HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gunnarsson trade

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2011, 11:24 PM
BPD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish your Czech View Post
what? How does that disprove my point? I said Chiareli overpaid for Kaberle, which is positive proof to show that Burke is good at negotiating for trades.
Burke got a pick for Kaberle. Great.

Chiarelli got the extra nudge he needed to get a Cup for that very pick.

Would you rather have the pick, or the Cup?

It's not proof to show that Burke is good at anything. It's common to see a player go for picks at the deadline, and a player of Kaberle's caliber would go for a 1st and change. All I'm saying is that if "Burke is good at negotiating trades", then the implication is that the "victim" regrets the trade.

I'm literally absolutely concretely certain that if having Kaberle meant winning the Stanley Cup, Chiarelli would have traded his entire draft for him. He doesn't regret losing his pick one bit.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:25 PM
BPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Mack View Post
Wins are almost as good as losses that increase your draft ranking.
My 8.0C center is better than your 8.0C center.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:25 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

The Ranger's don't want or need Gunnarson and won't give up anything of value for him - sorry.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:28 PM
Andrew Mack

Quote:
I think you totally misunderstood the point I was making...
I didn't just misunderstand it. I didn't even read it. I likely won't. I just read a sarcastic response and enjoyed it and decided to pile it on, right or wrong.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:28 PM
Andrew Mack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
The Ranger's don't want or need Gunnarson and won't give up anything of value for him - sorry.
Thanks Slats.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:33 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Thanks Slats.
No problem, just using logic here. Sather wouldn't trade Dubinsky for Heatley when Dubi was a 13 goal scorer. Don't think he's parting ways with him, or anybody of that ilk prospect or otherwise, for Gunnarson.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:34 PM
DPyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post

It's not proof to show that Burke is good at anything. It's common to see a player go for picks at the deadline, and a player of Kaberle's caliber would go for a 1st and change. All I'm saying is that if "Burke is good at negotiating trades", then the implication is that the "victim" regrets the trade.

I'm literally absolutely concretely certain that if having Kaberle meant winning the Stanley Cup, Chiarelli would have traded his entire draft for him. He doesn't regret losing his pick one bit.
Leafs got a pick (essentially Liles) and Joe Colborne for a player who really didn't contribute much to the Bruins.

Quote:
The Rangers are short on defenceman because Staal is injured.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:39 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn View Post
Pipe dream but here goes

To Toronto: Spezza

To Ottawa: Grabovski, Gunnarsson and Kadri

Lupul - Spezza - Kessel
MaCarthur - Connolly - Kulemin
Lombardi - Bozak - Armstrong
Brown - Boyce/Dupuis - Orr/Frattin

Phaneuf - Schenn
Liles -Aulie
Gardiner - Komisarek/Franson
Please dont bring us into this ,we have no need for defense men ,we dont want a ufa forward .And as nice a prospect as kadri is i think i can say with some certainty that he wont ever produce as much as spezza has and will

Old
09-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Dark Knight
We The North !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
Please dont bring us into this ,we have no need for defense men ,we dont want a ufa forward .And as nice a prospect as kadri is i think i can say with some certainty that he wont ever produce as much as spezza has and will
I'd much rather trade Kulemin than Grabovski. And I'll only trade Kulemin if it means Spezza comes to Toronto.

09-26-2011, 11:43 PM
Kylie Sven Opossum
DocClownSucker

Quote:

Seriously? Many trades are mutually beneficial. One gm doesn't have to fleece another to be good at negotiating...it seems to me that well-negotiated trades are the ones that are most debated in forums like this. No?

Old
09-26-2011, 11:44 PM
Andrew Mack

Quote:
No problem, just using logic here. Sather wouldn't trade Dubinsky for Heatley when Dubi was a 13 goal scorer. Don't think he's parting ways with him, or anybody of that ilk prospect or otherwise, for Gunnarson.
Here's logic: You and I have no clue what Glen Sather would or wouldn't do.

Who knows where the NYR scouts have a guy like Gunnarsson in their rankings. They might see him as an upgrade over someone and might use the opportunity of him available to do something.

I'm sure the fit probably isn't there and you're likely right in this case especially considering that no legitimate, non-fradulent source has even said New York is looking at him, but you certainly can't tell me what Glen Sather is thinking no more than I can tell you.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:48 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Here's logic: You and I have no clue what Glen Sather would or wouldn't do.

Who knows where the NYR scouts have a guy like Gunnarsson in their rankings. They might see him as an upgrade over someone and might use the opportunity of him available to do something.

I'm sure the fit probably isn't there and you're likely right in this case especially considering that no legitimate, non-fradulent source has even said New York is looking at him, but you certainly can't tell me what Glen Sather is thinking no more than I can tell you.
sure we are not GMs but come on Dubinsky is going no where

Leafs are the ones with the issue on D so they may have to move someone to make room for another

Ranger are not going to offer any of there top 12 F or top 6 Dmen so that leaves them with an offer of draft pics and/or minor leaguers

I unlike some NYR fans could see Gunnarson acquired for the right price. It buys time for some kids to develop like Erixon

Staal, Girardi
McDonaugh , Sauer
Del Zotto, Gunnarson
Eminger

Old
09-26-2011, 11:49 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I'd much rather trade Kulemin than Grabovski. And I'll only trade Kulemin if it means Spezza comes to Toronto.
Yeah i dont think coolie will be moving any time soon he is a good player ,he makes that second line .Its not gonna happen we have a pop gun offense with spezza ,without him

Old
09-26-2011, 11:51 PM
Finnish your Czech
leafs are in the pla

vCash: 50
Quote:

Would you rather have the pick, or the Cup?.
Obviously I'd rather have the cup, but that statement's pretty irrelevant because Kaberle didn't guarantee the Bruins a cup win.

Quote:
It's not proof to show that Burke is good at anything.
The fact that Chiarelli overpayed for Kaberle shows that Burke did well in negotations. The fact that in the offseason, Kaberle could have been traded to any team, yet the highest offer Burke received was a first round pick from SJ (it might have even been a second rounder, but I don't fully remember), but during the season, when Burke could only move him to Boston, he was able to move him for a (slightly) better 1st + 8.0C prospect + conditional 2nd means he got Chiarelli to overpay. When you force someone to overpay for your player (especially when there is no demand), thats a good negotiating skill.

Quote:
All I'm saying is that if "Burke is good at negotiating trades", then the implication is that the "victim" regrets the trade.
Negotiating skills has nothing to do with hindsight. The fact that there has to be a 'victim' for someone to negotiate a good trade is ridiculous. Generally both teams win trades, and there are no victims.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:56 PM
The Mauve Avenger

I don't like the idea of trading Gunnarsson, unless the return is a good one. The issue, though, is that I don't think his value is that high right now.

Also, I found this article, and it convinced me that Gunnar could become a very good top 4 defenceman in the future:

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/20...than-you-think

Warning: Stats-heavy

Old
09-27-2011, 12:00 AM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

To NYR: Carl Gunnarson

To TOR: Chris Kreider

If you guys want Gunner, thats what Burke would want back. A real Burke type player. If not then I don't see Burke trading him for Avery or w.e other extra plugs you guys have in your system

Old
09-27-2011, 12:04 AM
Finnish your Czech
leafs are in the pla

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post

If you guys want Gunner, thats what Burke would want back. A real Burke type player. If not then I don't see Burke trading him for Avery or w.e other extra plugs you guys have in your system
I think Burke would take less than that, but not too much. Gunnar is probably worth a mid-to-late first

Old
09-27-2011, 12:08 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
I think Burke would take less than that, but not too much. Gunnar is probably worth a mid-to-late first
At the deadline maybe but with all the waiver wire fodder defensemen with camps closing ,i think thats a bit much for the rangers to swallow

Old
09-27-2011, 12:10 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
At the deadline maybe but with all the waiver wire fodder defensemen with camps closing ,i think thats a bit much for the rangers to swallow
Good, I would prefer that the Rangers get some other team's reject over Gunnarsson.

Old
09-27-2011, 12:15 AM
bobbyt91
plz quote cuz bored

I remember hearing that Burke has shown interest in Christensen before, I suspect that he is who Burke is looking at.

Old
09-27-2011, 12:15 AM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Good, I would prefer that the Rangers get some other team's reject over Gunnarsson.
LOL reject? Komisarek is the reject, but unfortunately is Burke signed so he won't be waived. Leafs Defence is actually very stacked for once making him expandable rather then a reject. Players like Redden/Rozsival are what you can call rejects

Old
09-27-2011, 12:16 AM
Edgeworth*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
I remember hearing that Burke has shown interest in Christensen before, I suspect that he is who Burke is looking at.
Connolly
Grabovski
Bozak
Lombardi
Dupuis
Boyce

Colborne
Zigomanis
Hamilton
Christensen?

Old
09-27-2011, 12:25 AM
bobbyt91
plz quote cuz bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
Connolly
Grabovski
Bozak
Lombardi
Dupuis
Boyce

Colborne
Zigomanis
Hamilton
Christensen?
That maybe the case but it was still mentioned somewhere probably Eklund I personally don't like the idea of Gunnarsson going to the Rangers. There has got to be better players available then what the Rangers have/will give.

Old
09-27-2011, 12:30 AM
BPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post

Yes, we're going to trade a top 10 prospect for a depth defender because Marc Staal is hurt. This makes total sense. Rock on there, cowboy.

Old
09-27-2011, 12:56 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Gunnerson is obviously better than these types ,but i think what the rangers are looking for is a plug to fill in while their blueline gets a little healthy.Thats all i meant no offense intended

Closed Thread