HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tim Erixon (10/5: Recalled for opener)

Old
10-03-2011, 08:19 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I'm guessing you were in the Girardi sucks camp two years ago?
I wouldn't say that, but I was definitely not pleased with how he reacted to Gabby getting pounded.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 08:25 AM
NYR Viper

I wasn't able to watch the game, what exactly happened?

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 08:37 AM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
Very strange situation with Erixon. Very rare where a first round pick in hockey holds out and does not want to sign with the team that drafted him.
not really....

Barrett Heisten (20th oveall)
Blake Wheeler (5th overall)
R. J. Umberger (16th overall)

etc, etc...

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 08:45 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
not really....

Barrett Heisten (20th oveall)
Blake Wheeler (5th overall)
R. J. Umberger (16th overall)

etc, etc...
Heisten was drafted in 1999. So three examples since then? Out of what, 360 picks? It is definitely rare. Not unheard of, but very rare.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
I see Erixon going the McD route and playing with the team around midseason. He is going to be good for us, and Horak is going to be good for the Flames.

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:55 AM
NYR Viper

I don't see why a team HAS to win a trade......

What would be wrong with Calgary getting a good young center and the Rangers getting a good top-4 defenseman? Works out well for both teams....

Old
10-03-2011, 09:58 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I don't see why a team HAS to win a trade......

What would be wrong with Calgary getting a good young center and the Rangers getting a good top-4 defenseman? Works out well for both teams....
Ah reason.

The Flames already did well. They got a prospect and 2 seconds for a guy they were going to lose and only get a second in return.

10-03-2011, 10:02 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Ah reason.

The Flames already did well. They got a prospect and 2 seconds for a guy they were going to lose and only get a second in return.
Yeah. Both fan bases feel the need to throw it in each others faces constantly. Why can't we just see they got a few more depth pieces which helps there prospect pool and the Rangers got a good young player with a bit more upside.

Old
10-03-2011, 10:14 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Yeah. Both fan bases feel the need to throw it in each others faces constantly. Why can't we just see they got a few more depth pieces which helps there prospect pool and the Rangers got a good young player with a bit more upside.
Yeah, I think that's ridiculous. A trade was made, both teams benefited, let's move on.

I don't get the angst.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 12:31 PM
satrabyk

Tough when they dont make it at this age, he has some potential but he has to imrove his overall game.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 12:32 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Its nice to think he has time and all this potential but todays game is catered to young men or players and to say a 22 year old has a lot of time is not really accurate. He is going to have a hard time ever making it in the big leagues if not now.
He's 20.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 12:45 PM
nyr__1994

Here is a thought on Erixon: Staying with the Rangers in Europe, really didn't do him much good as far as learning to play on an North American rink. Maybe the Rangers brass liked what they saw, but wanted him to get more practice/game time on the smaller rink. Now that Bickel and Bell have been waived, maybe Timmy is on the next plane to Stockholm to re-join the Rangers now that they are playing on the smaller rink....

Thoughts?

nyr__1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 06:40 AM
Peter The Great

There is still a chance Erixon will play on Friday in Stockholm! :-D

http://www.expressen.se/sport/1.2582...-nhl-premiaren

Google translator:
"Erixon hot topic for NHL Premiere

Within one day Tim Erixon, 20, may be flown to Stockholm for a dream debut in the NHL. New York Rangers have had problems on reverse side - and for SPORT-Expressen says the club's general manager to Erixon is highly topical. - It is possible that we will call him here now, says Rangers GM Glen Sather.

20-year-old Tim Erixon has impressed during his first time in North America, but facing series premiere in the NHL, he was sent from New York Rangers for minor league. Just days before the Rangers premiered in Stockholm can Erixon flash called up and get to make a dream debut in the NHL for a Swedish audience in the Globe.
Rangers back Marc Staal is still suffering the consequences from a concussion and it can open for Erixon.

"Looking over it"
- We expected that Staal would be in now but he still has problems and will not be here now. Depending on what happens here now during the day so let's take a look at Erixon again in this environment, says the club's general manager Glen Sather. So you are considering flying into him rapidly to the premiere? - There is a possibility, yes. We are reviewing it right now."

21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 07:05 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Tough when they dont make it at this age, he has some potential but he has to imrove his overall game.

