HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Injury Thread - Higgins D2D (hand), Booth 1 week away from practicing

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Kagee*

vCash: 500
Canucks Injury Thread - Higgins D2D (hand), Booth 1 week away from practicing

How disrespectful Boychuk is, what a shame players can't even make a phone call to possibly ENDING a players young career.

--

Nice title, made me read through a couple of the last pages here.

Last edited by Chairman Maouth: 11-04-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old
09-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 22565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagee View Post
How disrespectful Boychuk is, what a shame players can't even make a phone call to possibly ENDING a players young career.

--

Nice title, made me read through a couple of the last pages here.
I made sure I put the question mark in there because the story itself was a little unclear on exactly what Raymond said.

09-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Wiggleboom

Do you really think everyone is out to get the Canucks? the level of paranoia on this page in this thread is very high. Maybe the reason the vast majority of hockey media and fans feel this way about the Horton/Rome and Raymond/boychuk incidents is because they see are able to analyze them critically. Maybe there really is no conspiracy.

Old
09-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Intangibos

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggleboom View Post
Do you really think everyone is out to get the Canucks? the level of paranoia on this page in this thread is very high. Maybe the reason the vast majority of hockey media and fans feel this way about the Horton/Rome and Raymond/boychuk incidents is because they see are able to analyze them critically. Maybe there really is no conspiracy.
Are you really saying, injuries aside, that Rome's hit on Horton was worse than Boychuk's hit on Raymond?

Old
09-24-2011, 03:16 PM
Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZyggZagg View Post
Are you really saying, injuries aside, that Rome's hit on Horton was worse than Boychuk's hit on Raymond?
No, he's saying that anyone who thinks that perhaps there was some piling on done against the Canucks must also believe that there was a vast conspiracy in place to do so. It's a really easy way to take reasonable concerns and make them sound crazy.

Old
09-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

Quote:
There may not be some "conspiracy" in place against us but there have been enough incidents that have worked against us throughout the season and the playoffs for it not to be at least considered. It's easy for a Bruins fan to come in here and scoff at the notion but I don't recall the last time a decision didn't go in your favor....other than the Matt Cooke/Savard hit (which was legal at the time).

Old
09-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Wiggleboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
There may not be some "conspiracy" in place against us but there have been enough incidents that have worked against us throughout the season and the playoffs for it not to be at least considered. It's easy for a Bruins fan to come in here and scoff at the notion but I don't recall the last time a decision didn't go in your favor....other than the Matt Cooke/Savard hit (which was legal at the time).
Your post just adds to my theory that many (not all) Canucks fans truly believe that for some nefarious reason the NHL/media are trying to prevent success for the team. Of course the Bruins have had calls against them, as have every other tea - the Burrows bite is one recent example (not to re-start that old argument but modt Bruins fans for obvious reason thought a suspension was warranted). The bruins had 2 players suspended last year for illegal hits, etc. So they have their share too.

I think Vancouver sports media stirs up this conspiracy stuff and many people buy it. I heard Pratt rant on for 5 minutes during the Cup finals saying exactly that the NHL had directed the officials to Cavour the bruins because the Boston owner is friends with Bettman. And he just went in and on and ended with the always convincing "and if you don't believe this, then you're a fool!" Talking to Canucks fans as a Bruins fan in Vancouver is interesting and so many truly believe is some sort of conspiracy. It is truly amazing to me that smart people would believe in such hysteria.

Old
09-25-2011, 02:27 PM
VC

Quote:
Your post just adds to my theory that many (not all) Canucks fans truly believe that for some nefarious reason the NHL/media are trying to prevent success for the team. Of course the Bruins have had calls against them, as have every other tea - the Burrows bite is one recent example (not to re-start that old argument but modt Bruins fans for obvious reason thought a suspension was warranted). The bruins had 2 players suspended last year for illegal hits, etc. So they have their share too.

I think Vancouver sports media stirs up this conspiracy stuff and many people buy it. I heard Pratt rant on for 5 minutes during the Cup finals saying exactly that the NHL had directed the officials to Cavour the bruins because the Boston owner is friends with Bettman. And he just went in and on and ended with the always convincing "and if you don't believe this, then you're a fool!" Talking to Canucks fans as a Bruins fan in Vancouver is interesting and so many truly believe is some sort of conspiracy. It is truly amazing to me that smart people would believe in such hysteria.
Just a friendly reminder that biting falls under Rule 75.2 Unsportsmanlike Conduct 2 minute minor penalty.

Old
09-25-2011, 02:32 PM
myrocketsgotcracked

Quote:

i don't necessary buy into the conspiracy that the NHL favor the bruins or want the nucks to lose, i think its just the overall incompetency that APPEARS to favor the bruins, when IMO the people running the show just doesn't know what they are doing. it is all very frustrating to watch as a fan, especially for it to happen in the stanley cup final.
and there is no way burrows should be suspended for the finger biting incident. if somebody stick their finger down your throat would you just stand there and let him?

Old
09-25-2011, 11:14 PM
JerkChicken

FYI... following tonight's game, add 2 more to the infirmary.

-Pinnozotto reportedly with a dislocated shoulder

-Rome with broken finger(s).

To be re-evaluated Monday.

Old
09-25-2011, 11:59 PM
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2

Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerkChicken View Post

Yet another reason its better to ice a bunch of plugs during pre-season... would have hurt a lot more if Burrows and Edler were on the receiving end of these injuries tonight.

Old
09-26-2011, 12:29 AM
JonnyCash

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerkChicken View Post

I am a huge fan of Rome resting for another month or so with the broken fingers... why not?

Old
09-26-2011, 12:47 AM
PAZ

I live in Canada and support the Canucks in the playoffs because they're a Canadian team (and basically everyone I know are as well so you kind of get caught up in it all). Anyways, the only actual "Canuck hate" is on sites like these. The majority of other hockey fans couldn't give a rat's ass about them unless they're playing them.

Sure during the playoffs there were quite a few questionable calls which went against the Canucks, but overall do you really think it would've won them the Stanley Cup? It is debatable, but imo probably not. The thing is because Canucks have such a huge fan base, obvious there is going to be more media which equals to more analysts who are looking to make a name for themselves, etc. It's also not like the Canucks are saints either, and their diving didn't help the situation.

People always find reasons to hate, I mean look at how many people want the Miami Heat to fail. Most of it is just because they created a "super-team" and it's going to change the league, etc etc, when really all it was is some star players wanting to play together and choosing to do so. It's no different then Hamhuis declining all offers because he wanted to play for the Canucks. It's just different context but it gets blown out of proportion.

Old
09-26-2011, 01:25 AM
CINCOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
No kidding. I started to get more and more pissed off as I was typing that and almost went off on a rant.

I don't know what is more ludicrous; the fact that Murphy would do that or the fact that nothing was really done about him admitting to doing that.

I personally know a few people that as much as they love hockey, between that incident, the Rome suspension and the Marchand non-suspension (the Raymond incident) are having a really hard time looking forward to this season and the NHL in general.
I love hockey. Spent tons of my hard earned cash on tickets and merchandise but the treatment the Canucks, and their fans got in the hands of the media during the cup run made me sick to my stomach.

I spent over 10k on Tickets, Jerseys, Center Ice Pkg, Travel (I flew to Nashville and San Jose to watch some games) and spent 2500 dollars on tickets to Game 7 of the finals alone. But I am not spending a dime on hockey this year. Instead of buying the center ice package, I have bought a subscription to a certain website which allows me to stream certain content which makes the center ice package unecessary. I cannot support a business that will so willingly defame their customers in such a way that the Canucks fanbase was defamed during that cup run.Following the mainstream media types, Dan Tencer, etc. and watching them to joy in our pain was absoloutely disgusting.

Old
09-26-2011, 01:28 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

I'll always remember the 2011 postseason, not only because of the run to the Finals, but because of the black mark that was put on the Canucks by pretty much every media outlet in the east. Unprecedented.

Old
09-26-2011, 01:36 AM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
I'll always remember the 2011 postseason, not only because of the run to the Finals, but because of the black mark that was put on the Canucks by pretty much every media outlet in the east. Unprecedented.
The riot at the end didn't help, regardless if it was started by Canucks fans or not.

Old
09-26-2011, 01:54 AM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstriker045 View Post
The riot at the end didn't help, regardless if it was started by Canucks fans or not.
The riot was the work of thugs and anarchists... did you not get the memo from Mayor Gregor and VPD Chief Constable Chu?

Old
09-26-2011, 05:55 AM
JuniorNelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrocketsgotcracked View Post
i don't necessary buy into the conspiracy that the NHL favor the bruins or want the nucks to lose, i think its just the overall incompetency that APPEARS to favor the bruins, when IMO the people running the show just doesn't know what they are doing. it is all very frustrating to watch as a fan, especially for it to happen in the stanley cup final.
and there is no way burrows should be suspended for the finger biting incident. if somebody stick their finger down your throat would you just stand there and let him?
The league didn't just appear to give a season ending, unprecedented suspension to the Sedins' body guard.

Old
09-26-2011, 07:12 AM
Abaddon*

With Mason Raymond's career over, Ehrhoff gone, the Sedins slowing down, Kesler out indefinitely, and Hodgson being added to the line-up, I think everyone in Vancouver is understandably worried about us not being able to skate with the top teams.

Old
09-26-2011, 08:35 AM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
With Mason Raymond's career over, Ehrhoff gone, the Sedins slowing down, Kesler out indefinitely, and Hodgson being added to the line-up, I think everyone in Vancouver is understandably worried about us not being able to skate with the top teams.
lol, good one.

Old
09-26-2011, 10:08 AM
addybojangles

Rest Rome. We have no shortage of d-men who can provide the same level of play. Or better (but I'll keep that out of this thread)...

I just wanted to chime in and really type out my sympathy for Mason Raymond. I sincerely hope the rumor isn't true. Let's remember, he's a young dude, and bodies can do some amazing things for athletes, especially for those who haven't been taking a toll for a number of years.

Sending positive vibes your way, bud.

Old
09-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addybojangles View Post
Rest Rome. We have no shortage of d-men who can provide the same level of play. Or better (but I'll keep that out of this thread)...

I just wanted to chime in and really type out my sympathy for Mason Raymond. I sincerely hope the rumor isn't true. Let's remember, he's a young dude, and bodies can do some amazing things for athletes, especially for those who haven't been taking a toll for a number of years.

Sending positive vibes your way, bud.
Rome has a broken hand/finger, he has no choice but to rest.

As for Raymond, I'm sure he'll be fine...they said the same things about Salo last year and he came back good as new (a new Salo is still a fragile Salo).

Old
09-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Corb

Any idea on how long Pinnizotto will be out?

Old
09-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Timmer44

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corb View Post
Any idea on how long Pinnizotto will be out?
Dislocations are usually between 4-8 weeks. I'd guess closer to 8. It's a shame because when he comes back he'll be as useful as Glass was with his shoulder problems.

Old
09-26-2011, 01:05 PM
JoeCool16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
Rome has a broken hand/finger, he has no choice but to rest.

As for Raymond, I'm sure he'll be fine...they said the same things about Salo last year and he came back good as new (a new Salo is still a fragile Salo).
I'm sure Raymond'll be back and as speedy as ever... it's always easier to talk worst case scenario. Kind of like this clip...

For instance, I remember when Hamhuis was talking retirement after his concussion last year!

Closed Thread