HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Jagr Thread Part II: Moves Like Jagr

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-28-2011, 12:20 PM
  #151
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 7,358
vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTentsProductions View Post
yeah its called not having an AHL pairing on the ice.
The only AHL guy on the ice short-handed was Bickell, because Rinaldo knocked Sauer out of the game. Girardi, McDonagh, Del Zotto, and Erixon all had at least 2 mins of SH ice time.

sobrien is offline  
Old
09-28-2011, 12:48 PM
  #152
phillyfanatic
Registered User
 
phillyfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
clearly the overwhelming majority are just blindly focused on goals and assists.
Such as the scorekeepers. Apparently at the end of each game the winner is determined by the team with the most goals. I always thought it was the team that played hardest.

phillyfanatic is offline  
Old
09-28-2011, 04:38 PM
  #153
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
He actually looked quite strong in all of that. He didn't get too many chances in the defensive zone, because it seemed like whenever he was on the ice, the Flyers were in the offensive zone. But he made some excellent and savvy forechecking plays as well as some fantastic neutral zone plays. He made up for his lacking speed with some nifty stick work in a lot of the aspects you mentioned.

Maybe you didn't watch the whole game?
I watched the whole game. Overall, at ES, he was average in my opinion.


Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
Such as the scorekeepers. Apparently at the end of each game the winner is determined by the team with the most goals. I always thought it was the team that played hardest.
Yep, and those other aspects of the game I mentioned. Who plays best in those areas go a long way towards having the most goals at the end of the game!

VanSciver is offline  
Old
09-28-2011, 11:11 PM
  #154
InTentsProductions*
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
The only AHL guy on the ice short-handed was Bickell, because Rinaldo knocked Sauer out of the game. Girardi, McDonagh, Del Zotto, and Erixon all had at least 2 mins of SH ice time.
i was talking about even strength

InTentsProductions* is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 03:15 AM
  #155
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
I watched the whole game. Overall, at ES, he was average in my opinion.




Yep, and those other aspects of the game I mentioned. Who plays best in those areas go a long way towards having the most goals at the end of the game!
Yeah just ignore my post, as it completly contradicts yours.

Spongolium* is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 06:44 AM
  #156
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Yeah just ignore my post, as it completly contradicts yours.
I didn't ignore anything. It simply didn't require a reply. It was a pre season game. Every line had chances.

VanSciver is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 11:21 AM
  #157
Bob Clarke Fan Club
Registered User
 
Bob Clarke Fan Club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,120
vCash: 500
Jagr was awesome in that Rags game. It may have been preseason but it was still a nasty physical game. He was good in his own end(I'm not used to seeing him there.) He was great on the pp and if you weren't impressed with the overall body of work in that game you need your head examined. Thank God they never got to pair him with Crosby.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 11:51 AM
  #158
livewell68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
Jagr was awesome in that Rags game. It may have been preseason but it was still a nasty physical game. He was good in his own end(I'm not used to seeing him there.) He was great on the pp and if you weren't impressed with the overall body of work in that game you need your head examined. Thank God they never got to pair him with Crosby.
Jagr wasn't paired with Crosby because Jagr himself didn't want to be paired with Crosby.

If Jagr went to Pittsburgh (meritted or not) he would be the 3rd offensive option in the best case scenario. Some talks were that Jagr would have been on the 3rd line there.

Jagr has come back to the NHL with a purpose, to prove a point that he can be dominant and try and help a team win the Cup. In Philadelphia, he's good enough that he can be the go to guy despite what some people think. Some think that Jagr can't carry a team offensively anymore, yes it is only preseason but so far Jagr has shown that he can.

Tonight's game will feature a mostly NHL-caliber, regular season lineup Devils team, lets see how Jagr does then.

livewell68 is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 01:58 PM
  #159
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
I didn't ignore anything. It simply didn't require a reply. It was a pre season game. Every line had chances.
Lol, nice attempt. You really can't own up to being wrong can you.

Spongolium* is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 02:01 PM
  #160
MrHockey1982
Registered User
 
MrHockey1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Lol, nice attempt. You really can't own up to being wrong can you.

No he can't. He ignored several of my posts including Bryzgalov's quote about how great Jagr was and who he thinks the most "dominant" player of all-time is.

MrHockey1982 is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 04:26 PM
  #161
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Lol, nice attempt. You really can't own up to being wrong can you.
Your free at any time to prove I'm wrong. I have no problem admitting I'm wrong. Except that I'm not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 View Post
No he can't. He ignored several of my posts including Bryzgalov's quote about how great Jagr was and who he thinks the most "dominant" player of all-time is.
Well his teammate thinks he was great. That proves it! LOL


Jagr scored a couple of PP goals. What would you expect him to say? I wouldn't expect him to say anything negative in pre season even if he thought something negative towards a teammate.

Please let's use some common sense here.

VanSciver is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 05:25 PM
  #162
MrHockey1982
Registered User
 
MrHockey1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Your free at any time to prove I'm wrong. I have no problem admitting I'm wrong. Except that I'm not.



Well his teammate thinks he was great. That proves it! LOL


Jagr scored a couple of PP goals. What would you expect him to say? I wouldn't expect him to say anything negative in pre season even if he thought something negative towards a teammate.

Please let's use some common sense here.

You still didn't answer who the most dominant player is. I get the Rangers feed and they talked about how great he was by not only scoring but also setting up plays. They also picked him as the player of the game.

(Now is your cue to ignore the most dominant player question and make up some reason why the Rangers announcers gave the same observation that everyone except for you saw)

MrHockey1982 is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 05:42 PM
  #163
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Your free at any time to prove I'm wrong. I have no problem admitting I'm wrong. Except that I'm not.
I clearly have proved you wrong. What are you not getting here.

Spongolium* is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 06:03 PM
  #164
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 View Post
You still didn't answer who the most dominant player is. I get the Rangers feed and they talked about how great he was by not only scoring but also setting up plays. They also picked him as the player of the game.

(Now is your cue to ignore the most dominant player question and make up some reason why the Rangers announcers gave the same observation that everyone except for you saw)
Would the Rangers announcers be looking at the game as a whole, including the PP, or just one facet of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
I clearly have proved you wrong. What are you not getting here.
Maybe in your opinion you have. All I read in reply after reply you make to me is posts like this one. With zero substance and zero insight.

VanSciver is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 06:07 PM
  #165
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Wasn't Jagr on the ice with Giroux and Voracek when they had the shift of about 5 chances. I'm pretty sure that was even strength and they kept the puck from the rangers for a solid 90 seconds. Some bad finishing was what stopped them from scoring.

Can you defend against that?
Did you miss this bit.

So Jagr set up a goal at even strength for Coburn, he also had two shifts in which the rangers couldn't get the puck. But he was average?

yeah ok,

Spongolium* is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 06:43 PM
  #166
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Did you miss this bit.

So Jagr set up a goal at even strength for Coburn, he also had two shifts in which the rangers couldn't get the puck. But he was average?

yeah ok,

Jagr attempted a pass to Giroux, the puck deflected into the slot. Where Coburn fired a laser into the top corner. Coburn made the play there. Jagr's pass was off the mark. He was average at ES.

VanSciver is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 06:48 PM
  #167
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
This is pointless now. Why do you bother coming here if you don't accept when you are wrong?

Spongolium* is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 06:53 PM
  #168
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
This is pointless now. Why do you bother coming here if you don't accept when you are wrong?

Pretty funny

If you want to talk Hockey Spongy, I'm interested. I'm not interested in your repeated non hockey related posts such as this one.

VanSciver is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 07:20 PM
  #169
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..
 
HellasLEAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Greece
Posts: 12,010
vCash: 500
Hey guys, big Jagr fan. How has he looked so far this preseason. What about his mentality. Is he a positive influence on the team.

Is the old Jagr back??

HellasLEAF is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 07:38 PM
  #170
jagrgodr
Registered User
 
jagrgodr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
Hey guys, big Jagr fan. How has he looked so far this preseason. What about his mentality. Is he a positive influence on the team.

Is the old Jagr back??
as a hardcore jagr fan, i would say the old jagr is back. He looks like 2005-2006 jagr or mid to late 90's jagr.. it's kind of unreal

jagrgodr is online now  
Old
09-29-2011, 07:51 PM
  #171
NHLsnipers
Registered User
 
NHLsnipers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 500
And NHL 12 has Jagr at an 83 overall with:

84 Puck Control
84 Passing
80 Slap Shot Accuracy
84 Wrist Shot Accuracy

I know he doesn't have the speed or acceleration as 99-00, but everything else is at the top of the league IMO.

NHLsnipers is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 08:12 PM
  #172
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..
 
HellasLEAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Greece
Posts: 12,010
vCash: 500
does he, and wait for it...

have the moves like Jagr??

HellasLEAF is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 08:16 PM
  #173
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,663
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Jagr continues to show his age this preseason. His skill is clearly diminished. Clearly just doesn't have it anymore.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 08:27 PM
  #174
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Jagr continues to show his age this preseason. His skill is clearly diminished. Clearly just doesn't have it anymore.
Its just preseason against scrubs....

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 08:28 PM
  #175
mja
Negative Creep
 
mja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
This is pointless now. Why do you bother coming here if you don't accept when you are wrong?
Arguing with VS is always pointless.

mja is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.