HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pre-Season Waived Players

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-05-2011, 02:12 PM
  #176
PuckNut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver ballet View Post
If we're going to imitate doctors here then why is there the need to place Taylor above the 300+ people who perish in Edmonton area hospitals each week? Not all of them passed from natural causes.

The man sustained an injury while playing a game, for which he'll recover from. Area hospitals are full of patients with the conditions you mentioned. Why the need to put Fedun up on a pedestal above family from contributing members on this site? Is Taylor Fedun somehow more important than everyone else affected by accidents or life threatening illnesses? Where are normal peoples priorities in all of this?
How did BBO say he was more important? If anything, he was merely stating that Fedun is equally important. It is you that is saying that the person injured playing a game has less importance by stating he merely has a boo-boo. He suffered what could have been a life threatening injury. Grow up.

PuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 02:37 PM
  #177
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,666
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver ballet View Post
If we're going to imitate doctors here then why is there the need to place Taylor above the 300+ people who perish in Edmonton area hospitals each week? Not all of them passed from natural causes.

The man sustained an injury while playing a game, for which he'll recover from. Area hospitals are full of patients with the conditions you mentioned. Why the need to put Fedun up on a pedestal above family from contributing members on this site? Is Taylor Fedun somehow more important than everyone else affected by accidents or life threatening illnesses? Where are normal peoples priorities in all of this?
1) No one has been put up on a pedestal.

2) This is an Oiler board, not a board about the condition of everyone in Edmonton-area hospitals.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 02:41 PM
  #178
Eirhead*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver ballet View Post
If we're going to imitate doctors here then why is there the need to place Taylor above the 300+ people who perish in Edmonton area hospitals each week? Not all of them passed from natural causes.

The man sustained an injury while playing a game, for which he'll recover from. Area hospitals are full of patients with the conditions you mentioned. Why the need to put Fedun up on a pedestal above family from contributing members on this site? Is Taylor Fedun somehow more important than everyone else affected by accidents or life threatening illnesses? Where are normal peoples priorities in all of this?
What are you on about???? Isn't this a waiver thread? ANYWAYS a broken femur can be fatal. A close friend of mine broke his 8 months ago, he couldn't walk for 4 months, he's still hobbling around on a crutch to this day. He'll probably never be able to do things like go skiing in the mountains ever again. On top of that, he has some major memory loss problems now as a result of all the morphine, oxycodin's and percocets he took during that 4 months of pain. It's a life changing injury. You're sounding like a real a-hole downplaying it.

Eirhead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 03:18 PM
  #179
Moneypuck
Registered User
 
Moneypuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrV View Post
What are you on about???? Isn't this a waiver thread? ANYWAYS a broken femur can be fatal. A close friend of mine broke his 8 months ago, he couldn't walk for 4 months, he's still hobbling around on a crutch to this day. He'll probably never be able to do things like go skiing in the mountains ever again. On top of that, he has some major memory loss problems now as a result of all the morphine, oxycodin's and percocets he took during that 4 months of pain. It's a life changing injury. You're sounding like a real a-hole downplaying it.
I appologize but it was Booya42 who brought it up on page 6. I wanted to let sleeping dogs lie but obviously he wanted to rehash old times. It wasn't an issue with me anyfurther.

Moneypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 03:52 PM
  #180
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...
 
Booya42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,684
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver ballet View Post
I appologize but it was Booya42 who brought it up on page 6. I wanted to let sleeping dogs lie but obviously he wanted to rehash old times. It wasn't an issue with me anyfurther.
I brought them up yes, but it was to prove a point on your classiness (sorry tactfulness)... I stand by my comments, as you obviously do yours.

Booya42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 04:00 PM
  #181
s7ark
Moderator
TheWorstEver
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,196
vCash: 500
Let's get this thread back on topic. Any more discussion of Fedun's injury can be taken to the thread here

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 04:58 PM
  #182
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,114
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4theFuture View Post
Is Woywitka an upgrade on what we currently have on D?
Chorney is going under the radar.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 05:26 PM
  #183
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,745
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Chorney is going under the radar.
Is he healthy? I thought he got hurt as well...

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 05:54 PM
  #184
SK13
Mo'Linguish
 
SK13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,223
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smytty 94 View Post
Is he healthy? I thought he got hurt as well...
Day-to-Day.

Sounds like Whitney will only miss a few games and Smid might play on Sunday, so Chorney might find himself on waivers anyway.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 05:55 PM
  #185
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smytty 94 View Post
Is he healthy? I thought he got hurt as well...
Healthy and ready to go according to Oilers Now.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 06:46 PM
  #186
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,114
vCash: 50
that will suck if Chorney goes on waivers, one guy Im excited about is Jeff Petry, in my mind he's our second best defenceman after Whitney, he can produce and be defensive, nice size too.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 07:19 PM
  #187
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,745
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
that will suck if Chorney goes on waivers, one guy Im excited about is Jeff Petry, in my mind he's our second best defenceman after Whitney, he can produce and be defensive, nice size too.
Same here. He's pretty much a copy of Whitney. Plus he said earlier on Oilers now that Whitney has taken him under his wing... Hopefully they get to play together cause that's a solid pairing that could really light it up.


I'd much rather we try and trade Chorney if we're going to waive him. He will get picked up

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 10:38 PM
  #188
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,114
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smytty 94 View Post
Same here. He's pretty much a copy of Whitney. Plus he said earlier on Oilers now that Whitney has taken him under his wing... Hopefully they get to play together cause that's a solid pairing that could really light it up.


I'd much rather we try and trade Chorney if we're going to waive him. He will get picked up
maybe put Whitney and Petty on the pp together but still have a Whitney-Gilbert then something like Petry-Smid, Im not sure.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 02:48 AM
  #189
Hockey Buddha
Darnell Nurse
 
Hockey Buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,364
vCash: 500
Despite our depth at left wing and centre, waived Coyote Brett MacLean is still a player of interest imo. He lit it up in the A the past two seasons; he has decent size, good hands and imo is NHL ready.

Hockey Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 11:16 AM
  #190
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,768
vCash: 50
Eric Nystrom on waivers

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 11:59 AM
  #191
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,114
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Buddha View Post
Despite our depth at left wing and centre, waived Coyote Brett MacLean is still a player of interest imo. He lit it up in the A the past two seasons; he has decent size, good hands and imo is NHL ready.
would be a nice addition for OKC.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 12:03 PM
  #192
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,768
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
would be a nice addition for OKC.
Can't send him to OKC though, not unless he clears waivers again.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 12:04 PM
  #193
SK13
Mo'Linguish
 
SK13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,223
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Can't send him to OKC though, not unless he clears waivers again.
Doesn't want to play in the AHL anyway. Demanded a trade because of the demotion.

And really, we have a major forward overcrowding issue in OKC. It's a real deep group down there.

As for the NHL team, we have no room for a forward. MacLean doesn't upgrade on any of our 12 roster forwards, and he doesn't supplant the roll of Hordichuk.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 12:06 PM
  #194
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,768
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Doesn't want to play in the AHL anyway. Demanded a trade because of the demotion.

And really, we have a major forward overcrowding issue in OKC. It's a real deep group down there.

As for the NHL team, we have no room for a forward. MacLean doesn't upgrade on any of our 12 roster forwards, and he doesn't supplant the roll of Hordichuk.
He demanded a trade? I never heard about that.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 12:07 PM
  #195
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,768
vCash: 50
Rags pick up Woywitka.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 12:08 PM
  #196
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,114
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Can't send him to OKC though, not unless he clears waivers again.
he did once already but were already looking solid for Oklahoma

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 12:09 PM
  #197
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,768
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
he did once already but were already looking solid for Oklahoma
I don't follow?

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 12:12 PM
  #198
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,768
vCash: 50
Maclean to WPG

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 12:18 PM
  #199
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,745
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
He demanded a trade? I never heard about that.
he "requested" a trade as per hockey break

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 12:21 PM
  #200
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,768
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smytty 94 View Post
he "requested" a trade as per hockey break
So doubtful then.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.