HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Preseason 9/27/11 "Starry Starry Night" - Stars VS Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
huberdeau scored again. kids making it hard to keep him out of the nhl
AWESOME!!

09-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Gudbranson44

it wouldnt be fair not to give huberdeau atleast 9 games to play. I want him to go back to the Q, but honestly he deserves his 9 games after what he has produced so far

Old
09-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Montsy14

vCash: 50
Was the first PP goal 5 on 3?

Old
09-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Montsy14

Any reason why Santorelli and Upshall have both played under 8 minutes?

Old
09-27-2011, 09:02 PM
FinlandPanther

Huberdeau steals the puck and passes to one player for an empty net and lehtonen somehow saves it. This kid is absolutely amazing.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:06 PM
jkscott
Florida Panther STH

Good riddens Plante.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Montsy14

Wow Plante had to deal with 5 shots between the 3rd and OT, the Panthers put up 27 and we lose...good lord.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkscott View Post
Good riddens Plante.
Who was the defenseman on the 2 on 1? Did Plante look like a fish out of water again?

Old
09-27-2011, 09:16 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Who was the defenseman on the 2 on 1? Did Plante look like a fish out of water again?
No he tried, he failed. It's Plante. It's was a hard shot to save but it looked like Ryder took a little time to shoot it, so I thought he could've had a chance.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:18 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
So what is the story of this game in a quick synopsis? Plante blew it for us? Weak defensive effort? Mixture of both?

Old
09-27-2011, 09:21 PM
flapanthersfan

Ill post my usual summary when i get home. Driving home now.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:22 PM
jkscott
Florida Panther STH

My opinion is that Plante blew it. We outplayed them.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Montsy14

Im concerned as to why Santorelli and Upshall played so little.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
Im concerned as to why Santorelli and Upshall played so little.
Why? It's preseason, we know they're on the team.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:31 PM
Montsy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Why? It's preseason, we know they're on the team.
Why dress them then? Give the minutes to dadonov or whoever.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:41 PM
RainingRats

Hubs with a great pass with about a min left almost a a goal.
Kopecky doesn't drive to the net, he drives through it

Flash has a ton of skill. I never realized it.

Hubs withe pp goal. Just the way bure used to score them down on the goal line knocking in the rebound.

I think it was kennedy who got boarded, really dirty hit, there was a delay, and in come guds to stick up for his teammate like a freight train. You couldn't ask for a better teammate. Exactly the guy you want on the ice with you. He will 100% captain this team one day. Matthias fought someone, too, got beat pretty solidly. But good to see him step up too. I've always said, if matthias fights, he'll be on this team, he had a reaLlu good game.
Kopecky is great. Gets under everyones skin. Just like holmstrom.

Versteeg started unloading on his guy, completelu one sided. Had no idea he could fight like that. Versteeg looked good.

I think we have a toughness issue. Souray is a tough customer but we have no1 to answer that.
Guds should get as big as souray

Flash looked real good
Hubs had a breakaway, showed some strength with body positioning
Panthers hit a lot of posts/crossbars
Goc is excellent on pk
Second goal against, dallas bringing puck back into zone, deflected off our dman onto shooters stick. Another slippery goal-weak.
GudS got hit pretty solidly, couldn't tell if jovo put the puck into his skates, dallas player scored a weak/slippery goal 5 hole on plante, prob should have had it but it was seconds after he got put in.

Guds and matthias last two guys off the ice for the panthers during warmups

sorry for the poor grammar, typos. These are notes from my phone.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:42 PM
RainingRats

I wouldn't blame Plante. He gets put in cold and immediately faces scoring chances on awkward broken plays. The game winning two on one was a roofed shot that was poorly defended by Jovo, imo.

I have no idea where Santo and Upshall were. We could have really used them on the PP. I'm guessing they got injured because they didn't screw up defensively from what I saw.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:44 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Hubs with a great pass with about a min left almost a a goal.
Kopecky doesn't drive to the net, he drives through it

Flash has a ton of skill. I never realized it.

Hubs withe pp goal. Just the way bure used to score them down on the goal line knocking in the rebound.

I think it was kennedy who got boarded, really dirty hit, there was a delay, and in come guds to stick up for his teammate like a freight train. You couldn't ask for a better teammate. Exactly the guy you want on the ice with you. He will 100% captain this team one day. Matthias fought someone, too, got beat pretty solidly. But good to see him step up too. I've always said, if matthias fights, he'll be on this team, he had a reaLlu good game.
Kopecky is great. Gets under everyones skin. Just like holmstrom.

Versteeg started unloading on his guy, completelu one sided. Had no idea he could fight like that. Versteeg looked good.

I think we have a toughness issue. Souray is a tough customer but we have no1 to answer that.
Guds should get as big as souray

Flash looked real good
Hubs had a breakaway, showed some strength with body positioning
Panthers hit a lot of posts/crossbars
Goc is excellent on pk
Second goal against, dallas bringing puck back into zone, deflected off our dman onto shooters stick. Another slippery goal-weak.
GudS got hit pretty solidly, couldn't tell if jovo put the puck into his skates, dallas player scored a weak/slippery goal 5 hole on plante, prob should have had it but it was seconds after he got put in.

Guds and matthias last two guys off the ice for the panthers during warmups

Thanks for the report RR!

Glad to see that Flash, Steeger and others all had pretty good games. Looks like our forward corps will be much improved this season.

Also awesome to see that Gudbranson living up to being probably the best teammate one could want. Guess there are quite a few pluses to take away from the game.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Montsy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I wouldn't blame Plante. He gets put in cold and immediately faces scoring chances on awkward broken plays. The game winning two on one was a roofed shot that was poorly defended by Jovo, imo.

I have no idea where Santo and Upshall were. We could have really used them on the PP. I'm guessing they got injured because they didn't screw up defensively from what I saw.
I know Upshall was nursing an injury, so maybe he tweaked it or something, but I hope Santo isn't anything serious.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Montsy14

According to Fialkov "Mike Santorelli sustained an undisclosed injury Tuesday night."

Old
09-27-2011, 09:50 PM
RainingRats

We hit like four or five posts. That's the story. We outplayed them and they got some weak/slippery goals and capitalized on their chances. We had a ton of PP time in the third but couldn't really get anything going even though we scored two goals. Our PK is excellent, our PP not so much. We took A LOT of undisciplined selfish penalties.

Flash is really good. Bergie is good as well. Goc is a better Reasoner.

Skille was not noticeable tonight. Between him and Matthias I would give the spot to Matthias. Matthias was very active.

I'm starting to think Hubs will make the team. We can manage the wear and tear and we could really use him on the PP. After Ribiero he was the most skilled player on the ice, imo. Ribiero has absolutely ridiculous hands.

I could see Garrison who is going to be expensive to sign long term and is really underrated get paired with Booth in a trade. Garrison was one of the better D-men tonight. Booth really does kill plays with very hot shots that miss the net and then exit the zone.

Guds is good on the PP, keeps it simple. I feel like if he is much more comfortable playing physical. When he isn't banging bodies he looks a bit hesitant/lacking confidence. You could see Jovo talking to him which is good. Jovo is okay 5 on 5. He's better on special teams. He's going to be a bottom pairing guy.

Kulikov is a stud.

Campbell stinks on the PP once it gets set up. His shot is awful. Once he brings it up ice he should go off for a line change, lol.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Erick

Santorelli injured.

Dineen said he should be sore tomorrow.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Huberdeau down the stretch was very impressive...

I cannot state enough how much I dislike David Booth.. If the guy doesn't have a clear sheet of ice ahead of him he's useless. His giveaways in the offensive zone are getting on my nerves.

Fleishmann definitely was impressive, as was Kulikov

Matthias over Skille all day IMO.. Skille just isn't that good

Markstrom made the saves he had to, Plante didn't look competent. IMO, both goalies knew what was at stake with their 30 minutes of play and it looked like Markie stepped up his game, compared to how shaky he looked in training camp... He looked like he did in the rookie tourney. As for Plante, he looked nervous.. Sure his early goals he may have been a little rusty, the 2nd one he was in horrible position, but for the OT goal there was no doubt in my mind they were gonna score.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:55 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
Huberdeau down the stretch was very impressive...

I cannot state enough how much I dislike David Booth.. If the guy doesn't have a clear sheet of ice ahead of him he's useless. His giveaways in the offensive zone are getting on my nerves.

Fleishmann definitely was impressive, as was Kulikov

Matthias over Skille all day IMO.. Skille just isn't that good

Markstrom made the saves he had to, Plante didn't look competent. IMO, both goalies knew what was at stake with their 30 minutes of play and it looked like Markie stepped up his game, compared to how shaky he looked in training camp... He looked like he did in the rookie tourney. As for Plante, he looked nervous.. Sure his early goals he may have been a little rusty, the 2nd one he was in horrible position, but for the OT goal there was no doubt in my mind they were gonna score.
I disagree about Plante. Coming into the game cold like that is really hard and the plays were not straight forward plays. After those goals he really settled down and made some solid saves. I'm usually hard on the players but I don't think he was bad at all. Skille and Upshall were bigger disappointments, imo.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Great8Cam

Guds practically put the Star through the boards after Kennedy was boarded. That was a game changer.

Plante was short changed by coming in cold, but he was really shaky. The boys didn't play well for him during those quick 3 goals.

Kuli was ok and at times not what we expect from him, but that changed after the Guds crushing.

It was a very good game, if not a great game (all things considered). They showed a lot of character by coming back like that, and the 5 on 3s sure helped.

Closed Thread