Hilarious Comments about the Wild...

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2011, 02:23 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

vCash: 500
Hilarious Comments about the Wild...

You don't have to take part in this (and I will edit out the names of the posters who said the comments) but since some of us don't venture out too far from the boards or just casually look at some of the threads on the general and trade forums, I thought I would start a thread just highlighting some of the ridiculous statements about the Wild.

This isn't suppose to be a serious thread, so no flaming, trolling, or any of the other non-sense that sometimes we like to take part in. This is more of a face-palming, they really said that, head shaking thread that we can laugh at.

So without further adieu here is our first quote.

Quote:
So people think Heatley is going to magically become a solid goal scorer again playing with Koivu when he barely produced with Thornton? LOL, ok.

This trade only makes the Wild SLIGHTLY better than before IF Seto and Heatley play to their potential, something both haven't been able to do playing with some of the best talent in the league.

The Wild will finish 12-15 with Heatley scoring around 20 goals and Seto netting 15.
Observing this post, you would think Minnesota had an abundance of goal scorers and didn't have any issues in that department since these trade made us slightly better.

And while I can't disagree Thornton is great, I love how they casually toss aside the fact that Koivu isn't a decent center. Koivu is no slouch of his own. Not in Thornton category but he's a really good center and might mesh well with someone that can you know, shoot the puck and hit the net.

Not only that but Heatley scoring 20 goals and Seto with 15? Yep. That seems reasonable to you all right?

Old
07-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
There are way too many.

Can't choose which one to post to be honest. All I do when I read those comments is laughing.

Old
07-06-2011, 02:28 PM
djgriff

Quote:
Not only that but Heatley scoring 20 goals and Seto with 15? Yep. That seems reasonable to you all right?
A healthy Heatley could put up more than that with James Sheppard as his center.

Old
07-06-2011, 02:33 PM
jraider66

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgriff View Post
A healthy Heatley could put up more than that with James Sheppard as his center.
LOL! Knock on wood! Knock on wood!

Old
07-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 50
Well of course they won't get more than 20 and 15 goals each, they'll be too busy trapping and focusing on playing the most boring hockey of their individual careers! Isn't that what Wild Hockey is all about?

Old
07-06-2011, 02:40 PM
CT*
WOLF GANG

They got a bear dog kitty on their jersey.
Mikko Koivu plays for us
Minnesota is cold

This is what I would assume people making these posts know about the Minnesota Wild, I guess what I'm trying to say is you can't take it too seriously.

I'm not going to get caught up in it, only time will tell.

Old
07-06-2011, 02:54 PM
melinko

vCash: 2551
One of them last night commented how Heatley wont be able to do anything in MN because we are traditionally a bad offensive team.

I guess adding offensive players to your just causes them to regress and you just stay offensively challenged.

Only 1 person understood how flawed that logic is after I commented how are the Sharks going to win the cup if they traditionally choke.

Old
07-06-2011, 02:57 PM
CT*
WOLF GANG

Quote:
Originally Posted by melinko View Post
One of them last night commented how Heatley wont be able to do anything in MN because we are traditionally a bad offensive team.

I guess adding offensive players to your just causes them to regress and you just stay offensively challenged.

Only 1 person understood how flawed that logic is after I commented how are the Sharks going to win the cup if they traditionally choke.
So just because we're the Minnesota Wild, adding players like Heatley and Setoguchi still = no offense, got it.

Old
07-06-2011, 03:46 PM
forthewild

wow i dislike how people put down koivu, like he's a terrible playmaker, for two years he was the wilds most dangerous offensive player with Bruno and Mittens, yeah he might not be flashy but his ability to generate scoring chances for his linemates is amazing in its own right, plus he is rarely out of position and is a solid two way force.

Now when you have two offensive players with him he will have that much more room to maneuver, while the line producing will depend on Heatley and Seto doing the work they need, Koivu is a dangerous player.

Simply put, before he went down the opposing team used their best shutdown pair against koivu, after he went down with injury Mittens and Bruno became useless, that alone should tell you how dangerous koivu can be, not many guys can turn Mittens into a 20g scorer and mind you he missed at least 10 open nets that a guy with a shot would have put in blindfolded.

Yes koivu isn't flashy, he won't razzle and dazzle, but he will give you plenty of juicy scoring chances as long as you can shoot the puck.

Old
07-06-2011, 05:34 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

koivu does almost as well as thornton with a lot less of a team surrounding him--no other threats for the opposition to focus on, third line wingers, etc--and somehow it's ludicrous to think we are better off with Heatley than Havlat. "Heatley is slooooowwwww!" Er...you should have seen what Koivu had on his wing for speed last year. Bleh. It's mostly OTT fans. Just like some of the dildos in our fanbase can't let go of their Gaborik hate for perceived wrongs and chime in at every opportunity, so go a certain population of Sens fans with Heatley. Tell you what--if you're still crying about something imaginary Gaborik did to you please **** about OTT fans beaking about Heatley.

Old
07-06-2011, 05:46 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT View Post
So just because we're the Minnesota Wild, adding players like Heatley and Setoguchi still = no offense, got it.
This is why I found the comment the most hilarious of all.

Old
07-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
"trap trap trap.

The Wild are so boring to watch."

It's funny because most of the people saying this are Oilers fans.

Old
07-06-2011, 05:53 PM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
koivu does almost as well as thornton with a lot less of a team surrounding him--no other threats for the opposition to focus on, third line wingers, etc--and somehow it's ludicrous to think we are better off with Heatley than Havlat. "Heatley is slooooowwwww!" Er...you should have seen what Koivu had on his wing for speed last year. Bleh. It's mostly OTT fans. Just like some of the dildos in our fanbase can't let go of their Gaborik hate for perceived wrongs and chime in at every opportunity, so go a certain population of Sens fans with Heatley. Tell you what--if you're still crying about something imaginary Gaborik did to you please **** about OTT fans beaking about Heatley.
I think the difference is that we, Wild fans, can admit that Gaborik is a good player. When healthy. Sens fans pretend that Heatley is some sort of AHL or Peewee player playing in the NHL.

Old
07-06-2011, 05:56 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
I think the difference is that we, Wild fans, can admit that Gaborik is a good player. When healthy. Sens fans pretend that Heatley is some sort of AHL or Peewee player playing in the NHL.
you'd like to think it's something different, but it isn't. no high ground from whence to toss rocks.

Old
07-06-2011, 06:00 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
That's right, good ol' glass groin is a great player for the 50 games a year he's healthy for, and a decent player for the 15 he plays injured in.

Old
07-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
"trap trap trap.

The Oilers fans are always doing this. I have noticed a lot of Oilers fans on the generals giving no respect to the Wild even though we have kicked their *** all year. It seems like the Canucks posters usually are the ones giving us some credit though

Old
07-06-2011, 06:50 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespeckledkiwi View Post
I believe those numbers are plausible.The talent around the them will be far weaker, and the personal trend for Heatley is in that direction. The entire quote is pretty reasonable. Go fish for worse quotes.

Old
07-06-2011, 06:55 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
I believe those numbers are plausible.The talent around the them will be far weaker, and the personal trend for Heatley is in that direction. The entire quote is pretty reasonable. Go fish for worse quotes.
You legitimately think those two are going to produce at Brunette and Miettinen levels?

I agree some of the numbers that some are hoping for are a bit out there, but Setoguchi and Heatley are vast improvements over the two top six players that they're replacing. Chemistry/different scenarios or not.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
07-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

If Heatly and Seto produce at Bruno and Mitten levels, I will...I will...

something bad.

Old
07-06-2011, 07:27 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
You legitimately think those two are going to produce at Brunette and Miettinen levels?

I agree some of the numbers that some are hoping for are a bit out there, but Setoguchi and Heatley are vast improvements over the two top six players that they're replacing. Chemistry/different scenarios or not.
There's a chance. On paper Heatley and Setoguchi are better players, but without Havlat and Burns there's no great offensive teammates aside from Koivu. Both ex-Sharks rely on teammates for setting up the offense. If they don't mesh with Koivu, anything can happen. Due to likely increased ice time for Setoguchi, I think 20 goals is a fair number. But if he struggles, and the ice time goes with it, 15 is definitely in the ballpark. With Heatley I'm not sure on. Without a comeback in his skill level 20 goals is a very realistic number. But if he does show better speed and shooting, 30+ is fair.

Old
07-06-2011, 07:48 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
There's a chance. On paper Heatley and Setoguchi are better players, but without Havlat and Burns there's no great offensive teammates aside from Koivu. Both ex-Sharks rely on teammates for setting up the offense. If they don't mesh with Koivu, anything can happen. Due to likely increased ice time for Setoguchi, I think 20 goals is a fair number. But if he struggles, and the ice time goes with it, 15 is definitely in the ballpark. With Heatley I'm not sure on. Without a comeback in his skill level 20 goals is a very realistic number. But if he does show better speed and shooting, 30+ is fair.
I can understand where you're coming from on Seto. I wasn't all that high on him to begin with and am still a bit wary of his game until I see more from him in Minnesota. I think a season somewhere around what Brunette and Miettinen were producing is understandable. Who knows how much of an impact his overall game is going to fit in with everyone else and that's my biggest concern and by the sound of it, yours too. Anything more than that is gravy in my opinion. As I've said before, I'm a little more interested in Coyle and the overall deal itself than Seto.

As for Heatley, I just can't see him flailing away as long as he finds some sort of groove with Koivu. And I get the feeling that the team is more or less going to force it by giving them a lot of time together instead of just sort of abandoning it like they did with Havlat. Brunette was a lost soul out there last season. He didn't have a good year at all and if Heatley can't eclipse that, well, I just don't know. I don't want to say there's absolutely no chance that he has that type of year, but I think it's close...

Old
07-06-2011, 08:34 PM
saywut

I am very concerned with Seto. I could see him #6 in goals and #7 in points on our team. I hope not, but I can see it. Just not sold on his skill-set. Until proven otherwise, Coyle is the best asset in that trade for us.

Heatley not so much, I accept that he'll have shifts/nights where he's as invisible as 6'3 can be, but if he scores goals it will be acceptable. Unless Heatley follows up a career-worst year with an even worse year, he's likely to lead the Wild in goals and finish top-2 in points. He's no worse than Havlat when it comes to consistency/all-around play.

Old
07-06-2011, 08:38 PM
MK9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
"trap trap trap.

Wonder if any of those geniuses actually realize we scored more PPG on avg than they did last season? Our 2.48 to their 2.33. Not a big jump, but stones / glass houses and all that. They're playing fire wagon hockey up there in Oil country didn't ya know.

Old
07-06-2011, 08:46 PM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
There's a chance. On paper Heatley and Setoguchi are better players, but without Havlat and Burns there's no great offensive teammates aside from Koivu.
Bouchard? He was pretty G.D. impressive last year. It's prolly the best Bouchard we've seen his whole career. Will he mesh well with Seto or Heaters? Who knows, but don't write him off.

Quote:
The personal trend for Heatley is in that direction.
Please Please Please provide stats. I totaled up Heatley's production in his career. Every year he seems to be a PPG player. Last year was a down year due to a broken wrist/hand and he was still at .8(something) PPG. The year before, being mostly healthy he was at a PPG. IF his production is dipping it's only slightly.

Old
07-06-2011, 08:48 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

It's sorta funny to me, maybe not to anyone else, but why do most people have Columbus in the 7th/8th spot next year and us finishing 14th/15th? They traded away some of their depth for a legit first line center, sure, but if I remember correctly we got two legit first line wingers to go with our first line center? Our depth is at least as good as theirs when getting into the second and third lines (in my opinion) and our defense isn't that much worse (especially if Scandella has a "breakout" season, and Zidlicky stays healthy.)

I'd say the only real difference is we have better goaltending?

Of course I'm a biased Minnesota fan.

It's cause we play the trap, isn't it?

Closed Thread