HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Injury Thread - Higgins D2D (hand), Booth 1 week away from practicing

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2011, 07:57 PM
monster_bertuzzi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbud View Post
enough of this team taking cheap shots Porter better get suspened and Gillis needs a goon even a plug to send in and make payback an option.
Cant be any worse than Weise..

Old
12-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

It's nice if pay back were an option. Maybe not in this case, but sometimes it's warranted and helps the team. This is usually in the playoffs, so someone who can play is a must.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:02 PM
gongshowmonkey

any supplemental discipline for Kevin Porter?

Old
12-07-2011, 08:06 PM
David71

phew guess it right that it was 4-6 weeks instead of a season ending or months and months.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Crows*

Chris Neil please .

Old
12-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Bobby Lou
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
As mentioned, this is probably a 'best case scenario' all things considered; it was definitely some sort of knee problem anyways. And 4-6 weeks isn't bad, as speculated around 15 games with the all-star break thrown in there. He'll have plenty of time to get back to form before the playoffs. Just need Hansen to keep scoring in the meantime.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Go Herbvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnycanuck13 View Post
Didnt Ballard have the same injury late last season? As I recall he only missed about 3 weeks or so.
I suppose three weeks would be possible... with a little divine intervention of course.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:14 PM
ThereGoesVirtanen
#53...the future

Thank christ.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Potatoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtr3m View Post
@sportsnetmurph
Dan Murphy
David Booth out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain. #canucks
Not a big deal.

Schedule for the next month is light and this will give him even more chance to get comfortable with the city and team.

By the time the playoffs start he should be 100%.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:18 PM
timw33

Whew. We caught a break (no pun intended).

Old
12-07-2011, 08:21 PM
ephmrl
#tanknation

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to ephmrl Send a message via Skype™ to ephmrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by gongshowmonkey View Post
any supplemental discipline for Kevin Porter?
Nothing yet.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Results
Can't Be Argued With

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
Chris Neil please .
Please no. I don't understand why this board's enamored with Chris Neil.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:25 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardok View Post
Please no. I don't understand why this board's enamored with Chris Neil.
Agree'd. Just say NO to Neil.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Why wouldn't you want Neil? He brings an element to our top 9 that we don't have yet. I'd move Raymond for him, it'd be sweet to have a guy like that on our 3rd line.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Thank god it's not not serious, looked like a knee breaker there

Old
12-07-2011, 08:51 PM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Chris Neil please .
He scored 16 goals 5 years ago and has 22 in the last 4 years making 2 million until the end of NEXT season.

No thanks.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:56 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Why wouldn't you want Neil? He brings an element to our top 9 that we don't have yet. I'd move Raymond for him, it'd be sweet to have a guy like that on our 3rd line.
Not sure if serious...

Maybe nice on our fourth line... and giving up a 2nd rounder for him..

Old
12-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Jyrki21
Realgooder than you

Definitely dodged a bullet, hilarious that a pretty substantial injury can be classified as good news, but... good news!

The toughest part is how far back it'll set him when he comes back -- right when Team America was really heating up, and you have to think he'll have to work through many of the same timing/comfort issues as his first adjustment period in Vancouver.

For those who want to "go after" Porter, etc. Be real, here, it was an accident. There are very few players who would risk their own health by trying to connect knee-on-knee, and those collisions almost always happen because of an ill-timed last-second adjustment by one of the players involved.

Old
12-07-2011, 09:04 PM
gongshowmonkey

per bob mac twitter

Kevin Porter has a disciplinary hearing tomorrow with Brendan Shanahan for the knee on knee hit on VAN's David Booth.

Old
12-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Christina Woloski
Registered Something

Quote:
Chris Neil please .
Yep. I've been a bit more on the anti-goon side, but Neil is a guy with a decent enough skill set and toughness, I'm officially on board.

I'm trying to think of other gritty, tough players that I would add to the wish list, but it really seems like it's

Goons but not skilled enough or skilled enough and too pretty boy.

Old
12-07-2011, 09:15 PM
B-rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrki21 View Post
Definitely dodged a bullet, hilarious that a pretty substantial injury can be classified as good news, but... good news!

The toughest part is how far back it'll set him when he comes back -- right when Team America was really heating up, and you have to think he'll have to work through many of the same timing/comfort issues as his first adjustment period in Vancouver.

For those who want to "go after" Porter, etc. Be real, here, it was an accident. There are very few players who would risk their own health by trying to connect knee-on-knee, and those collisions almost always happen because of an ill-timed last-second adjustment by one of the players involved.
I think that's true for the most part, but looking at Porter on the replay he was really leading with his leg on that play. I don't think he intentionally was thinking "I'll knee him", but I think Booth was almost in the clear and the only way for Porter to impede him was with his leg.

Old
12-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Christina Woloski
Registered Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Not sure if serious...

Maybe nice on our fourth line... and giving up a 2nd rounder for him..
Agreed. Raymond for Neil --- No way.

A 2nd is right for a deadline deal.

( I didn't realize Neil has only ever played for Ottawa. Hm.)

Old
12-07-2011, 09:20 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsBeReality View Post
Agreed. Raymond for Neil --- No way.

A 2nd is right for a deadline deal.

( I didn't realize Neil has only ever played for Ottawa. Hm.)
However, asking for Neil for a 2nd is like asking for Hansen for a 2nd. Just isn't going to happen. SO we should drop it

Old
12-07-2011, 09:26 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
"Suck", to me, just means poor performer, and it has nothing to do with long term potential. If you call someone skinny, it doesn't imply that you think they'll be skinny forever. If you don't include a qualifier, you assume the present is being discussed.
Your question argues the validity and detail given of my opinion, rather than the fact that what I said was a generalization, (btw, I hate when people do that "You still haven't addressed this one small part of my argument. Case closed," especially when it doesn't address the argument), but I'll play along-- I think the deficiencies in their game at this point are the same as the struggles of virtually every potential callup (lack of strength/size, poor defensive awareness)-- only in these cases, I don't believe they've shown anything that could potential make up for it (unlike calling up Hodgson last year). I don't feel that Schroeder would be able to help this team out offensively at the NHL level at this point or be a positive factor in any other way. Without being able to contribute positively, he'd be a liability (aka, he would suck in the context of what we're talking about). In general I'm okay with the Sweatt call-up, so maybe that was unfair, but not so much guys like Mancari, Duco, etc.
About 4 pages late, but this was a behemoth i could not tackle at work.

When i think of "suck", I think of worthless or good for nothing type of players. An Ellington or a Morgan Clark or a PC Labrie, not prospects who are visibly playing well at lower levels and have shown great improvement.

I do agree with your definition of a blanket statement, but i still believe it applies . The 4 players listed are a range of players that play different types of games and each have different parts of their game that needs work, but saying they will all suck/be poor performers at the NHL level right now, based on a relatively small viewing, is a sweeping statement, but thats just me. These 3 prospects have arguably been the best prospects we have on the Wolves in the past month and on quite a few nights in the last 3 weeks, have been the best line on the Wolves. If they suck... we have no one left on the farm to call up that would stand a chance at meeting the expectations you and many in this thread hold.

The bolded, my questions are the absolute crux of my argument, not just a small part. I asked in 3 ways, how you came to that conclusion and what areas were specific to them not being ready or to them sucking. If their struggles are the same as all call-ups, then who would ever be given a chance? Just those that show potential to overcome their struggles? What are the signs that point to such potential? Hockey IQ? Schroeder has vision and positioning like no other on the Wolves. Physical play or the ability to adapt to it? Well Rodin has shown that in spades. He can cycle on the wall like any true Swede can. With his face smeared on the glass and with a hard crosscheck in the back, he still comes away with the puck. He's taken a few big hits only to bounce right back from them. Defensive awareness? Well, all 3 have been very good defensively and done so consistently, and to say that they haven't, well, i'd be lying. Each of the 3 have made defensive plays that make you go "Wow, thats a great play" to save a potential scoring chance against. Rodin and Sweatt have done that with absolute hard work and a ferocious back check. Schroeder's defensive positioning has been great. Not trying putting down Oreo, but he has not done that even once for me this season. So there in lies the crux of my argument, what have you seen that makes these guys "suck" for you, to be a poor performer at the NHL level as far as you are concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtr3m View Post
@sportsnetmurph
Dan Murphy
David Booth out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain. #canucks
Great news! Sort of...

Hopefully its a good recovery and there are no linger effects. I know i still feel my sprain after 11 months.

Old
12-07-2011, 09:37 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

What Booth's career isn't over and he'll be back in just over a month?

I guess the sky didn't fall today

Closed Thread