HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which newer players make the team ?

Old
09-24-2011, 03:32 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

vCash: 500
Which newer players make the team ?

So we have had a few games to see the team play against the devils having watched both of them I can say I have been impressed by

1. Weise, who has come to camp with an extra gear, more muscle and is throwing himself around on the forecheck. NY can really use a player like that.

2. Erixon hasn't been outstanding in any particular area but he doesn't need to be. Just making the smart play, even the trip call against him was a good move stopping a potential goal against los diablos.

3. Chad Johnson is showing off his glove work and smart positional play. Wow he looks solid.

I am not entirely impressed so far by Hagelin or Valentenko. But then again that is what camp is for right ?

Hagelin hasn't gotten a ton of ice time and is playing the PK so I think that is a plus for him as NY probably needs another PK guy.

MDZ has also improved his overall play. I for one am really looking forward to his next game to see if he can continue to limit his turnovers. I think if he continues with this level of play he makes the team out of camp "again" probably over Valentenko, although Eminger has not been effective and I for one would prefer to see Bell or Valentenko make the team over Eminger at this point.

So who has impressed you so far ?

My guess is that Weise and Hagelin make the team over say, Christensen and Zuc

and Erixon, MDZ plus one of Bell or Valentenko make the EU trip while Staal stays home.

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 03:42 AM
SERE 24
LGR

None. Weise has no spot in the lineup. He's a 4th liner, which we have plenty of and there's no way I'd rather have him on the third than MZA or Avery. I'd eat my hat if Weise could maintain this kind of play for even 45 games. Hagelin probably needs a year in the minors. Erixon looks shaky... he has a future with the team, but maybe it'll play out like McD and we'll bring him up half way through the year. I'm not convinced he's ready. Vtank was a lot of hype over nothing. I called that one a loooong time ago. MDZ will probably stick, unless he is really bad these next few games, but even he's not a guarantee. MZA was good, not great, tonight but has only gotten in one game so far, so we'll see. I doubt Hagelin beats him out for a spot right now. Bell has actually made the strongest case so far, perhaps.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 04:23 AM
ThisYearsModel

I have to agree with none, although I think Erixon makes it initially due to the Staal concussion issue. I am not enamored with Avery or Christiansen, but I have not seen enough from any of the young-uns to convince me that they should go just yet. Valentenko has shat the bed, unfortunately. With the Staal injury, he had an opening but he was brutal last night and won't make it ahead of Bell. Everyone else would benefit more from juniors or Hartford. This is not necessarily a bad thing. We have some depth and some kids coming now. No need to rush them.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 06:32 AM
richardsequalscup*

Hagelin is lost. Not ready. Weiss has no future on the team unless either Rupp or Prust is hurt. Rangers have a great 4th line. Erixon should make the team while Staal is out. I think Bell will win a job as a 6/7th defenseman. Rangers need to develop Del Zotto. You can't give up on him after one bad season.

I think Zuccarello and Del Zotto have the best shots to make the team in a significant role. Let's face it, you can't put Stepan with Fedotenko and some other clown with no offensive ability. It's wasting his talents. At least Zuccarello can score. If Zuccarello scores but the Rangers want a bigger player on that line, they can deal him.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 06:50 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

I just don't see Zuc as a bottom 6 forward. He just isn't large enough. I think he is either pegged for a top 6 role or the AHL and Europe.

Weise on the other hand can play 4th line

not sold on Avery and haven't since last season, the guy is lost his edge and is often over it

If I have to choose between christensen, avery and weise thats an easy choice to make

Old
09-24-2011, 07:51 AM
msv957

I think Weise looks great and can make a difference on the NHL roster.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 08:00 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
I just don't see Zuc as a bottom 6 forward. He just isn't large enough. I think he is either pegged for a top 6 role or the AHL and Europe.

