Sunday, October 2nd Jets Papers

Old
10-02-2011, 09:09 AM
ICdave
HFB Partner

vCash: 500

Winnipeg Free Press: Camaraderie counts, too. We will see how true these relationships are when the season begins. It is easy to be jovial before the strain of a season begins.

Winnipeg Sun: Health not a concern – Byfuglien. The Jets are going to need Big Buff firing on all cylinders when the season begins in one week’s time.

Winnipeg Sun: Jets dealing in subtraction. Will they sign Scheifele before the 4pm Tuesday deadline? Will a young prospect like Postma be sent back down? We will know very soon.

Winnipeg Sun: Reality of Jets return slowly sinking in for McVie. The Jets coach in the glory days of the AVCO Cup and the man who led the Jets as they transitioned into the NHL. He is clearly excited for the team to be back in the Peg’.

Winnipeg Sun: Meech awaits fate. Meech is used to this yo-yo existence as he spent time bouncing back and forth between the Wings and the Grand Rapids Griffons. Even when called up by the Wings he wasn’t used for more than 50 games in a season and spent all of last season with the Griffons. He had a pretty solid camp, so you can probably expect Meech to be here when the season starts.

NBC Sports: Winnipeg Jets face two tough road swings and two huge home opportunities. Biggest thing this Jets team can do is avoid any major slumps, which is what killed them as the Thrashers last season. The key to the Jets season might be the 13 games they will play at the MTS Centre in December. A serious winning % will go a long way to making this season a positive one.

ECHL Affiliate News:

Coloradoan: Eagles open camp, prepare for ECHL. This team had a lot of success in the Central Hockey League but will a move to the East Coast Hockey League put an end to that success?

ICdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Jetbruin

So after all of the talk of having to travel sooooo much because Winnipeg is soooooo far from anywhere, it turns out we aren't even the most travelled team in our own DIVISION! Ha! Hopefully we can finish December near the top.

Jetbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 12:01 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Winnipeg Jets Season Tickets begin to arrive

The buzz began Friday on Facebook and twitter. People started posting pictures and commenting that the Jets regular season tickets had finally begun to arrive. When I went to check the mail, lo and behold there was a note from Canada Post telling me the package had arrived.

Hurrying down to the Postal outlet, I picked up my package and was informed by the postal employee that they had received 46 packages on Friday and only 4 remained by Saturday.

Once I got home, I cut away the box to reveal…another box, although admittedly one that was much nicer in appearance.

More pictures after the jump.

What do you think of the Jets season tickets? What about the packaging? Do they meet your expectations? How do you feel about the tiered pricing?

ICdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Hammer Slammer
Tayler Mayors

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
What's with the Stanley Cup ticket? Just a souvenir type thing?

Thanks for the pictures!

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Mungman
It's you not me.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
What's with the Stanley Cup ticket? Just a souvenir type thing?

Thanks for the pictures!
Looks like TNSE is being optimistic this year!

Mungman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 02:44 PM
MTB JET*

Love the presentation of those season tix, TNSE did an incredible job. Very jealous at the same time!

MTB JET* is offline   Reply With Quote