HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers announce roster cuts

Old
10-01-2011, 04:59 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Rangers announce roster cuts

Dan Rosen of NHL.com is with the Rangers on their European tour

Quote:
Rangers will be announcing cuts today. My guess is no real surprises, but curious to see if both Erixon and Del Zotto made it. Guessing no.
https://twitter.com/#!/drosennhl/sta...72856058081282

Quote:
The Rangers probably have to keep eight of the 10 d-men here, though, what with the uncertainty surrounding Staal and Sauer.
https://twitter.com/#!/drosennhl/sta...73035549114368

Quote:
I'd be blown away if the forwards heading home aren't Weise, Bourque, Hagelin, Newbury and Mitchell.
https://twitter.com/#!/drosennhl/sta...73272539889664

Quote:
That's not to say one extra forward won't be going home, too. It's a matter of does Tortorella want 13 or 14.
https://twitter.com/#!/drosennhl/sta...73469923831808

Quote:
Scott Stajcer will remain as the third goalie for insurance purposes. He'll be gone when the team returns to North America.
https://twitter.com/#!/drosennhl/sta...73726581673984

These are Rosen's thoughts but he can be somewhat of a dick at times.

Send Dylan McIlrath and Stu Bickel home. Moose Jaw has already started their season.

Last edited by RangerBoy: 10-01-2011 at 09:03 AM.
RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 05:25 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
8 defenders
Sauer, McD, Girardi, Erixon, MDZ, Bell, Eminger, Bickell staying would be my guess
Staal at home

McIllWrath and Parlett sent home

15 fwds
Wolski, Richards, Gaborik, Dubi, Anisimov, Cally, Feds, Stepan, MZA, Prust, Boyle, Rupp, Avery, Christ and Mitchell stay

Weise, Bourque, Hagelin & Newbury sent home would be my guess

If they now already cut down the forwards to less than 15 players - it might get interesting. Maybe they send down Mitchell (not waiver exempt). Either/both of EC and Avery might be waived or traded. Time will tell. If MZA sticks, then both Avery & EC cannot be on the team due to cap purposes. That simple.

BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 05:38 AM
IfYouCantEtemJoinEm
so hot right now

vCash: 983
Bourque looked great last night and McIlrath looked good as well. If 2 d-men are cut I'd say it will be Bickell and Parlett.

I'd like to see more of Bourque. Hagelin is definitely AHL bound. Mitchell and Newbury both played well last night but I would have to think they are AHL bound as well. Weise didn't really stand out. For forwards I'd say Hagelin, Weise, Mitchell, and Newbury are sent down.

IfYouCantEtemJoinEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 05:40 AM
Ola

I wouldn't mind to keep McI around some more. But I am not sure if its possible.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 05:42 AM
Ola

Truth to be told, if we end up in a situation were we either can keep Wolski or Avery and Chrisensen, right now I don't think thats an hard decision. Wolski goes. He has been one of the worst players all preseason.

Like offensively he is good enough. But he does nothing, and then a little less, on a shift by shift basis. In no way is he reliable in terms of making the small plays and getting the job done. Do we want Richards and Gabby spending a full season covering defensively for this bum? We do we sign a player like Richards or Gabby, and then tell them to become Ruslan Fedentenko because we have no other option then to play them with a LW who needs to have a baby sitter defensively?

Zucc has been heads and shoulders above Wolski, Avery and Christensen all pre-season. No way should he even be in the debate of getting cut.

Torts might think diffrently. But I just don't think Wolski has been good enough. Christensen is not worthless as a spare part. Avery has some value as a verstaile grinder.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 06:10 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Truth to be told, if we end up in a situation were we either can keep Wolski or Avery and Chrisensen, right now I don't think thats an hard decision. Wolski goes. He has been one of the worst players all preseason.

Like offensively he is good enough. But he does nothing, and then a little less, on a shift by shift basis. In no way is he reliable in terms of making the small plays and getting the job done. Do we want Richards and Gabby spending a full season covering defensively for this bum? We do we sign a player like Richards or Gabby, and then tell them to become Ruslan Fedentenko because we have no other option then to play them with a LW who needs to have a baby sitter defensively?

Zucc has been heads and shoulders above Wolski, Avery and Christensen all pre-season. No way should he even be in the debate of getting cut.

Torts might think diffrently. But I just don't think Wolski has been good enough. Christensen is not worthless as a spare part. Avery has some value as a verstaile grinder.
Will never happen. Not that your reflections over the dismal preseason of Wolski might not be correct. But just not gonna happen. I think at least...

BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 07:26 AM
Vitto79

thanks for the update. Going to be an interesting day to say the least!

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 07:34 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

id keep mitchell another game or 2...hes looked pretty good.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 08:14 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Count me in the group that would like to see Bourque stick.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

I'd be surprised if MDZ and Erixon didn't stick

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 08:24 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Yea, Del Zotto is a lock right now, IMO.

But Erixon, I feel like Torts wants around even if he isn't 100% ready.

I think, and I could be wrong, that Torts would rather deal with the growing pains from a 20 and 21 year old then to deal with average-below average vets making mistakes.

And I feel Bourque has played well enough in camp that he deserves a spot on the 4th line. Rupp doesn't need to play 82 games. Bourque would provide good energy and defense.

Assuming Avery and Christensen are gone.

Old
10-01-2011, 08:26 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Yea, Del Zotto is a lock right now, IMO.

But Erixon, I feel like Torts wants around even if he isn't 100% ready.

I think, and I could be wrong, that Torts would rather deal with the growing pains from a 20 and 21 year old then to deal with average-below average vets making mistakes.
Similar to what they did last year with Sauer and McDonagh.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 08:31 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Similar to what they did last year with Sauer and McDonagh.
Exactly.

Just reading into the quotes from Torts all camp about how he wants a couple of young guys to make the team.

Bourque and Erixon would give us two rooks. One forward and one defenseman.

Now that final cuts are coming, im pulling for an underdog: Bourque. I just love his attitude and the way he plays. He reminds me of Callahan.

Old
10-01-2011, 08:35 AM
azrok22

vCash: 3743
Quote:
Exactly.

Just reading into the quotes from Torts all camp about how he wants a couple of young guys to make the team.

Bourque and Erixon would give us two rooks. One forward and one defenseman.

Now that final cuts are coming, im pulling for an underdog: Bourque. I just love his attitude and the way he plays. He reminds me of Callahan.
A rookie as the extra forward/defenseman really makes no sense. Those guys should be playing hockey to improve, not watching hockey from the crowd. I could see Erixon making it as the 6th defenseman with Eminger sliding to the 7th spot, but I cannot envision Bourque making it as one of the top 12 forwards--as such, he's Hartford bound.

If he plays well in Hartford, his presence in the NHL can be revisited when an injury opens up a spot.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Erixon was better last night, but hes looked downright bad for most of training camp up until yesterday. well, maybe bad is a little too extreme, but he's hardly stood out positively. He looked more at home on the bigger ice last night.

Smart kid, i think he needs a bit of time in the A.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 08:39 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
A rookie as the extra forward/defenseman really makes no sense. Those guys should be playing hockey to improve, not watching hockey from the crowd. I could see Erixon making it as the 6th defenseman with Eminger sliding to the 7th spot, but I cannot envision Bourque making it as one of the top 12 forwards--as such, he's Hartford bound.

If he plays well in Hartford, his presence in the NHL can be revisited when an injury opens up a spot.
I was inferring that he be on the 4th line with Boyle-Prust. Not as a 13th forward.

I agree, can't have guys that have futures be used as spares.

I would never suggest that.

Old
10-01-2011, 08:41 AM
azrok22

Quote:
I was inferring that he be on the 4th line with Boyle-Prust. Not as a 13th forward.

I just can't see him taking Fedotenko or Rupp's spot in the starting 12.

Old
10-01-2011, 08:42 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Erixon was better last night, but hes looked downright bad for most of training camp up until yesterday. well, maybe bad is a little too extreme, but he's hardly stood out positively. He looked more at home on the bigger ice last night.

