HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Signs Chris Campoli..1 year/1.75M

Old
09-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Habs Junkie

vCash: 500
I guess it was a mistake, but I heard the guy say: and to clarify, chris campoli's contract is a 2year deal.

Im working now gonna tune in later to hear if they say it again but you guys all have valid points.

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Ketzlaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab junkie View Post
I guess it was a mistake, but I heard the guy say: and to clarify, chris campoli's contract is a 2year deal.

Im working now gonna tune in later to hear if they say it again but you guys all have valid points.
There is no way that PG refuses to give 2 years to Hamrlik and Gorges only to offer Campoli 2 years in late September.

Ketzlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 02:53 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzlaf View Post
There is no way that PG refuses to give 2 years to Hamrlik and Gorges only to offer Campoli 2 years in late September.
I somewhat agree with you, but Hamrlik being 37 and the contract being a 35+ like Spacek(no buyout, no demotion etc) makes it more risky plus Hamrlik got 3.5 mil/year and Campoli got half so it's not a true either or comparison.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 03:09 PM
pine

vCash: 50
Quote:

Get real. I'll take Pierre Gauthier's word for it rather than some tool on the TEAM990.

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:

I think they were talking about Chimera's 2 year extension from Washinton. You got the right dollar amount and term, wrong player and team.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
Get real. I'll take Pierre Gauthier's word for it rather than some tool on the TEAM990.
Ok there buddy, I probably didn't hear it right. No need to freak out

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 04:11 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
I think they were talking about Chimera's 2 year extension from Washinton. You got the right dollar amount and term, wrong player and team.
Seems logical.

Apparently he will wear 17

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
I liked the Wiz, but no way is he worth the contract he signed...
sometimes you have to overpay a little bit. The trick is you have to know who to overpay for. Is it better to overpay by less than a million for a legit top 4 guy in Wiz or is it better to trust a bunch of broken down has beens like Spacek, rookies who've never done squat (Emelin, Weber), or a guy like Campoli who just sucks. This combined with the fact that it looks unlikely that Markov will start the year, so we are left with Subban, Gorges, Gill, and a bunch of guys who aren't even NHL caliber.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 05:01 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
sometimes you have to overpay a little bit. The trick is you have to know who to overpay for. Is it better to overpay by less than a million for a legit top 4 guy in Wiz or is it better to trust a bunch of broken down has beens like Spacek, rookies who've never done squat (Emelin, Weber), or a guy like Campoli who just sucks. This combined with the fact that it looks unlikely that Markov will start the year, so we are left with Subban, Gorges, Gill, and a bunch of guys who aren't even NHL caliber.
Now you're being ridiculous. "Campoli who just sucks" and "we are left with Subban, Gorges, Gill and a bunch of guys who aren't even NHL caliber". Those are ridiculous statements.

Old
09-29-2011, 05:06 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Seems logical.

Apparently he will wear 17
Well hopefully he doesn't shame the team like the previous #17.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Now you're being ridiculous. "Campoli who just sucks" and "we are left with Subban, Gorges, Gill and a bunch of guys who aren't even NHL caliber". Those are ridiculous statements.
how so? Spacek may barely be NHL caliber at this point in his career, but Weber, Emelin and Campoli certainly are not NHL caliber.

Old
09-29-2011, 05:33 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
how so? Spacek may barely be NHL caliber at this point in his career, but Weber, Emelin and Campoli certainly are not NHL caliber.
and you wonder why he think you're being ridiculous ?

Campoli may not be as good as Wiz, or our injured Markov but HE IS nhl Caliber... most teams still use 6 D every games you know...

Weber is still very green, the guy has yet to play a full NHL season, not every kid is going to be a PK...

Emelin ? lets wait for his first few reg season games before passing judgement...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
What ? Weber, Yemelin and Campoli are all superior to Spacek.

Old
09-29-2011, 05:38 PM
knuck
On and off fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Well hopefully he doesn't shame the team like the previous #17.
who was it again ?

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 05:42 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuck View Post
who was it again ?
Boy, don't you remember ?

Old
09-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuck View Post
who was it again ?
I thought it was

Turns out it was

Either answer would have been acceptable.

Bill McNeal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 05:44 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Chicago fans seems to think that Campoli is the best 5th in the NHL.
Spacek is a 3rd pairing in most NHL team.

EveryDay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Campoli is not only NHL caliber but he played top 4 minutes last year in Ottawa and Chicago and most of his NHL career, why would Chicago trade a 2nd rounder for a guy that's not even NHL calibre...ridiculous!. Weber is NHL calibre as a #5-6-7 guy, he would crack all but a few NHL rosters. Yemelin is top 6 on just about any NHL team and should be top 4 calibre by midseason. Spacek if used as a #5-6 is fine as long as you don't ask him to play big minutes or a shutdown role, he is past that. Woywitka played 63 games last year with Dallas and had 11 points and a +3...again, as a #5-6-7 he is more than fine.

Old
09-29-2011, 05:51 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
I would need an explanation on how he was awarded 2.4 million in arbitration ? Damn, the Blackhawks should have had you working for them !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 05:58 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
I would need an explanation on how he was awarded 2.4 million in arbitration ? Damn, the Blackhawks should have had you working for them !
arbitrators are useless. These are the same people that gave Niemi 4.5 million

Old
09-29-2011, 05:58 PM
habsrule22

let s see how tonight game goes, before passing judgement.

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 11:57 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Your opinion is not humble buddy. You are saying all these things before the season even starts. Doing so only leads us to believe you have a clear bias towards management, not a humble opinion..
yeah Im saying this before the season starts, and its as much bs as you guys saying we are fine while the season isnt started ... isnt it ? an opinion is an opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
WOW
Hate management much?
Gauthier had the cap space - decided to use it with a 1.75 million dollar insurance policy. That's a Fail?

Spacek signed by Gainey
If Hamrlik was willing to accept a 1yr deal he'd still be here(+ he's 100 yrs old)
Wiz isn't worth the money and with his latest suspension he won't be collecting it all either
Campoli IS the Dcore reinforcement
As far as asset management I'll take Gauthier's take on it rather than a guy who thinks it's better for the organization to keep Hamrlik and re-sign Wiz at that ungodly rate
well well let me rip into your post.

hate management = hate pg ? . saying he handled our dman situation poorly hardly even makes him a bad GM, they make mistakes...and I like JM ... and him ... but im not going to look the other way when I think they failed, thats all.

Spacek is not worth the money hes getting, and if the habs management wouldnt be that concerned about getting ufa players in mtl...they would have put him in the minors at least ... regardless of who gave him that contract.

wiz isnt worth the money and the suspension he has in CBJ ....but who knows how much he would have accepted to keep playing here...like streit, or bergeron ... decent offensive dman willing to sign here which dont even get an offer.

hammer is earning 3.5 per ... you tell me who you`d have over him and for what price not the other way around... he has an honnest contract and is what washington needed to win the cup.

once again, just an opinion, sorry for not drinking the campoli cool aid ... I even like him ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDood View Post
Yeah he did..
sorry for that unforgiveable mistake.

if I may, thinking PG is stuck with spacek since its gainey who signed him is just as retarded.

Last edited by overlords: 09-30-2011 at 12:10 AM.
THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 04:00 AM
Corncob

Quote:
arbitrators are useless. These are the same people that gave Niemi 4.5 million
Err, yeah, except that didn't happen

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 05:49 AM
habsjunkie2*

When Fish on The Sand says Campoli isn't a NHL caliber dman, I've gotta question whther he's ever watched a hockey game before, seriously dude, give it up. With each passing post you sound more and more like you don't have the slightest clue.

Campoli is not a saviour, he wasn't signed to be one, but as a number 5 or 6 dman, he is one of the best in the entire league for that role. You have no idea what the hell you're on about.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 06:31 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
yeah Im saying this before the season starts, and its as much bs as you guys saying we are fine while the season isnt started ... isnt it ? an opinion is an opinion.

well well let me rip into your post.

hate management = hate pg ? . saying he handled our dman situation poorly hardly even makes him a bad GM, they make mistakes...and I like JM ... and him ... but im not going to look the other way when I think they failed, thats all.

Spacek is not worth the money hes getting, and if the habs management wouldnt be that concerned about getting ufa players in mtl...they would have put him in the minors at least ... regardless of who gave him that contract.

wiz isnt worth the money and the suspension he has in CBJ ....but who knows how much he would have accepted to keep playing here...like streit, or bergeron ... decent offensive dman willing to sign here which dont even get an offer.

hammer is earning 3.5 per ... you tell me who you`d have over him and for what price not the other way around... he has an honnest contract and is what washington needed to win the cup.

once again, just an opinion, sorry for not drinking the campoli cool aid ... I even like him ...

sorry for that unforgiveable mistake.

if I may, thinking PG is stuck with spacek since its gainey who signed him is just as retarded.
What would putting Spacek in the minors accomplish? His cap hit would still be there being a 35+.

Last edited by Mike8: 09-30-2011 at 01:42 PM.