Old
10-02-2011, 08:49 AM
edgevolution
GO USA!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdush View Post
some questions about prospects above...

do we still have the rights of Lehtonen, Walker and Krupp?

i know very little about Caron and Jobke, seems like both are DFD prospects from stats perspective. all i know about Jobke is he had a B- pot. from NHL 11 anyone can give depth info about these 2 guyz?

Lucia and Seeler prefered USA minor leagues, anyone knows why they didn't go college?
Lucia went to Canada to play in the BCHL, and he's supposedly playing college, he just hasn't made a commitment yet.

Old
10-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Wueste

I just noticed looking at this table that currently we have more prospects in college than we have prospects in Canadian juniors. This was NEVER the case under Risebrough.

Old
10-02-2011, 09:57 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:

i know very little about Caron and Jobke, seems like both are DFD prospects from stats perspective. all i know about Jobke is he had a B- pot. from NHL 11 anyone can give depth info about these 2 guyz?

Lucia and Seeler prefered USA minor leagues, anyone knows why they didn't go college?
To elaborate on Lucia and Seeler:

Lucia was a high school junior when he was picked, so he's a senior this year. He's playing with Penticton of the BCJHL as it's considered to be a somewhat higher level than high school hockey, but doesn't ruin his eligibility for NCAA sports. He'll be playing college hockey next year, likely at Colorado College.

I think Seeler was a senior, but he's playing a year in the USHL before going to Nebraska-Omaha to play in the NCAA next year. He only turned 18 in June, so it's possible he was a junior last year as well.

They're both going to college, just not quite yet.

Old
10-02-2011, 10:15 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wueste View Post
I just noticed looking at this table that currently we have more prospects in college than we have prospects in Canadian juniors. This was NEVER the case under Risebrough.
I'd be surprised if there were another team where it was the case. The only possibility I can think of is the Maple Leafs. Burke loves those hometown Minnesota kids. I don't think it's a bad strategy. Canada is so heavily scouted and picked over, it's hard to get anything of a value pick in the first few rounds.

The only CHL players we've picked in the first 3 rounds under Fletcher are Matt Hackett (77th - 2009), Brett Bulmer (39th - 2010) and Zack Phillips (28th - 2011). That's a goalie (which are a whole different animal in the draft), a guy considered a reach, and a pick that we didn't know we'd have until we were about to use it. Looking at our other early round picks from '09 and '10, we hit a home run in Granlund, snuck in Zucker and Larsson, and picked out and wasted Leddy. I'd say the strategy has worked.

It seems like a few other teams have had luck picking the non-CHL players. It'll be interesting to see if this strategy pans out and if there's a shift towards it from other teams.

Old
10-02-2011, 01:57 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Tyler Graovac's off to an awesome start for the 67s. Getting lots of ice time and really running with it. He has 6 points in 4 games so far. Not bad for a 7th rounder. I'll try and keep you guys as updated on him as possible being a big 67s fan.

Old
10-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Jbcraig1883

Quote:
Originally Posted by IhateDerekPlante View Post
Tyler Graovac's off to an awesome start for the 67s. Getting lots of ice time and really running with it. He has 6 points in 4 games so far. Not bad for a 7th rounder. I'll try and keep you guys as updated on him as possible being a big 67s fan.
Thanks! We will certainly appreciate your feedback.

Old
10-02-2011, 07:33 PM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanlake View Post
Johan Larsson continues to impress. 2 goals and 2 assists in 6 games, 3rd most points in Brynäs. Averages 16 min/game, 5th most of Brynäs' forwards. Last year he had 8 points in 43 games.
Certainly sounds good. If memory serves me correctly it took him 25-30 games to get 2+2 last season, and was playing under 10 minutes at the start. I also noticed Brynas added former Aeros Ryan Gunderson and Johan Holmqvist this season.

Quote:

Krupp's under contract and he's on loan to Cologne so we still have his rights, the other 2 I don't really think are relevant either way, Lehtonen has no interest in playing in the AHL(and hasn't earned himself a 1-way contract) and Walker's shown no interest in coming over.

Caron and Jobke yeah both more defensive d-men, neither really have much upside which is why they went undrafted. Caron was AHL-eligible this year, but he wouldn't have cracked the Aeros so he's playing his overage year in the WHL. Doubt either amount to anything but like Joel Broda, Bjorn Krupp, and Jared Spurgeon, Fletcher was looking to add prospects to the system without the use of draft picks. He would have done the same this year if Carter Sandlak, Dylan Willick, or someone else left a good impression but they did not.

Someone else already mentioned Seeler and Lucia will head to college next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wueste View Post
We're also drafting Swedes.

Old
10-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Monday bump.

Granlund, Graovac, and Phillips all doing well. Can't wait for the season to start so I can put some numbers in.

Old
10-03-2011, 10:31 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Phillips is already up to 6 points in Saint John? Is Huberdeau still in Florida at this point?

