HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Viktor Stalberg

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-28-2011, 10:56 PM
  #1
nbozich22
Registered User
 
nbozich22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 1,211
vCash: 500
Viktor Stalberg

didnt see what happened to him but hearing its not good.

nbozich22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 10:58 PM
  #2
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 24,863
vCash: 10592
Too bad, Stalberg was a different player this year. On the other hand, we have a lot of wingers and a job may have opened up. If Smith and Stalberg are out for awhile, I think they should hold onto Saad at least the first 9 games and see what happens with him and the injured players.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 11:01 PM
  #3
sherwood sniper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
Looked like he went knee to knee with a Wings player along the blue line, away from the puck.

Thinking its an MCL ACL issue...

sherwood sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 11:10 PM
  #4
cherrypik
Registered User
 
cherrypik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mundelein, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,657
vCash: 500
Dam, I hope it's not an ACL.

cherrypik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 11:14 PM
  #5
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,418
vCash: 500
Somewhere, John Scott and Daniel Carcillo quietly rejoice that they might have a spot on the Blackhawks this year.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 11:15 PM
  #6
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,485
vCash: 500
One of the worst injuries Stalberg could have is an ACL. He's so fast damn fast. That would kill him.

Cullksinikers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 12:56 PM
  #7
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 21,454
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Reported via twitter he'll only be out 2-3 weeks. Relatively good news.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 01:06 PM
  #8
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 24,863
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Reported via twitter he'll only be out 2-3 weeks. Relatively good news.
Absolutely, that's not bad at all and fits within Saad's 9 game window.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 01:11 PM
  #9
BobbyJet
Registered User
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Reported via twitter he'll only be out 2-3 weeks. Relatively good news.
Definitely. I just caught the play on my PVR. It looked innocent enough but Q scared me with his comment.

Stalberg was one of the best Hawks in the 1st period with the usual fast skating, and some crisp passing. He really opened up some space for Saad and Toews.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 01:15 PM
  #10
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,401
vCash: 500
I was surprised at Stalberg's passing. It was way better than I expected.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 01:18 PM
  #11
nbozich22
Registered User
 
nbozich22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 1,211
vCash: 500
thats excellent news. i had the mindset that he tore his acl and would be out months..

nbozich22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 01:19 PM
  #12
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Somewhere, John Scott and Daniel Carcillo quietly rejoice that they might have a spot on the Blackhawks this year.
Hate to break the news to ya but both are going to have a spot on this team, regardless.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the regular season games with Carcillo in there and seeing how effective I think it's going to turn out to be overall so people can just get over the negativity about him being here already. It's been said many times before, but given the love fest (not saying you necessarily) so many Hawks fans had for Eager and Burish, the negative backlash this guy gets just baffles me. Looking forward to the real deal starting so it can be put to rest like I suspect it will.

That said, glad to hear Stalberg's injury isn't too bad. I imagine Blackhawkswincup doesn't share my sentiment, though.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 01:50 PM
  #13
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,133
vCash: 500
Bet he has a MCL sprain. Kuc tweeted that Quenneville is upset about this injury because it was a knee to knee hit.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 01:58 PM
  #14
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 24,863
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Bet he has a MCL sprain. Kuc tweeted that Quenneville is upset about this injury because it was a knee to knee hit.
Babcock 'The onus is on the receiving knee'

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 02:00 PM
  #15
BobbyJet
Registered User
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Hate to break the news to ya but both are going to have a spot on this team, regardless.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the regular season games with Carcillo in there and seeing how effective I think it's going to turn out to be overall so people can just get over the negativity about him being here already. It's been said many times before, but given the love fest (not saying you necessarily) so many Hawks fans had for Eager and Burish, the negative backlash this guy gets just baffles me. Looking forward to the real deal starting so it can be put to rest like I suspect it will.

That said, glad to hear Stalberg's injury isn't too bad. I imagine Blackhawkswincup doesn't share my sentiment, though.
Carcillo has been less than I expected so far. He looks more like Ben Eager than the skilled guy we've been hearing about ... but apparently is recovering from the flu. Hawks still played too soft last night. Of course they were playing a bunch of hungry kids for the most part and it is pre-season. But when the real show starts, it is a guy like Carcillo who can snap them out of their complacency in one shift.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 02:01 PM
  #16
Tone King
Atomic Punk
 
Tone King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Uranus
Country: United States
Posts: 8,560
vCash: 50
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Babcock 'The onus is on the receiving knee'

Tone King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 02:28 PM
  #17
DayNah
Ship it donk!
 
DayNah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Somewhere, John Scott and Daniel Carcillo quietly rejoice that they might have a spot on the Blackhawks this year.
There's no way Carcillo doesn't get a starting job(after his 2 game suspension). Scott on the other hand.

DayNah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 02:29 PM
  #18
TKB
Registered User
 
TKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 529
vCash: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Bet he has a MCL sprain. Kuc tweeted that Quenneville is upset about this injury because it was a knee to knee hit.
I saw it when it happened and was surprised that the broadcast team never caught it.

It was a collision away from the puck, at first glance I thought it looked like a bad play by Abdelkader, after rewinding it a couple times it looked more innocent ,and at the time no one seemed to take exception to it.

TKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 02:56 PM
  #19
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs
 
BBSeabs27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 2,311
vCash: 500
Sucks that a lot of our players got beat up.

Good news is, most will be back in the next 2 weeks and be okay...except for maybe Ben.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 04:38 PM
  #20
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Babcock 'The onus is on the receiving knee'
nice!

Man, our depth sure took a hit, I guess we'll find out what our depth is like pretty early in the season. Better than finding out at the end of the season.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 06:55 PM
  #21
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Carcillo has been less than I expected so far. He looks more like Ben Eager than the skilled guy we've been hearing about ... but apparently is recovering from the flu. Hawks still played too soft last night. Of course they were playing a bunch of hungry kids for the most part and it is pre-season. But when the real show starts, it is a guy like Carcillo who can snap them out of their complacency in one shift.
As stated, he's been ill and hasn't played a lot, and at the end of the day it's...preseason. Now, if a month into the season it's the same results (for anyone who's been average or subpar), then you start to get concerned. But how the more veteran guys are looking in these games doesn't really concern me that much.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 07:00 PM
  #22
cherrypik
Registered User
 
cherrypik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mundelein, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKB View Post
I saw it when it happened and was surprised that the broadcast team never caught it.

It was a collision away from the puck, at first glance I thought it looked like a bad play by Abdelkader, after rewinding it a couple times it looked more innocent ,and at the time no one seemed to take exception to it.
I taped it do you remember around what time it happened? I like to check it out.

cherrypik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 07:34 PM
  #23
BobbyJet
Registered User
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypik View Post
I taped it do you remember around what time it happened? I like to check it out.
Less than 2 minutes were left in the 1st period

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:14 PM
  #24
ChiGuySez
Showtime
 
ChiGuySez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 5,203
vCash: 500
Mursak breaks his ankle. Next meeting, Detroit sits their all their stars. 3rd, 4th line and AHLers playing. Stalberg gets a knee to knee hit. Smith gets his head nearly taken off. Start low, finish high. Kronwall has perfected this.

Forrest Gregg / Charles Martin anyone?

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:59 AM
  #25
cherrypik
Registered User
 
cherrypik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mundelein, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Less than 2 minutes were left in the 1st period
Thanks!

cherrypik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.