HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Swedish Prospect Update Thread - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2011, 08:03 AM
cheerupmurray

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
I'm moving to Lund (near Malmo) next week for six months. Can anyone recommend me some prospects to watch for on the Redhawks or in the Allsvenskan in general?
In Malmö j20 theres nothing much except Andé Burakowsky who is one of swedens big names for the 2013-draft. Nashville-drafted Simon Karlsson is on the team plus the j-20 national team players Hächler (Switzerland) and Meyer (Denmark)

I bet Rasmus Andersson will play some for Malmös j-20 team in the spring, he has only played a few games yet and done well. Rasmus Andersson is a lateborn 1996 d-man that isn't eligble until 2015. He is a real talent, that have serious potential. To be barely 15 and play in Superelit as a d-man is uncommon.

In Malmös senior team theres the talents Joe89 mentioned plus Emil Carnestad (D) and Roger Ohlsson (F), decent players born 1992 that probably wont get any further than allsvenskan in their careers. Ohlsson is a good hardworking defensive center with size and Carnestad a stay at home d-man.

From Lund it's not to far to Ängelholm where Rögle plays, they have a exciting j-20team with plenty of talent (lots of good players that don't get much hype) plus a senior team that is more fun to watch. Rögle got players like Ted Brithén and the danish d-man Jesper Jensen that could go places in their career, plus they use the most amount of juniors than any team in SEL and SEL-2.

Old
12-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Sif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassasin View Post
So 30-30 two way forward?
that's the vibe I'm getting..
Something like that.

Old
12-23-2011, 11:55 AM
BPilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
how's Marcus Högberg projecting compared to guys like Lehner, Markström, Dansk and so on?
Högberg's been behind Dansk pretty much all the way, at least when it comes to the national team. He is a really big guy and was already last year a "name" when he played J18 Elit/Allsvenskan. I saw him a few times last year and didn't think he was that good. He had a hard time holding on to shots and let some soft goals in. This year he moved up to SuperElit despite being a late '94 and has been a monster. He had a bit of a slow start maybe but has been prolific since. Best GAA, best SVS% in all of SuperElit.

He was the main reason LHC J20 could turn things around after their tough start and has, for all I can see, pretty much same potential as Dansk.

Old
12-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Fregus
Modo Hockey

2012 eligible goalie Linus Ullmark just made his SEL debut for Modo. Although he let in two rather easy goals he did an excellent job overall with a couple of really good saves and in total 34 shots stopped.

Game highlights:

http://www.elitserienplay.se/#/video.1347832494001

Worth noting is the fact that Modo only had their goalie coach left to backup Linus. Regular starter caught a cold and regular backup Anton Forsberg is in Calgary.

Old
12-26-2011, 01:57 PM
cheerupmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fregus View Post
2012 eligible goalie Linus Ullmark just made his SEL debut for Modo. Although he let in two rather easy goals he did an excellent job overall with a couple of really good saves and in total 34 shots stopped.

Game highlights:

http://www.elitserienplay.se/#/video.1347832494001

Worth noting is the fact that Modo only had their goalie coach left to backup Linus. Regular starter caught a cold and regular backup Anton Forsberg is in Calgary.
Ullmark will probably be drafted, paired with Forsberg and the fact that they have other younger good goalies in the system as Silfwerfeldt Öhman leads me to believe theres a new goalie factory on the rise with Modo.

Old
12-28-2011, 04:17 PM
cheerupmurray

Defenseman Ludvig Byström (Modo) put up his first point in his senior career this evening in SEL. He is draft-eligble 2012 and is probably the top d-man from Sweden in this draft together with Hampus Lindholm (Rögle) that put up his first point in his senior career yesterday in SEL-2.

Both theese kids have the potential to rise trough the rankings given the opportunity to play in the mens league. If they do well in wjc u-18 they might have a outside chance to be picked late first or early second round. In the case of Byström perhaps even mid-first.

Old
12-28-2011, 04:54 PM
nanzenkills

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
Defenseman Ludvig Byström (Modo) put up his first point in his senior career this evening in SEL. He is draft-eligble 2012 and is probably the top d-man from Sweden in this draft together with Hampus Lindholm (Rögle) that put up his first point in his senior career yesterday in SEL-2.

Both theese kids have the potential to rise trough the rankings given the opportunity to play in the mens league. If they do well in wjc u-18 they might have a outside chance to be picked late first or early second round. In the case of Byström perhaps even mid-first.
Both of these kids seem to have the potential to go in the first round for sure. Craig Button already has both of them in his top 15 overall, and I've seen at least one other independent scouting service put Bystrom in the 20s.

Old
12-30-2011, 05:09 PM
Hockeyfrilla

Anyone here watch Södertälje often? How good is Emil Lundberg? Chances of being drafted?

Old
12-30-2011, 06:23 PM
Canuck71

Any info on Gustav Possler? Putting up solid numbers and isn't eligible until 2013.

Old
01-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Fregus
Modo Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck71 View Post
Any info on Gustav Possler? Putting up solid numbers and isn't eligible until 2013.
Typical goal scorer really. Decent speed, hands, grit and everything but what stands out is his ability to always being able to put the puck in the net.

