HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PS #7 - 10.03.2011 | New York Rangers @ EV Zug | 2:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-03-2011, 03:42 PM
  #526
we want cup
Ants in the Pants
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 11,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
So much overreaction...I'm dreading how bad it will be once the games actually count
It'll just be standard business as usual at HFNYR. When we win, we'll be destined for the CUp, and when we lose we'll be tanking to draft Yakupov.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:42 PM
  #527
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Who considers it the best behind the KHL? I think that as a whole, the Sm-liiga, Extraliga and Elitserien are clearly better. I don't remember the last IIHF rankings, but wasn't the NLA ranked like seventh? I've never heard anyone suggest it's second in European hockey.
Well considering he is Swiss, it is second

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:42 PM
  #528
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Am I the only one on here who is now inspired to use EV Zug in NHL 12?

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:43 PM
  #529
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,952
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Well considering he is Swiss, it is second
Yeah, I get the homerism, but to suggest that the NLA is the second-best league in Europe is just...not right.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:44 PM
  #530
Nosferatos
Registered User
 
Nosferatos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Am I the only one on here who is now inspired to use EV Zug in NHL 12?
Feel the same way.

Nosferatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:45 PM
  #531
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 10,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by koh19 View Post
Right out of mystery Alaska? I hope you're joking.

The Swiss league is one of the top leagues in Europe, some consider it 2nd best league only behind the KHL.

Also, Zug is one of the top teams in the Swiss League and therefore IMO belongs in the top 8 teams in the whole of Europe.
Relax bud it was a joke, and either way I don't think anyone was expecting them to put up 8. But as I mentioned earlier credit to Zug they played great.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:47 PM
  #532
His Beardliness*
#SireBabcock
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Yeah, I get the homerism, but to suggest that the NLA is the second-best league in Europe is just...not right.
The money is definitely bigger in the NLA than in the SEL for example. I don't think that means it's necessarily better.

His Beardliness* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:47 PM
  #533
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,598
vCash: 500
On a more positive note maybe a little....make that a lot of embarrassment is just what the Rangers need. L.A. will be a whole lot tougher than Zug or whatever.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:47 PM
  #534
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 19,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
Obviously this game means nothing, but i didn't watch much until the end. What happened?
They trapped and counterattack pure NJD style.

We tried to ship the puck up ice and play our usual style. But instead of chipping it up ice and getting a opertunity to chase down D's trying to handle bouncing pucks, we chipped it right into the laps of 5 organized Swiss who just blitzed us the other way.

I mean, Brion wasn't great. But he got very few easy shots. Looking at the chances, it could just as well have been like 10-2 to Zug...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:49 PM
  #535
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Who considers it the best behind the KHL? I think that as a whole, the Sm-liiga, Extraliga and Elitserien are clearly better. I don't remember the last IIHF rankings, but wasn't the NLA ranked like seventh? I've never heard anyone suggest it's second in European hockey.
Second after KHL may be a bit exagerated ... but 7th is clearly exagerated in the other direction.

I would grant it a faire 4th ... after KHL, SM and Elitserien ... knowing that SM and Elitserien would be close.

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:50 PM
  #536
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,952
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by His Beardliness View Post
The money is definitely bigger in the NLA than in the SEL for example. I don't think that means it's necessarily better.
A few years ago I remember reading an article somewhere that had the SEL ranked number two and the NLA number 3 in terms of average salaries per player. I don't know if that's changed or not.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:50 PM
  #537
Hensch
Registered User
 
Hensch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
Was that the last of Erik Christensen? i sure as hell hope so!

Hensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:53 PM
  #538
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,952
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
Second after KHL may be a bit exagerated ... but 7th is clearly exagerated in the other direction.

I would grant it a faire 4th ... after KHL, SM and Elitserien ... knowing that SM and Elitserien would be close.
I just found those IIHF rankings, they had them sixth. They had the CZ Extraliga and SK Extraliga in front of them.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:54 PM
  #539
Basement Cat
Frank Drebin
 
Basement Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA!!!
Country: Poland
Posts: 11,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
They trapped and counterattack pure NJD style.

We tried to ship the puck up ice and play our usual style. But instead of chipping it up ice and getting a opertunity to chase down D's trying to handle bouncing pucks, we chipped it right into the laps of 5 organized Swiss who just blitzed us the other way.

I mean, Brion wasn't great. But he got very few easy shots. Looking at the chances, it could just as well have been like 10-2 to Zug...
They trapped and scored 8? Boy I wish it worked like that all the time

Basement Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:55 PM
  #540
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
EC better be on his ****ing way out of here... If he makes this cut, I am going to have a hissy fit. Yea, I said it.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:56 PM
  #541
Synergy27
Registered User
 
Synergy27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,784
vCash: 500
I didn't watch the game, but what some of you need to understand is that the overall skill difference between your average Swiss/Swedish/Russian league player and your average NHLer is not all that big. Just because you've never heard of a guy doesn't mean he's not a really good player. It's really not a concern to me that a tired, unmotivated Ranger team lost this game.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:56 PM
  #542
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20,063
vCash: 500
I had a feeling they weren't really going to 100% show up, based on quotes from the coaches, schedule, ect.

I'm not going to make excuses from missing players, because 8-4 against a European league team really isn't excusable one way or the other.

But it doesn't count, and you could see from the player's expressions that they really did not care.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:57 PM
  #543
Nosferatos
Registered User
 
Nosferatos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
EC better be on his ****ing way out of here... If he makes this cut, I am going to have a hissy fit. Yea, I said it.
It's funny how Avery gets the spot, seeing how he's not playing.

Nosferatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:57 PM
  #544
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,952
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
I had a feeling they weren't really going to 100% show up, based on quotes from the coaches, schedule, ect.

I'm not going to make excuses from missing players, because 8-4 against a European league team really isn't excusable one way or the other.

But it doesn't count, and you could see from the player's expressions that they really did not care.
Exactly. Purely in terms of talent they should handle a team like Zug fairly easily. You could kinda tell though that the guys weren't really into it. An ugly performance, but it counts for nothing. Now we move on.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 04:01 PM
  #545
Osminator
Registered User
 
Osminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 4,695
vCash: 50
thenyrangers New York Rangers
On not playing Sean Avery last 2 games Torts says "I know what Sean can do"; add that he wanted to see Erik Christensen "in dift situations"
2 minutes ago

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 04:02 PM
  #546
nyrleetch
Registered User
 
nyrleetch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
thenyrangers New York Rangers
On not playing Sean Avery last 2 games Torts says "I know what Sean can do"; add that he wanted to see Erik Christensen "in dift situations"
2 minutes ago
Avery has to make it now. Christensen showed 0 in 2 games.

nyrleetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 04:03 PM
  #547
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
thenyrangers New York Rangers
On not playing Sean Avery last 2 games Torts says "I know what Sean can do"; add that he wanted to see Erik Christensen "in dift situations"
2 minutes ago
Thank god! That means Sean was sitting cuz Torts wanted to see what EC could do to earn a spot. EC did squat, zilch, nada, zero. Just cut him already and give Avery the spot. K thanks.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 04:05 PM
  #548
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,513
vCash: 500
At least some good news in all the misery. I heard they sold Avery to the Zugs for a set of tickets to the Zurich amusement park, and Torts tirade in the locker room could be heard through the Swiss Alps. I think they'll be ready in Stockholm.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 04:07 PM
  #549
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Thank god! That means Sean was sitting cuz Torts wanted to see what EC could do to earn a spot. EC did squat, zilch, nada, zero. Just cut him already and give Avery the spot. K thanks.
Based on what we have seen from Gaborik-Richards this preseason they might be considering not cutting the only center left that Gaborik has had any chemistry with. Ever.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 04:08 PM
  #550
Tomas W
Registered User
 
Tomas W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 5,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I just found those IIHF rankings, they had them sixth. They had the CZ Extraliga and SK Extraliga in front of them.
Dont think the Swiss leauge is much behind SEL etc, perhaps there are fewer teams that can compete (less parity between teams). It's hard to say.

The result today is probably not a result that would occur that often, but every team lays an egg sometimes, in particular if the legs arent there.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.