HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News and Notes 2011-2012

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2012, 08:38 PM
malyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
I'm debating going to the Sharks game. Tix are expensive.....and we *always* lose in the Tank, but I think I need to go....

I've been to each Sharks game the past 19 years I've lived here, so I guess I cant stop now

My only real chance to see them each year
My wife bought me tickets to the game for christmas. We'll be in 121 somewhere. I've been to the games the last 2 years and had fun even if the results were awful. Have to see the caps in person when you get the chance!

Old
01-04-2012, 10:28 PM
LetsGoBears

What was Bourque just suspended for? 5 games could be a bit light if he was just sat for an after the whistle kind of stuff.

Old
01-05-2012, 04:30 AM
troyerlaw
Life is not party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie G View Post
I want the Caps to be the ones hitting hard and getting the other team's players riled up. Not the ones spitting.
Dorsett's a turd. He deserved it. Especially with him whining about it afterward like a little girl. Anyway, he's lucky it was just spit. The way he was running people all game long, it should've been a stick shaft across his face, not saliva. Plus, that's the closest he'll ever come to greatness, wearing 8's loogie.

Old
01-05-2012, 04:33 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Just rewatched the last regular season game of the 2007-2008 season, where we beat Florida 3-1 to clinch a playoff berth. It was such a surreal experience. It was so easy to love that team, and they had so much fun and energy on the ice.

Over the course of the game the announcers talked about Matt Cooke finding new life on the Capitals roster as opposed to in Vancouver and Ovechkin dispelling the stereotype that Russians don't bring it every night. Brooks Laich was lauded for his 12 goals in the last 21 games, and for taking over team captain Chris Clark's role in the front of the net. Bruce Boudreau was about to win the Jack Adams, and all the comments about him and McPhee were glowing. Number 14 was Eric Fehr and 34 was Tomas Fleischmann, who scored the opening goal against Florida. Steve Eminger was the defenseman in 44, off the bench because of the injury to Shaone Morrisson. Cristobal Huet made all the big saves in net. The 4th line was a nuisance for the Cats all night, anchored by Donald Brashear. Ovechkin lept into the arms of Semin and Backstrom when Semin lasered a slapper into the top corner to make the game 3-1. OV also lept in the air to combat Bouwmeester for a flying puck like a jump ball. Sergei Fedorov was arguably the best player in the game. The only Johansson on the ice played for Florida.

How things have changed.

Old
01-05-2012, 08:29 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
What was Bourque just suspended for? 5 games could be a bit light if he was just sat for an after the whistle kind of stuff.
Huh? It was the elbow to the head on Tuesday that has Backstrom questionable with a potential [mild] concussion.

Old
01-05-2012, 08:30 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Just rewatched the last regular season game of the 2007-2008 season, where we beat Florida 3-1 to clinch a playoff berth. It was such a surreal experience. It was so easy to love that team, and they had so much fun and energy on the ice.

Over the course of the game the announcers talked about Matt Cooke finding new life on the Capitals roster as opposed to in Vancouver and Ovechkin dispelling the stereotype that Russians don't bring it every night. Brooks Laich was lauded for his 12 goals in the last 21 games, and for taking over team captain Chris Clark's role in the front of the net. Bruce Boudreau was about to win the Jack Adams, and all the comments about him and McPhee were glowing. Number 14 was Eric Fehr and 34 was Tomas Fleischmann, who scored the opening goal against Florida. Steve Eminger was the defenseman in 44, off the bench because of the injury to Shaone Morrisson. Cristobal Huet made all the big saves in net. The 4th line was a nuisance for the Cats all night, anchored by Donald Brashear. Ovechkin lept into the arms of Semin and Backstrom when Semin lasered a slapper into the top corner to make the game 3-1. OV also lept in the air to combat Bouwmeester for a flying puck like a jump ball. Sergei Fedorov was arguably the best player in the game. The only Johansson on the ice played for Florida.

How things have changed.
Hockey has it's Cinderella. One of the coolest moments in recent memory as an STH.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:27 AM
amjay13

Backstrom is a full participant in practice today.

Old
01-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjay13 View Post
Backstrom is a full participant in practice today.
**** yeah

Old
01-06-2012, 08:58 AM
Blades of steel
log off.

vCash: 613
Hey guys interesting read from kanoooobs .. Check it out.. http://www.csnwashington.com/hockey-...6&feedID=10376

Old
01-06-2012, 10:38 AM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of steel View Post
Hey guys interesting read from kanoooobs .. Check it out.. http://www.csnwashington.com/hockey-...6&feedID=10376
I like Knuble but he's showing his age out there. Troy is doing for us what Knuble was doing a couple of years ago.

