HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

CLB-Nsh proposal

Closed Thread

Old
08-21-2004, 11:35 AM
goalienut

vCash: 500
CLB-Nsh proposal

To Nsh Lachance, 6th
To CLB Hnidy, Stehlik

Nashville gets a little veteran leadership on Defense and Columbus get a D prospect and replacement.
Thoughts?

Old
08-21-2004, 12:02 PM
MS

With his age, huge contract, and very poor performance over the past two seasons, Lachance would clear waivers quite easily at this point. No way in hell would anyone give up a serviceable NHL depth defender and quite a good prospect for him.

Old
08-21-2004, 12:14 PM
HockeyMan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS
With his age, huge contract, and very poor performance over the past two seasons, Lachance would clear waivers quite easily at this point. No way in hell would anyone give up a serviceable NHL depth defender and quite a good prospect for him.
Lachance was one of our best Dmen last year, but that's really not saying much considering Andres Erickson was probably our best... But you're right, at 2 million a year for the next two years no one will want him.

Old
08-21-2004, 12:46 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalienut
To Nsh Lachance, 6th
To CLB Hnidy, Stehlik

Nashville gets a little veteran leadership on Defense and Columbus get a D prospect and replacement.
Thoughts?
Done deal.

Keep Tootoo from biting our players and we might throw in Richardson as well.

Old
08-21-2004, 01:06 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

I'll pass, I'd much rather go with the guys we have right now...Stehlik may make the team this year, if their is a season.

Old
08-21-2004, 03:46 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Smart man.....

Old
08-21-2004, 04:26 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Maybe if Columbus picks up half of Lachance's contract, and makes it a 5th instead of a 6th, otherwise Nashville is getting hosed.

Old
08-21-2004, 05:20 PM
goalienut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ozzie X
Maybe if Columbus picks up half of Lachance's contract, and makes it a 5th instead of a 6th, otherwise Nashville is getting hosed.
Sure we could do that.

Old
08-21-2004, 05:34 PM
Thundermare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ozzie X
Even then I realy don't think it'd make sense Stehlik worth is probably more than that so it would have to be a 4rth or maybe even a 3rd

Last edited by Thundermare: 08-21-2004 at 08:50 PM.
Old
08-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartender
Even then I realy don't think it'd make sense Stehlik worth is probably mare than that so it would have to be a 4rth or maybe even a 3rd
Nashville is loaded with D prospects, just replace Stehlik with someone with less upside.

Old
08-21-2004, 09:28 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I'd rather have Hnidy than Lachance, at this point, and giving up Stehlik only hurts that much more. We can deal prospect d-men, but we're more in the market for a center than a defenseman, at this point.

Old
08-21-2004, 10:42 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
I'd rather have Hnidy than Lachance, at this point, and giving up Stehlik only hurts that much more. We can deal prospect d-men, but we're more in the market for a center than a defenseman, at this point.
and besides why would we trade a dman we've had for a year especially to a division rival, when we can pick one up in the FA market?

all I can say is no chance in hell.

Old
08-23-2004, 01:10 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by goalienut
To Nsh Lachance, 6th
To CLB Hnidy, Stehlik

Thoughts?
I just don't see Nashville making this trade. We don't need anyone of LaChance's caliber on defense. He's not an upgrade, just an expensive lateral movement. Hnidy is likely worth more due to salary alone. And Stehlik is worth well more than a 6th.

It just makes little sense to do this deal from Nashville's POV.

Old
08-23-2004, 02:32 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Nashville may be loaded on defense, but defensemen with size/hitting ability are not their speciality. Hnidy is one of the two players that can clear the crease for the Preds, and Stehlik is the behometh that Nashville hopes will be policing the front of the net in the future. The prospect would have to be a different defender, like Sulzer.....and considering we gave up a 3rd for Hnidy (albeit Colorado's third..)..I doubt we will be moving Hnidy for a move that is almost lateral. Besides, the Preds need a center, not another Jason York type defensemen/salary.

The preds would be looking for a deal that involved moving a r-winger for a center, or maybe a d-prospect for a center. Such as: A Malhorta for Orszagh like move (not saying its fair.......but you get the idea). Hutchinson, is likely the first dman Nashville would move as well, as we are already loaded with offensive defensemen.

Last edited by Enoch: 08-23-2004 at 02:37 PM.
Closed Thread