HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[PIT] Boris Valabik; CLEARED: Avery, Gillies, King.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-06-2011, 12:40 PM
  #751
binx bolling
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyBigStick View Post
It's got nothing to do with that. My point is that their is only one team that would have any reason to pick him up and it still wouldn't be worth it. Way to pull a strawman argument though.
First, you said for "obvious reasons." Now you say the Isles are the only team that would have a reason. Do you know what begging the question means? When you don't post a reason and then call that reason obvious, it is only logical to assume you are implying the isles are shallow on the left side. Since that's been proven false, maybe you want to make an argument about the cap floor. If that was the obvious reason, I submit the front page of capgeek for your perusal. http://capgeek.com/


Last edited by caley: 10-06-2011 at 01:27 PM.
binx bolling is offline  
Old
10-06-2011, 01:27 PM
  #752
caley
Moderator
 
caley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by binx bolling View Post
First, you said for "obvious reasons." Now you say the Isles are the only team that would have a reason. Do you know what begging the question means? When you don't post a reason and then call that reason obvious, it is only logical to assume you are implying the isles are shallow on the left side. Since that's been proven false, maybe you want to make an argument about the cap floor. If that was the obvious reason, I submit the front page of capgeek for your perusal. http://capgeek.com/
I'm pretty sure the obvious reason is because Eric Nystrom is the son of longtime Isles' hero Bob Nystrom, hence why another poster made the comment on the previous page about Justin Bourne.

Also, there's no need to clutter up threads with unrelated Batman pics, thanks.

caley is offline  
Old
10-06-2011, 01:30 PM
  #753
niroopg*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,487
vCash: 500
bad preseason for nystrom - broke a guy's femur and waived.

niroopg* is offline  
Old
10-06-2011, 01:34 PM
  #754
binx bolling
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
I'm pretty sure the obvious reason is because Eric Nystrom is the son of longtime Isles' hero Bob Nystrom, hence why another poster made the comment on the previous page about Justin Bourne.

Also, there's no need to clutter up threads with unrelated Batman pics, thanks.
missed that and that's before my time. apologies to the poster.

binx bolling is offline  
Old
10-06-2011, 02:28 PM
  #755
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 14,504
vCash: 500
Haven't seen this guy much. From the little I've seen, he strikes me as a player that plays/tries hard, but doesn't have much ability.

Captain Hook is offline  
Old
10-06-2011, 02:35 PM
  #756
LAX attack*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Danger Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 14,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Anyone who has been following his career after signing with the Wild should be pretty aware that Nystrom is close to done as a contributing player in the NHL.

LAX attack* is offline  
Old
10-06-2011, 02:48 PM
  #757
MTK
Registered User
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Islip
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Eric Nystrom on waivers? Wow, that's really strange. I wish the Islanders had room to bring him in.
The Islanders need to make room since Betts (claimed) and Nystrom are better than 2/3rd of our 4th line.

Nystorm is better than Pandolfo, Martin,

MTK is offline  
Old
10-06-2011, 02:50 PM
  #758
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Dust Buster
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,461
vCash: 2403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael Backlund View Post
Source?

I do hope that he gets picked up by some team. LOVED him when he was with Calgary.
I think it was a reported 300k, and the source was D. Sutter. He said he offered him Glencross money before the extension was signed.

I don't want him back.

Johnny Hoxville is offline  
Old
10-06-2011, 02:58 PM
  #759
Human Thumb*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 2,534
vCash: 500
playing poorly for minnesota for a grand one year and apparently your career is done

Human Thumb* is offline  
Old
10-06-2011, 03:32 PM
  #760
fearthetrap
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapefruit Moon View Post
playing poorly for minnesota for a grand one year and apparently your career is done
Agree. Everyone had a down year in sota. But it seemed he also wasn't fitting in with yeo. He would be great in houston with the young guys, but part of me knows he should grt claimed. This gives Bulmer more minutes we will see what happens.

fearthetrap is offline  
Old
10-06-2011, 03:45 PM
  #761
Flames Fanatic
Unclenched
 
Flames Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cochrane
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,615
vCash: 1127
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I think it was a reported 300k, and the source was D. Sutter. He said he offered him Glencross money before the extension was signed.

