HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-purpose prospect thread (all St. John's and Jets prospect talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2012, 08:11 AM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Not sure if anyone posted this.

Either way here's a Q and A with our very own Chef Lee.

http://puck-central.blogspot.ca/2012...arrie.html?m=1
Thanks for posting this.

I think someone mentioned it before, but Scheifele counts Ladd and Bogosian as the two guys that helped him the most while in Winnipeg. Even singles out Bogosian as the guy who was helping him with how to conduct himself.

I know it was an article on Scheifele, but it's stuff like that that makes me like Bogosian even more.

Old
03-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Telegin just keeps coming doesn't he?

A few years down the road we should have some nice big wingers with speed . Wheeler , Kane , Telegin and Lowry. That should be a very solid corp , now a center or two .
Now we just got to hope those young guys put it together and develop before our current set start on their downward trends. Not saying it's going to happen, but realistically powerforwards take a while to develop, and with Lowry missing so much of this season, I think the earliest he'll have a genuine shot at breaking camp is three years away.

Mind you, are forwards are pretty young...

Old
03-23-2012, 09:43 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Thanks for posting this.

I think someone mentioned it before, but Scheifele counts Ladd and Bogosian as the two guys that helped him the most while in Winnipeg. Even singles out Bogosian as the guy who was helping him with how to conduct himself.

I know it was an article on Scheifele, but it's stuff like that that makes me like Bogosian even more.
thanks for the link Sweech

Yea Huff when we were just in the "getting to know you phase" with Bogosian this is one of the things that stuck out for me. I had read an interview with Mark where he mentioned Ladd and Bogosian and I remember being both surprised and really happy. Remember back then Zack was coming off a season from he11 and yet he was still taking time to mentor a young player. To me it spoke volumes to Zach's character and leadership abilities. It was one of the key reasons I was really HOPING hard for Zack to take a big step forward this season and he hasn't disappointed.

Old
03-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Rheged
JMFT

Stats have been updated and playoff stat tables have been added to the top of the first page.

A few notes:

Frolunda was eliminated in the SEL playoffs by Brynas earlier this week so Fredrik Petersson and Nicklas Lasu are done for the season. Farjestads won their series though so Petersson-Wentzel is still in it, though I doubt he'll draw in to any more games at this point.

Atlant (Zubarev) is currently down 3-2 in their series against SKA in the second round of the KHL playoffs.

The NCAA tournament kicks off today, Michigan State (Leveille) is playing Union, and then later Michigan (Serville) plays Cornell. Tomorrow will see BU (Cisse) face Minnesota and Maine (O'Neill) against Minnesota-Duluth.

Edit:

Michigan State lost today so Leveille's season is done, he didn't record any points.

Last edited by Rheged: 03-23-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old
03-23-2012, 11:58 AM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
Now we just got to hope those young guys put it together and develop before our current set start on their downward trends. Not saying it's going to happen, but realistically powerforwards take a while to develop, and with Lowry missing so much of this season, I think the earliest he'll have a genuine shot at breaking camp is three years away.

Mind you, are forwards are pretty young...
Age should not be a factor , Kane is 20 , Wheeler 25 in 3 or 4 years they are still young (Kane ) and in his prime ( Wheeler ).

2012 and 2013 are big draft years for the jets.

Old
03-23-2012, 12:02 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

yah, I was thinking more along the lines of our "complementary" pieces (ladd/little/etc) and then after i posted i realized their all quite young as well.

I think for a span of (at least) five years, starting in the 14-15 season we'll be a very good team.

Last edited by Grind: 03-23-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old
03-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Aerial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
thanks for the link Sweech

Yea Huff when we were just in the "getting to know you phase" with Bogosian this is one of the things that stuck out for me. I had read an interview with Mark where he mentioned Ladd and Bogosian and I remember being both surprised and really happy.
You know, sort of vague / OT, but I think we have a really, really good group of guys here. I feel very good about bringing prospects up into this group -- seems we no shortage of guys who are willing and able to be mentors and role models. Cool to hear that one of our younger guys (Bogo) is filling that role too. Bogo seems like he really wants to be a leader here.

Old
03-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Rheged
JMFT

Check out http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/video/index for highlights from the OHL playoffs last night.

Starting at 2:00 theres a sweet pass from Scheifele to Telegin for Barrie's first goal last night.

Old
03-23-2012, 01:32 PM
jetkarma

Here are some posts pertaining to the Barrie Colts playoff win last night. These HAVE to make you feel very very good about a certain player who probably was pretty much under the radar last May when we got the good news.

One player elevating his game to a top six level that is unexpected , is huge , plus you add the size/speed factor? wow ... really exciting imo.

Was in Barrie for game one tonight, Barrie played well. Ivan Telegin was impressive. He definitely stepped up with Tanner Pearson out. He scored 2 goals, one which was beautifully set up by Scheifele. His speed is off the charts, it looked like he was never tired all game. Aaron Ekblad was solid in holding down the fort. He is so smart with the puck it's almost effortless. Mississauga's first line was no where to be seen, they looked tired out there. Brandon Maxwell had a very solid game in keeping the game close. 2-1, until the empty netter. Brandon Maxwell delivered a brutal two handed slash to Telegin on the skates with 0.4 seconds on the clock behind the play. The refs missed the play but if the league reviews the play I would assume a possible suspension for Maxwell.

Tonight wasn't Telegin stepping up, it's Telegin playing exactly the same way he's played for the past two months. Far and away the best Colt over the past 60 days. Tonight was the big test for the Colts. Had to win at home, and with CB24 back on Monday there is no reason they shouldn't win in 6, and if we're lucky 5 games.

Good job by the boys last night to go up 1-0 in the series. Very defensive series it's looking like its going to be, with the difference likely to come down to special teams. Colts 1/3 on PP, Majors 0/5 last night. Great job by Sutch blocking endless pucks, PK was solid, once again Telegin was a force all night for us.(I wonder if he'll ever get noticed around the league) Solid games from the d core also shutting down the majors top line. Berger with a strong game also.

Seeing him on TV is completely different than seeing him play live, you get more of an appreciation of his game. Telegin is so dynamic and his speed is just on another level. He see's the ice well and is in very good position. Mississauga has their hands full with Barrie's top line.

Old
03-23-2012, 02:11 PM
Huffer

I'm not going to put the jinx on Telegin and expect him to make the Jets next year, but you would think for sure he is on the Ice Caps.

I will be really interested to see how he does at that level. I think that will give us the best indication on how far he is away from the NHL.

Old
03-23-2012, 05:36 PM
LeafsColts13

vCash: 1400
You guys have great players in Telegin and Scheifele and I think you will see them on a line together because they have great chemistry and when Scheifele sends the stretch pass to Telegin he is gone with his speed and usually ends up with a breakaway. Telegin has been lights out since January and Scheifele has been heating up over the last 10 or so games.

Old
03-23-2012, 05:56 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Just be patient!

Jets CHL Prospects Report for Friday, March 23

Jets CHL Prospects Report for Friday, March 23

Everett Silvertips 2 Tri-City Americans 7 (FINAL)
http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/61483

Tri-City leads series 1-0

Zach Yuen, TC; G-0, A-0, Plus/Minus 0, PIM-2

Regina Pats 3 Moose Jaw Warriors 2 (FINAL)
http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/61406

Regina leads series 1-0

Kendall McFaull, MJ; G-0, A-0, Plus/Minus 0, PIM-2

Barrie Colts 0 Mississauga St. Michaels Majors 4 (FINAL)
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/61432

Series tied 1-1

Mark Scheifele, BAR; G-0, A-0, Plus/Minus -2, PIM-6

Ivan Telegin, BAR; G-0, A-0, Plus/Minus -2, PIM-0

Owen Sound Attack 2 Kitchener Rangers 6 (FINAL)
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/61430

Kitchener leads series 1-0

Cody Sol, KIT; G-0, A-2, Plus/Minus +3, PIM-2

Belleville Bulls 2 Ottawa 67's 4 (FINAL)
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/61433

Ottawa leads series 2-0

Austen Brassard, BEL; G-0, A-0, Plus/Minus 0, PIM-2

Niagara IceDogs 6 Oshawa Generals 1 (FINAL)
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/61434

Niagara leads series 2-0

Julian Melchiori, OSH; G-0, A-0, Plus/Minus -2, PIM-0

Tomorrow's Games
Kitchener Rangers (Cody Sol) @ Owen Sound Attack
Regina Pats @ Moose Jaw Warriors (Kendall McFaull)
Everett Silvertips @ Tri-City Americans (Zach Yuen)

Last edited by AndersUlfBobby: 03-23-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old
03-23-2012, 06:00 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Just be patient!

Friday, March 24, 2012

St. John's IceCaps 4 Syracuse Crunch 5 (SO)
(FINAL)

Game Summary
http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1009619

Scoring
1. SYR Holzapfel, (14) (McMillan, Jacques), 1:08
1. SYR Jacques, (20) (Holland, Carle), 3:28 (PP)
1. STJ Cormier, (15) , 4:50
1. STJ Albert, (7) (Ramsey, Festerling), 6:00 (SH)
1. STJ King, (20) (DeSantis, Gagnon), 8:14 (PP)
1. SYR Bodie, (5) , 9:49
1. SYR Cumiskey, (5) (Caputi, Holzapfel), 15:11 (PP)
2. STJ DeSantis, (11) (King, Jaffray), 19:23 (PP)

Starting Goaltender
David Aebischer, but replaced by Pasquale after the 1st period.

Notes
Syracuse outshot Caps 42-29. St.John's goes 2/3 on the PP, 5/7 on PK and take 26 PIMs

Last edited by AndersUlfBobby: 03-23-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old
03-24-2012, 05:41 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Just be patient!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

St. John's IceCaps 2 W-B/Scranton Penguins 0
(FINAL)

Game Summary
http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1009633

Scoring
1. STJ Gagnon, (12) (Sawada), 19:39
2. STJ Gregoire, (6) (Albert, Redmond), 7:16

Starting Goaltender
Eddie Pasquale

Notes
WBS outshoots St.John's 27-21. The IceCaps go 0/2 on the PP, 3/3 on the PK and take 3 minors.

Last edited by AndersUlfBobby: 03-24-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old
03-24-2012, 05:43 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Just be patient!

Jets CHL Prospects Report for Saturday, March 24

Jets CHL Prospects Report for Saturday, March 24

Everett Silvertips 1 Tri-City Americans 3 (FINAL)
http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/61484

Tri-City leads series 2-0

Zach Yuen, TC; G-0, A-0, Plus/Minus 0, PIM-2

Regina Pats 1 Moose Jaw Warriors 8 (FINAL)
http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/61407

Series tied 1-1

Kendall McFaull, MJ; G-0, A-0, Plus/Minus +1, PIM-2

Kitchener Rangers 3 Owen Sound Attack 2 (FINAL)
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/61436

Kitchener leads series 2-0

Cody Sol, KIT; G-0, A-0, Plus/Minus -1, PIM-2

Tomorrow's Games
Oshawa Generals (Julian Melchiori) @ Niagara IceDogs
Ottawa 67's @ Belleville Bulls (Austen Brassard)

Last edited by AndersUlfBobby: 03-24-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old
03-25-2012, 12:54 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
I'm not going to put the jinx on Telegin and expect him to make the Jets next year, but you would think for sure he is on the Ice Caps.

I will be really interested to see how he does at that level. I think that will give us the best indication on how far he is away from the NHL.
Telegin will DEFINITELY be moving on next year. Too bad for us in Barrie . At this point he could make the Jets to me. He's been insane good since he got healthy after the WJC. In my mind he's closer to the NHL than Scheifele, although Mark doesn't have the option of the AHL next season so that might give him a leg up on making the big team over Ivan (if they feel he's learned everything he needs to learn here).

Rough game Friday night though...an inferior team found a way to bottle them both up.

Old
03-25-2012, 03:49 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Just be patient!

Jets CHL Prospects Report for Sunday, March 25

Jets CHL Prospects Report for Sunday, March 25

Ottawa 67's 3 Belleville Bulls 4 (OT) (FINAL)
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/61437

(Ottawa leads series 2-1)

Austen Brassard, BEL; G-0, A-0, Plus/Minus +1, PIM-2

Oshawa Generals 6 Niagara IceDogs 4 (FINAL)
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/61440

(Niagara leads series 2-1)

Julian Melchiori, OSH; G-0, A-0, Plus/Minus -1, PIM-0

Tomorrow's Games
Owen Sound Attack @ Kitchener Rangers (Cody Sol) (6:00 CDT)
Mississauga St. Michaels Majors @ Barrie Colts (Mark Scheifele & Ivan Telegin) (6:30 CDT)

Last edited by AndersUlfBobby: 03-25-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old
03-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Rheged
JMFT

The weekend of NCAA games saw all of our prospects teams eliminated, Leveille and O'Neill are both finished their college careers.

Leveille most likely will not be signed, but according to this article O'Neill agreed to terms on a contract last night and will report to St. Johns. I see no other confirmation of this yet, capgeek usually has signings like this pretty quick, but I have no reason to think it isn't likely that he'll be playing for the IceCaps shortly.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
Telegin will DEFINITELY be moving on next year. Too bad for us in Barrie . At this point he could make the Jets to me. He's been insane good since he got healthy after the WJC. In my mind he's closer to the NHL than Scheifele, although Mark doesn't have the option of the AHL next season so that might give him a leg up on making the big team over Ivan (if they feel he's learned everything he needs to learn here).

Rough game Friday night though...an inferior team found a way to bottle them both up.
That is great to hear KK, you are defiantly the best person to speak about these guys.

I think unless Telegin really lights it up in TC and forces the Jets to keep him up, that he will start the year in St. Johns. But that would also depend on what happens with Wellwood, Fehr, Machacek, and Mittens.

Mittens has a NTC, so he most likely is back. Machacek has been playing pretty well in his brief stint, so I can see a scenario where if he continues to play well the rest of the year that he gets a shot with the Jets next year. If Wellwood is resigned he is either on the 2nd line, or hopefully on the 3rd if we can get a #2RW somewhere. I can't see Fehr qualified, but maybe he resigns at a lower hit as a UFA.

Basically, I think that there might be a logjam at 3rd line wingers next year (if all of the above are back). And that does not include Klingberg (although he might be ready in 2013). I don't think putting him in as a #2RW is a good idea either as there is no real need to rush him into the NHL, and that might be a little too much pressure.

But, if Fehr walks, Wellwood signs somewhere else, and the Jets find a taker for Mittens, well then I guess anything could happen.

I am getting excited to start seeing what he can do in the pros though. If he does good in St. Johns, there is no reason why he couldn't be brought up sooner rather than later.

Old
03-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Wpgpage

A another year for Klingberg in the A and a year for Telgin would most likely be best. Heck let them play on the same line together and develop some chemistry. A 3rd line of
Klingberg-Cormier-Telgin
would look pretty sweet in a few years, although its highly unlikely that all 3 end up as serviceable NHLers.

Old
03-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpgpage View Post
A another year for Klingberg in the A and a year for Telgin would most likely be best. Heck let them play on the same line together and develop some chemistry. A 3rd line of
Klingberg-Cormier-Telgin
would look pretty sweet in a few years, although its highly unlikely that all 3 end up as serviceable NHLers.
I"m pretty confident all three have 4th liner floors. Right now that looks like it has the potential to be a wicked checking line with some offense.

Old
03-26-2012, 05:10 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Just be patient!

Jets CHL Prospects Report for Monday, March 26

Jets CHL Prospects Report for Monday, March 26

Owen Sound Attack 1 Kitchener Rangers 4 (FINAL)
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/61442

Kitchener leads series 3-0

Cody Sol, KIT; G-1, A-1, Plus/Minus +1, PIM-0

Mississauga St. Michaels Majors 0 Barrie Colts 4 (FINAL)
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/61445

Barrie leads series 2-1

Mark Scheifele, BAR; G-1, A-0, Plus/Minus 0, PIM-0

Ivan Telegin, BAR; G-1, A-1, Plus/Minus +1, PIM-2

Tomorrow's Games
Barrie Colts (Mark Scheifele & Ivan Telegin) @ Mississauga St. Michaels Majors
Ottawa 67's @ Belleville Bulls (Austen Brassard)
Moose Jaw Warriors (Kendall McFaull) @ Regina Pats
Tri-City Americans (Zach Yuen) @ Everett Silvertips

Last edited by AndersUlfBobby: 03-26-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old
03-26-2012, 07:58 PM
krazy kanuck

If you get chance to see Telegin's first goal tonight do...laser beam from the top of the circle showed how he can flat out beat a goalie glove side even when he knows it's coming... Another goal and assist tonight.

Old
03-26-2012, 09:19 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
If you get chance to see Telegin's first goal tonight do...laser beam from the top of the circle showed how he can flat out beat a goalie glove side even when he knows it's coming... Another goal and assist tonight.
Is there video of it somewhere?

Did I say how excited I am to see Telegin again?

Old
03-26-2012, 09:53 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Is there video of it somewhere?

Did I say how excited I am to see Telegin again?
Don't know, but it made me flinch (I sit behind the goal and for an instant my instinct was it was going to take my head off ). I'm sure there will be a highlight package somewhere soon (OHL site or You Tube). If I see it I'll post.

Closed Thread