HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gunnarsson trade

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-26-2011, 11:24 PM
  #276
BPD
Registered User
 
BPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish your Czech View Post
what? How does that disprove my point? I said Chiareli overpaid for Kaberle, which is positive proof to show that Burke is good at negotiating for trades.
Burke got a pick for Kaberle. Great.

Chiarelli got the extra nudge he needed to get a Cup for that very pick.

Would you rather have the pick, or the Cup?

It's not proof to show that Burke is good at anything. It's common to see a player go for picks at the deadline, and a player of Kaberle's caliber would go for a 1st and change. All I'm saying is that if "Burke is good at negotiating trades", then the implication is that the "victim" regrets the trade.

I'm literally absolutely concretely certain that if having Kaberle meant winning the Stanley Cup, Chiarelli would have traded his entire draft for him. He doesn't regret losing his pick one bit.

BPD is offline  
Old
09-26-2011, 11:25 PM
  #277
BPD
Registered User
 
BPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Mack View Post
Wins are almost as good as losses that increase your draft ranking.
My 8.0C center is better than your 8.0C center.

BPD is offline  
Old
09-26-2011, 11:25 PM
  #278
DrSutton*
Given Up
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
The Ranger's don't want or need Gunnarson and won't give up anything of value for him - sorry.

DrSutton* is offline  
Old
09-26-2011, 11:28 PM
  #279
Andrew Mack
Registered User
 
Andrew Mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara Region, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish your Czech View Post
I think you totally misunderstood the point I was making...
I didn't just misunderstand it. I didn't even read it. I likely won't. I just read a sarcastic response and enjoyed it and decided to pile it on, right or wrong.

Andrew Mack is offline  
Old
09-26-2011, 11:28 PM
  #280
Andrew Mack
Registered User
 
Andrew Mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara Region, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
The Ranger's don't want or need Gunnarson and won't give up anything of value for him - sorry.
Thanks Slats.

Andrew Mack is offline  
Old
09-26-2011, 11:33 PM
  #281
DrSutton*
Given Up
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Mack View Post
Thanks Slats.
No problem, just using logic here. Sather wouldn't trade Dubinsky for Heatley when Dubi was a 13 goal scorer. Don't think he's parting ways with him, or anybody of that ilk prospect or otherwise, for Gunnarson.

DrSutton* is offline  
Old
09-26-2011, 11:34 PM
  #282
DPyro
Registered User
 
DPyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post
Burke got a pick for Kaberle. Great.

Chiarelli got the extra nudge he needed to get a Cup for that very pick.

Would you rather have the pick, or the Cup?

It's not proof to show that Burke is good at anything. It's common to see a player go for picks at the deadline, and a player of Kaberle's caliber would go for a 1st and change. All I'm saying is that if "Burke is good at negotiating trades", then the implication is that the "victim" regrets the trade.

I'm literally absolutely concretely certain that if having Kaberle meant winning the Stanley Cup, Chiarelli would have traded his entire draft for him. He doesn't regret losing his pick one bit.
Leafs got a pick (essentially Liles) and Joe Colborne for a player who really didn't contribute much to the Bruins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
The Ranger's don't want or need Gunnarson and won't give up anything of value for him - sorry.
The Rangers are short on defenceman because Staal is injured.

DPyro is offline  
Old
09-26-2011, 11:39 PM
  #283
topshelf15
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn View Post
Pipe dream but here goes

To Toronto: Spezza

To Ottawa: Grabovski, Gunnarsson and Kadri

Lupul - Spezza - Kessel
MaCarthur - Connolly - Kulemin
Lombardi - Bozak - Armstrong
Brown - Boyce/Dupuis - Orr/Frattin

Phaneuf - Schenn
Liles -Aulie
Gardiner - Komisarek/Franson
Please dont bring us into this ,we have no need for defense men ,we dont want a ufa forward .And as nice a prospect as kadri is i think i can say with some certainty that he wont ever produce as much as spezza has and will

topshelf15 is offline  
Old
09-26-2011, 11:42 PM
  #284
Dark Knight
We The North !!
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
Please dont bring us into this ,we have no need for defense men ,we dont want a ufa forward .And as nice a prospect as kadri is i think i can say with some certainty that he wont ever produce as much as spezza has and will
I'd much rather trade Kulemin than Grabovski. And I'll only trade Kulemin if it means Spezza comes to Toronto.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19868&dateline=128642  9216
Dark Knight is online now  
Old
09-26-2011, 11:43 PM
  #285
Kylie Sven Opossum
DocClownSucker
 
Kylie Sven Opossum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post
Burke got a pick for Kaberle. Great.

Chiarelli got the extra nudge he needed to get a Cup for that very pick.

Would you rather have the pick, or the Cup?

It's not proof to show that Burke is good at anything. It's common to see a player go for picks at the deadline, and a player of Kaberle's caliber would go for a 1st and change. All I'm saying is that if "Burke is good at negotiating trades", then the implication is that the "victim" regrets the trade.

I'm literally absolutely concretely certain that if having Kaberle meant winning the Stanley Cup, Chiarelli would have traded his entire draft for him. He doesn't regret losing his pick one bit.
Seriously? Many trades are mutually beneficial. One gm doesn't have to fleece another to be good at negotiating...it seems to me that well-negotiated trades are the ones that are most debated in forums like this. No?

Kylie Sven Opossum is offline  
Old
09-26-2011, 11:44 PM
  #286
Andrew Mack
Registered User
 
Andrew Mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara Region, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
No problem, just using logic here. Sather wouldn't trade Dubinsky for Heatley when Dubi was a 13 goal scorer. Don't think he's parting ways with him, or anybody of that ilk prospect or otherwise, for Gunnarson.
Here's logic: You and I have no clue what Glen Sather would or wouldn't do.

Who knows where the NYR scouts have a guy like Gunnarsson in their rankings. They might see him as an upgrade over someone and might use the opportunity of him available to do something.

I'm sure the fit probably isn't there and you're likely right in this case especially considering that no legitimate, non-fradulent source has even said New York is looking at him, but you certainly can't tell me what Glen Sather is thinking no more than I can tell you.

Andrew Mack is offline  
Old
09-26-2011, 11:48 PM
  #287
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Mack View Post
Here's logic: You and I have no clue what Glen Sather would or wouldn't do.

Who knows where the NYR scouts have a guy like Gunnarsson in their rankings. They might see him as an upgrade over someone and might use the opportunity of him available to do something.

I'm sure the fit probably isn't there and you're likely right in this case especially considering that no legitimate, non-fradulent source has even said New York is looking at him, but you certainly can't tell me what Glen Sather is thinking no more than I can tell you.
sure we are not GMs but come on Dubinsky is going no where

Leafs are the ones with the issue on D so they may have to move someone to make room for another

Ranger are not going to offer any of there top 12 F or top 6 Dmen so that leaves them with an offer of draft pics and/or minor leaguers

I unlike some NYR fans could see Gunnarson acquired for the right price. It buys time for some kids to develop like Erixon

Staal, Girardi
McDonaugh , Sauer
Del Zotto, Gunnarson
Eminger

Vitto79 is online now  
Old
09-26-2011, 11:49 PM
  #288
topshelf15
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I'd much rather trade Kulemin than Grabovski. And I'll only trade Kulemin if it means Spezza comes to Toronto.
Yeah i dont think coolie will be moving any time soon he is a good player ,he makes that second line .Its not gonna happen we have a pop gun offense with spezza ,without him

topshelf15 is offline  
Old
09-26-2011, 11:51 PM
  #289
Finnish your Czech
leafs are in the pla
 
Finnish your Czech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Finland
Posts: 45,061
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post
Burke got a pick for Kaberle. Great.

Chiarelli got the extra nudge he needed to get a Cup for that very pick.

Would you rather have the pick, or the Cup?.
Obviously I'd rather have the cup, but that statement's pretty irrelevant because Kaberle didn't guarantee the Bruins a cup win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post
It's not proof to show that Burke is good at anything.
The fact that Chiarelli overpayed for Kaberle shows that Burke did well in negotations. The fact that in the offseason, Kaberle could have been traded to any team, yet the highest offer Burke received was a first round pick from SJ (it might have even been a second rounder, but I don't fully remember), but during the season, when Burke could only move him to Boston, he was able to move him for a (slightly) better 1st + 8.0C prospect + conditional 2nd means he got Chiarelli to overpay. When you force someone to overpay for your player (especially when there is no demand), thats a good negotiating skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post
All I'm saying is that if "Burke is good at negotiating trades", then the implication is that the "victim" regrets the trade.
Negotiating skills has nothing to do with hindsight. The fact that there has to be a 'victim' for someone to negotiate a good trade is ridiculous. Generally both teams win trades, and there are no victims.

Finnish your Czech is offline  
Old
09-26-2011, 11:56 PM
  #290
The Mauve Avenger
Registered User
 
The Mauve Avenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 696
vCash: 500
I don't like the idea of trading Gunnarsson, unless the return is a good one. The issue, though, is that I don't think his value is that high right now.

Also, I found this article, and it convinced me that Gunnar could become a very good top 4 defenceman in the future:

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/20...than-you-think

Warning: Stats-heavy

The Mauve Avenger is offline  
Old
09-27-2011, 12:00 AM
  #291
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job
 
Leafs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond Hill
Country: Romania
Posts: 4,629
vCash: 500
To NYR: Carl Gunnarson

To TOR: Chris Kreider

If you guys want Gunner, thats what Burke would want back. A real Burke type player. If not then I don't see Burke trading him for Avery or w.e other extra plugs you guys have in your system

Leafs87 is offline  
Old
09-27-2011, 12:04 AM
  #292
Finnish your Czech
leafs are in the pla
 
Finnish your Czech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Finland
Posts: 45,061
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post
To NYR: Carl Gunnarson

To TOR: Chris Kreider

If you guys want Gunner, thats what Burke would want back. A real Burke type player. If not then I don't see Burke trading him for Avery or w.e other extra plugs you guys have in your system
I think Burke would take less than that, but not too much. Gunnar is probably worth a mid-to-late first

Finnish your Czech is offline  
Old
09-27-2011, 12:08 AM
  #293
topshelf15
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish your Czech View Post
I think Burke would take less than that, but not too much. Gunnar is probably worth a mid-to-late first
At the deadline maybe but with all the waiver wire fodder defensemen with camps closing ,i think thats a bit much for the rangers to swallow

topshelf15 is offline  
Old
09-27-2011, 12:10 AM
  #294
mooseOAK*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
At the deadline maybe but with all the waiver wire fodder defensemen with camps closing ,i think thats a bit much for the rangers to swallow
Good, I would prefer that the Rangers get some other team's reject over Gunnarsson.

mooseOAK* is offline  
Old
09-27-2011, 12:15 AM
  #295
bobbyt91
plz quote cuz bored
 
bobbyt91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,470
vCash: 500
I remember hearing that Burke has shown interest in Christensen before, I suspect that he is who Burke is looking at.

bobbyt91 is offline  
Old
09-27-2011, 12:15 AM
  #296
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job
 
Leafs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond Hill
Country: Romania
Posts: 4,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Good, I would prefer that the Rangers get some other team's reject over Gunnarsson.
LOL reject? Komisarek is the reject, but unfortunately is Burke signed so he won't be waived. Leafs Defence is actually very stacked for once making him expandable rather then a reject. Players like Redden/Rozsival are what you can call rejects

Leafs87 is offline  
Old
09-27-2011, 12:16 AM
  #297
Edgeworth*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
I remember hearing that Burke has shown interest in Christensen before, I suspect that he is who Burke is looking at.
Connolly
Grabovski
Bozak
Lombardi
Dupuis
Boyce

Colborne
Zigomanis
Hamilton
Christensen?

Edgeworth* is offline  
Old
09-27-2011, 12:25 AM
  #298
bobbyt91
plz quote cuz bored
 
bobbyt91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
Connolly
Grabovski
Bozak
Lombardi
Dupuis
Boyce

Colborne
Zigomanis
Hamilton
Christensen?
That maybe the case but it was still mentioned somewhere probably Eklund I personally don't like the idea of Gunnarsson going to the Rangers. There has got to be better players available then what the Rangers have/will give.

bobbyt91 is offline  
Old
09-27-2011, 12:30 AM
  #299
BPD
Registered User
 
BPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post
To NYR: Carl Gunnarson

To TOR: Chris Kreider

If you guys want Gunner, thats what Burke would want back. A real Burke type player. If not then I don't see Burke trading him for Avery or w.e other extra plugs you guys have in your system
Yes, we're going to trade a top 10 prospect for a depth defender because Marc Staal is hurt. This makes total sense. Rock on there, cowboy.

BPD is offline  
Old
09-27-2011, 12:56 AM
  #300
topshelf15
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Good, I would prefer that the Rangers get some other team's reject over Gunnarsson.
Gunnerson is obviously better than these types ,but i think what the rangers are looking for is a plug to fill in while their blueline gets a little healthy.Thats all i meant no offense intended

topshelf15 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.