Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours, Waiver-Wire

Old
09-24-2011, 04:04 PM
therhino

vCash: 500
Trade Rumours, Waiver-Wire

Couldn't find a general thread for this kind of stuff...I realise that many of these have their own threads, but I find a general thread for speculation helps to generate ideas.
Does anyone have anything?
I wrote on the Oilers board that I thought they should take a stab at picking up Valentenko off of waivers from the Rangers. He can hit, block-shots, and has a bomb of a shot. He has foot-speed issues, but then so did Regher, and Regher doesn't have a very good shot. Not saying Valentenko can replace Regher, but he could possibly replace Sarich....
I also wrote in a previous thread that I thought Backlund for Turris straight up would be a good option. This was before the Turris rumour thread was created. Now I am one of Backlund's biggest fans, but if he doesn't end the season as the top center this year, I really question his future in the organisation.
Will Baertschi stick around? Skinner showed that if you have enough skill, you do not necessarily need to be completely physically capable to make an impact.

therhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 04:25 PM
neo45

I wouldn't do Backlund for Turris straight up

neo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 05:57 PM
FLAMES666

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45 View Post
Neither, as awesome as it would be to have Turris he does not really fill a void here, Backlund is to similar and the asking price would be to high for the Flames.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 05:58 PM
FLAMES666

vCash: 1800
As for Bartschi, send him back no need to rush him into NHL action. Another year will make him that much better and we will see how good he really is when he returns next year for camp.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 07:24 PM
FLAMESTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45 View Post
Neither would I.

FLAMESTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
As for Bartschi, send him back no need to rush him into NHL action. Another year will make him that much better and we will see how good he really is when he returns next year for camp.
He needs to bulk up. While I think he could play in the bottom 6 for us, I agree, he's best off having a year to develop.

Skobel24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
I don't think Baertschi will make the team this year, but it could be close. I think the organization is going to give him a really good look this camp to see what they have with him. I am really pumped about this kid, I think he has PPG potential in him. The only thing that might hold him back from being a top player is his size, but I like how feisty he plays and I don't think that will be an issue.

Personally I think its best to send him back to Portland. One more year of him developing being a top player in the WHL will increase his confidence in his abilities. He will also be more physically ready to play in the NHL next year and I'm sure he would be a dominate player for Portland.

Another issue is creating a roster spot for him. It can be done, but it would require some work on Feaster's part. We already are carrying 1 extra 1-way contract as a 13th forward. And its better to give that spot to younger player (ie. Bouma) who has less of a cap hit and would give them good experience. If Baertschi makes the team, Feaster will likely need to make 2 trades. However, if he does earn a spot I am confident Feaster will stay true to his word and do this. The best players should make the team.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:01 AM
flamesfan5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
I agree, no need to rush one of our top end prospects, let him go back to portland and have his own team as Nino Niederreiter will be gone. See if he can carry the team or see if he just had a good year. I like what I see in him so far.

flamesfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote