HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 Hershey(AHL)/South Carolina(ECHL) Thread

Old
10-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Funkyalligator

vCash: 500
Hershey is for final polish on the prospects having an AHL team with a rabid fan base and a winning tradition certainly can't hurt. Hershey is also for physical training....

Funkyalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 08:07 AM
sk84fun_dc

Leone has pretty much hinted, hinted and most recently stated that Richmond is expected to be the AHL vet sitting to start the season and yes, Rechlicz is the most obvious forward scratch. Per Leone, the likely D scratches to start are Richmond and Miskovic.

Unlike some years when Hershey carries a number of extras even to start the season, Hershey is starting this season only carrying 14F and 8D and by AHL rule one of the guys sitting will be an AHL vet (1 of Mink, Aucoin, Potulny, Bourque, Kane and Richmond). To start, the guys who made the team will be playing.

Game 1 is tonight at Binghamton: Bears play tomorrow night at WBS. Holtby expected to start tonight; Sabourin tomorrow night.

Josh Godfrey was in the last round of cuts for Binghamton, announced this morning he was sent to Elmira link

For those interested Leone's season preview stuff is online www.pennlive.com/hersheybears

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 10-07-2011 at 08:19 AM.
sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

sk8's link reminded me. For those that don't know, Hershey will take on Adirondack outdoors at Citizen's Bank Park (Phillies stadium) on January 6th as part of the Winter Classic festivities.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Langway
Flow➜Grow

vCash: 50
Flemming instigates a fight sticking up for a teammate in his pro debut? Good show.

Sjogren with an assist. Bears up 3-1 after two.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 09:27 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Flemming instigates a fight sticking up for a teammate in his pro debut? Good show.

Yeah, Flemming racked up 21 PIMs! I was watching on AHLive, but the video quality wasn't the greatest so it was hard at times to figure out who I was watching. Sjogren was awesome on face offs and Eakin was on his wing. Believe both saw special teams play. One thing I did notice most was Sjogren took a couple decent hits. Orlov was solid, but hopefully he is paired with Bourque on the backend of the PP soon! Flemming has some work to do. He seemed a bit out of place at times but love his effort. Holtby's rebound control seemed to be on the poor side, but as I said the video wasn't that great so maybe there was a reason for that.

LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

The only one who could make a legitimate gripe would be if Galiev had turned pro, and then sat in the stands. I don't think it would have happened, as I think he has the talent to force his way into the roster.

there is something to be said about putting all of your young players out there and seeing what sticks and improves. However, Hershey's not that type of a market, and they have pressure to win. That pressure isn't a bad thing for the young talent.

The Caps also don't have a ton of young talent in the AHL at this point either. We've got 2-3 prospects with real upside who are playing, and that's about it. With Kuznetsov staying in the KHL, Galiev in the Q, and MoJo sticking in the NHL, there's 3 top picks who could probably see time in the AHL who aren't.

When our best young players are good enough, they'll get in the lineup. I do think you might see a player like Wey fall through the cracks a bit, but at the same time, the Caps aren't in the need to develop to have a shot to win. They're full up on young, talented players, and their development cycle isn't beholden to the NHL team. They're sprinkling in some talent as it comes, but they don't have to have anything.

Chimaera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 10:23 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post

Yup, Dziurzynski, who hit Collins.

Weird opener, 2 SHGs and a goal by Wellar.

Scratches were Richmond (vet), Miskovic, Bouchard and Carroll.

Sjogren with his first penalty, as well as his first point.

Old
10-08-2011, 11:07 PM
LetsGoBears

Bears pick up a 3-2 win. Greentree, Hanson and Aucoin with goals. Sjogren and Orlov with solid games again. I can't wait for this weekend to be able to watch the younger guys play in-person!

Old
10-09-2011, 02:26 PM
sk84fun_dc

Mink was the vet scratch with the other scratches Flemming, Miskovic and Rechlicz.

Old
10-09-2011, 09:07 PM
txpd

chris bourque with 15 SOG in two games? Thats Ovechkinesque

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:44 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
chris bourque with 15 SOG in two games? Thats Ovechkinesque
Bourque at AHL level and playing the point on the PP; Hershey has had 8 or 9 PPs already in the 2 games.

