HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nashville Predators @ St. Louis Blues: 7pm CDT

Old
10-08-2011, 08:26 AM
KevFist
is best pony

vCash: 500
Nashville Predators @ St. Louis Blues: 7pm CDT

[img]http://www.****************/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/nashville-script-2012.gif[/img]
AT

Scottrade Center

St. Louis, Missouri

Nashville Predators
1-0-0 2pts
Wilson - Legwand - Smith
Erat - Spaling - Kostitsyn
Tootoo - O'Reilly - Halischuk
Smithson - Geoffion - Hornqvist

Weber - Suter
Klein - Blum
Laakso - Hillen

Rinne
Lindback

Coach Barry Trotz

St. Louis Blues
0-0-0 0pts
McDonald - Backes - Langenbrunner
Oshie - Berglund - Stewart
Steen - Arnott - D'Agostini
Sobotka - Nichol - Reaves

Colaiacovo - Pietrangelo
Jackman - Shattenkirk
Nikitin - Polak

Halak
Coach Davis Payne

Tonight's Storylines
Provided by Predators.nhl.com
Quote:
Nashville takes on the St. Louis tonight at the Scottrade Center in the second of back-to-back games against Central Division foes, with the first coming last night in Columbus. Tonight’s game marks the fifth-time in franchise history the Predators have opened the season with back-to-back games, and the first-ever back-to-back opening against Central Division teams.

During the 2010-11 season, Nashville and St. Louis faced off five times in the season’s first three months, including four times in Nashville’s first 20 games. Nashville posted a 2-3-1 record against the Bluenotes a season ago and is 37-28-10 all-time against St. Louis in the Gateway City.

The Predators and Blues closed out their 2010-11 season series in the final regular season game for both squads on April 9. It was a low-scoring affair, as St. Louis claimed a 2-0 victory, the night after the Preds had clinched their sixth postseason berth in the past seven campaigns. Nashville fell to St. Louis by the same score the day after Christmas at Scottrade Center. Nashville’s two victories in the series came on Nov. 11 as Marcel Goc netted the shootout winner in St. Louis, giving the Predators a 3-2 win, and on Oct. 14 when Nashville scored three goals in the opening frame, saw the Blues battled back, with Patric Hornqvist eventually notching the game winner in the waning minutes of the second-period, giving Nashville the 4-3 victory.

On Scottrade Center ice, the Predators have won five-of-seven matchups since Feb. 21, 2010, with four of the five victories decided by a single goal; two were shootout wins and another came in overtime.

Tight battles have been a trend between these two Central Division rivals with 14 of the last 21 meetings decided by one goal. Nashville is 14-7-0 in the Gateway City since 2005-06, and holds a 29-9-4 overall record in that span. The series has required a franchise-high 20 overtime periods to decide a winner. The Predators are 10-6-4 in those games, with all 10 wins coming since the 2005-06 season. Additionally, nine of those 20 games have gone to a shootout, tying Nashville and St. Louis for the League lead during that span. Nashville has a 6-3 record in shootouts against St. Louis.

Cal O’Reilly led all Predators in points against St. Louis a season ago with four (1g-3a) in five games. He scored Nashville’s first goal and added a shootout marker in Nashville’s shootout win on Nov. 11. The Varna, Ont., native tied a career high in points/assists with three helpers on Oct. 14... Hornqvist has nine points (4g-5a) in 12 career games against the Blues. He made his NHL debut against the Blues on Oct. 10, 2008, and notched a career-high three assists in a 3-2 victory at Scottrade Center on April 1, 2010… Jordin Tootoo has seen more offensive success against the Blues than any other NHL team. He has 13 points (6g-7a) in 33 career games against St. Louis – he has no more than three goals against any other club. Tootoo also has racked up 89 career penalty minutes against the Blues – the second-most for a single player against a team in franchise history.
Preview Provided by Inside Smashville
InsideSmashville.com
Quote:
The Nashville Predators try to make it 2-0-0 on the season as they take on the St. Louis Blues Saturday night at Scottrade Center.

During the off season, the Blues added some familiar faces to Nashville fans when they signed Scott Nichol and former captain Jason Arnott.

Saturday’s game marks the first one of the season for the Blues.

The Blues are looking for a third straight win against Nashville. Standing in their way is Vezina nominated goaltender Pekka Rinne. However, a season ago, Rinne’s record against the Blues was 1-3-1, despite just a 1.75 GAA.

Rinne has been battling the stomach flu, though he did play on Friday. Rinne made 32 saves as the Predators skated to a 3-2 win over their Central Division rivals, the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Ryan Suter, Craig Smith and Matt Halischuk provided the offense in Nashville’s win. The victory marked the third year in a row the Predators won their season opener.