Weise on the other hand can play 4th line

not sold on Avery and haven't since last season, the guy is lost his edge and is often over it

If I have to choose between christensen, avery and weise thats an easy choice to make
The way I see it right now Zuke makes it. I see your point that yea he should be a top 6 to be more productive but the thing is this team has depth

To start anyway Wolski is with Richards and Gabby and the Packline stays in tact.

After that it is interesting. Zuccarello can play with Stepan and say Boyle? I think that forms the best 3rd line in terms of offense.

Feds may sneak up as well but I think he may start with Rupp at C and Prust on the 4th line

this is Torts he is going to mix it up in game even. So Zuke starts the game in an offensive role, 2nd PP unit and if its close in the 3rd a more defensive bigger player likely moves up onto the 3rd line, Feds would be the guy

Avery is the spare cause well no one will take him in a trade and EC is dumped

To answer the kids question it is none at this time. They have plenty of call up options

Hagelin has a future but after Avery and Feds walk as UFA's
Weise has had a good camp but too many 4th liners already

After that Mitchell and Newbury are good callups with NHL experience.

Kolarik if he gets healthy may get a better look. Bourque has impressed. Havent heard much of Thurresson at all.......that Audy-M kid will tear it up in the AHL........Whale should be pretty good this yr

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 08:27 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

for the record I am NOT saying Zuc isn't a fine hockey player, because he is. Its just that he is in no way shape or form a 3rd line checking forward.

Those saying he is going to play 3rd line minutes for the rangers is simply claiming that Zuc is special enough to break the mold. I tend to be from Missouri on this position.

Show me

playing him on the checking line is a misuse of his talent. IMHO

Zuc doesn't appear to play on the PK either which is also a waste of a 3rd line slotted player.

Who knows maybe Wolski fails miserably and Zuc gets a legit top 6 shot at it.

as far as Weise goes

christensen or weise ? weise
avery or weise ? weise

I don't think there is much argument to make

I think Avery has his uses like against Philly or Pittsburgh but honestly I would prefer Dale, especially after watching him play these first two games.

Old
09-24-2011, 08:37 AM
xxxZENxxx

The day they signed Rupp to that contract, Weise's chance of making this team went out the window. There is no spot for him. He needs a new a team, because he probably could make an impact on the bottom six somewhere.

Not sure what you are looking for from Hagelin. He has been mostly playing with line-mates who lack offense, so you can't really expect much offensively out of him. He has shown good speed and solid PK-ing, which is basically what the team is looking for. Remember that he is projected to be a 3rd-liner, so maybe your expectations are too high.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 08:39 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Our third line isn't a checking line though. Unless you consider Derek Stepan to be a checking forward, I guess.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 08:59 AM
chosen

For the last few months I have been reading of the greatness of Erixon by lots of posters here. While he may become great, so far I am not impressed.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 09:02 AM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Our third line isn't a checking line though. Unless you consider Derek Stepan to be a checking forward, I guess.
I'm quite annoyed by the whole "bottom-6 = grinders" thinking that still seems to prevail around here. A lot of teams go for a scoring top 9 with only one checking line nowadays and it works fine as long as some of these scorers also has some grit. With guys like Dubinsky and Callahan in your top 6, you can afford to have guys like Stepan and Zuccarello on the 3rd line with a guy like Fedotenko, Boyle or Rupp.

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 09:03 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
For the last few months I have been reading of the greatness of Erixon by lots of posters here. While he may become great, so far I am not impressed.
Agreed there. But the question becomes has Del Zotto done anything to really solidify himself and what's the status of Staal? Eminger eh, Valentenko not ready. Erixon could be the odd man in.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 09:20 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Del Zotto is making this team without a doubt.

Valentenko probably isn't after last night, but he should stick around for the trip to Europe considering Staal is out.

Zuccarello, same as usual, skilled, but poor skater and weak against larger competition. As a player is he really worth cutting two guys for? Avery and Christensen. I think Avery can contribute.

Bell should look decent, he's 27 years old.

One of Bell/Eminger should be the 7th. And the other should be in Connecticut getting top pair minutes waiting for injury on the NHL club.