Smart kid, i think he needs a bit of time in the A.
I think the right thing would be for Erixon to develop a bit in the AHL.

But, from Torts' comments about him all camp, I get a feeling he's going to stick.

I dont think Torts has patience for bubble vets making the same mistakes a rook would.

Old
10-01-2011, 08:44 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:

And, you're basing this on the premise that Rupp will sit, which I believe is unfounded. The Rangers targeted Rupp this off-season, and know what he brings in terms of physicality. He's not a bubble player like Avery or Christensen. He will dress on a nightly basis.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 08:45 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
I just can't see him taking Fedotenko or Rupp's spot in the starting 12.
I agree.

But im still pulling for him to take Rupp's spot.

I know it wont happen, im just stating what id like to see happen.

Old
10-01-2011, 09:00 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
New York, October 1, 2011 New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has assigned forwards Ryan Bourque, Carl Hagelin, John Mitchell, Kris Newbury and Dale Weise, and defensemen Tim Erixon and Blake Parlett to Connecticut of the American Hockey League (AHL). Dylan McIlrath has also been assigned to Moose Jaw of the Western Hockey League (WHL).
http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2011/1...-of-cuts-made/

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 09:05 AM
azrok22

Bickel and Bell don't inspire much confidence if Staal is out.

Old
10-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Melrose_Jr.

surpised about Erixon.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
First off, I hope and I'm sure he did, Tortorella told Bourque he was amazing and only got cut so he could see ice-time and improve. Second, I'm kinda pissed EC is still here over Mitchell. A bunch of malarkey if u ask me...

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Vitto79

so predicted upfront. If the roster stays as is and assume Bell makes it as the 7th D can they fit both EC and Avery under the cap?

Still think they will make a minor move for a Dman after seeing what's available on waivers or in a minor trade

Seems like Erixon needed more time to develop but not worried I think he can pull a McD this yr

----------------------------------------------------------------
NEWS: Second Round Of Cuts Made
by Adam Rotter on October 1st, 2011 at 9:58 am

PLAYERS ASSIGNED TO CONNECTICUT (AHL) ON 10/1/11:
Defense (2): Tim Erixon, Blake Parlett
Forward (5): Ryan Bourque, Carl Hagelin, John Mitchell, Kris Newbury, Dale Weise

PLAYERS RETURNED TO JUNIORS ON 9/24/11:
Defense (1): Dylan McIlrath (Moose Jaw, WHL)

NEW YORK RANGERS ACTIVE ROSTER:
Goal (3): Martin Biron, Henrik Lundqvist, Scott Stajcer
Defense (8): Brendan Bell, Stu Bickel, Michael Del Zotto, Steve Eminger, Dan Girardi, Ryan McDonagh, Michael Sauer, Marc Staal

Forward (14): Artem Anisimov, Sean Avery, Brian Boyle, Ryan Callahan, Erik Christensen, Brandon Dubinsky, Ruslan Fedotenko, Marian Gaborik, Brandon Prust, Brad Richards, Mike Rupp, Derek Stepan, Wojtek Wolski, Mats Zuccarello

New York, October 1, 2011 New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has assigned forwards Ryan Bourque, Carl Hagelin, John Mitchell, Kris Newbury and Dale Weise, and defensemen Tim Erixon and Blake Parlett to Connecticut of the American Hockey League (AHL). Dylan McIlrath has also been assigned to Moose Jaw of the Western Hockey League (WHL).

The Rangers now have 25 players remaining on their active roster, including three goaltenders, eight defensemen and 14 forwards. The Blueshirts will continue their European exhibition schedule tomorrow, October 2 vs. HC Slovan Bratislava in Bratislava, Slovakia (11:00 a.m. ET), before opening their 2011-12 regular season schedule on Friday, October 7 vs. the Los Angeles Kings at Stockholm, Sweden (1:00 p.m. ET), as part of the 2011 Compuware NHL Premiere.

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote