HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Away Gamer! - November 20th (Sharks @ Colorado)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-30-2011, 08:09 PM
  #26
bedson4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCrusher21 View Post
Is there any good bar to hang out also in the area of where I am near the Curtis?
You'll be just a couple blocks from two very good restaurants with great happy hour deals. Panzano and Euclid Hall both have some great microbrew and appetizer deals for happy hour. Pretty sure they both have happy hour 7 days a week.

As far as actual bars, the Pour House and the Front Porch aren't bad. Both within a few blocks of the Curtis.

bedson4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 08:17 PM
  #27
kchan9
Registered User
 
kchan9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCrusher21 View Post
Hey Denver, I thought you guys were more welcoming than this. Give this guy some advice. I am also coming for opening night would be greatly appreciated if I know where to go along the weekend since it's my first time coming from Quebec City.
Good to hear man! I'll come coming down from Edmonton and I was planning on staying at The Curtis but ended up going with Crowne Plaza...the game tix absolutely took a toll on me but u are right, it's the one game I can not miss!

kchan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 08:21 PM
  #28
foppagirl21
Registered User
 
foppagirl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Yeah two days it's definitely not worth it, but Colorado is definitely a car town.
Agree 100%. I grew up in the SW metro area and there is NO WAY to get ANYWHERE sans a car. ...anywho, there is so much to offer outside of the city of Denver it is not even funny. Such a sprawling city that butts into the foothills (love the Morrison/Golden areas!). Now I miss Colorado... s'ok, though.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 09:52 PM
  #29
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 6,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
Colorado is... a... Town?
You spelling nazi.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:24 PM
  #30
Mant*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
You spelling nazi.
Hell of a typo when you call Colorado a town.

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 12:15 AM
  #31
Ice Crusher
Registered User
 
Ice Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,564
vCash: 500
I'm not even scared to pay for the cab as long as it doesn't cost me as much for a rent car! Anyway, I am sure it won't be the last time I'll go to Denver so next time I go, I'll probably visit more outside of Denver. For now, I'll just try to enjoy the town. Just wish I'll meet some players...

Is there any way we can meet them other than the game? That's why I wanted to go the practice cause I would have had more chance and see the marvelous way of how Joe Sacco coaches.

Ice Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 08:14 PM
  #32
CBTintShark
Rookie User
 
CBTintShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
I will have the car, staying at the Hilton Garden Inn downtown. Coming in Saturday the 19th, leaving November 21st... I need the following things...

1. a place for all my crazy single friends (gambling optional since I don't know the laws there...

2. a place that has the "Center Ice" package since there's a Sharks game on the 19th that I don't want to miss. HA!

3. being that I'm from California, I would be doing myself a diservice if I didn't clarify what Colorado's law on Weed was as well!

I'm going to do the Coors brewery tour, but everything else is up to your advice! I like the sound of the one drink maximum margarita, and the chop house sounds fan-fricken tastic too but that's not going to fill our night for sure!

Thanks for the help guys!

CBTintShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 08:56 PM
  #33
foppagirl21
Registered User
 
foppagirl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBTintShark View Post
I will have the car, staying at the Hilton Garden Inn downtown. Coming in Saturday the 19th, leaving November 21st... I need the following things...

1. a place for all my crazy single friends (gambling optional since I don't know the laws there...

2. a place that has the "Center Ice" package since there's a Sharks game on the 19th that I don't want to miss. HA!

3. being that I'm from California, I would be doing myself a diservice if I didn't clarify what Colorado's law on Weed was as well!

I'm going to do the Coors brewery tour, but everything else is up to your advice! I like the sound of the one drink maximum margarita, and the chop house sounds fan-fricken tastic too but that's not going to fill our night for sure!

Thanks for the help guys!
Hahahaha, the Coors brewery! I remember (when I was little- yes, I was going to the brewery since I was 10) when you could just cut through the brewery straight to the tasting room. Now you have to go through the whole thing. Pssh. There are some fun places to go in Golden as well as Morrison (10 min south on C-470; head East on it). If you do end up going to Morrison, check out Red Rocks for the heck of it and then go to Morrison Inn for their 60 oz margarita (fun to share with some people) and on the walls of celebrities, hunt for the Polaroid photo of Shjon Podein with the Stanley Cup. Not a lot of singles hang out there (Golden/Morrison are not really "single friendly" areas).