The Predators killed off all five minor penalties called against them Friday night and scored a power play goal to start the season strong in terms of special teams. While there was a lot to build off of in Friday’s win, two Predators spoke about the need to stay focused.

Matt Halischuk says the team looks forward to Saturday night’s contest. “We need to take the positives from tonight and carry them over to St. Louis. Everyone is excited that we get another home opener. The building is going to be great,” Halischuk said after Friday’s tilt in Columbus.

Center Nick Spaling added that “the first game doesn’t mean anything if we don’t win the next one. We want to finish this road trip off right.”

Saturday night’s game starts at 7 pm. Nashville doesn’t play at home until Thursday, October 13th against the Phoenix Coyotes.
Media Links
Listen: Radio link on the right
Watch: Fox Sports Tennessee
Streaming: http://atdhenet.tv/40018/watch-nashville-vs-st-louis
Twitter: Official Preds twitter

Last edited by KevFist: 10-08-2011 at 02:06 PM.
KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 08:58 AM
predwings

Glad to see all the guys contributed last night, even though I didn't get to watch it. I'd like to see our defense outside the top pairing step it up a bit and shutdown those opportunities.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I think the obvious roster move here is to swap Tootoo and Hornqvist.

10-08-2011, 09:46 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

The Blues' first line isn't near as scary but overall they are better than Columbus. Should be a tight game.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 10:21 AM
kivaerijo

Let's go Preds!!

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 10:37 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Let's keep this going! Smith will pot another.

GO PREDS!!

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 10:40 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I think the obvious roster move here is to swap Tootoo and Hornqvist.
I don't know. I liked what I saw from tootoo last night. and from the third period from hornquist. I wouldn't mind seeing ekholm in for hillen. he was invisible I thought, which can be good. but he also had a dumb penalty. we know what we get from hillen. why not try the other kid. In my eyes we have mission accomplished in these opening two games--taking 2 out of 4 points in home openers vs division rivals. add in tonight the demitra tribute will happen and that place will be insane. playing with house money

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Suter x 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
The Blues' first line isn't near as scary but overall they are better than Columbus. Should be a tight game.
Their second line is what scares me.

Is lindback in? Stomach flu and back-to-back for Rinne, gotta figure he will be?

Suter x 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 10:41 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Please win.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

You can't win 'em all if you don't win the second one.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 10:55 AM
SirPaste

vCash: 245
Blues fan coming in peace, just wondering whats up with Hornqvist on the 4th line? Seems like he should be in the top 6?

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I don't know. I liked what I saw from tootoo last night. and from the third period from hornquist. I wouldn't mind seeing ekholm in for hillen. he was invisible I thought, which can be good. but he also had a dumb penalty. we know what we get from hillen. why not try the other kid. In my eyes we have mission accomplished in these opening two games--taking 2 out of 4 points in home openers vs division rivals. add in tonight the demitra tribute will happen and that place will be insane. playing with house money
This isn't a knock on Tootoo, but if it comes to giving Hornqvist top 9 time and linemates that can produce offensively or giving that roll to Tootoo, it is a no-brainer situation.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
FWIW, our lineup this weekend is designed to compete against the center depth of the Blue Jackets and Blues. You have arguably the weakest offensive center with our top 2 offensive players, our top two-way center on a scoring line with a pair of young offensive players, our weakest defensive center with two solid defensive wingers, and an energy center on the energy line.

Trotz doesn't have last change in either game. That's why he's already said lineup will change by Thursday...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 11:14 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Blues gave us all kinds of trouble last year, in particular we couldn't score against them. I don't have high hopes for this one if we play as sloppily as we did last night. Low scoring game, either way.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 11:37 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

not only that, but it seemed like backes owned us last year

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 11:42 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

The team can't afford another terrible night at the faceoff dot.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 11:51 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Ekholm in tonight?

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Halak Owned us last year 3 shutouts

Gnashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 12:56 PM
markie8002000

Are there any line changes for tonight or is it to early?

markie8002000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Blanick
Winter is coming

Minor lineup change on Blues side..
Nikitin in and Huskins out.

Blanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 02:21 PM
alexmanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Ah but we have a new weapon.......Craig Smith!

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Law of averages says we chase him 3 times this year

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 02:42 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 03:01 PM
SK74 Snipes

We wont be allowed mistakes tonight. Gotta keep it tight play our game and well win

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Jarnberg

The Blues should be a very good up and coming team; that is a playoff roster on paper there. They gave us trouble last year and we had trouble scoring on them. Not to mention the second of a back-to-back.

Probably won't get the result we want tonight...

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote