HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Predators looking to add a forward -- Sabres\Flyers?

Old
09-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Just for curiosity sake, would Ryan suter for Tomas vanek work straight up?
Suter is a beast, I'd do the trade.

Myers - Suter
Ehrhoff - Regehr
Sekera - Weber

oh my

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 12:32 PM
maplepred

vCash: 500
Well leighton on waivers, does this mean good or bad for the trade here??

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 12:45 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Well leighton on waivers, does this mean good or bad for the trade here??
Leighton doesn't have a spot in Philadelphia. They got Bryz and will let Bob back him. Leighton has always been a journeyman goaltender. Hell, he had a 21 game stint in Nashville back in the 06-07 season. Almost got into a fight

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Any interest in Zach Boychuk?

Last edited by Cardiac_Canes: 09-29-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes View Post
Any interest in Zach Boychuk?
Does he still have his wheels? Is he not putting it together offensively?

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 02:23 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
He's basically just been passed by other guys on the depth chart. I think he needs a change of scenery because he won't really get a shot in Carolina at this point. He's been to 3 camps now and hasn't done anything to win a spot while guys who had been behind him in terms of depth have now overtaken him. Zac Dalpe (2008 2nd rounder) has made the team, Jiri Tlusty has made the team and Riley Nash has still made the team. Drayson Bowman and Jerome Samson have likely passed him as well and possibly even Chris Terry. Plus, he can't really play the 4th line effectively and he would be beaten out for that spot by guys like Brett Sutter anyway.

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Brock Anton
wat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
He needs to play in a top 6 role, which is something that he really hasn't earned. He's ineffective in a bottom 6 role.

And yes, he still has his wheels.

Brock Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 02:57 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes View Post
He's basically just been passed by other guys on the depth chart. I think he needs a change of scenery because he won't really get a shot in Carolina at this point. He's been to 3 camps now and hasn't done anything to win a spot while guys who had been behind him in terms of depth have now overtaken him. Zac Dalpe (2008 2nd rounder) has made the team, Jiri Tlusty has made the team and Riley Nash has still made the team. Drayson Bowman and Jerome Samson have likely passed him as well and possibly even Chris Terry. Plus, he can't really play the 4th line effectively and he would be beaten out for that spot by guys like Brett Sutter anyway.
The trouble is, we have prospects who need to fill top six spots because they will not be effective playing fourth line minutes. Right now we are trying to decide how Craig Smith plugs in. If we are trading for a forward, which I don't think will happen at least for a couple of months, it needs to be a vet. Our team is very young. Adding more prospects doesn't do much for us. It just creates a bit of a logjam.

Old
09-29-2011, 03:09 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
The trouble is, we have prospects who need to fill top six spots because they will not be effective playing fourth line minutes. Right now we are trying to decide how Craig Smith plugs in. If we are trading for a forward, which I don't think will happen at least for a couple of months, it needs to be a vet. Our team is very young. Adding more prospects doesn't do much for us. It just creates a bit of a logjam.
Unless you are talking about adding in a top notch blue chip prospects like Schenn or Couturier in a bigger deal for say one of Suter or Weber. One of those 2 would be a cornerstone of your forwards for a long time.

I don;t know how I'd feel about trading one of them for suter or Weber. We already subtracted a hell of a lot from our offense with the departures of Carter, Richards, Leino and Versteeg and we are already pretty stacked on defense but damn, adding one of Suter or Weber is tough to pass up.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Isles72

I think Nashville would be a really good fit for Josh Bailey for one of the Preds younger d-men who are ready for nhl minutes .

my first choice would be Josi , but the concussion scares me off a bit.

Isles72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 04:01 PM
maplepred

Dont shoot me here guys, but I was just daydreaming of a blockbuster trade between these two teams. Doubt it would happen but is value fair-ish?

Ryan suter, roman josi to Philly in exchange for coburn, schenn, and a 1st? If Philly still needs to shed salary they could always add in Shelley, but doubt Poile would want Shelley

Old
09-29-2011, 04:34 PM
ELab2

Quote:
Dont shoot me here guys, but I was just daydreaming of a blockbuster trade between these two teams. Doubt it would happen but is value fair-ish?

Ryan suter, roman josi to Philly in exchange for coburn, schenn, and a 1st? If Philly still needs to shed salary they could always add in Shelley, but doubt Poile would want Shelley
I'd want a good forward back or at least a very good forward prospect instead of Josi. But in principle it's a trade I would probably make from Philly's perspective.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

So let me get this straight. At the draft, Ellis was felt by at least one team, to be worth Sean Courterier in a 1for1 trade. Now, said player is pushing another player off the roster. The player being potentially shoved out is worth Ellis PLUS a high pick and prospect.

Do the math.

This doesn't add up for Nashville.

Hartnell for a first. I think that is around his value. He will garner an extra pick or mid-level prospect at the deadline.

09-29-2011, 09:49 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Couturier is going to be damned good. He's probably going to make the stacked Flyers team right out of camp this year as an 18-year old. That's something none of Carter, Richards, Giroux and JVR could even do. He's been a little over matched physically right now (he looks like a bean pole out there, tall and skinny as **** but he'll fill out and be a big physical forward with talent out the ass in a few years) but his 2-way play and hockey sense is making it dificult to NOT keep him. Remember, EJ McGuire compared him to Eric Lindros. I really really don't want to see us trade him but if he were in a deal for one of Weber or Suter then Couturier would most definitely be the centerpiece of the trade, not Coburn or Carle.

My personal opinion is that it's going to be a 2 man race between Coutirier and RHN for who is the best player from this years draft. I think a lot of teams are goign to be very very sorry that they passed on Couturier. All I can figure is that somebody in the Flyers organization sold their sole to the devil to get him to fall to us a #8. Very soon he could well be pushing Giroux and JVR for being our best forward and our representative at the allstar game.
What I meant was that if we had to trade on of the two I'd personally like to see us shop whoever it is to another team for one of their top line forwards. That's just what I would like to see. I wouldn't be upset about getting Coburn and Couturier in return.

With that said, I'd rather just keep them both.

Old
09-29-2011, 10:28 PM
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close

Quote:

A top 3 prospect in the world, a #3 dman, and a 1st for one year of Suter? Also the Flyers would be gaining cap (about $3m) space in that deal, not losing it.

SeanVT395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 08:50 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

More wild rumor mongering --

Preds have had two scouts watching the last two montreal games -- cue the AKostitsyn to Nashville rumors, again

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 08:54 AM
maplepred

Unless it's for plekanec or cama, I don't want anyone from montreal. We are way better off with hartnell than ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
More wild rumor mongering --

Preds have had two scouts watching the last two montreal games -- cue the AKostitsyn to Nashville rumors, again

Old
09-30-2011, 09:01 AM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanVT395 View Post
A top 3 prospect in the world, a #3 dman, and a 1st for one year of Suter? Also the Flyers would be gaining cap (about $3m) space in that deal, not losing it.
Suter's cap hit is 3.5 million
Josi's cap hit is 1 million

Coburn's cap hit is 3.2 million
Schenn's cap hit is 3.1 million

Explain to me again how the flyers don't shed salary in this deal?

Also think your under rated suter, he's a monster dude

Old
09-30-2011, 09:18 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:

If Suter were signed for the next 5 years, no doubt, he's worth that sort of package.

But he's a UFA at the end of this season. Even if you *think* you can sign him, as we do, ultimately the player has all the power. If he wants to see what sort of mega-offer he could get on the open market, he has that right.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Jray42

Quote:

He's also only under contract for one more year

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 09:39 AM
maplepred

This is a good point, how long is coburn signed for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
If Suter were signed for the next 5 years, no doubt, he's worth that sort of package.

But he's a UFA at the end of this season. Even if you *think* you can sign him, as we do, ultimately the player has all the power. If he wants to see what sort of mega-offer he could get on the open market, he has that right.

Old
09-30-2011, 10:05 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
This is a good point, how long is coburn signed for?
Since both are UFA at the end of the year, the question is basically this: If, for simplicity's sake, we assume the 1st is for Josi (an slight overpayment), then is the one-year upgrade of Suter over Coburn worth Schenn?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Jray42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Since both are UFA at the end of the year, the question is basically this: If, for simplicity's sake, we assume the 1st is for Josi (an slight overpayment), then is the one-year upgrade of Suter over Coburn worth Schenn?
This, exactly.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:18 AM
I Am Number 28

Hartnell and Carle
for
Blum and 2012 1st

NASH wants a forward like Hartnell; it'll cost. They were willing to trade Ellis for Couturier and Hartnell has more experience and proven. Added Carle to make up for the immediate loss of Blum

Flyers shed salary and get a great pairing partner for Pronger. drooollllll

I Am Number 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:19 AM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
This, exactly.
Perhaps the first round pick is conditional on whether suter would re sign in philly or not!?

Also, if a deal does happen, any chance of it involving more than just Nashville and Philly? Maybe a third team as well could be involved