HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Quinnipiac officially in ECAC

Closed Thread

Old
08-23-2004, 11:26 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quinnipiac officially in ECAC

Here's the article from uscho.com,

USCHO has learned that Quinnipiac University will officially be named the 12th member of the ECAC Hockey League beginning with the 2005-06 season. An official announcement will be made at 12:00noon on the campus of Quinnipiac on Tuesday morning. The ECAC has been searching for a school to replace Vermont, who will leave the ECAC for Hockey East after this upcoming season. The addition of Quinnipiac will not break the continuity of teams within the men's league and will also keep the women's league at 11 teams in 2005-06. The league will go to a full 12 when Rensselaer joins the women's league in 2006-07. Please check back for more details as they become available.

I had pulled for Holy Cross, but congrats to Quinnipiac on getting into the ECAC.

Old
08-24-2004, 10:46 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

This will benefit Yale from the standpoint that they'll be in-state, in-conference rivals starting in 05-06.

As I understand it, the reason why HC didn't get the nod was because they weren't/couldn't be able to get their women's team playing in D-1 as well.

I think the Bobcats will be a wonderful addition to the ECAC. I had a chance to see them play several times this past season and while they're not going to be challenging BC or UND anytime soon for the high-end talent and a national title, I like the direction that Coach Pecknold is taking his team. By having a schedule last season that had his team playing the likes of Wisconsin (for example), it benefits his team greatly in the long run by getting the experience of playing against the more "elite" teams of the league and giving his team a taste of what the better competition is like (in comparison to the Atlantic Hockey talent). When they move over to ECAC in 05-06, they'll get more of that experience going up against teams such as Cornell and Harvard and it will not only make the Bobcats better but it'll also be an added bonus for the ECAC in terms of making the conference even more competitive than it is now.

Old
08-24-2004, 08:14 PM
ttnorm

Pecknold is a good recruiter and bench coach. His kids are usually high on work ethic and battle every night. Getting 7 extra schollies for 0506 is going to change the skill level of that team. They are going to surprise some folks (lookout Yale! )

Old
08-24-2004, 08:21 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

The Bobcats player that impressed the heck out of me last season was Reid Cashman. He is one tough player to play against, especially for a player out of the Atlantic Hockey conference and I love his style of play. Doesn't mind the rough stuff either.

Old
08-25-2004, 05:25 PM
ttnorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
The Bobcats player that impressed the heck out of me last season was Reid Cashman. He is one tough player to play against, especially for a player out of the Atlantic Hockey conference and I love his style of play. Doesn't mind the rough stuff either.
Good call!

Closed Thread