HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your prediction

Closed Thread

Old
08-21-2004, 08:48 PM
Predshockey17

vCash: 500
Your prediction

How do you think the preds will finish this year? I say we go 46 wins 20 wins 12 ties and 8 over time loses.

Old
08-21-2004, 08:59 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by ester
How do you think the preds will finish this year? I say we go 46 wins 20 wins 12 ties and 8 over time loses.
I say we go 41-28-12-1. It'll be an increase over last year, IMO, but nothing major.

Old
08-21-2004, 09:26 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ester

i don't see us finishing with 112 points.

Old
08-21-2004, 09:29 PM
PredsFan77*

Send a message via ICQ to PredsFan77* Send a message via AIM to PredsFan77*
82-0-0-0

Old
08-21-2004, 09:31 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsFan77
82-0-0-0

now you're talkin'

Old
08-21-2004, 09:56 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
95 points. 5th or 6th in the West, 2nd in the divison behind Detroit (last year for them finishing first for a long time)

Old
08-22-2004, 01:35 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ozzie X
95 points. 5th or 6th in the West, 2nd in the divison behind Detroit (last year for them finishing first for a long time)
I would say that this is correct within 3 points either way. And I disagree about Detroit.

Old
08-22-2004, 02:51 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
7th-8th in the West 2nd-3rd in the Central 12th-17th in the League. Around 90 Points...

Old
08-22-2004, 05:04 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow
7th-8th in the West 2nd-3rd in the Central 12th-17th in the League. Around 90 Points...
Wow, two BJ fans showing the love..... I agree with Sir Ozzie I'll add I think St. Louis will continue their downward spiral.

Old
08-22-2004, 06:39 PM
se7en*

6th. They'll win the division in a couple years.

Old
08-22-2004, 07:25 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Wow, two BJ fans showing the love..... I agree with Sir Ozzie I'll add I think St. Louis will continue their downward spiral.
We're just realists We don't have the blue and white googles on all the time. Doubtful the Jackets make the playoffs next season, but we might actually beat the Preds ONCE this year by playing better instead of the Preds giving us the game (which they did twice last season). I admire the way your organization has run itself by way of trading, drafting and free agent signings.

I doubt the Blues make the playoffs next season. They have Lalime in goal, for crying out loud.

Old
08-22-2004, 07:39 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bachul
I would say that this is correct within 3 points either way. And I disagree about Detroit.
If Columbus can learn to play defense (and find some more talent back there), and we can learn to score (and find some talent up front), then I'd say that Detroit's central dominance is going to end within the next few years. If the new CBA is in any way favorable to small market teams, then I just fail to see Detroit being able to adequately address their needs. If the NHL adopts a system even remotely similar to that of the NFL's, a premium will be placed on young, productive talent. And Detroit has little of it. They aren't the worst off as there are others in worse shape. But they certainly aren't in an enviable position if the new CBA is different from the current.

I am not talking about a complete meltdown by Detroit, just that I think they won't be nearly as dominant as they once were. That, combined with the predicted upsurge by Nashville and Columbus (I just don't see Chicago competing at a high level for a while) and you have yourself a ball game.

Old
08-22-2004, 09:57 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Preds will finish 5th or 6th.

Old
08-22-2004, 11:48 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
7th-8th...depending upon the disparity between the top/lower tier teams....

Old
08-23-2004, 12:22 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
I get mixed feelings sometimes when I think of the coming season. With the emerging young talent in Chicago and Columbus- I feel that some of these teams will have a season similair to our 03-04.

Preds will really have to keep the intensity for the total 82 (hopefully) games. I believe that Central will really heat up and be more enjoyable than ever to watch.

Blues- they are going nowhere.

So I dont know where we will end up, but I know that the Central games are going to be spectacular.

Old
08-23-2004, 07:58 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I think Chicago is looking better now than at the end of last season. Ruuto is a player, he's like a cross between Erat and Tootoo. Bell can't fight worth a flip but he can play, Arnason won't be there long. If Thibault could ever stay healthy they would fight for a playoff spot, IMHO.

Old
08-23-2004, 08:43 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

I predict the Central will be one of the toughest top to bottom in the NHL very soon. Columbus just needs defense. Nashville just needs offense, and has some excellent prospects underway. Blues are past their peak now, and the Wings need a serious top to bottom rebuild, but will always find a way to compete via the purse.

Old
08-23-2004, 02:23 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I would predict 7th - 9th depending on what happens in teh offseason. Do we resign Erat and Hall? Is Numminen brought in? Who gets teh call ups to play with the big club? The Preds are just now on the verge of becoming an annual contendor. I think we should make the playoffs, but a few bad injuries especially at center.....and we may just miss them...

08-23-2004, 02:47 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
We really need to sign both Erat and Hall., Im not convinced that we need to blow money on NUmminen. I'd also like to see Shish, and Id like to get a better look at Pivko.

I think we make it, but I still think it will be a long hard struggle to the end.

Old
08-23-2004, 03:56 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
I'm guessing a finish similar to last years.

Old
08-24-2004, 12:07 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
If Columbus can learn to play defense (and find some more talent back there), and we can learn to score (and find some talent up front), then I'd say that Detroit's central dominance is going to end within the next few years. If the new CBA is in any way favorable to small market teams, then I just fail to see Detroit being able to adequately address their needs. If the NHL adopts a system even remotely similar to that of the NFL's, a premium will be placed on young, productive talent. And Detroit has little of it. They aren't the worst off as there are others in worse shape. But they certainly aren't in an enviable position if the new CBA is different from the current.

I am not talking about a complete meltdown by Detroit, just that I think they won't be nearly as dominant as they once were. That, combined with the predicted upsurge by Nashville and Columbus (I just don't see Chicago competing at a high level for a while) and you have yourself a ball game.
Never Underestimate Chicago. They didnt have one NHL Goalie last season, and Thibault is still a very good goalie.

Heres how I think the Central will play out

Detroit-1st in Division,1st-3rd in Conference, 4th-8th in League.

Nashville-2nd-3rd in Division 7th-8th in Conference, 12th-17th in League

St. Louis-2nd-3rd in Division 7th-8th in Conference, 12th-17th in League

Chicago-4th-5th in Division, 14th-15th in Conference, 25th-28th in League

Old
08-24-2004, 04:48 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Never Underestimate Chicago.
I don't underestimate Chicago. I think they can be real good, but not for a few years. Unlike most people on these boards, I don't subscribe to the 'average free agents make your team much better' theory. They got a lot of nice little pieces, but they still don't have a defense. They are, once again, going to have to rely on Thibault to win them games. If he goes down like last year, they'll have a very bad year again. They are several years away from being good as a large part of their team for the next few years hasn't even stepped on to NHL ice.

Old
08-31-2004, 12:00 PM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Quote:
Never Underestimate Chicago.
Ha! Wirtz or the Front Office will screw that team up every time! Every good young player that comes up in their organization, they usually let go. See Hasak, Roenick, Belfour.

Before the Preds, I was a 'Hawks fan. They had a good young crop of players then, Ethan Moreau, Christian LaFlame, Dan Cleary. They're all on other teams now.

Closed Thread