HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Jagr Thread Part II: Moves Like Jagr

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-03-2011, 04:55 PM
  #351
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
hmmmmm... Mark Recchi has the flyers single season points record at 123.. jagr needs to get 124 to pass mario.. COINCIDENCE? Two birds with one stone?!?!?!? He has the Rangers point record at 123 also.

Jagr also holds single season goal record for rangers at 54, the Flyers are 53 Bill Barber & Rick MacLeish.

So those are some Jagr goals that i am looking at. Single season goals & points & passing mario. Will it happen? Probably not. But if they get on the PP a lot, he has a shot (no pun intended). I hear there will be more penalties called this year and the game is suited perfectly for jagr. I can't wait.
Ah, Reggie Leach scored 61 goals for the Flyers in 75/76.

Your going to be waiting longer than this Season.

VanSciver is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 04:56 PM
  #352
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
I did, i live around DC so i was watching Ovechkin and the caps. It was really fun the 1st year without jagr due to Ovechkin's awesome play.. ovechkin was Jagr-like, but not quite as good. It was sad to see ovechkin slow down and lose out to that pansy crysby.. very sad. I'm the kind of guy that cheers for a superstar. It's lame, i know, but if i'm going to invest my time in watching something for 3-4 hours, 3-4 times a week, it better be good. I don't care about local teams or teams in general, i like superstars. Growing up i watched Jordan, Roberto Baggio & Jagr. If they weren't amazing it's not worth watching. Sorry i was spoiled.
Crosby isn't a Superstar?

VanSciver is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 05:01 PM
  #353
jagrgodr
Registered User
 
jagrgodr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Crosby isn't a Superstar?
He is put i don't just pick out the most popular superstars like in my childhood. Crosby is a.. how you say.. little girl. His constant whining to the refs (not talking to the refs.. WHINING. You can see it in his eyes..) and his cheap ways of getting into fights (jumping people off the faceoff with their heads down). Also he was the face of the NHL when at the time to me it seemed Ovechkin was a better player. I liked Ovechkin but i just didn't like his personality either off ice, in fact i hated it. He drives crazy around time, parties a lot (i know) and the fame has got to his head, and it showed last season.

jagrgodr is online now  
Old
10-03-2011, 05:03 PM
  #354
jagrgodr
Registered User
 
jagrgodr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Ah, Reggie Leach scored 61 goals for the Flyers in 75/76.

Your going to be waiting longer than this Season.
Sorry you are right, i was looking at carear post season.. too much smoke :-D

61 is very unlikely to happen. Pretty much not a chance.. except it's Jagr :-D so i would say he has a 5% chance of breaking it.

jagrgodr is online now  
Old
10-03-2011, 05:04 PM
  #355
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
He is put i don't just pick out the most popular superstars like in my childhood. Crosby is a.. how you say.. little girl. His constant whining to the refs (not talking to the refs.. WHINING. You can see it in his eyes..) and his cheap ways of getting into fights (jumping people off the faceoff with their heads down). Also he was the face of the NHL when at the time to me it seemed Ovechkin was a better player. I liked Ovechkin but i just didn't like his personality either off ice, in fact i hated it. He drives crazy around time, parties a lot (i know) and the fame has got to his head, and it showed last season.

Crosby whining is a bunch of BS. Jagr doesn't have anything negative about him? Fame had nothing to do with Ovechkin's Season last year. Injuries did. How can you be so off base?

VanSciver is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 05:05 PM
  #356
jagrgodr
Registered User
 
jagrgodr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Crosby whining is a bunch of BS. Jagr doesn't have anything negative about him? Fame had nothing to do with Ovechkin's Season last year. Injuries did. How can you be so off base?
No. Jagr is Godlike.. so perfect





i bet he's saying nice things to crosby

jagrgodr is online now  
Old
10-03-2011, 05:10 PM
  #357
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
No. Jagr is Godlike.. so perfect
LMAO. I've seen Jagr flat out quit in games. Something you'll never see from Crosby.

VanSciver is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 05:10 PM
  #358
Flyerfan808
Registered User
 
Flyerfan808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honolulu, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
No. Jagr is Godlike.. so perfect





i bet he's saying nice things to crosby
Crosby: You know, I really idolized you as a child.

Jagr: Yeah, well I ****ed your mother.

Flyerfan808 is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 06:54 PM
  #359
livewell68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Crosby whining is a bunch of BS. Jagr doesn't have anything negative about him? Fame had nothing to do with Ovechkin's Season last year. Injuries did. How can you be so off base?
Ovechkin becoming fat was because of injuries? So Ovechkin played more than 75 games, yet because he didn't play well, the excuse was he was injured?

In 2007-08, how do we know that Jagr wasn't injured? Maybe Jagr was nursing injuries without making it public and complaining about it?

In fact that season Jagr's groin and his shoulder both bothered him. Or wait a second, Jagr was declining?

Ovechkin wasn't fat last year, it was Semin wasn't it?

livewell68 is online now  
Old
10-03-2011, 06:57 PM
  #360
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 33,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
Crosby: You know, I really idolized you as a child.

Jagr: Yeah, well I ****ed your mother.
Man I needed that laugh.