Old
10-13-2011, 06:04 PM
sk84fun_dc

So Grubauer called up to Hershey and from the sounds of French's comments via Leone, could get one of the 2 starts this weekend. Orlov after 1 game has been back on the right side.

Hershey plays Friday at Norfolk; Saturday is the home opener.

Machesney to start for SC for the opener tomorrow night from the sounds of things. Langeraap released by SC. SC plays Friday night and Saturday at home to start the season.

Note, DeMichiel released by Kalamazoo.

Old
10-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Ziostilon

Why did Holtby get called up

Ziostilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 01:10 PM
usiel

vCash: 878
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Neuvirth is a little dinged.

10-14-2011, 01:29 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
Neuvirth is a little dinged.
Dinged up or under the weather? Holtby was sent back down per Walton @ noon. Bears are at Norfolk tonight and Hershey tomorrow so he isn't that far away if needed for Saturday.

Old
10-14-2011, 01:45 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
Dinged up or under the weather? Holtby was sent back down per Walton @ noon. Bears are at Norfolk tonight and Hershey tomorrow so he isn't that far away if needed for Saturday.
Dinged up. Lower body injury. Listed as day-to-day.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Harvey Specter
Boooooone

bourque #1 in scoring again, 7 pts in 3 games...

Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 06:02 PM
Harvey Specter
Boooooone

holtby lit up for 6. anyone watch? only 28 shots, and none of the goals on the PP...

Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 08:57 AM
sk84fun_dc

per AHL transactions, Lacroix and Mitchell recalled from SC to Hershey, plus Sabourin back to Hershey

Old
10-17-2011, 01:43 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksuperhero View Post
holtby lit up for 6. anyone watch? only 28 shots, and none of the goals on the PP...
A little bit a great bounces for Norfolk, a little bit of other Bears not helping and one or two goals that could/should have been saved.

Old
10-17-2011, 02:53 PM
sk84fun_dc

Re. Holtby, not his best night, but not all on him. Holtby should have has some of the goals; not all of them. In particular, I think it was the second goal, when Hanson was on top of Holtby when the puck went in; Hotlby had no chance. The expression on Holtby's face while sitting on the ice when Captain Kane came over to talk to him after that goal was priceless.

At the same time he didn't have his best game, Holtby made some good saves including one on a clean faceoff win late in the game (only time I recall Sjogren getting beaten that cleanly in the 2 games against Norfolk; he came off the ice and Hanson came on to the follow-up faceoff after that save.)

It likely didn't help that he was back-up with the Caps and then sent to Hershey so hadn't practiced with the team in a few days. Also Orlov was out (along with Flemming), plus Miskovic was playing his first game of the season and was trying to do too much, IMO. A sloppy night of team defense.

Update on the D:

Glad to hear that Orlov was back at practice today. Greentree is out for some time and Potulny is still out with a lower body injury.

Old
10-17-2011, 07:38 PM
LetsGoBears

Is it a broken wrist for Greentree? He knew something was wrong immediately, but I didn't look to hard after his reaction.

Old
10-17-2011, 09:36 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
Is it a broken wrist for Greentree? He knew something was wrong immediately, but I didn't look to hard after his reaction.
Rumor is broken arm or broken wrist. Definitely didn't look right and people who saw more/up close said it definitely looked like something was broken. Given the comments from the team, they know he's gone for more than week to week.

Also, that post above should say update on D/F, oops.

Old
10-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Hesky

I'll be making the trip to Hershey tomorrow to watch my first AHL game and I'm super excited!

I was hoping I could watch Holtby play, I'm not sure if he'll get the start tomorrow against WBS, but I hope so.

Hesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 12:54 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesky View Post
I'll be making the trip to Hershey tomorrow to watch my first AHL game and I'm super excited!

I was hoping I could watch Holtby play, I'm not sure if he'll get the start tomorrow against WBS, but I hope so.
Been to only one game there. Two years ago, PO Game 6 against Manchester which they won. Needless to say that game was a sell out. Great atmosphere and fans though. Planning on making a trip this season, WBS probably would be a good choice just because of the Caps/Pens rivalry.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote