HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Jagr Thread Part II: Moves Like Jagr

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2011, 12:20 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTentsProductions View Post
yeah its called not having an AHL pairing on the ice.
The only AHL guy on the ice short-handed was Bickell, because Rinaldo knocked Sauer out of the game. Girardi, McDonagh, Del Zotto, and Erixon all had at least 2 mins of SH ice time.

Old
09-28-2011, 12:48 PM
phillyfanatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
clearly the overwhelming majority are just blindly focused on goals and assists.
Such as the scorekeepers. Apparently at the end of each game the winner is determined by the team with the most goals. I always thought it was the team that played hardest.

Old
09-28-2011, 04:38 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
He actually looked quite strong in all of that. He didn't get too many chances in the defensive zone, because it seemed like whenever he was on the ice, the Flyers were in the offensive zone. But he made some excellent and savvy forechecking plays as well as some fantastic neutral zone plays. He made up for his lacking speed with some nifty stick work in a lot of the aspects you mentioned.

Maybe you didn't watch the whole game?
I watched the whole game. Overall, at ES, he was average in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
Such as the scorekeepers. Apparently at the end of each game the winner is determined by the team with the most goals. I always thought it was the team that played hardest.
Yep, and those other aspects of the game I mentioned. Who plays best in those areas go a long way towards having the most goals at the end of the game!

Old
09-28-2011, 11:11 PM
InTentsProductions*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
The only AHL guy on the ice short-handed was Bickell, because Rinaldo knocked Sauer out of the game. Girardi, McDonagh, Del Zotto, and Erixon all had at least 2 mins of SH ice time.
i was talking about even strength

Old
09-29-2011, 03:15 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
I watched the whole game. Overall, at ES, he was average in my opinion.

Yep, and those other aspects of the game I mentioned. Who plays best in those areas go a long way towards having the most goals at the end of the game!
Yeah just ignore my post, as it completly contradicts yours.

Old
09-29-2011, 06:44 AM
VanSciver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Yeah just ignore my post, as it completly contradicts yours.
I didn't ignore anything. It simply didn't require a reply. It was a pre season game. Every line had chances.

Old
09-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Jagr was awesome in that Rags game. It may have been preseason but it was still a nasty physical game. He was good in his own end(I'm not used to seeing him there.) He was great on the pp and if you weren't impressed with the overall body of work in that game you need your head examined. Thank God they never got to pair him with Crosby.

Old
09-29-2011, 11:51 AM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
Jagr was awesome in that Rags game. It may have been preseason but it was still a nasty physical game. He was good in his own end(I'm not used to seeing him there.) He was great on the pp and if you weren't impressed with the overall body of work in that game you need your head examined. Thank God they never got to pair him with Crosby.
Jagr wasn't paired with Crosby because Jagr himself didn't want to be paired with Crosby.

If Jagr went to Pittsburgh (meritted or not) he would be the 3rd offensive option in the best case scenario. Some talks were that Jagr would have been on the 3rd line there.

Jagr has come back to the NHL with a purpose, to prove a point that he can be dominant and try and help a team win the Cup. In Philadelphia, he's good enough that he can be the go to guy despite what some people think. Some think that Jagr can't carry a team offensively anymore, yes it is only preseason but so far Jagr has shown that he can.

Tonight's game will feature a mostly NHL-caliber, regular season lineup Devils team, lets see how Jagr does then.

Old
09-29-2011, 01:58 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
I didn't ignore anything. It simply didn't require a reply. It was a pre season game. Every line had chances.
Lol, nice attempt. You really can't own up to being wrong can you.

Old
09-29-2011, 02:01 PM
MrHockey1982

Quote:

No he can't. He ignored several of my posts including Bryzgalov's quote about how great Jagr was and who he thinks the most "dominant" player of all-time is.

Old
09-29-2011, 04:26 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
Your free at any time to prove I'm wrong. I have no problem admitting I'm wrong. Except that I'm not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 View Post
No he can't. He ignored several of my posts including Bryzgalov's quote about how great Jagr was and who he thinks the most "dominant" player of all-time is.
Well his teammate thinks he was great. That proves it! LOL

Jagr scored a couple of PP goals. What would you expect him to say? I wouldn't expect him to say anything negative in pre season even if he thought something negative towards a teammate.