Old
10-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Generic User
Lafferty, Daniel

With all this talent knocking on our door eager for a spot, that can mean only good things for the Wild. I hope all the prospects feel that flame under their ***** getting hotter. For once management can choose who is worthy of getting called up. Finally spots will be earned and not assigned.

Old
10-03-2011, 10:43 AM
mnwildgophers

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Phillips is already up to 6 points in Saint John? Is Huberdeau still in Florida at this point?
Yes he is, I believe they're making a decision on him today.

Old
10-03-2011, 11:11 AM
nickschultzfan

Fletcher and co have really done a great jump to add prospects. So excited for a few years from now.

Old
10-03-2011, 11:29 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Looks like Huberdeau will be sent down by Florida so we're not going to get the opportunity to see if Phillips can play on his own.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
10-03-2011, 11:43 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Also since no one mentioned it, Haula scored last night for the U in an exhibition win over UBC.

Old
10-03-2011, 11:55 AM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Also since no one mentioned it, Haula scored last night for the U in an exhibition win over UBC.
Holla!

Old
10-03-2011, 01:23 PM
forthewild

http://www.muskegonlumberjacks.com/n...hp?news_id=211

story on Seeler, like his intangibles, and looking forward to his year, i think he will be a good sleeper pick, he can skate well and to me looked real good as in a top 3 (Brodin (1) Scandella (2), seeler(3)) during prospect camp.

lucia has 2g 3a in 4 games i belive he's 3 pts from lead

Old
10-03-2011, 01:42 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
http://www.muskegonlumberjacks.com/n...hp?news_id=211

story on Seeler, like his intangibles, and looking forward to his year, i think he will be a good sleeper pick, he can skate well and to me looked real good as in a top 3 (Brodin (1) Scandella (2), seeler(3)) during prospect camp.

lucia has 2g 3a in 4 games i belive he's 3 pts from lead
What I like about the Seeler and Lucia picks is that they won't be ready for quite some time. They should still be on their ELC in 6 years. It balances the prospect pool a little instead of just having everyone ready to try fight for the team at the same times. Gives us a little better balance for development.

Old
10-03-2011, 01:47 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Charlie Coyle had an assist on Saturday but more importantly here's a first-hand account of his play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHNJoeMeloni
Looked much stronger/bigger than this time last year. Far more confident with the puck, moving better without it.

Old
10-03-2011, 04:31 PM
cheerupmurray

Johan Larsson with another assist today, so 5 points in 7 games so far. He is a leading player on his team this year.

Old
10-03-2011, 04:59 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
Johan Larsson with another assist today, so 5 points in 7 games so far. He is a leading player on his team this year.
How's Brynas doing?

Old
10-03-2011, 07:16 PM
wildman22

What type of skills does Tyler Graovac have?

Old
10-03-2011, 08:09 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman22 View Post
Welcome to HF!

From what a friend who follows the 67s told me, he's more of a defensive guy who can be a bottom-six grinder at the pro level (and is good at faceoffs). At the same time, he missed a good portion of last year with an injury but I can't what it was. Think it was something with an arm or collarbone.

Old
10-03-2011, 09:32 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman22 View Post
Graovac was stuck on a very deep and veteran 67s group of forwards last year. Every time i watched him i left the arena thinking, this guy has all the tools to be a very good offensive player, he just needs to put it together.

This season the group of 67s forwards is significantly younger and Graovac is expected to take on a veteran role for the younger kids as well as increased ice time.

Graovac is a big guy, 6'2, and has pretty soft hands and a nice shot. His shot looks like its improven since last season, i think he's using a smaller stick and getting the puck closer to his body when he shoots, it looks like it has more zip to it. He's also very responsible defensively.

That said, I'd like to see him use his body and size better to his advantage. He seems more comfortable on the perimeter in the offensive zone, I'd like to see him attack the net a bit more.

So far tho, all signs point to a break out year for Graovac.

Old
10-03-2011, 09:46 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by IhateDerekPlante View Post
Graovac was stuck on a very deep and veteran 67s group of forwards last year. Every time i watched him i left the arena thinking, this guy has all the tools to be a very good offensive player, he just needs to put it together.

This season the group of 67s forwards is significantly younger and Graovac is expected to take on a veteran role for the younger kids as well as increased ice time.

Graovac is a big guy, 6'2, and has pretty soft hands and a nice shot. His shot looks like its improven since last season, i think he's using a smaller stick and getting the puck closer to his body when he shoots, it looks like it has more zip to it. He's also very responsible defensively.

That said, I'd like to see him use his body and size better to his advantage. He seems more comfortable on the perimeter in the offensive zone, I'd like to see him attack the net a bit more.

So far tho, all signs point to a break out year for Graovac.
Off topic, but this has been itching away at me, why do you hate Derek Plante?

Old
10-03-2011, 10:31 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Off topic, but this has been itching away at me, why do you hate Derek Plante?

I was just a kid, about 8 or 9 probably, but its a memory thats been engraved in my head ever since, and I forever will hate Derek Plante, he broke my heart.

Closed Thread