Has played two games for Modo in the SEL this year and scored one goal:

He's likley to play the WJC next year.

Old
01-03-2012, 10:09 AM
NYR Viper

How have:

Oscar Lindberg

Jesper Fasth

looked? Is Fasth still injured?

Old
01-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Oskar Norlov anyone? Can't really find anything on him and he's '12 eligible. Has he really played less than 10 games this year? What's his story?

Old
01-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Thanks everybody for the suggestions. Looking forward to taking in some good hockey in the next few months.

Old
01-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Minister of Offence

Andre Petersson

27 GP 10G 11A +6

In his last 14 he has 17 points. Since coming back from injury he has 7 points in his last 3.

Old
01-08-2012, 11:49 AM
WayneBruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Andre Petersson

27 GP 10G 11A +6

In his last 14 he has 17 points. Since coming back from injury he has 7 points in his last 3.
Sounds pretty good, that guy sure has skill.

Old
01-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Fregus
Modo Hockey

2012 eligible defenseman Ludvig Byström is playing very solid in the SEL at the moment. He got "called up" from the juniors due to some injury problems on the senior team and should be rewarded with a spot on the lineup.

Old
01-11-2012, 08:53 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Klingberg interview from Jokerit website:

Old
01-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Coffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Anyone here watch Södertälje often? How good is Emil Lundberg? Chances of being drafted?
He's been very good this season and has worked his way up from the 4th line to the first, now playing with Jakobsen (best player on the team). So far he has played in every discipline from PK to PP and he has been given plenty of ice-time in crucial moments of the game.

He has used his size to win battles in the corner and he goes to the net well, albeit I would like him to utilize his size even more. He has a decent shot and a pretty good hockeysense. He isn't the fastest skater and he needs to work on that. It's not like he's being a bambi on ice but he ain't no Ovechkin.

Since he is also playing on a team that has problems putting the pucks in the net his point totals does not reflect on his performance as I feel he has been somewhat unlucky when the chances have shown themselves and he has also played with linemates able to fluff open-netters when he has set them up.

Chances of being drafted then? My heavily biased answer is a clear yes.

But take this for what it is, a fans observations. Someone might have a more professional answer for you.

Old
01-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Hockeyfrilla

Thanks for the info Swedish flyer.

check out Leksands "1st line" tonight vs Bofors: De la Rose(95) - Händemark(93) - F.Forsberg(94)

Last edited by Hockeyfrilla: 01-11-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old
01-11-2012, 02:02 PM
nanzenkills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Thanks for the info Swedish flyer.

check out Leksands "1st line" tonight vs Bofors: De la Rose(95) - Händemark(93) - F.Forsberg(94)
Is that Leksand's J20 team or their Allsvenskan team?

Old
01-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Garl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanzenkills View Post
Is that Leksand's J20 team or their Allsvenskan team?
Since Bofors doesn't have a J20 superelite team, I guess it's Allsvenskan.

Old
01-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Hockeyfrilla

...and Jacob De la Rose scores in his first allsvenskan game, assist Forsberg, Händemark.

Forsberg 0+2 so far.

Old
01-11-2012, 04:12 PM
cheerupmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by A swedish flyer View Post
He's been very good this season and has worked his way up from the 4th line to the first, now playing with Jakobsen (best player on the team). So far he has played in every discipline from PK to PP and he has been given plenty of ice-time in crucial moments of the game.

He has used his size to win battles in the corner and he goes to the net well, albeit I would like him to utilize his size even more. He has a decent shot and a pretty good hockeysense. He isn't the fastest skater and he needs to work on that. It's not like he's being a bambi on ice but he ain't no Ovechkin.

Since he is also playing on a team that has problems putting the pucks in the net his point totals does not reflect on his performance as I feel he has been somewhat unlucky when the chances have shown themselves and he has also played with linemates able to fluff open-netters when he has set them up.

Chances of being drafted then? My heavily biased answer is a clear yes.

But take this for what it is, a fans observations. Someone might have a more professional answer for you.
I am no expert or professional either but If Emil Lundberg doesn't get drafted I would be very surprised, he looks very good in my limited wieving. The only main flaw is skating, especially acceleration, since his topspeed doesn't seem all that bad. He is ranked way to low in CSS midterm ranking, no chance in hell theres 51 better prospects in Europe for this draft.

Old
01-11-2012, 05:24 PM
WayneBruce

I have a question about the U18 WJC. What date decides eligibility?

Would be awesome have a line of Forsberg-Lindholm-Collberg, but Collberg is going to be 18 when the tournament starts. Heard somewhere that he would still be able to play though.

Old
01-11-2012, 05:26 PM
nanzenkills

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlamov71 View Post
I have a question about the U18 WJC. What date decides eligibility?

Would be awesome have a line of Forsberg-Lindholm-Collberg, but Collberg is going to be 18 when the tournament starts. Heard somewhere that he would still be able to play though.
It is year of birth. Anyone born in 1994 will be eligible to play that tournament this year. So Collberg is eligible, but Aberg, as an example, is not.

Closed Thread