SolidSnakeUS is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 07:03 PM
  #361
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jags6868 View Post
Ovechkin becoming fat was because of injuries? So Ovechkin played more than 75 games, yet because he didn't play well, the excuse was he was injured?

In 2007-08, how do we know that Jagr wasn't injured? Maybe Jagr was nursing injuries without making it public and complaining about it?

In fact that season Jagr's groin and his shoulder both bothered him. Or wait a second, Jagr was declining?

Ovechkin wasn't fat last year, it was Semin wasn't it?
Please point out where I said anything about Oveckin being fat? You crack me up seriously. It was talked about all Season that Ovechkin had some physical issues, that affected his play.

I didn't say one thing about an injuries that Jagr had in past Seasons. I don't know where your getting that from. LOL

VanSciver is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 07:08 PM
  #362
livewell68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Please point out where I said anything about Oveckin being fat? You crack me up seriously. It was talked about all Season that Ovechkin had some physical issues, that affected his play.

I didn't say one thing about an injuries that Jagr had in past Seasons. I don't know where your getting that from. LOL
Do you recognize sarcasm? I was the one who said Ovechkin was fat. The Ovechkin fans and his team needed an excuse for his under 90 Pts, under 40 goals performance. What was the best excuse, injuries.

Many fans know Ovechkin had a weight problem.

Do you want to know the real reason why Ovechkin didn't dominate?

Here it is.


livewell68 is online now  
Old
10-03-2011, 07:12 PM
  #363
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jags6868 View Post
Do you recognize sarcasm? I was the one who said Ovechkin was fat. The Ovechkin fans and his team needed an excuse for his under 90 Pts, under 40 goals performance. What was the best excuse, injuries.

Many fans know Ovechkin had a weight problem.

Do you want to know the real reason why Ovechkin didn't dominate?
Ovechkin doesn't have a weight problem. That's pure nonsense.

Let's not get off topic. I'm still waiting for you to address the questions I posed to you on Jagr.

VanSciver is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 07:17 PM
  #364
livewell68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Ovechkin doesn't have a weight problem. That's pure nonsense.

Let's not get off topic. I'm still waiting for you to address the questions I posed to you on Jagr.
So was that picture a fake? Ask anyone in the Flyers section if they think Ovechkin had a weight problem.

He's 26, in the middle of his prime and was rather content with drinking, eating a lot, not training and party with girls.

Do you want me to post all the articles that talk about Ovechkin's weight problems? In his rookie season he was 208 lbs, in his 2007-08 Art Ross season he was 215 lbs. Last season he was 235 lbs, and no he didn't add muscle.

Just like how you like to not respond when you please or refuse to admit when you're wrong, I'm going to give you a similar response to what you gave in an earlier thread.

"This doesn't deserve a response."

livewell68 is online now  
Old
10-03-2011, 07:23 PM
  #365
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jags6868 View Post
So was that picture a fake? Ask anyone in the Flyers section if they think Ovechkin had a weight problem.

He's 26, in the middle of his prime and was rather content with drinking, eating a lot, not training and party with girls.

Do you want me to post all the articles that talk about Ovechkin's weight problems? In his rookie season he was 208 lbs, in his 2007-08 Art Ross season he was 215 lbs. Last season he was 235 lbs, and no he didn't add muscle.

Just like how you like to not respond when you please or refuse to admit when you're wrong, I'm going to give you a similar response to what you gave in an earlier thread.

"This doesn't deserve a response."

Only one problem, I haven't been wrong!
Knock yourself out! LOL. You have no idea whether he added muscle or not. Anyway, not interested in getting into a long discussion on Ovechkin. So stop deflecting and back to Jagr. I still want to know if your willing to answer to answer the questions I posed to you on Jagr? Do I need to re post it?

VanSciver is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 07:27 PM
  #366
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,007
vCash: 500
As someone living in DC, following the Capitals pretty closely, having many friends who are Caps fans, knowing a number of Caps' journalists and bloggers out here, having gone to many Caps practices and games, and having somewhat of a soft spot for our neighbors to the south...

I can assure you that Ovechkin had a weight problem. Apparently that has been corrected this offseason. We'll see.

CS is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 07:30 PM
  #367
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
As someone living in DC, following the Capitals pretty closely, having many friends who are Caps fans, knowing a number of Caps' journalists and bloggers out here, having gone to many Caps practices and games, and having somewhat of a soft spot for our neighbors to the south...

I can assure you that Ovechkin had a weight problem. Apparently that has been corrected this offseason. We'll see.
You need to provide far more to substantiate that than what you offered.

VanSciver is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 07:31 PM
  #368
livewell68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Only one problem, I haven't been wrong!
Knock yourself out! LOL. You have no idea whether he added muscle or not. Anyway, not interested in getting into a long discussion on Ovechkin. So stop deflecting and back to Jagr. I still want to know if your willing to answer to answer the questions I posed to you on Jagr? Do I need to re post it?
You have been wrong, time and time again.

Everyone said your argument of Jagr not having any suitors was incorrect yet you were insistent that you were right and everyone one else was wrong.

We all told you that the Flyers were only among a dozen teams that were interested in him, what was your response? "There was no bidding war on him" when clearly your argument was wrong to begin with.

90% of the fans on here who watched Jagr play in preseason said he was dominant, yet your argument was (this despite the fact that everyone said the opposite) that he wasn't dominant and couldn't create his own plays.

When people asked you what game you watched, you replied with ignorant and arrogant remarks as if your view of hockey far exceeds everyone else's.

You can repost whatever you want 100 times but it won't change the fact that you pressure others to address your posts but when one asks that of you, you refuse it and then you turn it around and claim that you are right and everyone else is wrong.


Last edited by livewell68: 10-03-2011 at 07:40 PM.
livewell68 is online now  
Old
10-03-2011, 07:33 PM
  #369
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
You need to provide far more to substantiate that than what you offered.
You need to provide far more in terms of respectable argumentation before other people take you seriously.

This isn't a "I haven't been wrong yet." party. You actually have to say things that make sense first.

Not that I think Jagr is going to drop more than 65 at the MOST, but saying things like "Ovechkin never had a weight problem." does not help your argument.

CS is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 07:35 PM
  #370
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
You need to provide far more in terms of respectable argumentation before other people take you seriously.

This isn't a "I haven't been wrong yet." party. You actually have to say things that make sense first.
That's your opinion and your entitled to it. I don't have an issue with making sense. Such as pointing out the key point in the article on Carter and Richards that you missed. Waiting for a reply on that.

Ovechkin led all Caps forwards in icetime, and was in the top 10 in the NHL in icetime among forwards. Weight wasn't the issue.

VanSciver is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 07:38 PM
  #371
livewell68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
You need to provide far more to substantiate that than what you offered.
Instead of acting like smart *ss and acting like your sh** don't stick what don't you just take a quick second and google ovechkin weight and see how many hits you will get. There are pictures and stories posted all over the Internet about it, to the point where Ovechkin himself had to address it.

Does this look like a fit, dominant athlete who is in his prime?







Need more proof?

livewell68 is online now  
Old
10-03-2011, 07:40 PM
  #372
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jags6868 View Post
You have been wrong, time and time again.

Everyone said your argument of Jagr not having any suitors was incorrect yet you were insistent that you were wrong and everyone one else was wrong.
We all told you that the Flyers were only among a dozen teams that were interested in him, what was your response? "There was no bidding war on him" when clearly your argument was wrong to begin with.
Your replies to that shows clearly that have no idea what my point was there. You didn't understand it then, and you obviously still don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags6868 View Post
90% of the fans on here who watched Jagr play in preseason said he was dominant, yet your argument was (this despite the fact that everyone said the opposite) that he wasn't dominant and couldn't create his own plays.

When people asked you what game you watched, you replied with ignorant and arrogant remarks as if your view of hockey far exceeds everyone else's.

You can repost whatever you want 100 times but it won't change the fact that you pressure others to address your posts but when one asks that of you, you refuse it and then you turn it around and claim that you are right and everyone else is wrong.
When one is confident and sure of his opinions, he doesn't have to have others validate it for him. I stand on my own opinions, and don't need others to agree with me. You seem to.

If we need to review what I said, we can do that. Because you got it wrong. I said Jagr wasn't dominant in 5 on 5 play. And he wasn't.

VanSciver is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 07:41 PM
  #373
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
That's your opinion and your entitled to it. I don't have an issue with making sense. Such as pointing out the key point in the article on Carter and Richards that you missed. Waiting for a reply on that.
I haven't read the article, nor do I plan on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Ovechkin led all Caps forwards in icetime, and was in the top 10 in the NHL in icetime among forwards. Weight wasn't the issue.
Um...

Just because he got plenty of ice time does not mean weight wasn't effecting his game. Ovechkin one-step behind his in-shape self is still not Ovechkin regardless of how much you throw him on the ice.

CS is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 07:42 PM
  #374
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jags6868 View Post
Instead of acting like smart *ss and acting like your sh** don't stick what don't you just take a quick second and google ovechkin weight and see how many hits you will get. There are pictures and stories posted all over the Internet about it, to the point where Ovechkin himself had to address it.

Does this look like a fit, dominant athlete who is in his prime?
And if it's on the internet, it must be true! LOL

Do you honestly think those pictures mean anything? LOL

And I can understand why you want to deflect away from the Jagr questions. There's no rule that says you have to answer them. It's just that answering them would completely point out the flaws in your argument.

VanSciver is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 07:45 PM
  #375
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I haven't read the article, nor do I plan on it.
Well then how could you possibly say the author is incorrect. Any credible Hockey analyst on any level would read an article from an objective point of view. Explains a lot. This is the same as when you said Ottawa made a mistake in their draft pick this year, when a single game hasn't been played.

Um...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Just because he got plenty of ice time does not mean weight wasn't effecting his game. Ovechkin one-step behind his in-shape self is still not Ovechkin regardless of how much you throw him on the ice.
A player who is out of shape simply can't play that many minutes at the level that Ovechkin played at last year. And if his weight is affecting him that much, a Coach would notice it and cut down his icetime.

VanSciver is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.