Defensmen take longer to develop. Some dont make NHL until they are 24-25. I wouldnt care if we dont see Erixon with Rangers at all this season. My guess is that he splits the season between A and Rangers.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 07:32 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

I saw that article earlier and when I saw "Erixon to play in Sweden", I thought he was jipping us and going back to the SEL somehow. Very glad to hear he will be called up. I'd much rather him than Bell/Bickell

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 07:45 AM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21 View Post
There is still a chance Erixon will play on Friday in Stockholm! :-D

http://www.expressen.se/sport/1.2582...-nhl-premiaren

Google translator:
"Erixon hot topic for NHL Premiere

Within one day Tim Erixon, 20, may be flown to Stockholm for a dream debut in the NHL. New York Rangers have had problems on reverse side - and for SPORT-Expressen says the club's general manager to Erixon is highly topical. - It is possible that we will call him here now, says Rangers GM Glen Sather.

20-year-old Tim Erixon has impressed during his first time in North America, but facing series premiere in the NHL, he was sent from New York Rangers for minor league. Just days before the Rangers premiered in Stockholm can Erixon flash called up and get to make a dream debut in the NHL for a Swedish audience in the Globe.
Rangers back Marc Staal is still suffering the consequences from a concussion and it can open for Erixon.

"Looking over it"
- We expected that Staal would be in now but he still has problems and will not be here now. Depending on what happens here now during the day so let's take a look at Erixon again in this environment, says the club's general manager Glen Sather. So you are considering flying into him rapidly to the premiere? - There is a possibility, yes. We are reviewing it right now."
Brooks is reporting it now:

NYP_Brooksie Larry Brooks
Rangers set to recall Tim Erixon and bring him to Stockholm once roster situation is settled at noon eastern time. Staal could go on IR.
19 minutes ago

Ruotsalainen29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 07:48 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Nice! Go Timmy!

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 08:00 AM
NYR Viper

Don't expect him to play well.....the flew him from Sweden to NY and back in a few days and want him to be in pique physical condition? Doubted.

Old
10-05-2011, 08:23 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: Oct 5, 2011 8:51a

Source confirms: NY Rangers plan to fly Tim Erixon back to Europe for Friday's season opener #NYR #BlueshirtsInSweden

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/NYDNRangers/statu...68309538852865

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Osminator

vCash: 50
As a Euro... even I have to admit... cut this Euro trip BS... Travel is killing... can't even recall someone on the quick...

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 08:27 AM
NYR Viper

Someone should tell the Calgary fans to hold the parade, Erixon is starting in the NHL.

Old
10-05-2011, 08:36 AM
parcsalooc

Saw this in the general hockey section of how to avoid a fight by Max Talbot. Calgary fans took it themselves as Erixon running away from helping out Deveaux . http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=993425

parcsalooc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Someone should tell the Calgary fans to hold the parade, Erixon is starting in the NHL.
Unfortunately I think it's out of necessity, not because he earned the spot.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 08:41 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
As a Euro... even I have to admit... cut this Euro trip BS... Travel is killing... can't even recall someone on the quick...
We shouldn't have needed to recall anyone. With the uncertainty of Staal's injury, they should have kept Erixon if they thought there was any chance he would be needed. Or they could have just kept one of Bell or Bickel. We brought more than enough guys over with us.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
Very strange situation with Erixon. Very rare where a first round pick in hockey holds out and does not want to sign with the team that drafted him. The only exception that I can think of is with the Lindros situation. Lindros was a freak prospect where everyone knew he was going to be great so Lindros had some leverage.

It just seems a little odd with the whole situation, but the old crafty Sather swooped in and made deal.

Erixon showed signs of what he can do on the ice. He should be in the NHL shortly as injuries do happen.
Agree and disagree with you on this.

It's certainly rare to see players object to join the team that drafted them. Why that is can probably be its own thread.

On the other hand, if you think or know that you have what it takes to play on a certain level, the NHL, why would you leave home and move to live somewhere you really don't want to be for the rest of your life/career?

It might seem arrogant, but if you had the money (ability) to choose among 4-5 different places to live, would you invest in a place, which you have concerns about, just because someone told you, "This is where you will live, son!"?

I wouldn't. After all, it's their life, and if they believe they need a different balance in life to be better people and better professionals, then it's the right thing to do.

I'm actually a bit surprised that this issue doesn't come up more often, as some of these guys might have pretty good reasons for not wanting to be or go somewhere (families, etc.).

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote