HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

It's only preason -_- Boston wins 7-3

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2011, 10:53 PM
gusfring

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Pre-season games aren't about fun games. They're about evaluating talent and getting the veterans in game shape.
Or making money, for this organization.

Old
09-25-2011, 11:01 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyhabs View Post
I was sort of hoping Budaj's stats were due to the Colorado defence. I guess that may not be the case.
Relax buddy it's preseason

Old
09-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Still losing against the Bruins aren't fun no matter if it's preseason, regular season or post-season. Not sure how it can be otherwise......That's what a big rivalry should be about.

Old
09-25-2011, 11:11 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyhabs View Post
I was sort of hoping Budaj's stats were due to the Colorado defence. I guess that may not be the case.
Because tonight's defensive lineup we put is, like, TOTALLY better than last year Colorado's?

Come on. Emelin is showing to be very good, and Gill is Gill (for da good and da bad), but otherwise, that was a rookie lineup that made a lot, lot, lot of mistakes.

Sorry Nathan, i think there is a point to understand if PK's overly agressive puckhandling turns out to be less risky than some of the plays you pulled tonight.

Oh, I said it before, but nobody made a comment about it: what did you think of a Pointy AK? I mean, Andrei on the point for the PP?

Old
09-25-2011, 11:13 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMHABS View Post
How did Avtsin and Beaulieu do today? How did each fare in the game and what were their strengths and weaknesses? Sorry couldnt watch the game, was working.
Avtsyn had some decent moments but he is way too weak on the puck and lack footspeed..

Beaulieu was inconsistent, you can see flashes of brillance, he is obviously a great talent, but isnt strong enough and too raw for pro level hockey.. When the kid matures physically and gets more consistent defensively, he will be a player.. Still reminds me Hainsey at his debut but there is no doubt the celling is higher..

Old
09-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Loved Gallagher again. I also liked what I saw from Archambault.

Can anyone confirm if we're statistically knocked out of a regular season berth with this loss?

Old
09-25-2011, 11:24 PM
ChoseLa

The best part is that the guy who did the best in rookie camp is going to play his first game tomorrow, Bournival, can't wait to see him play in a real pre-season game.

Old
09-25-2011, 11:28 PM
AJMHABS
On to Round 2!! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Avtsyn had some decent moments but he is way too weak on the puck and lack footspeed..

Beaulieu was inconsistent, you can see flashes of brillance, he is obviously a great talent, but isnt strong enough and too raw for pro level hockey.. When the kid matures physically and gets more consistent defensively, he will be a player.. Still reminds me Hainsey at his debut but there is no doubt the celling is higher..
How did Avtsin do offensively and physically, like did he give good hits and did he contribute offensively, and was he at leat decent defensively?

Old
09-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Once again, Archambeault is making my head spin. I think this kid is a gem. His ability to stickhandle in a phonebooth and operate with such vision and speed is making me drool. You can see the ability is oozing from this kid

Gallagher had another strong performance as well.

These two kids are still sticking out.

Old
09-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Gauthier needs to go and get proven preseason performers like Brandon Bochenski.

Old
09-25-2011, 11:48 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Once again, Archambeault is making my head spin. I think this kid is a gem. His ability to stickhandle in a phonebooth and operate with such vision and speed is making me drool. You can see the ability is oozing from this kid

Gallagher had another strong performance as well.

These two kids are still sticking out.
Do you think Archambeault is going to stick with the team?

Old
09-25-2011, 11:59 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Do you think Archambeault is going to stick with the team?
No, I'm completely ruling out this year tbh. I'm talking about the big picture, and I have no problem with the orgnanization taking their time with him. It will be interesting to see how he responds when he gets sent down now that he's had a taste of the nhl. Is that the motivation he needed to kickstart his career?

Old
09-26-2011, 12:38 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
How did Avtsin do offensively and physically, like did he give good hits and did he contribute offensively, and was he at leat decent defensively?
I've found avtsin to be more impressive physically than offensively this entire pre season. Kid isn't afraid to muck it up. He has some flashes, but he's got a lot of developing still left to do. Can't wait to see what he does in the AHL this year.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
09-26-2011, 01:25 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by persh View Post
4 losses 1 lousy win in shootouts...we are doomed! Start fire sale now.
Something along this line of thinking.

Old
09-26-2011, 02:39 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
watching anyone say theyre worried about the habs is laughable

theres still FIFTY people in the damn camp, and its 4 games in 4 nights and each game has only 1 line of the 4 we will be icing in the regular season

calm down people.

Old
09-26-2011, 06:28 AM
Habs12max

Quote:
Avtsin is really invinsible so far, archambault and gallagher look much better. From what i saw, avstin look slow and always lose the
Puck. He remind me of ovechkin without the speed the shot the checking and the speed... Yeah the kid got size.

Old
09-26-2011, 06:43 AM
habsjunkie2*

Archambault and Ellis were my two standouts from last nights game. These kids look like keepers to me. Ellis seems to have some composure for a kid his age and Archambault has crazy skills.

To me, seeing the kids is the fun part, the score, not so much. Winning these games doesn't mean a thing to me, I enjoy watching our future more than I would putting out a stacked team trying to win a meaningless game. We got some kids that will be sure fire NHLers imo, that's what preseason is all about. A few kids showed they've got what it takes. I think these two will be regulars in the not too distant future.

Old
09-26-2011, 07:34 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Gauthier needs to go and get proven preseason performers like Brandon Bochenski.
Just giving this post some love

Archambault has completely outplayed, and stolen Avtsin's thunder. They're similar players, but so far this preseason Archambault has been faster, has displayed more hustle, better stick handling, and a willingness to battle along the boards.

Oh and the Whitesnake hype of Ellis was well deserved. Such a calming presence back there for us one D, and it was his first game!

Old
09-26-2011, 07:36 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

I just wish guys like Archambault got a chance to play with real NHLers instead of plugs like Masse, would be nice to see how he'd look with someone talented.

Old
09-26-2011, 08:00 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
I just wish guys like Archambault got a chance to play with real NHLers instead of plugs like Masse, would be nice to see how he'd look with someone talented.
Agreed. Also putting vets with Willsie centering them.. not sure a good plan

Old
09-26-2011, 08:16 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Archambault and Ellis were my two standouts from last nights game. These kids look like keepers to me. Ellis seems to have some composure for a kid his age and Archambault has crazy skills.

To me, seeing the kids is the fun part, the score, not so much. Winning these games doesn't mean a thing to me, I enjoy watching our future more than I would putting out a stacked team trying to win a meaningless game. We got some kids that will be sure fire NHLers imo, that's what preseason is all about. A few kids showed they've got what it takes. I think these two will be regulars in the not too distant future.
I agree with the Ellis comment. You just don't see that type of calmness for a player his age. His positioning and defensive awareness is high for his age. Love his mobility also. Such a smart player who doesn't panic. Mobile defensive d-man is always a plus!

Old
09-26-2011, 09:24 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
It's not the losing, it's the listless play the bothers me.
It's preseason... don't worry this doesn't mean anything.

Old
09-26-2011, 09:46 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
I knew they should have tried to bring back Yan Bulis.

Old
09-26-2011, 09:50 AM
SmurfsFTW
DD for Masterton

Geez the Bs ice Chara and we're surprised we lost ? He's like, the best D of the league and our forwards were AHLers for the most part, call me not surprised.

Can't wait to see the real Habs.

Old
09-26-2011, 09:53 AM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Massé is such an awful player. Just release him, he has no future in hockey. I feel for players like Berger and Archambeault who want to show their skills and are stuck with guy.

Closed Thread