Nordiques Nation is coming to Boston

Old
09-29-2011, 05:36 PM
GarbageGoal
AKA Section109

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureConsiderations View Post
It's gotten pretty silly, if you ask me. When they were doing it on Long Island, that was great because the Islanders were a candidate to move. Now that they've been doing Newark, NYC, and Boston, I think the group has lost a lot of its meaning.
I don't think they are targeting relocation cities......just trying to get their message out there. A lot of people didn't like it when they seemed to be showing up to rub it in a struggling franchise's face. I'm not saying that's what they were doing....because they deny it, but it seemed that way at first.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
It's gotten pretty silly, if you ask me. When they were doing it on Long Island, that was great because the Islanders were a candidate to move. Now that they've been doing Newark, NYC, and Boston, I think the group has lost a lot of its meaning even if the Islanders are the visiting team.

That said, I fully support bringing a team to Quebec. If they aren't even named the Nordiques, they should at least pay tribute to the beautiful uniforms.
Harrumph! Harrumph! Harrumph!

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 05:51 PM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
I don't think they are targeting relocation cities......just trying to get their message out there. A lot of people didn't like it when they seemed to be showing up to rub it in a struggling franchise's face. I'm not saying that's what they were doing....because they deny it, but it seemed that way at first.
Quote:
"We just want to show the N.H.L. that Quebec needs a team and is a better market; maybe a third of the markets in the N.H.L. aren't doing so well right now."
"We have a lot of respect for the New York Islanders and what they accomplished in the past - the N.H.L. needs the Islanders," Cauchon said. "But it would be great, awesome, if the Thrashers moved. Atlanta is a great sports city, but it's not a hockey town. We're not going to New York to tell the N.H.L. they didn't do a good job going to Atlanta. We're going there to tell them in Quebec it would work."
-- http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/10/sp...islanders.html

Then which is it? They go to a Thrash-Isles game in NY to make a statement about the Thrashers, and not the Islanders (ostensibly), so now they're going to an Isles-Bruins game in Boston?

Just asking for some consistency.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 06:00 PM
koa02

Quote:
-- http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/10/sp...islanders.html

Then which is it? They go to a Thrash-Isles game in NY to make a statement about the Thrashers, and not the Islanders (ostensibly), so now they're going to an Isles-Bruins game in Boston?

Just asking for some consistency.

Just a pure coincidence that it happens to be the Islanders the visiting team . We have lots of Bruins Fans here, and many of us visited Boston at one day, for a Bruins game, or the Red Sox, or the Celtics, or simply on vacation, the last few years, and everybody really enjoyed the city . So we insisted on having a trip to Boston on the NN to do list and that is the date that we thought was the best for us .

koa02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 06:17 PM
NinthSpoke06

I really don't want to see another team ripped away from fans in the area. It is one thing if it is a team hemorrhaging money and unable to find an owner like the Coyotes, but it is another thing to just decide to up and leave like the Thrashers did.

If the Nordiques are to make a comeback, I hope it is for the right reasons. Not the wrong ones like in Atlanta.

NinthSpoke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Niz Bruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptxMorgan View Post
Dude's lived half of his conscious life in Boston, hell he even has a bit of a Bostonian accent on top of his French Canadian one. I think this city is just about as much of a home as Quebec is to him.
Only because "wicked pissa" doesn't translate well into French.

Niz Bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 07:11 PM
hoss75

I'm looking forward to it. If someone can point me to a place to get some cheap Nordiques shwag, I'll wear something other than black for that game.

hoss75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 07:11 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanSeguin View Post
I really don't want to see another team ripped away from fans in the area. It is one thing if it is a team hemorrhaging money and unable to find an owner like the Coyotes, but it is another thing to just decide to up and leave like the Thrashers did.

If the Nordiques are to make a comeback, I hope it is for the right reasons. Not the wrong ones like in Atlanta.
Atlanta failed to not only support one NHL but two. Giving them a second chance after the Flames went down in...well...flames was stupid...

I don't feel the least bit sympathetic that they took the Thrashers and moved them to Winnepeg though. That city didn't deserve to lose their team originally. The only thing I wished they had done was to give them the Coyotes back so it could have had some symmetry.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by koa02 View Post
Be ready Boston Bruins fans, the Nordiques Nation is heading your way on March 3 2012, against the Islanders . Boston is the 4th out of 5 stops scheduled for the NN this season . The other stops are at New Jersey, Florida, Ottawa and Detroit .

Last year, they brought 1100 fans at Long Island for a game Atlanta vs Islanders, and more than 2 000 people made the 500 miles trip to Newark for a game between the Devils against the Bruins .

For those who don't know who are the Nordiques Nation, it's a fan club that are rooting for the return of the Quebec Nordiques, and the return of the NHL to good hockey markets, and are promoting the love of hockey .

They are real party people, really respectful, making a maximum of noise to get the best ambiance possible . They are coming with their families, from kids to grand parents, and they will cheer for Boston during all the game . It's gonna be a great deal of fun
What in the name of Ron Tugnutt is this all about?

2 questions - 1) will you be bringing along that Michelin man look alike Bon Homme Carnivale as your mascot, and 2) Will you all be singing The Happy Wanderer like you used to do in Le Colisee?

Also, I promise to behave myself but If I see anyone wearing a Dale Hunter jersey I reserve the right to hip check him into the nearest lamp post.

Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:28 PM
koa02

No unfortunately, Bonhomme Carnaval is not coming with us, nor Badaboum . But there is a good chance that Chewbacca and the Hanson brothers will be there again

For the Happy Wanderer song, I don't know . It's been a really long time since I last heard it during a NHL hockey game . It's more during the International Pee-Wee Tournament that we chant it . Good old tradition

You'll probably se a couple Dale Hunter Jerseys, but you'll mostly see numbers 19 and 26

koa02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Salem13

Last game I saw the Nords play live was the "Tugnut Game" amazing for a tie.

Salem13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:35 PM
BklyNBruiN
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Cool story, bro.

Actually, I'd freaking love for the Nordiques to come back. When I was a kid the Bruins record against them in the early 90s was roughly 83-6-1.
Thats funny..

BklyNBruiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Open Ice

It's possible Bergy would head home, but he got here when he was 18, pretty much became a man in this town, almost died in this town, made an amazing comeback in this town, and won a Cup here. Boston's not all that far away from home. He's a Bruin.

Open Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:31 PM
Watch for the Yeti

Can't wait till you guys come to Boston!!

Watch for the Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Watch for the Yeti

This is awesome:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=993699

Watch for the Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Converge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonKid97 View Post
Can't wait till you guys come to Boston!!
Can't wait for this week-end, i have never been in Boston but always wanted to!

Go Bruins!

Converge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:45 PM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by koa02 View Post
Just a pure coincidence that it happens to be the Islanders the visiting team . We have lots of Bruins Fans here, and many of us visited Boston at one day, for a Bruins game, or the Red Sox, or the Celtics, or simply on vacation, the last few years, and everybody really enjoyed the city . So we insisted on having a trip to Boston on the NN to do list and that is the date that we thought was the best for us .
I guess it's just become more of a roaming band of puckheads from Quebec. That's cool, I can respect that.

Still wish they'd move a team there, though. I've got to get to Quebec someday, I've heard nothing but good things.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:07 PM
Paddington

Quebec is a beautiful city and my NHL includes the Nordiques. Growing up, they were always my second favourite team. I don't know what it was about them but I was drawn to that team. I liked the Aves but that quickly faded away....then it returned when Bourque won...and then it faded again lol.

Quebec City is a government city and, like most government cities, they expect handouts for a lot of events. You can't make money by giving tickets away. I hope Quebec City can get a reliable owner and steady corporate support. The fans are there. The NHL needs to go back.

On a side note, for all the pro-Canadian people out there, Quebec City is probably the only remaining place that could support an NHL franchise....aside from the GTA/Southern Ontario.

Paddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:12 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 100
I would like to see Quebec City get their NHLteam back.

....but they can not have Bergy.

I wouldn't mind talking to any of these Nordiques fans. Who can blame them for wanting their team back ?

I would be crushed if the B's ever left Boston.

09-29-2011, 10:22 PM
Ludwig Fell Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Cool story, bro.

Actually, I'd freaking love for the Nordiques to come back. When I was a kid the Bruins record against them in the early 90s was roughly 83-6-1.
When I was a kid the Nordiques tortured the Bruins. I still have nightmares about their power play.

I am rooting for the city to get a team back. The Habs-Nords playoff matchups were epic.

Ludwig Fell Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 06:02 AM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 1150
I remember this, it's cool. A bunch of dedicated fans.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 07:01 AM
ODAAT

Hope the TD has a large smoking area

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 07:08 AM
bigbadbruins1

Cool. It gives me chills knowing people are in love with hockey as much as I am
Looking forward to seeing Nordique Nation!
Nordiques are welcome.. but we will smite the habs.

bigbadbruins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 07:11 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins1 View Post
Cool. It gives me chills knowing people are in love with hockey as much as I am
Looking forward to seeing Nordique Nation!
Nordiques are welcome.. but we will smite the habs.
I went to the Colisee a few times many moons ago for Bruin games when living in Ottawa, completely different attitude of the fans than those who cheer for the Habs. Obviously the history was never there with the B`s but I loved the fans there, they knew how to have a good time and I found myself always hitting the "Disco " with the fans afterwards.

Quebec City is a great city to visit, loads of history for those who are into that, great tourism spot, and the "scenery" is equally, if not better

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 07:51 AM
MetM

It makes sense for them to go there, it's not too far away and Boston is a beautiful city.

Somehow Québec and Boston are similar, 2 old cities with a lot of history... And they both hate the Habs.. lol

MetM is offline   Reply With Quote