Hagelin, to me looks fine. He can play a defensive role while adjusting to the NHL level. He has untapped offensive talent. And high end speed. He's also strong enough to handle the NHL. And has good stamina.

If Zucarello makes the roster, Hagelin should, too. And be put with Stepan-Zuccarello who will inevitably be paired together. This gives them a good defensive player with the speed to get back.

Rupp and Fedotenko can split time on the Boyle-Prust line. Neither NEED to play every game. Deploy Rupp when we need the physical presence. Deploy Fedotenko when skill is needed.

And Wolski isn't the right guy for Richards-Gaborik. They're going to lose the puck in the corners and along the boards too often. Theyre open ice players. They need a wall presence. And someone willing to fight for the puck. Dubinsky should get a look there. Torts would be incredibly stupid not to try Dubinsky there. And when Richard's gets chased from the faceoff circle Dubinsky can take the draw. The whole idea is for that line to have possession of the puck as much as possible. Having an irresponsible turnover machine in Wolski there, who refuses to go get the puck in the corners, is the anti-thesis of the kind of player they need there.

Wolski should be with Anisimov and Callahan. Who need some scoring and skill and can cover for Wolski's brain farts with the puck.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Dale Weise: He looked great. His hits are meant to drive the opponent through the wall, he has a good shot and can see the ice well. Compared to Newbury, who is a career AHL top-6 power forward, he looks clearly superior, so people shouldn't say he's just a minor leaguer. He's been at least as good as many of the Ranger vets like Avery, Christ, etc.

That said, I don't want to have him sit on the bench because he's still just 23. I would send him down and make him the first forward to get called up. For long-term injuries, I would rather call up Weise than play Avery or Christ. Those tho should only come in for 1-2 games when someone else needs to sit due to a minor bruise or the flu.

Next year, I definitely see Weise on the Rangers, with Feds, Avery and Christ gone.

MZA: Should make the team so that Step could have someone to pass to. Our second line of Dubi - AA - Cally should be our checking (or two-way) line since all three do that very well. MZA with Step gives us offensive fire power on the third line.

Carl Hagelin: Will be a good third liner, but not yet. Needs time in the AHL to polish his skills. Lacks the creativity to be a second liner, but tremendous speed, solid hands and good defense. Needs to bulk up physically a little before playing in the NHL. When Feds, Avery and Christ are gone, he should take one of their spots.

Michael Del Zotto: Lost all the confidence he had in prior years. Looks scared out there. Still shows flashes of ability, but he's too terrified and overthinks. He needs to start in the AHL and once he regains his confidence, he can get called back up to the NHL some time this winter.

Brandan Bell: Not bad for a #7 defenseman. Looked better than Valentenko. Not sure if I would pick him over Eminger.

Pavel Valentenko: This may be it for Vally. He hasn't looked great. He looks to be a career AHLer. In a year, he'll be back in the KHL.

Tim Erixon: Should make the team, with or without Staal. He's solid back there, calm, cool and makes very few mistakes. By mid-season, he'll be making almost flawless defensively.

Last edited by Beacon: 09-24-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 10:38 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Dale Weise: He looked great. His hits are meant to drive the opponent through the wall, he has a good shot and can see the ice well. Compared to Newbury, who is a career AHL top-6 power forward, he looks clearly superior, so people shouldn't say he's just a minor leaguer. He's been at least as good as many of the Ranger vets like Avery, Christ, etc.

That said, I don't want to have him sit on the bench because he's still just 23. I would send him down and make him the first forward to get called up. For long-term injuries, I would rather call up Weise than play Avery or Christ. Those tho should only come in for 1-2 games when someone else needs to sit due to a minor bruise or the flu.

Next year, I definitely see Weise on the Rangers, with Feds, Avery and Christ gone.

MZA: Should make the team so that Step could have someone to pass to. Our second line of Dubi - AA - Cally should be our checking (or two-way) line since all three do that very well. MZA with Step gives us offensive fire power on the third line.

Carl Hagelin: Will be a good third liner, but not yet. Needs time in the AHL to polish his skills. Lacks the creativity to be a second liner, but tremendous speed, solid hands and good defense. Needs to bulk up physically a little before playing in the NHL. When Feds, Avery and Christ are gone, he should take one of their spots.

Michael Del Zotto: Lost all the confidence he had in prior years. Looks scared out there. Still shows flashes of ability, but he's too terrified and overthinks. He needs to start in the AHL and once he regains his confidence, he can get called back up to the NHL some time this winter.

Brandan Bell: Not bad for a #7 defenseman. Looked better than Valentenko. Not sure if I would pick him over Eminger.

Pavel Valentenko: This may be it for Vally. He hasn't looked great. He looks to be a career AHLer. In a year, he'll be back in the KHL.

Tim Erixon: Should make the team, with or without Staal. He's solid back there, calm, cool and makes very few mistakes. By mid-season, he'll be making almost flawless defensively.
Not sure which Tim erixon and del zotto you were watching because I couldn't disagree more with your descriptions of both

Del zotto had a solid game and contrary to what you said above he looked very decisive and played pretty smart

Erixon on the other hand looked slow, timid, and overwhelmed for the second game in a row

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 10:48 AM
NYRangers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Took the wordsout of my mouth. MZA is good as a secondary scorer with Stepan...our fourth line is our checking line...and it's a damn good one. Let's also not forget that our second line is damn good on D too. We're solid in terms of size/defensive lines...we need more scoring...ie Stepan/MZA/Boyle

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

I think we only have to take Erixon now because Staal is out. Hasn't impressed me at all. Valentenko started off playing well last night but got progressively worse. So help me God I don't know what I'll do if Brendan Bell is on our opening night roster. Forward wise, only Weise has impressed me, but I just don't think we have a spot for him.

Ih8theislanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

If Weise earns the spot over Zuccarello I say good for him; its not an irreparable decision if it turns out to be a bad one and I think he can contribute quite a bit to the Stepan line.

If you want more 'balanced' lines then work with Stepan on Cally's line and you get this;

Wolski-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Stepan-Callahan
Rupp-Anisimov-Weise
Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust.

3 lines with physical, tough wingers all of which can score 10+ goals.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 12:04 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

I haven't been blown away by any of the kids, frankly. Obviously, the kids from the most recent draft haven't got much of a shot. Of the others, here's what I've seen:

Forwards:
I thought Bourque showed more than Hagelin in their limited exposure, but both could use time in the AHL. Thomas clearly has more offensive talent than both, but simply needs to gain more strength - wish he could go to Connecticut.

Zucarello has been meh. He keeps up with the play, but I haven't seen him have a dramatic impact during his time on ice.

Weise has also been meh. He'd be fine on the third or fourth line of a middle of the pack NHL club. But that's hardly a ringing endorsement - I don't see him as a guy who's FORCING himself onto the roster by any means.

Newbury and Mitchell are AAAA players. Good for call-ups, that's it.

I would have liked to have seen JAM play, but he pretty clearly has to go to the Whale and earn his stripes there.

Defensemen:
MDZ has been good enough... given the injury problems in the D corp. Same with Erixon. I hope the fact that they may be forced to play will take some pressure off of both and allow them to play free and easy.

Valentenko - I thought he started out well and then his play started to tail off, especially after he blocked that shot. Still, I'm worried about his footspeed - specifically recovering his positioning after a check against the boards or behind the net.

Bell - has looked like a solid 6/7 guy. But again, that's hardly anything to get excited about.

I'd like to see Parlett get some playing time before we start calling who makes it into the opening day D corps.

Honestly, the guys who've impressed me the most - in terms of impacting play when they've been on the ice - have been McIlrath and Miller. I know it's unlikely, but I wouldn't mind seeing one or both get 9 games with the big club.

Of the guys who could wind up in the AHL and get called up during the year, I think Yogan may have more eventual upside than any of the guys currently in discussion for the last forward spot. EDIT: Guess they felt it would be more valuable for him to go back to juniors and gain experience on the top line after missing most of last year - understandable, much as I like him.

Last edited by BrooklynRangersFan: 09-24-2011 at 12:20 PM.
BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 12:48 PM
ruckus*

Weise has been good, but there is no role for him at this time. Zuccarello has been invisible, and with barely any power play time available for him I just don't see the point of keeping him up here over Avery. At least Avery makes sense on the 4th line and can be a suitable piece for a line that will be expected to get the puck deep, forecheck, and change momentum. I want Zuke to succeed, I just think it's funny how any people on this board hate Gaborik for being a sniper who provides nothing else, but no one ever seems to care when it comes to Zuke. He's Gaborik minus the goal scoring at this point in his career. I don't think that it hurts him to go to Hartford and get top line minutes and really gets to learn how to play the North American game.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 12:56 PM
Ke11y96

Now that cuts have been made, I still think there's a number of outcomes still that really wont give us much insight as to who the final few spots belong to.

XXXX - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
XXXX - Stepan - XXXX
Fedotenko - Boyle - Prust

The lineup will ultimately depend on whether or not Tortorella wants to stick with what has worked in the past, or if he wants players to play within their position. Some quick hits on just looking at the players listed above I would alter it not keeping past chemistry in mind and formulate it as follows..

Dubinsky - Richards - Gaborik
Wolski - Stepan - Callahan
Fedotenko - Anisimov - XXXX
Rupp - Boyle - Prust

1st Line - Dubinsky needs to be that 1st line left wing, last night game in NJ proved that to me at least because Wolski can't play a really solid board game with Richie, and Richie has stated he likes to cycle the puck and look for openings. If Gaborik is going to be popping in and out of the openings up ice and in the offensive zone, Richards will need a guy to work the puck with and no one does that better on this Rangers club than Dubinsky.

2nd Line - Stepan is more of a second line center at this point given his creativity and passing than Anisimov. Callahan has 30 goal potential and playing with Stepan will help. Wolski's skillset will also help the overall passing of this line, and his apparent chemistry with Stepan. To top it all off Callahans quick stride and jump on the forecheck should help this line sustain pressure most games.

3rd Line - Anisimov's best games come from playing with linemates that keep a simple game and use their bodies. This is probably why the pack line worked so well early on. However given the increase in skill in both Callahan and Dubinsky I think Anisimov and his solid defensive talents and size, heading into this season make him an ideal 3rd line center. You pair him with Fedotenko you've got 2/3rds of a good shut down line with some hard forechecking flair that will ultimately land a few goals. The ideal RW for this line IMO is Hagelin with his speed, and tenacity he would give IMO the type of play Tortorella is ideally looking for to complete this line. Not to mention he has an overall better stature than Zucarello, or Bourque.

4th Line - For all of Boyle's offensive jumps over the last year he still didn't out produce Anisimov or Stepan and they all played within 30-45 seconds of each other on a TOI/Game comparison. I say let him have his PK/PP time and i'm sure the 3rd and 4th lines will have very similar amounts of ice time anyways. You get your size with Rupper, and Boyle, then add into it the spark plug Prust..It seems like an overall easier way to roll lines and know what you're getting.

Constructing it this way leaves more prominent players such as Christensen, Avery, Zuccarello, on the outs but I really don't think Torts wants Avery or Christensen on this team anyways, and Zuccarello is just the wrong type of player for 3rd line duty, although if Hagelin doesn't show some offensive promise in the remaining preseason it will probably belong to Zuccarello, or at worst case Avery. That is until Hagelin can take the spot over.

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 01:09 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke11y96 View Post
Now that cuts have been made, I still think there's a number of outcomes still that really wont give us much insight as to who the final few spots belong to.

XXXX - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
XXXX - Stepan - XXXX

The lineup will ultimately depend on whether or not Tortorella wants to stick with what has worked in the past, or if he wants players to play within their position. Some quick hits on just looking at the players listed above I would alter it not keeping past chemistry in mind and formulate it as follows..

Wolski - Stepan - Callahan
Fedotenko - Anisimov - XXXX
Rupp - Boyle - Prust

1st Line - Dubinsky needs to be that 1st line left wing, last night game in NJ proved that to me at least because Wolski can't play a really solid board game with Richie, and Richie has stated he likes to cycle the puck and look for openings. If Gaborik is going to be popping in and out of the openings up ice and in the offensive zone, Richards will need a guy to work the puck with and no one does that better on this Rangers club than Dubinsky.

2nd Line - Stepan is more of a second line center at this point given his creativity and passing than Anisimov. Callahan has 30 goal potential and playing with Stepan will help. Wolski's skillset will also help the overall passing of this line, and his apparent chemistry with Stepan. To top it all off Callahans quick stride and jump on the forecheck should help this line sustain pressure most games.

3rd Line - Anisimov's best games come from playing with linemates that keep a simple game and use their bodies. This is probably why the pack line worked so well early on. However given the increase in skill in both Callahan and Dubinsky I think Anisimov and his solid defensive talents and size, heading into this season make him an ideal 3rd line center. You pair him with Fedotenko you've got 2/3rds of a good shut down line with some hard forechecking flair that will ultimately land a few goals. The ideal RW for this line IMO is Hagelin with his speed, and tenacity he would give IMO the type of play Tortorella is ideally looking for to complete this line. Not to mention he has an overall better stature than Zucarello, or Bourque.

4th Line - For all of Boyle's offensive jumps over the last year he still didn't out produce Anisimov or Stepan and they all played within 30-45 seconds of each other on a TOI/Game comparison. I say let him have his PK/PP time and i'm sure the 3rd and 4th lines will have very similar amounts of ice time anyways. You get your size with Rupper, and Boyle, then add into it the spark plug Prust..It seems like an overall easier way to roll lines and know what you're getting.

Constructing it this way leaves more prominent players such as Christensen, Avery, Zuccarello, on the outs but I really don't think Torts wants Avery or Christensen on this team anyways, and Zuccarello is just the wrong type of player for 3rd line duty, although if Hagelin doesn't show some offensive promise in the remaining preseason it will probably belong to Zuccarello, or at worst case Avery. That is until Hagelin can take the spot over.
Except, as has been pointed out, many successful NHL teams these days roll with 3 scoring lines and use their 4th line for pure "checkers." Look at this lineup for example:

Wolski - Anisimov - Callahan
Rupp - Stepan - MZA

That gives you a checking 4th line, but also a 2nd line that's got two very solid defensive players. Both of your top lines have a defensive presence, but also the ability to score. Stepan and MZA have a (very) big body with a lot of experience to open up space for their creativity, go to the net, and stick up for them if the situation calls for it.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Ke11y96

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Except, as has been pointed out, many successful NHL teams these days roll with 3 scoring lines and use their 4th line for pure "checkers." Look at this lineup for example:

Rupp - Stepan - MZA

That gives you a checking 4th line, but also a 2nd line that's got two very solid defensive players. Both of your top lines have a defensive presence, but also the ability to score. Stepan and MZA have a (very) big body with a lot of experience to open up space for their creativity, go to the net, and stick up for them if the situation calls for it.
Thats definitely valid, in an overall comparison of careers I think Rupp has a career high of 19 points. Whereas Fedotenko is good for 25 to 30 so I still would flip flop those two. I agree though that it really doesn't matter whether its 2nd or 3rd line for either Anisimov or Stepan. I just think Stepan has a more polished offensive game than Anisimov at this point. Although on the flip side Anisimov has a much better defensive game. So it'll be interesting, more than anything I want Dubinsky on that top line.

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 02:29 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post

Rupp - Stepan - MZA

For what its worth I agree with you completely.

That would be the lineup I play for game one.

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote