HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Sestito dirty hit (suspended preseason + 2 games)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-28-2011, 03:38 PM
  #201
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus
 
Classic Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 34,063
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFRONE View Post
An offender under a different disciplinarian and under a different set of rules/guidelines
Doesn't matter.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 03:42 PM
  #202
IBleedUnionBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedUnionBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,138
vCash: 15000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
How come everyone fails to recognize the fact that Wiz, for example, was a repeat offender? Sestito was not. Huge difference.
Do you even know Sestito? He aint a repeat offender because he isnt an NHL caliber talent. He hasnt played enough games to become a repeat offender. His whole game is based upon physicality. He prided himself on the "Bruise Brother" nickname (with Boll) during his brief call-up last year. His twitter posts take pride in his fights.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 03:44 PM
  #203
luongo321
Registered User
 
luongo321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 12,058
vCash: 50
So what's Shanahan's formula for the suspension length difference for a first-time offender vs. a multiple offender? The fans/players should have some idea of how much the suspension length may differ for similar acts. All this really ends up showing is that first timers/superstars WILL be dealt with less severely because most of them have never been suspended. Enough of the nonsense. There shouldnt be this much of a discrepancy. If nothing else take off 1 or 2 of the suspension length for first timers. Compared to the other hits, this is even worse.

luongo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 03:44 PM
  #204
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vimmerby, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 13,649
vCash: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
Do you even know Sestito? He aint a repeat offender because he isnt an NHL caliber talent. He hasnt played enough games to become a repeat offender. His whole game is based upon physicality. He prided himself on the "Bruise Brother" nickname (with Boll) during his brief call-up last year. His twitter posts take pride in his fights.
Obviously I know him, I'm a Flyers fan.
And it doesn't matter if he's not a repeat offender because he's a rookie or a previously very clean player. And why wouldn't he take pride in what he does?

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 03:45 PM
  #205
IBleedUnionBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedUnionBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,138
vCash: 15000
So the message the NHL sends out is: board a defenseless player from behind and drive their head through the glass and into the 3rd row.

And be sure to replay the hit repeatedly on NHL network for ratings along with all the other fights of the day.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 03:51 PM
  #206
luongo321
Registered User
 
luongo321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 12,058
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
So the message the NHL sends out is: board a defenseless player from behind and drive their head through the glass and into the 3rd row.

And be sure to replay the hit repeatedly on NHL network for ratings along with all the other fights of the day.
First time offender because Mr. Campbell was too spineless to suspend them in the past? Slap on the wrist.

Not a first time offender? 4 times the length.

luongo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 03:59 PM
  #207
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,657
vCash: 500
I love this. I'm giving this big turd a piece of my mind and he's responding. Lovely way to spend some long hours at work!

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 04:32 PM
  #208
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Country: United States
Posts: 2,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
I love this. I'm giving this big turd a piece of my mind and he's responding. Lovely way to spend some long hours at work!
I honestly don't mean this in a bad way, but you as a "nobody" and him as a pro-athlete-- he would have to clearly win your argument to not look bad. And he's not winning. I find it hilarious. That was just stupid on his part to even respond. He's quieted down a little now, though, eh?

ManOnTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 04:38 PM
  #209
GOB Bluth
Registered User
 
GOB Bluth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
I love this. I'm giving this big turd a piece of my mind and he's responding. Lovely way to spend some long hours at work!
lol i just read your exchange, what a POS that guy is.

GOB Bluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 04:48 PM
  #210
Skraut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Enter city here
Posts: 10,362
vCash: 500
In 2 hours I'm about to play beer league hockey. Normally I use one of my 3 Tom Sestito game used sticks. I use 'em because they fit me perfectly, were a RBK 10K stick for $40, and I had a chance to meet Tom a couple times when he was in Columbus.

Pretty sure I'm grabbing my SherWood 5030 tonight. Not only is the hit sickening, the punishment is a joke.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 04:53 PM
  #211
Cypher
#GenieArmy
 
Cypher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,175
vCash: 50
I think how much ice time these players (Sestito, Shelly, etc.) get per game should be factored into the length of a suspension (the less TOI they play, the longer they should be suspended). But that's just me.

Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 05:03 PM
  #212
leesmith
Still in.
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 17,104
vCash: 500
This is wrong. How can you justify giving Staubitz 6 games and this clown only 2? And in my book, Staubitz deserved more.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 05:08 PM
  #213
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
I honestly don't mean this in a bad way, but you as a "nobody" and him as a pro-athlete-- he would have to clearly win your argument to not look bad. And he's not winning. I find it hilarious. That was just stupid on his part to even respond. He's quieted down a little now, though, eh?
I have to stop. It's just down to being silly now.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 05:17 PM
  #214
Loosie
Registered User
 
Loosie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
I have to stop. It's just down to being silly now.
That was fun to read, especially with more people getting into it

Loosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 05:21 PM
  #215
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Country: United States
Posts: 2,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
I have to stop. It's just down to being silly now.
Tell him he can buy a screenplay, but only at a one-way price.

ManOnTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 05:47 PM
  #216
beauchamp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
^^What the hell does the quote you quoted me on have to do with this?
I used your post to put the next quote in context (the guy quoted you).

You don't seem to be part of that subset.


beauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 05:47 PM
  #217
Skraut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Enter city here
Posts: 10,362
vCash: 500
The real lesson in all of this...

Hit Matt Clackson, an AHL'er, get a 1 regular season game suspension.
Hit Darryl Boyce, an AHL'er, get 5 regular season game suspension because of your record.
Hit Cody Bass, an AHL'er, Get 3 regular season games suspension.
Hit Joe Colborne, an AHL'er, Don't get suspended any regular season games.
Hit Andre Deveaux, an AHL'er, Get suspended for 2 regular season games.
Leave the bench to fight Mike Duco, an AHL'er Get suspended 5 regular season games.

Hit Cal Clutterbuck, an NHL'er and get suspended 8 regular season games.

a former NHLPA member protects his own...

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 05:51 PM
  #218
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH
 
Follower of Yzlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 16,273
vCash: 134
Wiz has a pretty long history. Shelley also has a history. This is the first time Sestito has come up on the radar (and I believe he's been waived by the Flyers since, has he not?). Anyway, while I think the hit could have easily earned a longer suspension, as long as Shanny is consistent with his punishments, which so far it has seemed fairly consistent, I'm fine with it.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 06:01 PM
  #219
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
It's much more of a shameless coward act to drill someone from behind like Sestito.
If you're expecting objectivity from flyer fans you might as well be waiting for Godot.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 06:32 PM
  #220
JacketsFanWest
Registered User
 
JacketsFanWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,816
vCash: 500
If Shanny wants to send a serious message, then take a punk like Sestito out for 10 games.

One of the problems with dangerous hits is that idiots like him that that are willing to do anything to be energy line players and hit everything in sight. He saw a player who was in a vulnerable position and skated right into him.

The first time offender defense doesn't apply here. This doesn't belong in the NHL. If Sestito or any other wannabe grinders want to make it to the NHL, then they need to control themselves and make better decisions.

Is this really going to be a deterrent? Or are players going to think that they have a freebie since they don't have a record?

Also, look at Sestito's record in the AHL and the number of times he's been suspended there.

JacketsFanWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 06:33 PM
  #221
SharksFan1
Registered User
 
SharksFan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangerSince05 View Post
So is Avery
Avery is the douchiest player in the NHL.

SharksFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.