literally stole all their logos from another forum, none of their arena sites mention anything about a new hockey league, NO local media in ANY market has picked up on this, no national media has picked up on this league, no media has picked up on Alain Lemieux being a league chairman, their tickets are purchased through PayPal of all things (almost all minor league teams I know at any level use Ticketmaster, Etix, or other e-ticketing software to sell online tickets. NONE use PayPal.), and it's riddled with inconsistencies (the league claims to be for American players, yet their page devoted to their "draft" has a prominant picture of the Canadian World Cup Team).

Add up all these inconsistencies and, quite simply, if it looks like a fraud, and smells like a fruad, it's a fraud. Your enthusiasm is great and your blind optimism, while bordering on naïveté, is a quality all too rare in this world. Unfortunately, I'm a skeptic and I know a fraud when I see one.

Last edited by garnetpalmetto: 09-23-2004 at 12:35 AM.
Old
09-23-2004, 08:49 AM
stick2700

my thoughts

well i can agree with some of your thoughts. but the soo today has reported on the team there, so has the york newspaper and the trib in pittsburgh. these are small articles, but hey they have to start somewhere. as to the e-mail address issue, who realy cares, isnt it easier to type in a yahoo account or hotmail instead of the long url? for the ticket issue, i am in a wait and see mode, the owners were just announced, so maybe something will change. maybe pay pal is cheaper than ticket master or something. where did you see that this was supposed to be for american players? i couldnt find that. i think that is they drop the puck and play that it realy doesnt matter how they run their business. just because one league does things one way doesnt mean every league has to do it that way and it doesnt mean that its the right way to do it. maybe this saves a few $$ that they can use elsewhere. maybe i am an optimist, but maybe its better to see the glass half full than half empty.

Old
09-29-2004, 10:25 AM
stick2700

some news coverage

http://www.auburnpub.com/articles/20...s/sports01.txt
heres some local coverage on the league. looks like the cehl folded today, wonder if any new teams will take their places? seems to fit in with the regionality of the iha.

Old
09-29-2004, 07:00 PM
BUFFALOHOCKEY

But?

How are we supposed to have faith in a league when the one of its executives has pled guilty to fraud? I've seen the article In the petoskey papers, and online on the osc board. Also stick 2700 how did you email yourself? You are the one giving the updates on the league and by all accounts you in fact are the president of the iha. Therefore, of course you are going to support the league. Stick2700 was your email addy in the league you were involved with last year wasn't it?
One last thing I really could care less how the website design looks as long as the content is good. However the content stunk, and updates were rare. The only thing that changed was the cities that the teams would play in and their logos. This from a league that is supposed to start in a matter of weeks. I agree with the others it is all fishy and it definitely seems like a failure from the start.
It is just a shame that once again it will be the fans and the young players with a dream are going to be the ones that suffer.

Old
10-02-2004, 10:11 AM
BUFFALOHOCKEY

Hello?

Why no response Joe oops i mean stick2700? I see there isn't a website now, but thats ok you are looking for free web space right? Don't worry though, as always it wasn't your fault. I read a former employee hijacked the site right? Is that what really happened, or did he not want pilfered logos on a site that he owned? Whatever!! Fans and players beware, you will be the only ones hurt in the end.

Closed Thread