I don't want him back.
Considering he was essentially a third liner on the fourth line, I'd have paid him what he got in Minny. It was perhaps slight overpayment, but if he plays anything like his last season in Calgary, I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Flames Fanatic is offline  
Old
10-06-2011, 03:48 PM
  #762
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 19,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fehr Time View Post
Disgusting when something like this happens. A player signs a contract in good faith and this is what happens. Hopefully all contracts will have automatic NMC next year so GM's can't treat players and their families like this.
What?

Nystrom just didn't work out for Minnesota and they are giving him an opportunity to latch on to another team that might.

That's the nature of the business.

thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
10-06-2011, 04:02 PM
  #763
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone
 
CGYPUKSUX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hockey Purgatory
Posts: 2,173
vCash: 500
Nystrom is a career 10 to 15 point player. He's grossly overpaid and just not a very good hockey player. Not surprised to see him waived. Has to be better value out there than $1.4M for 10 points. I'm sure there will be a bevy of Flames fans that are going to be suggesting something ridiculous, like trading Stajan for Nystrom, just to get him back in Flames colors. To those fans, Nystom is gone, get over it and recognize we have better players in the minors.

CGYPUKSUX is offline  
Old
10-06-2011, 04:11 PM
  #764
Koobs11
aka Back door Johnny
 
Koobs11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North
Posts: 1,622
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Koobs11
Would love to see him picked up by the islanders

Koobs11 is offline  
Old
10-06-2011, 04:22 PM
  #765
LMFAO
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The Islanders need to make room since Betts (claimed) and Nystrom are better than 2/3rd of our 4th line.

Nystorm is better than Pandolfo, Martin,

LOL Matt Martin may be the best 4th liner in the entire NHL

LMFAO is offline  
Old
10-06-2011, 05:44 PM
  #766
startainfection*
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 7,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The Islanders need to make room since Betts (claimed) and Nystrom are better than 2/3rd of our 4th line.

Nystorm is better than Pandolfo, Martin,
rolston is on the islanders 4th line

startainfection* is offline  
Old
10-07-2011, 09:12 AM
  #767
KrisBeKreame
Registered User
 
KrisBeKreame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
rolston is on the islanders 4th line
no he's on the 3rd line with Bailey and Comeau.

KrisBeKreame is offline  
Old
10-07-2011, 09:16 AM
  #768
MTK
Registered User
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Islip
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMFAO View Post
LOL Matt Martin may be the best 4th liner in the entire NHL
What's up Matt. Didn't know Matt Martin posted on hfboards.

MTK is offline  
Old
10-07-2011, 10:39 AM
  #769
WTFMAN99
Registered User
 
WTFMAN99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,092
vCash: 500
Nystrom is a pretty good pk guy, ugh i'd take him on the leafs over Rosehill or Orr..

WTFMAN99 is offline  
Old
10-07-2011, 10:45 AM
  #770
BritSabre
Registered User
 
BritSabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Reading, UK
Country: England
Posts: 2,437
vCash: 500
I think he could help a bunch of teams, but he's overpaid and will likely pass through unclaimed. If he was on a salary similar to Betts' then I think he'd be worth a shot, but he's not.

BritSabre is offline  
Old
10-07-2011, 11:06 AM
  #771
IslesNorway
Registered User
 
IslesNorway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Norway
Posts: 3,248
vCash: 500
If he clears then they should put him on re-entry if they want him claimed. At 700K he is worth it tyo some team even if he's signed through nest season as well as that's the going rate for 4th liners.

IslesNorway is offline  
Old
10-07-2011, 11:40 AM
  #772
WJG
Running and Rioting
 
WJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Ireland
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Nystrom clears.

Kyle Cumiskey and Joe Callahan on waivers.

Quote:
TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
MIN's Eric Nystrom clears waivers. COL puts Kyle Cumiskey on waivers. MTL puts Joe Callahan on waivers for purposes of signing to a contract

WJG is offline  
Old
10-07-2011, 11:45 AM
  #773
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив
 
Karl with a C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 15,848
vCash: 990
Man, what happened to Cumiskey? I remember watching him a couple years ago and being very impressed with his speed and his overall game.

Karl with a C is offline  
Old
10-07-2011, 11:54 AM
  #774
xECK29x
Moderator
 
xECK29x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Deer Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,174
vCash: 500
Wow Cumiskey really? I would love for Garth to pick him up!

xECK29x is offline  
Old
10-07-2011, 12:40 PM
  #775
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,603
vCash: 500
Cumiskey isn't an NHL player right now, infact I don't believe he will ever be.

Ivan13 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.