If your friends REALLY want to gamble, you all can head up to Black Hawk (gambling and drinking). It is a bit out of the way (near Idaho Springs), but could be worth it. Check out what events are going on up there.

The margaritas at Rio are max of 3 apparently, but you will definitely feel it after 1 (2 and you are more than good to go). Market and Larimer streets (LoDo aka by Pepsi Center) have some great restaurants/bars and are VERY single friendly. Tons of fun! Cannot remember names of places I have been to in the past, but if you stay between 14th and 17th streets, you should find plenty to do. But I do recommend the Chop House. My dad met Britney Spears there once (for what it is worth).


Last edited by foppagirl21: 10-01-2011 at 09:04 PM.
foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 09:06 PM
  #34
Landeslog
Registered User
 
Landeslog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 4,280
vCash: 500
The Rio in Boulder recently changed their Margarita limit to 2! Those are the best margaritas I've ever had though.

Chop House is delicious as is Rodizzio Grill. Both kind of pricey.

I don't think I've been to many sports bars in Denver that don't have Center Ice. Try Sports Column or The Tavern. Both typical sports bars but I know for sure both have Center Ice.

If you have a car, The Cherry Cricket has the best burgers I've ever had. Pretty busy, though.

Landeslog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 09:36 PM
  #35
foppagirl21
Registered User
 
foppagirl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam333 View Post
The Rio in Boulder recently changed their Margarita limit to 2! Those are the best margaritas I've ever had though.

Chop House is delicious as is Rodizzio Grill. Both kind of pricey.

I don't think I've been to many sports bars in Denver that don't have Center Ice. Try Sports Column or The Tavern. Both typical sports bars but I know for sure both have Center Ice.

If you have a car, The Cherry Cricket has the best burgers I've ever had. Pretty busy, though.
Cherry Cricket burgers are amazing. Worth the drive and time.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:14 PM
  #36
CBTintShark
Rookie User
 
CBTintShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Oh I'm TOTALLY going for that 50oz Margarita... lol

CBTintShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:34 PM
  #37
foppagirl21
Registered User
 
foppagirl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBTintShark View Post
Oh I'm TOTALLY going for that 50oz Margarita... lol
Morrison is an old mountain town right at the base of the foothills and Morrison Inn is a wee bit of a dive. Cute town, for sure, but there is really nothing else to do there. So make sure you have a plan to get out of the town once you drink that margarita, haha.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:45 AM
  #38
CBTintShark
Rookie User
 
CBTintShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
Morrison is an old mountain town right at the base of the foothills and Morrison Inn is a wee bit of a dive. Cute town, for sure, but there is really nothing else to do there. So make sure you have a plan to get out of the town once you drink that margarita, haha.
If it's too much of a "dive" I may just stick to the 2 Marg maximum at the place downtown. HA! Can't wait!! Only a couple months to go!!

CBTintShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 10:27 AM
  #39
foppagirl21
Registered User
 
foppagirl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBTintShark View Post
If it's too much of a "dive" I may just stick to the 2 Marg maximum at the place downtown. HA! Can't wait!! Only a couple months to go!!
See, the thing is the place is awesome. ...there is just absolutely NOTHING to do anywhere near it. Honestly. If you were in town for longer, then yeah, I would tell you to go check it out, but go to Rio and get the killer strong margaritas downtown. If you have had too much, well, you will be able to get back to your hotel quickly and safely! ...or find other things to do nearby!

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 11:52 AM
  #40
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,941
vCash: 500
One thing you can do if you don't have much time is at least get breakfast in Kitridge or some foothill town... Soooo goood.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 01:15 PM
  #41
CBTintShark
Rookie User
 
CBTintShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
See, the thing is the place is awesome. ...there is just absolutely NOTHING to do anywhere near it. Honestly. If you were in town for longer, then yeah, I would tell you to go check it out, but go to Rio and get the killer strong margaritas downtown. If you have had too much, well, you will be able to get back to your hotel quickly and safely! ...or find other things to do nearby!
I figure we'll be good if we can get our pre-game on there... a couple of strong margi's and I won't even need to drink at the game. HA!

CBTintShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 02:20 PM
  #42
foppagirl21
Registered User
 
foppagirl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBTintShark View Post
I figure we'll be good if we can get our pre-game on there... a couple of strong margi's and I won't even need to drink at the game. HA!
But you HAVE to drink at the game! The beer prices at the Can are one of the lowest (if not THE lowest) in the entire NHL. Granted, it's Coors...

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 02:21 PM
  #43
foppagirl21
Registered User
 
foppagirl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
One thing you can do if you don't have much time is at least get breakfast in Kitridge or some foothill town... Soooo goood.
Bear Creek Tavern?!?

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:16 PM
  #44
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
Bear Creek Tavern?!?
Yes ma'am.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:20 PM
  #45
foppagirl21
Registered User
 
foppagirl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
Yes ma'am.
High five. I have only met a few people in Colorado (I grew up in uninc. JeffCo for reference) who had any idea what the Bear Creek Tavern was. Wow. You gained multiple brownie points in my book. Well done.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:23 PM
  #46
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
High five. I have only met a few people in Colorado (I grew up in uninc. JeffCo for reference) who had any idea what the Bear Creek Tavern was. Wow. You gained multiple brownie points in my book. Well done.
so what'll it be






I was born in Golden but grew up in Chicago. Whenever we would come and visit family here we would always go to where the REAL Colorado people dine.

But yes to the OP do yourself a favor and go to Kittredge (spelled it wrong) and eat at Bear Tavern for breakfast.

I recommend the French Toast... They will literally give you half a loaf of bread too.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:34 PM
  #47
foppagirl21
Registered User
 
foppagirl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
so what'll it be






I was born in Golden but grew up in Chicago. Whenever we would come and visit family here we would always go to where the REAL Colorado people dine.

But yes to the OP do yourself a favor and go to Kittredge (spelled it wrong) and eat at Bear Tavern for breakfast.

I recommend the French Toast... They will literally give you half a loaf of bread too.
Kittredge is a bit of a trek (and if you get nauseated on winding roads, beware), but it is an absolutely gorgeous drive and worth it if you really want to get out of the city.

Oh, there is an AMAZING breakfast place in downtown Littleton (as well as some fun bars at night- The Tavern can be fun) and it a short walk away from one of the light rail stops (not sure exactly which one). Some cool stuff in downtown Littleton if you want to take a short (20 min or so) trip sans car.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:49 PM
  #48
Sgarbossy
Registered User
 
Sgarbossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,463
vCash: 2000
2 really good breakfast places are 'breakfast on Broadway' for its bottomless mimosa, and lucilles for creole inspired food. Both excellent choices.

Sgarbossy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:59 PM
  #49
SB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
Kittredge is a bit of a trek (and if you get nauseated on winding roads, beware), but it is an absolutely gorgeous drive and worth it if you really want to get out of the city.

Oh, there is an AMAZING breakfast place in downtown Littleton (as well as some fun bars at night- The Tavern can be fun) and it a short walk away from one of the light rail stops (not sure exactly which one). Some cool stuff in downtown Littleton if you want to take a short (20 min or so) trip sans car.
Snooze.

Littleton even has a pretty seedy dive bar, Ned Kelly's. And it has Kilkenny on tap, which is pretty rare in the US.

McKinner's is a nice neighborhood bar, good pizza, good atmosphere. Mixed drinks are good but can be overpriced; there is usually a beer special or two, though.

SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 10:19 PM
  #50
foppagirl21
Registered User
 
foppagirl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Snooze.

Littleton even has a pretty seedy dive bar, Ned Kelly's. And it has Kilkenny on tap, which is pretty rare in the US.

McKinner's is a nice neighborhood bar, good pizza, good atmosphere. Mixed drinks are good but can be overpriced; there is usually a beer special or two, though.
The breakfast place is amazing though. It is ran out of one of the old downtown Littleton homes. I cannot remember the name of it, but it is off on the right down one of the residential roads as you are heading west on Main (near the old auto collision place). My friend lives in the new apartments off of Santa Fe and we have meandered into DT Littleton a few times and were entertained. That being said, I do not recommend anything in the normal Littleton area (both DougCo and JeffCo) areas. Absolutely nothing to do. There is a reason why it was dubbed "LittleFun".

And what city does not have a seedy dive bar? I mean, really. Heck, even the place in Kittredge mentioned in this thread is attached to an old biker bar (renovated and whatnot, but still).

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.