HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Poile 'optomistic' about closing the deal with Zidlicky

Closed Thread

Old
08-22-2004, 11:04 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Poile 'optomistic' about closing the deal with Zidlicky

http://tennessean.com/sports/predato...nt_ID=56268987

Old
08-23-2004, 01:16 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
I read that Zidlicky scored to help the Czech's escape near defeat today in the Fin-Czech warm-up game.

Old
08-23-2004, 02:28 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

If we had to deal Erat, we could likely get a very reasonable return....especially from a team like Ottawa who is in dire need of a LWer that can play on the top two lines.

08-23-2004, 02:41 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
If we had to deal Erat, we could likely get a very reasonable return....especially from a team like Ottawa who is in dire need of a LWer that can play on the top two lines.

The only player that Ottawa misses from their top 6 is a forward with grit(Scott Walker), they have zero, zilch, none, nada in terms of top 6 grit, and that is the reason they keep on getting bounced by a methusala type team called the Leafs every postseason...Part of it, is the coach, but the other part is the players toughness...and it will always be questioned, until they win the ECF or SCF.

Old
08-23-2004, 02:44 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
I think we would regret dealing Erat, the deal would have to bring a decent center for me to be happy with it.

Old
08-23-2004, 03:10 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
The only player that Ottawa misses from their top 6 is a forward with grit(Scott Walker), they have zero, zilch, none, nada in terms of top 6 grit, and that is the reason they keep on getting bounced by a methusala type team called the Leafs every postseason...Part of it, is the coach, but the other part is the players toughness...and it will always be questioned, until they win the ECF or SCF.
True, but they also have a plethora of right-wingers, with little talent on the lw (except converted rwers).

Old
08-23-2004, 03:54 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
I think dealing erat at this point would be stupid. He's likely to score over 50 points this season and is easily one of the hardest workers on the team. He really fights along the boards for the puck and wins a lot. He'll make $1.5m tops next season and for what you get he is a STEAL at that price. He's only going to get better and his value is only going to go up. Now, I could see us dealing Zidlicky and as much as I like him, I wouldn't be too upset.

Old
08-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
I think dealing erat at this point would be stupid. He's likely to score over 50 points this season and is easily one of the hardest workers on the team. He really fights along the boards for the puck and wins a lot. He'll make $1.5m tops next season and for what you get he is a STEAL at that price. He's only going to get better and his value is only going to go up. Now, I could see us dealing Zidlicky and as much as I like him, I wouldn't be too upset.
Not saying that we should trade him, but in the article Poile is talking about Erat/Hall and their inability to get a deal worked out. He specifically says that if Erat/Hall does not sign with them, it is a risk that they may be replaced. I was simply saying that Erat would likely nab us a fair return IF we were forced to deal. Trust me, I have zero desire to trade him...

Old
08-23-2004, 06:03 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Not saying that we should trade him, but in the article Poile is talking about Erat/Hall and their inability to get a deal worked out. He specifically says that if Erat/Hall does not sign with them, it is a risk that they may be replaced. I was simply saying that Erat would likely nab us a fair return IF we were forced to deal. Trust me, I have zero desire to trade him...
Hall can be replaced quite easily with the just as big/uber power forward Brandon Segal, Erat could be replaced with Shishkanov quite easily as well, so I'm not to terribly afraid of losing those two ... can always deal those two (Hall/Erat) for a decent Centerman, so we can release Arkhipuff.

Old
08-23-2004, 09:37 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
maybe I'm just whatever, but I think erat is one of our most promising forwards for the franchise's future.

He would nab a decent return, though. you are right.

Old
08-23-2004, 10:10 PM
lstcyr

I don't think Poile was saying we would trade them but that Hall and Erat would be in jeapordy of losing their position on the team if they signed a year long contract in Europe. We'd keep their rights because we want them. There would be no pressure to trade them since they couldn't play for anyone else anyway.

Old
08-24-2004, 07:35 AM
crossxcheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr
I don't think Poile was saying we would trade them but that Hall and Erat would be in jeapordy of losing their position on the team if they signed a year long contract in Europe. We'd keep their rights because we want them. There would be no pressure to trade them since they couldn't play for anyone else anyway.
I don't think any of us took it as Poile saying he'd trade them. We were just speaking hypothetically.

Old
08-24-2004, 10:10 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
Hall can be replaced quite easily with the just as big/uber power forward Brandon Segal, Erat could be replaced with Shishkanov quite easily as well, so I'm not to terribly afraid of losing those two ... can always deal those two (Hall/Erat) for a decent Centerman, so we can release Arkhipuff.
They can easily be replaced? Segal hasn't even played an NHL game and Shishkanov has only appeared in 2 games with limited ice time.

Old
08-24-2004, 04:44 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by csstranger
They can easily be replaced? Segal hasn't even played an NHL game and Shishkanov has only appeared in 2 games with limited ice time.

Agreed, those two might replace their counterparts in time, but thinking they will easily replace them even by the start of the 2006 season is wrong. Segal probably won't even start out in Nashville. Hall would be a lock. Same with Shish and Erat.

Old
08-28-2004, 09:51 PM
88Nords19

Anyone heard any updates on Zidlicky? Starting to look like he won't be signed in time for the World Cup like Poile hoped. Sucks, Preds need him signed.

Old
08-29-2004, 07:20 AM
belle

Looking at Numminen makes more sense if there is a problem with Zids.

Old
08-30-2004, 07:48 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Nords19
Anyone heard any updates on Zidlicky? Starting to look like he won't be signed in time for the World Cup like Poile hoped. Sucks, Preds need him signed.
Preds will sign him, there's really no hurry it's not like there's going to be hockey in the next few months.

Closed Thread