Please let's use some common sense here.

Old
09-29-2011, 05:25 PM
MrHockey1982

Quote:
Your free at any time to prove I'm wrong. I have no problem admitting I'm wrong. Except that I'm not.

Well his teammate thinks he was great. That proves it! LOL

Jagr scored a couple of PP goals. What would you expect him to say? I wouldn't expect him to say anything negative in pre season even if he thought something negative towards a teammate.

Please let's use some common sense here.

You still didn't answer who the most dominant player is. I get the Rangers feed and they talked about how great he was by not only scoring but also setting up plays. They also picked him as the player of the game.

(Now is your cue to ignore the most dominant player question and make up some reason why the Rangers announcers gave the same observation that everyone except for you saw)

Old
09-29-2011, 05:42 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
I clearly have proved you wrong. What are you not getting here.

Old
09-29-2011, 06:03 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 View Post
You still didn't answer who the most dominant player is. I get the Rangers feed and they talked about how great he was by not only scoring but also setting up plays. They also picked him as the player of the game.

(Now is your cue to ignore the most dominant player question and make up some reason why the Rangers announcers gave the same observation that everyone except for you saw)
Would the Rangers announcers be looking at the game as a whole, including the PP, or just one facet of it?

Quote:
I clearly have proved you wrong. What are you not getting here.
Maybe in your opinion you have. All I read in reply after reply you make to me is posts like this one. With zero substance and zero insight.

Old
09-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Wasn't Jagr on the ice with Giroux and Voracek when they had the shift of about 5 chances. I'm pretty sure that was even strength and they kept the puck from the rangers for a solid 90 seconds. Some bad finishing was what stopped them from scoring.

Can you defend against that?
Did you miss this bit.

So Jagr set up a goal at even strength for Coburn, he also had two shifts in which the rangers couldn't get the puck. But he was average?

yeah ok,

Old
09-29-2011, 06:43 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
Did you miss this bit.

So Jagr set up a goal at even strength for Coburn, he also had two shifts in which the rangers couldn't get the puck. But he was average?

yeah ok,

Jagr attempted a pass to Giroux, the puck deflected into the slot. Where Coburn fired a laser into the top corner. Coburn made the play there. Jagr's pass was off the mark. He was average at ES.

Old
09-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

This is pointless now. Why do you bother coming here if you don't accept when you are wrong?

Old
09-29-2011, 06:53 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
This is pointless now. Why do you bother coming here if you don't accept when you are wrong?

Pretty funny

If you want to talk Hockey Spongy, I'm interested. I'm not interested in your repeated non hockey related posts such as this one.

Old
09-29-2011, 07:20 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

Hey guys, big Jagr fan. How has he looked so far this preseason. What about his mentality. Is he a positive influence on the team.

Is the old Jagr back??

Old
09-29-2011, 07:38 PM
jagrgodr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
Hey guys, big Jagr fan. How has he looked so far this preseason. What about his mentality. Is he a positive influence on the team.

Is the old Jagr back??
as a hardcore jagr fan, i would say the old jagr is back. He looks like 2005-2006 jagr or mid to late 90's jagr.. it's kind of unreal

Old
09-29-2011, 07:51 PM
NHLsnipers

And NHL 12 has Jagr at an 83 overall with:

84 Puck Control
84 Passing
80 Slap Shot Accuracy
84 Wrist Shot Accuracy

I know he doesn't have the speed or acceleration as 99-00, but everything else is at the top of the league IMO.

Old
09-29-2011, 08:12 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

does he, and wait for it...

have the moves like Jagr??

Old
09-29-2011, 08:16 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Jagr continues to show his age this preseason. His skill is clearly diminished. Clearly just doesn't have it anymore.

Old
09-29-2011, 08:27 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Jagr continues to show his age this preseason. His skill is clearly diminished. Clearly just doesn't have it anymore.
Its just preseason against scrubs....

Old
09-29-2011, 08:28 PM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
Arguing with VS is always pointless.

Closed Thread