Old
01-06-2012, 12:15 PM
tycoonheart

Stephen Whyno
2 years of Ovechkin as #Caps captain. Hendricks: "If you don’t follow [him], you’ve got something wrong with you." http://wtim.es/xpFiPu

Old
01-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
Stephen Whyno
2 years of Ovechkin as #Caps captain. Hendricks: "If you don’t follow [him], you’ve got something wrong with you." http://wtim.es/xpFiPu
Misleading "tweet." The actual quote is this:

“He leaves every ounce of energy that he has on the ice and works very hard at it, and he wants to be the best and he wants to win,” forward Matt Hendricks said. “If you don’t follow that, you’ve got something wrong with you.”

Old
01-06-2012, 01:10 PM
txpd

Quote:
I like Knuble but he's showing his age out there. Troy is doing for us what Knuble was doing a couple of years ago.
you mean last season. right? knuble was the caps second leading goal scorer for the second half of last season and was good in the playoffs til he broke his hand. scoring a late tying goal on the shift that he broke his hand.

i dont pretend to understand why he was dropped to the 4th line so quickly, but responding to the idea that it was a couple of years ago that knuble was bringing it. he was still bringing his game as good as he ever has when last season ended.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:40 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Perhaps our top line became too one dimensional with Knuble at RW. Stirring the pot, is there any chance he gets traded? He is overpaid for a 4RW. I doubt it for all the obvious reasons, but we talk of bringing in Neil. Sure you don't move out guys in a run - only add. But if we got Neil, where do you see him, supplanting Ward? Getting Brouwer and Ward, the writing is on the wall. Knuble himself said he is not sure how much patience he has being a 4. He has value so would fetch fair return.

We are deep at RW. Brouwer Semin Ward Knuble Beagle. Does anyone wonder why he got demoted? Look at the depth chart. The passing of the torch is slowly happening. No matter how much the biggest homer here likes him, he can't play forever and we are kind of rebuilding still. George has to start making provisions to replace him. Knuble = Cup may soon be more like Brouwer = Cup.

Mike "this is not gonna be another laugher" Knuble was masterful at working the crease and nudging Rolo versus Tampa but it failed. At least he was far more proactive than the rest. I still want to know where Hendricks was. He should have been replaced in the lineup if injured or invisible.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Roughing

SWhyno Stephen Whyno
Per @capgeek, #Caps can acquire up to a $1,065,650 cap hit at the trade deadline. Bruins $13,681,735, Panthers $42,664,187.

Old
01-06-2012, 02:26 PM
tycoonheart

Stephen Whyno
Nicklas Backstrom is not on the ice for #Caps practice.

Katie Carrera
Backstrom won't practice today a #Caps spokesman confirms. Hope to get an update on Backstrom's status here soon.

Well crap.

UPDATE:

Stephen Whyno
Plan is for Backstrom to go on ice in about 10 mins, #Caps spokesman said.

Ok I guess we can stop freaking out.

Old
01-06-2012, 02:49 PM
amjay13

Backstrom and Semin are practicing now.

Old
01-06-2012, 03:11 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
I wouldn't mind if he missed a game or 2 just as an uber precautionary move. Obviously something happened, at minimum he happened to get a migraine after being elbowed in the jaw. These things are tricky. The results were inconclusive. I AM an internet doctor and I would err on the side of caution for the next game.

Old
01-06-2012, 03:12 PM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I wouldn't mind if he missed a game or 2 just as an uber precautionary move. Obviously something happened, at minimum he happened to get a migraine after being elbowed in the jaw. These things are tricky. The results were inconclusive. I AM an internet doctor and I would err on the side of caution for the next game.
I think they are just trying to follow protocol right now. Making sure they're doing everything right so just in case if this is something more than what it is the league can't say they didn't follow procedure.

Old
01-06-2012, 03:15 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
I think they are just trying to follow protocol right now. Making sure they're doing everything right so just in case if this is something more than what it is the league can't say they didn't follow procedure.
Agreed. They are following the newly adopted Sidney Crosby rule.... "don't be stupid"

Old
01-06-2012, 03:23 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
Behind the Kings bench a few rows. Rather watch the offensive zone.
Please oh please pull a Costanza with some ice cream.

Old
01-06-2012, 03:37 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
Please oh please pull a Costanza with some ice cream.
HA HA... uh no. Maybe with a beer bottle.

I'd pull an Elaine but the Kings fans are too nice to complain about my cap gear.

Old
01-06-2012, 03:41 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
HA HA... uh no. Maybe with a beer bottle.

I'd pull an Elaine but the Kings fans are too nice to complain about my cap gear.
Come on....pure comedic gold Jerry, gold I tell ya!

Old
01-06-2012, 03:42 PM
txpd

Quote:
Agreed. They are following the newly adopted Sidney Crosby rule.... "don't be stupid"
who is this Crosby?

Old
01-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
who is this Crosby?

Closed Thread