HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 Hershey(AHL)/South Carolina(ECHL) Thread

Old
12-03-2011, 12:14 PM
StingrayFan

vCash: 500
Tour of the South Carolina Stingrays team bus for those interested in seeing how they travel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VOL1...el_video_title

StingrayFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayFan View Post
Tour of the South Carolina Stingrays team bus for those interested in seeing how they travel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VOL1...el_video_title

How in the world does a full hockey team fit into that bus?
I thought AHL/ECHL buses are like charter buses with nice seats.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 01:41 PM
StingrayFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
How in the world does a full hockey team fit into that bus?
I thought AHL/ECHL buses are like charter buses with nice seats.
Actually, the players prefer the sleeper bus. They can play poker at the tables or lie down in their bunks and watch TV or sleep. Here's a pic of a player last year watching a football game in his bunk.

Old
12-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayFan View Post
Actually, the players prefer the sleeper bus. They can play poker at the tables or lie down in their bunks and watch TV or sleep. Here's a pic of a player last year watching a football game in his bunk.

Well yeah of course they prefer it, im just surprised they can all fit in it, and that they use it.
I thought AHL/ECHL just used Charter Buses, but i guess i was wrong.

Old
12-04-2011, 03:18 PM
hyzer23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
Bears won 4-1 at Syracuse

Holtby with the win; Pope and new dman Tomas Kundratek (from the Bouchard trade) with first goals as Bears; now 20 different players have scored a goal for Hershey this season. Kane left the game in the third with an injury, supposed to be evaluated in the morning.

1. HER Pope, (1) (Mink, Hanson), 5:40
1. SYR Maroon, (9) (Schaus, Cumiskey), 18:52 (PP)
1. HER Kundratek, (1) (Aucoin, Bourque), 19:41
2. HER Mink, (8) (Potulny, Aucoin), 18:54 (PP)
3. HER Ford, (4) (Aucoin, Pope), 12:36

Bears play Portland (Arsene, Rome) in Hershey tomorrow night.

ECHL:

Stingrays lost at home 5-3, down 3-1 tied it up and then lost. Allowed 3 PPGs against and scored 2 PPGs. Machesney was in goal.

guess that trade panned out

hyzer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 03:31 PM
sk84fun_dc

One game does not a trade make, but I thought/think it's a good trade for the players and the Caps and Bears.

Kundratek had an assist last night. Hershey won 7-1 at home vs Portland.

Hershey is playing at Bridgeport this afternoon. 0-0 in the first as I type this; and after I typed Bridgeport went up 1-0 and trigger the teddy bear toss. game summary

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 12-04-2011 at 03:38 PM.
sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 03:45 PM
hyzer23

Quote:
One game does not a trade make, but I thought/think it's a good trade for the players and the Caps and Bears.

Kundratek had an assist last night. Hershey won 7-1 at home vs Portland.

Hershey is playing at Bridgeport this afternoon. 0-0 in the first as I type this; and after I typed Bridgeport went up 1-0 and trigger the teddy bear toss. game summary
Lol i was kinda joking...seeing as how Kundratek scored his first goal of the year, we already go our worth back from Bouchard with that one goal...it was more of a shot at bouchard who was pretty much worthless

hyzer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 04:00 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyzer23 View Post
Lol i was kinda joking...seeing as how Kundratek scored his first goal of the year, we already go our worth back from Bouchard with that one goal...it was more of a shot at bouchard who was pretty much worthless
gotcha, you also gave me a chance to point out he picked up the assist fwiw, I think it was a good trade as both players needed a fresh start and Caps got the younger prospect and a dman, plus Kundratek has another year left on his ELC.

edit: Make that points in 3 straight games for Kundratek as he just assisted on Aucoin's goal to tie it up in the second period.

Bears win 3-2 with 2 goals from Aucoin (including a SHG) and 1 from Micflikier. Holtby in net. Nice weekend for the Bears winning 3 of 3, improvement in the standings and some individual performances (some point streaks continue), plus special teams play.

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 12-04-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old
12-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Harvey Specter
Boooooone

bears have top 2 scorers in AHL, 3 of top 6, and 4 of top 13.

wish i had more spare time to follow the program, but ive barely enough to keep up with the caps on a day to day basis.

would i try bourque or even aucoin over some of the junk DC is dressing? yes, yes i would.

Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksuperhero View Post
would i try bourque or even aucoin over some of the junk DC is dressing? yes, yes i would.

I say this everyday.

Old
12-06-2011, 12:26 AM
LetsGoBears

The special team play has just been unreal of late. The PP was top in the league prior to this weekend, but 4/9 should move it up a bit more. Not to be out done the PK went 16/17 in that stretch and Aucoin's SH goal. Being top 8 isn't to bad considering they're 3rd in overall PIMs. Granted, that might be slightly inflated with Recker, Carrol and a bunch of other guys willing to drop the gloves.

The team really has taken off with Potulny and Ford coming back. Gave the lines some stability and it is really paying off. If Potunly was playing the past two months there might be another Bear in the top five in scoring.

I still don't see how they fit the whole SC team fits in that bus? I'm assuming a 21 man roster so they get about 24 people in there? Damn.

LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 02:05 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
The special team play has just been unreal of late. The PP was top in the league prior to this weekend, but 4/9 should move it up a bit more. Not to be out done the PK went 16/17 in that stretch and Aucoin's SH goal. Being top 8 isn't to bad considering they're 3rd in overall PIMs. Granted, that might be slightly inflated with Recker, Carrol and a bunch of other guys willing to drop the gloves.

The team really has taken off with Potulny and Ford coming back. Gave the lines some stability and it is really paying off. If Potunly was playing the past two months there might be another Bear in the top five in scoring.

I still don't see how they fit the whole SC team fits in that bus? I'm assuming a 21 man roster so they get about 24 people in there? Damn.
ECHL teams only dress 16 skaters and 2 goalies a game and have a limit of players on the active roster. Of course as you noted there are non-players on the bus, radio guy, coaches, etc. (and the driver, lol,) and I assume they take an extra player or two if it's an extended roadtrip. I believe the max. roster size is 21 (not counting the IR guys, which is different than NHL and AHL IR rules, there's a 3 day and a 21 day IR, IIRC.) StingrayFan can clarify the roster limits and IR info.

Old
12-06-2011, 03:57 PM
StingrayFan

Quote:
ECHL teams only dress 16 skaters and 2 goalies a game and have a limit of players on the active roster. Of course as you noted there are non-players on the bus, radio guy, coaches, etc. (and the driver, lol,) and I assume they take an extra player or two if it's an extended roadtrip. I believe the max. roster size is 21 (not counting the IR guys, which is different than NHL and AHL IR rules, there's a 3 day and a 21 day IR, IIRC.) StingrayFan can clarify the roster limits and IR info.
Dressing 16 skaters + 2 goalies is correct. You are only allowed 20 on the active roster as long as they fit under the salary cap. You can have one player on 3 day IR, one player on 7 day IR and an unlimited number players on the 21 day IR. With call ups and injuries, we are usually lucky if we have as many as 20 players go on a road trip. Then you have a coach, assistant coach, trainer, equipment manager and radio guy. So usually a max of 25 people on the bus. The bus sleeps something like 28 people.

We have some pretty long road trips. the only two places we go where a sleeper bus may not be necessary is trips to Greenvile and Gwinnett. We like to leave at midnight when we go to Florida or up north. The guys sleep most of the way on those trips.

Old
12-06-2011, 03:59 PM
LetsGoBears

Well, that would make a little more sense.

LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 04:03 PM
StingrayFan

South Carolina To...

Greenville - 205 Miles
Gwinnett - 320 Miles
Florida - 630 Miles
Cincinnati - 615 Miles
Wheeling - 640 Miles
Reading - 682 Miles
Trenton - 704 Miles
Toledo - 812 Miles
Elmira - 829 Miles
Kalamazoo - 953 Miles

Of course, we will hit Reading, Trenton and Elmira on the same road trip. The same goes for the teams in and around Ohio.

Old
12-06-2011, 04:56 PM
sk84fun_dc

Thanks StingrayFan, so 20 not 21. And thanks for the IR details for ECHL level.

OT: no offense meant to the equip mgr and training by typing, etc., I was saving pixels, which are now being spent.

Old
12-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Hershey beats the Whale 5-3. Kundratek gets one on his old team. He has points in four straight (2+2).

2+1 for Potulny. Might be worth a look at some point.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 02:46 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
2+1 for Potulny. Might be worth a look at some point.
I was upset when he never really got an honest shot in camp. He's next in line for an NHL call-up in my book. He's had a 15 goal season in the NHL before, a lot more than Bourque has ever done.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 03:40 AM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
I was upset when he never really got an honest shot in camp. He's next in line for an NHL call-up in my book. He's had a 15 goal season in the NHL before, a lot more than Bourque has ever done.

Both of them do. Eakin's time was up sooooooo long ago.

Old
12-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Both of them do. Eakin's time was up sooooooo long ago.
No...Bourque has squandered every chance he's gotten in the NHL. (That doesn't necessarily mean he'll squander another one.)

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 11:28 AM
tmljeh19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
No...Bourque has squandered every chance he's gotten in the NHL. (That doesn't necessarily mean he'll squander another one.)
Potulny and Borque are both tearing up the AHL. Why don't either get mentioned more here? Why do most think they will never contribute here? Forgive me if it's an obvious answer I've not followed either player at all before this season.

tmljeh19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 02:21 PM
bonzaibondra12

Bourque had 20 games on the Pens, and did nothing. He really hasn't been given an extended stay on the Caps. I do think he deserves it over Eakin right now.

Eakin just doesn't look ready at all.

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 07:03 PM
sk84fun_dc

Hunter and Johnson watching the Bears in person. Game Summary sheet here for WBS vs HBH

As to Potulny and camp/getting a look, from the reports he was already fighting through the injury during camp. He played 2 games to start the season for Hershey and then had surgery, reported as double sports hernia surgery. I've said it elsewhere, but he's playing his way to a call-up and would be a logical player to call-up in place of Eakin as I do think in the short-term Eakin could benefit from the ice time and playing situations playing for Hershey (plus time to add more strength.)

Old
12-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Dream Big

9 penalties in the first period. Lots of offsetting so only 3 pps

Dream Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Dream Big

Potulny scores. 1-0 for Hershey.