24 Sept 2011 - Wild @ Pens - 2PM - NHL Network/KFAN

Old
09-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Gillies knocked some skill into me in that mid ice collision, scored right after #seeingstars #knockedthewindouttame #losingsucks
http://twitter.com/#!/enystrom23/sta...29837824745472

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 06:07 PM
forthewild

at one point they had the president for pit yap about how there were 4 guys selected in the top 60 in the last years draft which was more then MN. I was like sure like the year before when MN had 4 guys in the first round? or how 13/20 players on 1980 team were from MN?, yeah buddy you got a long ****ing way to go before you match MN in NHL talent and this is a state of 4 million people ass face.

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 06:10 PM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
at one point they had the president for pit yap about how there were 4 guys selected in the top 60 in the last years draft which was more then MN. I was like sure like the year before when MN had 4 guys in the first round? or how 13/20 players on 1980 team were from MN?, yeah buddy you got a long ****ing way to go before you match MN in NHL talent and this is a state of 4 million people ass face.
Callm down a bit, until they sell out Consol for a high school hockey tourney we'll be OK. Except for goalies, MN really doesn't produce great goalies.

tomgilbertfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 06:50 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
Woah. Starting to sound like an Edmonton fan. Saying that their youth program is paying off and pointing out that they had good numbers last year relative the benchmark setter for the US is hardly an insult worth ranting about.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 07:07 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

My observation......

Cullen is a pansy. Get somebody in there willing to take hits. Consistently turns puck over to avoid checks. Butch was more physical than him today, Butch....

WildisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 07:54 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildisLaw View Post
My observation......

Cullen is a pansy. Get somebody in there willing to take hits. Consistently turns puck over to avoid checks. Butch was more physical than him today, Butch....
hate to be contrary man but arguably the biggest hit of the game came when Tangreti nailed him with a hit he saw coming. Not disagreeing that he's soft, but he did take his punishment.

Old
09-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

I see the main board thread about the Cooke hit has unexpectedly gotten out of hand.

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 07:57 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Flabbergasted

I just watched this game on DVR and all I can say is holy **** we need to do something about special teams. We got murdered. ****.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 08:28 PM
tyratoku

Reading through the Pens board...I can't wait until we play them in October. Yeo's "terrible powerplay" isn't going to give them as many breaks when they give us 6-8 powerplays and SKH ****s all over them. It'll be vastly different when LCB don't have to play half the game by themselves with no NHL-level Defense and with a line above them to draw away the Pens' top D.

tyratoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 08:31 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Not arguing about the #2 PP, they need to start shooting.

The PK wasn't as bad is it looked. 2 screen shots from the point, 1 rush by Malkin and a rebound off of a shot block. It's not like they passed through us 4 times for each goal.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 08:32 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

our PP is capable of ******** the bed completely no matter who is running it. Remember that one game where we were 0-10? NHL roster.

Old
09-24-2011, 09:45 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Reading through the Pens board...I can't wait until we play them in October. Yeo's "terrible powerplay" isn't going to give them as many breaks when they give us 6-8 powerplays and SKH ****s all over them. It'll be vastly different when LCB don't have to play half the game by themselves with no NHL-level Defense and with a line above them to draw away the Pens' top D.
Don't take it personally, Yeo's powerplay and his dry erase board were long running jokes among Pens fans during his tenure here. That and his lack of eyebrows.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 09:47 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
our PP is capable of ******** the bed completely no matter who is running it. Remember that one game where we were 0-10? NHL roster.
Wasn't that against the Habs a few years back? They went 0-9 or 0-10? Lemaire was still coaching at the time. That game was a disaster. Montreal handed us that game, yet we refused to take it.

Question is, would the PP have been different today with the "real" top line out there.....meaning the Sharks and Finn?

Everybody seemed out of sorts today. True, it wasn't the final roster. But they looked like they were ready to brush everything off, because the game didn't count. The cycling on the PP brought back nightmares of years' past. I KNOW those guys are capable of doing better. That's the frustrating part. Make them take the bus back home.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 08:48 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
I doubt the Pens give the Wild that many PP opportunities in a regular season game, Richard Park was giving them away like candy .

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 09:02 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Well if they want to extrapolate that the Wild PP will suck because of one preseason game, we can extrapolate Koivu's line will get 8 points per game and Heater will score 164 goals.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 11:05 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Well if they want to extrapolate that the Wild PP will suck because of one preseason game, we can extrapolate Koivu's line will get 8 points per game and Heater will score 164 goals.
I like your math, sir.

Old
09-25-2011, 04:00 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Cullen brought that hit on himself and he made it way worse than it should have been by turning into the boards. Take the hit, dont be a little *****. He plays like a scared little kid out there. I lost count how many turnovers he had because he was throwing the puck away trying to dodge every hit like it was the plague. He is too soft to play on that line, I hope they put Brodz back in there asap. I think I already have my scapegoat for this season. Spurgeon was awful that game too. That was like watching a midget trying to check Malkin. Weak players that will just be exploited by the opposition all season long.

/rant

WildisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 10:38 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

I wouldn't make too much of this game. The PP and PK aren't the real top units for each side. Preseason is more about evaluating individuals, imo.

Dan Bylsma did take a small jab at his former assistant and buddy Mike Yeo. The interviewer mentions the Pens were 9/9 on the PK and Bylsma's response was "That was Mike Yeo's Power Play"

You can see the clip at the Pens web site. It's titled Town Hall : Dan Bylsma and it's toward the very end. Here's a link.

http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videoc...onsole?catid=1

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 10:51 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
I wouldn't make too much of this game. The PP and PK aren't the real top units for each side. Preseason is more about evaluating individuals, imo.

Dan Bylsma did take a small jab at his former assistant and buddy Mike Yeo. The interviewer mentions the Pens were 9/9 on the PK and Bylsma's response was "That was Mike Yeo's Power Play"

You can see the clip at the Pens web site. It's titled Town Hall : Dan Bylsma and it's toward the very end. Here's a link.

http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videoc...onsole?catid=1
Yeah, when the Wild are missing Schultz and Lundin (the two top PK defensemen) and Scandella is out for misconduct, I'm going to let the PK off the hook a bit. The PP unit the Wild iced was largely the second PP line though, so their poor performance is a bit concerning. The top PP unit looked great against Columbus though.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Yeah, when the Wild are missing Schultz and Lundin (the two top PK defensemen) and Scandella is out for misconduct, I'm going to let the PK off the hook a bit. The PP unit the Wild iced was largely the second PP line though, so their poor performance is a bit concerning. The top PP unit looked great against Columbus though.
They really just needed to shoot. It wasn't like they couldn't enter the zone or anything. Look at a couple Pittsburgh's goals; 2 screen shots from the point. They were just trying to be too fancy, it seemed that they were always looking for cross-crease pass that wasn't there.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Well the PP has gone 2 for 7, 0 for 5, and 0 for 9 with that basic lineup. 2 for 6 with the Koivu line. When half your PP are grinders and AHL'ers, I'm not reading too much into it.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote